gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:19:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 408
Total: 408

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Playing Where You Are?  (Read 51532 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2004, 07:41:26 PM »

Radio play...it's coming.  I can feel it.  

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE TARGET AS TO DOWNLOAD 106.7 ORLANDO FL WXXL SURVIVAL CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCEMENT!!

This is a Clear Channel Top 40 station.
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2004, 07:50:12 PM »

I LOVE THE RADIO CALL IN!!! Kickin' some BOOTY!! I am impressed ! Keep up the great work Clay fans!! Wish I were there!

Lora-Ohio
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2004, 10:00:04 AM »

Z100 NY is offering live streaming audio again.

You do have to register and become a "ZVIP" in order to connect to the stream. Registration requires a name and address in addition to email. There is no other requirement that I see at the moment. I'm not sure yet how this will change the criteria for requesting, if it does at all. However, if you intend to register, it might be a good idea to do it now before IWCY is available for play. (But, maybe not every one of us at the same time!) Of course, this information is useless anyway if Z100 still refuses to play Clay, but I am hoping that is no longer the case.

It is called a "global" signup:

Register to be a zvip: http://www.z100.com/jacor-common/globalsignup.html

Register for a streaming player: http://www.z100.com/player/

Now Playing/Recently Played feature: http://z100.com/iplaylist/

Thanks to millay at the Clackhouse for the info!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2004, 11:22:57 AM »

I am signed up before my computer blows up!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO much CLAY stuff!!! Thanks for letting us know!! It is information on sights like this that will GET/KEEP Clay in the PUBLIC eye!!!

Lora-Ohio
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »

ROSEVIOLET'S RADIO UPDATE

Solitaire is now #29 on the Radio and Records AC chart.

There are 15 stations playing Solitaire (8 less that last week), 20 playing Invisible (2 less than last week), 5 playing This is the Night (2 more than last week) and one playing The Way.

Please call your station to request Solitaire and if you hear them play Solitaire, call or email to let them know how much you appreciate hearing it.  

Stations playing Solitaire:
The number in parentheses indicate how the current number of spins differ from the previous week. Stations marked with a (?) are where Solitaire appeared back on the playlist after having dropped off previously.

WLZW-FM (98.7) Utica-Rome, NY rank:26 spins:7 (?)
WRRM-FM (98 ) Cincinnati, OH rank:19 spins:10 (?)
WLEV-FM (100.7) Allentown-Bethlehem, PA rank:24 spins:8 (=)
WMGS-FM (98.3) Wilkes Barre-Scranton, PA rank:17 spins:14 (+2)
WARM-FM (103) York, PA rank:20 spins:18 (+5)
WMYI-FM (102.5) Greenville-Spartanburg, SC rank:27 spins:5 (-1)
KKMJ-FM (MAJIC 95.5) Austin, TX rank:24 spins:7 (-1)
KKBA-FM (92.7) Corpus Christi, TX rank:13 spins:11 (?)
KVIL-FM (103.7) Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX rank:23 spins:11 (=)
KRWM-FM (106.9) Seattle-Tacoma, WA rank:30 spins:4 (-2)
KOST-FM (103.5) Los Angeles, CA rank:4 spins:14 (-2)
KTRR-FM (102.5) Ft Collins-Greeley, CO rank:19 spins:13 (=)
WIKY-FM (104.1) Evansville, IN rank:16 spins:10 (-1)
WSRS-FM (96.1) Worcester, MA rank:27 spins:7 (-3)
WJKK-FM (98.7) Jackson, MS rank:22 spins:9 (+1)

Stations playing TITN:
WRMM-FM (101.3) Rochester, NY rank:17 spins:9
KKMJ-FM (MAJIC 95.5) Austin, TX rank:29 spins:7
KXLY-FM (99.9) Spokane, WA rank:28 spins:7
KOST-FM (103.5) Los Angeles, CA rank:26 spins:1
WRSN-FM (93.9) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:19 spins:10

Stations playing The Way:
WAFY-FM (103.1) Frederick, MD rank:11 spins:24

Stations playing Invisible:
WJYE-FM (96.1) Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY rank:22 spins:8
WALK-FM (97.5) Nassau-Suffolk, NY rank:22 spins:11
WRVF-FM (101.5) Toledo, OH rank:12 spins:13
KMGL-FM (104.1) Oklahoma City, OK rank:22 spins:7
WLTJ-FM (92.9) Pittsburgh, PA rank:23 spins:8
WSPA-FM (98.9) Greenville-Spartanburg, SC rank:26 spins:9
WLTQ-FM (97.3) Milwaukee-Racine, WI rank:24 spins:9
KSOF-FM (98.9) Fresno, CA rank:20 spins:11
KWAV-FM (97) Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz, CA rank:26 spins:7
KGBY-FM (Y92) Sacramento, CA rank:28 spins:9
KKLI-FM (106.3) Colorado Springs, CO rank:18 spins:8
WPEZ-FM (93.7) Macon, GA rank:16 spins:10
WYXB-FM (105.7) Indianapolis, IN rank:18 spins:9
WSRS-FM (96.1) Worcester, MA rank:30 spins:7
WQLR-FM (106.5) Kalamazoo, MI rank:27 spins:7
WMAG-FM (99.5) Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, NC rank:18 spins:8
WRAL-FM (101.5) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:17 spins:9
WRSN-FM (93.9) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:9 spins:14
WOBM-FM (92.7) Monmouth-Ocean, NJ rank:22 spins:9
KSNE-FM (106.5) Las Vegas, NV rank:30 spins:5
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2004, 09:42:56 PM »

well, the song peaked at #23 R&R AC for those keeping track. chart peaks, to me, are just as important as awards he's won or been nominated for. the position he peaks at isn't as important, in my opinion. the fact he's on the charts is what i hold more higher than where the song or album peaks at.  

the news of IWCY being his new single i'm guessing prompted AC stations to simply stop playing Solitaire. i mean, it was near Top-20 status with a bullet on the R&R chart and then RCA jumps from the single simply because it's been out longer than 4 months...hurting the chances of the song to go even higher.

you all can still request Solitaire at the AC stations in your area and it may become a recurrent but it's already peaked and it's lost several stations already and i don't think it'll be on the chart this coming Thursday...so, as i said on another thread, take a breather and get ready for IWCY and of course it's chart success will be based on AIRPLAY ONLY since there's no commercial single to buy that'll put it on the Sales charts!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Anonymous
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2004, 06:37:21 PM »

In a strange twist of irony, Clay was pitted against the Beu Sisters in the survival battle on Orlando's 106.7 FM tonight.  And the winner is.......

Clay Aiken  - 100%

Awoohoo!  Tomorrow night, he will be going for #5!

From the Clackhouse:

Before the voting began, the DJ said, "These poor girls going up against Clay Aiken. They have no idea." Actually they probably do, since they were on the IT tour with him and saw the overwhelming love first hand. Guess the DJ didn't know.

:mrgreen:
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2004, 05:30:04 PM »

I just got an email survey from one of the radio stations that I listen to (who doesn't play Clay).  I got it because I am in their loyal listener club.  I got to rate songs and then at the end there was a free form section, so I stated what I liked about the station and complimented the DJs that I liked, but added in that I would like to hear Clay Aiken songs on their station.  Made quick mention that he has a new single coming out.  

I would suggest finding out if your local stations have any kind of listener clubs and join. They may have surveys like this too.

I also get Rate The Music surveys and have been able to rate Clay songs sometimes.  I would recommend getting signed up for that.  It seems like these things come out almost weekly.  You can sign up at www.ratethemusic.com

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
claynadian
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2004, 11:00:44 AM »

A YEAR TILL THE NEXT CD! NOOOOO!!! Thats so unfair.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2004, 04:43:15 AM »

AC Stations
Radio and Records playlist update for the week ending 7/10/04.

There are 8 stations playing Solitaire (4 less that last week), 23 playing Invisible (same as last week), 2 playing This is the Night (same as last week), one playing The Way and one playing BOTW.

Please call your station to request Solitaire and if you hear them play Solitaire, call or email to let them know how much you appreciate hearing it.

Stations playing Solitaire:
The number in parentheses indicate how the current number of spins differ from the previous week. Stations marked with a (?) are where Solitaire appeared back on the playlist after having dropped off previously.

WMGS-FM (98.3) Wilkes Barre-Scranton, PA rank:24 spins:10 (=)
WARM-FM (103) York, PA rank:28 spins:7 (-6)
KRWM-FM (106.9) Seattle-Tacoma, WA rank:29 spins:4 (-1)
KOST-FM (103.5) Los Angeles, CA rank:3 spins:16 (=)
WIKY-FM (104.1) Evansville, IN rank:18 spins:10 (+1)
WTPI-FM (107.9) Indianapolis, IN rank:27 spins:6 (?)
WSRS-FM (96.1) Worcester, MA rank:23 spins:8 (-2)
WRSN-FM (93.9) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:30 spins:4 (-3)

Stations playing TITN:
WRMM-FM (101.3) Rochester, NY rank:20 spins:8 (-3)
WRSN-FM (93.9) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:19 spins:8 (=)

Stations playing BOTW
WRAL-FM (101.5) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:17 spins:7

Stations playing The Way:
WAFY-FM (103.1) Frederick, MD rank:13 spins:22 (+1)

Stations playing Invisible:
WJYE-FM (96.1) Buffalo-Niagara Falls, NY rank:15 spins:9 (+1)
WALK-FM (97.5) Nassau-Suffolk, NY rank:25 spins:9 (+2)
WRVF-FM (101.5) Toledo, OH rank:15 spins:12 (-2)
KMGL-FM (104.1) Oklahoma City, OK rank:15 spins:9 (?)
WLTJ-FM (92.9) Pittsburgh, PA rank:22 spins:4 (-1)
WSPA-FM (98.9) Greenville-Spartanburg, SC rank:30 spins:8 (-1)
WRVR-FM (104.5) Memphis, TN rank:26 spins:10 (+2)
KBEE-FM (B98.7)Salt Lake City, UT rank:15 spins:13 (? +9)
WTVR-FM (98 ) Richmond, VA rank:14 spins:11 (? +6)
WLTQ-FM (97.3) Milwaukee-Racine, WI rank:21 spins:7 (-3)
KSOF-FM (98.9) Fresno, CA rank:18 spins:11 (?)
KWAV-FM (97) Monterey-Salinas-Santa Cruz, CA rank:23 spins:8 (+1)
KGBY-FM (Y92) Sacramento, CA rank:23 spins:8 (-2)
KKLI-FM (106.3) Colorado Springs, CO rank:28 spins:5 (-2)
KOSI-FM (101.1) Denver-Boulder, CO rank:18 spins:14 (+3)
WYXB-FM (105.7) Indianapolis, IN rank:20 spins:9 (=)
WSRS-FM (96.1) Worcester, MA rank:30 spins:7 (?)
WKTK-FM (98.5) Gainesville-Ocala, FL rank:19 spins:8 (?)
WPEZ-FM (93.7) Macon, GA rank:17 spins:10 (=)
WQLR-FM (106.5) Kalamazoo, MI rank:19 spins:10 (-3)
WMAG-FM (99.5) Greensboro-Winston Salem-High Point, NC rank:16 spins:9 (+1)
WRSN-FM (93.9) Raleigh-Durham, NC rank:13 spins:12 (-3)
WOBM-FM (92.7) Monmouth-Ocean, NJ rank:22 spins:10 (+1)

INVISIBLE has really got legs!

Thanks to roseviolet at the Clackhouse for compiling this information!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

Quote from: claynadian
A YEAR TILL THE NEXT CD! NOOOOO!!! Thats so unfair.

==================
He will have a holiday CD in the fall/winter to hold us over until early 2005. it's not like he's not gonna have anything new until next year.

i also echo the thoughts of Pamela. Invisible certainly has it's legs!!  

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
houstonclayfan
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2004, 11:31:11 AM »

I am willing to bet that Invisible is being used to promote the summer tour and that is why stations are playing it again.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2004, 01:46:45 PM »

i hope you're right, houston!! in late July/early August IWCY should replace "Invisible" Wink:

hopefully the plays of IWCY will promote the tour and MOAM too!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
houstonclayfan
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2004, 01:53:32 PM »

Quote from: ACcountryFan
hopefully the plays of IWCY will promote the tour and MOAM too!!

I hope so too, AC !  I am just still worried about the airplay of IWCY.  IMO, it is less radio-friendly than Invisible because it is less versatile.  But I love IWCY and I would like to see more fans recruited so I have my fingers crossed !
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2004, 02:10:08 PM »

WSRS 96.1 plays IWCY.  During the request hours :D

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
houstonclayfan
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2004, 02:22:46 PM »

Angela, stop rubbing it in  Twisted:  :P  Wink:
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2004, 02:34:08 PM »

Quote from: houstonclayfan
Angela, stop rubbing it in  Twisted:  :P  Wink:

I CAN'T HELP IT :P   Twisted:   :D  8) !

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2004, 09:22:16 PM »

This is from a Kelly Clarkson message board, and was posted at RHT.com.
A Kelly fan requested her new single, 'Breakaway', via email and received an email reply from the music director Cubby Bryant. The station was Z100 in NYC.

Yes, we will play it. Can you also alert other people in the "fan club" that are told to e-mail radio stations and request the Kelly Clarkson song to be careful. All radio stations are aware this happens and when we get an abnormal amount of request's it becomes fishy and actually works against the song. Radio programmers don't take request seriously when it's obvious e-mail's are coming from outside the listening area and the ones within the area are way higher than normal.Thanks,Cubby

Now I realize that it would be easy to criticize this guy for what he says, but look at it another way. What he says is true, we've heard it from other radio people before about requesting Clay's songs.

When other message boards were mounting these huge campaigns for people all across the country to spam a radio station's listener polls, or request Clay's songs when they couldn't even listen to the station, it really didn't help Clay at all.

I do find it interesting that he is being so nice about explaining the situation to Kelly's fan.  They weren't always so nice to us, from what I've heard anyway.  (The DJs in Raleigh are usually pretty cool.  I've had no problems with anyone around here.)

Don't forget - IWCY going for adds starting on Monday!
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2004, 10:48:20 PM »

Quote from: Pamela
I do find it interesting that he is being so nice about explaining the situation to Kelly's fan

=================
boy...i wish it were that easy for most of us! i've only e-mailed the stations i listen to...and they've never greeted me with "yes, we will play it". i guess if Clay recorded that song they wouldn't be so friendly Wink: :?:

i know what that guy is meaning in his reply. abnormal requests look suspicious...and with caller ID and ISP trackers for internet, everyone can be tracked down and they can tell an e-mail or a request is from out of their listening area or not. i hope someone takes what i just said and plasters it all over all the other Clay message boards.

What needs to be done is rather simple: request once or twice a day for a few days maximum at stations you can hear. If the station plays the song, that's a good sign...and keep the requests up.

However, after a period of weeks of requesting and requesting and no airplay, don't get alarmed! i recall people were wanting to throw in the towel two weeks after The Way/Solitaire came out because radio wasn't playing the song instantly Laughing: and yet the single is still sitting pretty in the Sales Top-10 after 18 weeks, i believe...a far cry from being a "flop".

Remember, AC or Hot AC radio doesn't "jump" on singles as soon they're released.

It takes weeks[/u] for songs to get "worked in" for airplay.

Patience, patience, patience which i'll refer to as Pł from now on is needed when dealing with the AC format because they're slow to add stuff.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2004, 07:28:46 PM »

REMINDER -- I WILL CARRY YOU GOES FOR ADDS NEXT WEEK!

What can we do to help Clay?  

First, know your local stations.  Go to RADIO & RECORDS and click on 'formats.'  Check both AC (adult contemporary) and CHR/Pop (contemporary hit radio) and search for your local stations.  You most likely aren't going to hear Clay on any station labeled 'classic' anything or country or christian or any other genre except AC or CHR at this time.

Find your local stations that fit these formats then Google them to find their websites.  Look for a link to sign up for either 'Rate the Music' or 'Promosquad' or any other music rating site.   Sign up!  

Look for any polls or countdowns to vote on.  Look for a link to email a request.  Ask for Clay, but don't wear out your welcome!  Thank them if you hear them play IWCY or any other Clay song.  If you don't see a link, go to PROMOSQUAD or RATE THE MUSIC and sign up.

Don't just focus on Clay.  Be an active member and tell them what you think about all the songs.  

REMEMBER -- Only rank, vote or request at stations you can actually hear from where you are.  It's only right.  Anything else doesn't help Clay.

I Will Carry You is included at Promosquad for rating right now.  The ratings are being accumulated right now and are being communicated to the radio industry.  

Anything you are able to do to be an active participant in supporting Clay on the radio would be greatly appreciated.  Let's get Clay on the radio!

Thanks!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx