gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 263
Total: 263

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Charting the CD Waters  (Read 171699 times)
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2004, 05:22:20 AM »

On page 1 there's a week-by-week sales total of MOAM. however, like Pamela and the others, we have no idea what his sales are after MOAM fell from the Billboard 200 after it's 34th week on the charts. Apparently, the chart people must have felt it's sales were irrelevent because it wasn't charted.

We should all know if MOAM has re-entered this week or not...i'm hoping it has and the people at the charts will give out his sales totals!

Since MOAM has went over the 2.5 million sales mark, it's promoted "Triple-Platinum" even though it isn't at 3,000,000 or more.

Someone said that when a single or an album goes over the 2,501,000 sales mark then it's elevated to Triple-Platinum because it's at it's half-way mark...so, MOAM is Triple-Platinum, technically. When MOAM went over 1,501,000 then the RIAA would've certified it Double-Platinum...see the pattern? So, due to MOAM selling over 2,500,000 copies the RIAA calls it Triple-Platinum.

i was PM'd this info this morning and so i'll post it here. It may be on the ANN already.

THE SINGLE SALES CHART
1. Fantasia- "I Believe"
2. Diana DeGarmo- "Dreams"
3. Ashlee Simpson- "Pieces of Me"
4. Houston- "I Like That"
5. CLAY- "SOLITAIRE/THE WAY"
6. Jessica Simpson- "Take My Breath Away"
7. Nina Sky- "Move Ya Body"
8. Beyoncè- "Naughty Girl"
9. Elvis- "That's All Right"
10. Mis-Teeq- "Scandalous"
================
Laughing: i only report the titles, folks! i know most of them sound rank and it's a mystery why they even rank but they do and we have to live with it! CLAY rose to #5 from #6.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2004, 05:37:05 AM »

THANK YOU AC AS ALWAYS.  ANY TOTAL SALES NUMBERS OR DO I LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR THAT.

LORRAINE
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2004, 06:33:22 AM »

The sales for Solitaire as of July 11th were 294,877. i don't know the total sales for MOAM...i don't think anyone knows. i suppose RCA would know but i wouldn't know who to e-mail to

The July 15th Amazon numbers as of 9:34am:

1. MOAM- #279
2. Solitaire- #682
3. Arthur Audiobook- #260
4. Learning to Sing- #826
5. Clay Aiken Biography- #1,030

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2004, 07:14:39 AM »

AC
THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR ALWAYS HELPING US OUT WITH OUR QUESTIONS.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 08:23:49 AM »

YES AC THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN.  YOU ARE ALWAYS THERE FOR US.

LORRAINE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 09:48:42 PM »

AC, I love your new sig line!  Bravo!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 10:06:39 PM »

i also agree with Clay's remark about his fans that i see under the message board heading. i don't think i'm crazy, just enthusiastic...but there's a thin line between the two Laughing:
================
Quote from: Pamela
AC, i love your new sig line! Bravo!

================
Well, i'll tell you that i thought up that signature line when i was pouring my heart out in a thread called "Will the Real Clay Come Foward?" or something like that...i forget the thread's name. but as soon as i said that line, i knew i had to have it as a signature.

i've just been to the R&R web-page and was looking at the AC and Hot AC charts. Clay, of course, isn't to be releasing IWCY until the end of the month. However....someone has a new single out this week!! Anyone guess who?? No, it's not Woody Woodpecker!

It's Kelly Clarkson of all people. Just when people here were wondering where she disappeared to she's back with a song called "Breakaway". It's in the "Going for Adds" section on both formats! What label does she record for? It has "Hollywood" listed beside the song's title...i thought she was signed to the RCA/BMG/19E group?? I didn't know there was such a thing as Hollywood Records. Josh Groban is the most added. i can't figure out his lock on the charts. He seems to be even more "same sounding" as the critics charge Clay as being! And yet Groban's fawned over!?! i heard his new song on an AC station and i was mad! It's even slower than "Solitaire"!! :roll:

Kim Locke is still at #14 with "8th World Wonder"

That singles list with Clay at #5 is revealing. He's the only living guy on the list {Elvis being the other guy}...how ironic!

Everyone has been thanking me for this thread but it's fun for me and so it doesn't seem like i'm doing any hard work. i left the hard work {like getting into Billboard's web-site} to Pamela and clayMaine-iac. it must be my browser or whatever but the site always freezes for 5-10 minutes everytime i try to log-on and it's a pain...so i never go to Billboard's site again Laughing:

I was given credit for starting this thread. The credit goes to the one{s} who asked me to be a part of this because i'm definately not the only one bringing numbers.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2004, 06:07:30 AM »

July 16 Amazon as of 9:07am:
1. MOAM- #469
2. Solitaire/The Way- #310
3. Arthur Audiobook- #232
4. Learning to Sing- #2,278
5. Clay Aiken Autobiography- #2,044

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2004, 01:10:17 PM »

I THINK IT WILL BREAK MY HEART IF CLAY'S SINGLE SOLITAIRE DOES NOT MAKE IT FOR THE HOTTEST SELLING SINGLE OF THE YEAR.

BUT THANKS SO MUCH ACCOUNTRY, YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB. NOW IF YOU COULD ONLY "FIX" THE NUMBERS A LITTLE IN CLAY'S FAVOR!!!!  :roll:

JAN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S LIPBITE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2004, 06:25:26 AM »

Well, Jan, if this were 1961 and not 2004 i might fix the numbers and maybe call it "Numerical-ola" {only funny to people who know what payola is but then again, even to people who know what payola is, it wouldn't be funny either so forget what i said!}.

July 18th AMAZON
1. MOAM: #279
2. Solitaire/The Way: #340
3. Arthur Audiobook: #162
4. Learning to Sing: #653
5. Clay Aiken Biography: #1,112

rankings are representing 9:24am Ohio time. Out of the thousands and thousands of things Amazon sells, Clay's sales ranks are pretty good.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2004, 04:46:06 AM »

AC,
I wanted your opinion on something---no pressure   Laughing: .  Do you think with Neil Sedaka winning a song writers award on Bravo it will help boost the sale of Solitaire?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Take care,
Angela

"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
arleen
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2004, 06:19:56 AM »

I guess we will all be going out and buying second copies of Solataire!!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2004, 07:44:09 AM »

It might...BRAVO has a different audience that perhaps doesn't go out and buy music...and so a program airing on that network might help sales...

had Clay performed the song and BRAVO shown a taped performance of it for the studio audience, it could've helped sales too! we'll wait and see! but whatever the case, Clay's had more success with the song than predicted because of it's long running time. isn't it over 4 minutes long? like wordsmith/Lynn's article to radio people indicated, Clay's had success with little airplay and that might make some PDs angry because "radio" didn't make him a star.

back in the early '80s when MTV came along, the critics/media came up with the phrase: "MTV killed the radio star" because for the first time, a voice wasn't good enough anymore. A music video had to accompany a song because everything was getting "image" and "visually-driven"...and only a small few artists could slip by without a music video.

but, not to stray from the story that much, this is a big reason why even the MTV-types have this attitude toward Clay...his songs have meaning and they're full of emotion and a Clay music video doesn't "look" like the music videos cranked out by others over-night...or so that's what i assume goes through the mind of music channels because TRL is the only show where his videos air...even if it's 30 seconds! i've never seen them aired outside that show...and yet if it's on TRL it's one of the most requested and yet least aired!?! so, the problems at radio spill over to MTV/MTV2 and VH-1...

i know this got off the subject of BRAVO Laughing:

and so a TV appearance might do the trick once again since for now radio hasn't figured it out yet.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2004, 07:48:34 AM »

Thanks AC,
You are so insightful--I really love to read what you have to say.

Thanks again,
Angela

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2004, 10:26:12 AM »

JULY 19th AMAZON
1. MOAM- #192
2. Solitaire/The Way- #575
3. Arthur Audiobook- #171
4. Learning to Sing- #541
5. Clay Aiken Biography- #1,452

as of 1:20pm Ohio time
====================

As most of you all know, "Solitaire" has sold over 290,000 copies during it's 18th week on the Sales chart. Fantasia's "I Believe" has sold over 270,000 copies {in a shorter time span!} and Diana has sold over 100,000 copies of her single.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2004, 10:48:34 AM »

Thank you AC.  I will be picking up a few more copies today.  I want Clay to stay number 1 with Solitaire/The Way.  No way is Fantasia going to beat our guy.

Lorraine
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2004, 04:55:14 PM »

I'm with you Lorraine, I'll buy a couple too!! I'd never sleep if Fantasia outsold our Clay!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2004, 04:26:17 PM »

Here are some "numbers' on Solitaire/The Way single:

Debuted at #1 on the Singles Sales Chart with sales of 100,413.
Sold 10 times the normal amount for a debut commercial single.
Debuted at #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart.
Highest 1st week sales of a single since .... TITN/BOTW !!!
17 weeks on the U.S. Singles Sales Chart
9 weeks at #1
Has sold over 297,000 units so far.
Canadian Singles Sales Chart:#1 weeks 1, 2 and 3.
[/i]

Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2004, 02:13:04 AM »

AMAZON RANKS; July 21[/u]
1. MOAM- #869
2. Solitaire/The Way- #423
3. Arthur Audiobook- #363
4. Learning to Sing- #879
5. Clay Aiken Biography- #1,930
==================

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2004, 11:22:16 AM »

Stopped at WalMart again last night and found about five copies of Solitaire and one of MOAM on the shelf. I don't know if they got a delivery on Tuesday or not. If they did, they sold a bunch. I didn't find any on the rack on Monday.
One copy of Solitaire stuck to my hand again.   :oops:  :oops:  :D (Makes five at home) Unwrapped. One in CD player and one at work. Plus the Singapore edition. I just gave a copy away to my son and daughter in law for their wedding anniversary last week. HAD TO REPACE IT!  Wink:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 99 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx