gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's Playing Where You Are?  (Read 51495 times)
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2004, 03:48:41 PM »

Last Sunday (Halloween) I had the John Tesh Show on and heard Invisible.  

I barely ever remember to turn this show on (it airs here on Sunday Mornings) but almost everytime I do, I hear Invisible!!  

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2004, 07:09:41 PM »

NEW MUSIC IN NOVEMBER
Monday, November 8
* Josh Groban “Believe” – Polar Express Soundtrack
* Sister Hazel “All About Love”

Monday, November 16
* Gwen Stefani “Love, Angel, Music, Baby”
* Clay Aiken “Merry Christmas With Love

From WRAL FM (MIX101.5) in Raleigh's monthly newsletter.  Yeah!
invisible1130
« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »

You guys are lucky! They don't even play Clay songs around here! Ever since they changed our local top 40's station to country, no Clay! It's sad. Cry! We miss Clay!! argh!

"If I had a halo, it'd be crooked." -Clay Aiken
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

If you live in or near the Detroit area, 100.3 WNIC is surveying for your favorite Christmas songs.  Clay is not on the list, but he should be. Wink

So, write him in!

The First Noel or Silver Bells from last year, Mary Did You Know from this year, or anything from the new CD.  Let's let these folks know we want to hear Clay this holiday season!

WRITE IN CLAY!
heartbraiken4clay
« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2004, 06:26:21 PM »

I don't know why they're not listed in the above liste of radio stations that play Clay but 96.1 in Olympia WA. plays Invisible, TITN, IWCY, and The Way frequently.  So if you live in NorthWest Washington please let them know you appreciate it.
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2004, 02:28:38 PM »

Heads up for Torontonians!

from the CB:
I emailed dj Darryl Henry yesterday regarding MCWL being out in the stores and I got the following response:

"I've heard the album's good! In fact one listener and a Clay fan, Donna, sent me a copy. You Claymates are the nicest! Word is the Christmas music is very close to starting up and we'll be playing at least TWO tunes from Clay's cd. Stay tuned!"

Darryl Henry
Midday Announcer
97.3 EZ Rock
Toronto's #1 Music Station

This made me very happy and very excited! ......and l have a big smile on my face while tackling a busy day at work.

Excuse me while I eeeeee at finally being able to hear Clay on the radio again! I can't remember when the last time I heard him was, but I remember the song was Invisible.

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #166 on: November 24, 2004, 05:54:54 PM »

I guess the Kansas Clay fans have made themselves heard in the Wichita area. Today on the Brett and Tracy show (KRBB 97.9 FM) they were answering e-mails. Brett said that they have been hearing from several Clay fans that they want to hear songs from MCWL. Brett assured the listeners that they will be playing Clay's new music on Friday, when they start playing Christmas music non-stop thru Christmas Day. Go to www.b98fm.com and e-mail Brett and Tracy to request Clay!!!

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2004, 12:44:03 PM »

TIFF way to go. I just posted this over in the reviews too,so I brought it over here as well.

HEARD MCWL ON THE RADIO TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M TALKING ABOUT IN CANADA YOU KNOW !!!!
I was driving my daughter to school when it came on 97.3 Easy Rock in Toronto. I screamed out loud -- it's Clay Taylor-my 51/2 year old daughter- and she said --I know mom, I know !!! We couldn't get out of the car until it was finished, I was hoping they would say his name but they didn't.
I have only heard Clay sing on the raadio about 5 times since MOAM came out so this was a biga day !!

Again, way to go TIFF !!!!!!!

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2004, 03:04:57 PM »

Yeah for us in Canada!!!!  We love you too Clay!!!  Chrisie, you hit your 1000 posts, congratulations!!!    

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2004, 06:04:34 PM »

ChrisieD- 1000 posts!!!    

Congrats!

Lora
tiff
UltimateFan

« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

Whenever I enter the bathroom, I automatically turn on the radio.  I don't know why I like to have music while I do my business, I just do (how's that for tmi?). ANYWAY, I turn on the radio, and...

Wait a minute, I know this song

This song sounded awfully familiar.

Wait a minute, I know this voice!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! IT WAS MCWL!!!!!!!!!!

I never hear Clay on the radio, so I immediately assumed it was someone else singing it, but it wasn't! It really was Clay!! I let out a sound that was  a cross between shock and a sqeal. I couldn't contain my happiness in that bathroom (thank goodness no one else was around to see me jump around like a weirdo). Ofcourse, my very full bladder hated the extra wait, but it was Clay! By the way, the station was 97.3 EZrock!

"And the one poor child who saved this world, and there's ten million more who probably could if we all just stopped and said a prayer for them" - Goo Goo Dolls, 'Better Days'
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #171 on: November 27, 2004, 06:43:06 PM »

Spins for songs from MCWL are starting to show up on the charts:

Playing Winter Wonderland
Kansas City's KUDL
Houston's KODA  
Raleigh's WRSN
Greenville SC's WMYI
Richmond's WTVR
Charlotte's WLYT
Wilkes-Barre's WMGS
Raleigh's WRAL
Burlington, VT's WEZF

Playing Mary Did You Know
Kansas City's KUDL
Indianapolis's WTPI
NYC's WHUD
Raleigh's WRAL

Playing Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Greenville, SC's WMYI
San Antonio's KQXT
Richmond's WTVR
Burlington, VT's WEZF
Lexington's WMXL

Playing Don't Save It All For Christmas Day
Raleigh's WRAL

Playing Hark the Herald Angels Sing/O Come All Ye Faithful
Salt Lake City's KSFI

Playing O Holy Night
Indianapolis' WTPI

Playing  Joy To The World
Oklahoma City's KMGL
Appleton's WROE

If you hear Clay on the radio where you are, be sure and post it here!
Thanks to those who have!
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #172 on: November 28, 2004, 07:04:34 PM »

Hi! This is some radio info I found out by researching on the internet.

My mom lives in Fremont Ohio. I grew up there. Tiny town, not much to it. Had a radio station - WFRO were the call letters. Still is there. My aunt sold advertising there for MANY years and retired. The station played weird music no kid growing up in the 70'- 80' would listen to. They advertised the garage sales, had a swap shop etc, pets for sale. Community oriented stuff. Where is this going you ask??

Well..my mom called me the other night and she said Clay Aiken was on TV doing an advertisement for the local radio station. I thought she was NUTS!! She insisted it was him. Split screen commercial- Clay talking about "Eagle 99" station and the other side was showing Clay singing at various places- maybe even videos, my mom was not sure what or where those were from.

Since mother is always right..I looked into it. She told me that the station was sold a while back. It seems that Eagle 99 is an AC station. It was listed in the radio licensing by BAS Broadscasting Inc.  So..I dug a little further.. Well - guess who owns WFRO radio station- along with several others, including a Raleigh Durham TV station?? Walt Disney Inc/ ABC, Inc!!

Now how weird is that?? I can only surmise that somehow those connections have Clay speaking for Eagle 99 on the Toledo TV  channel..WTVG..also owned by Disney. I spent some time on the internet going round and round and was finally - after some disbelief- resigned to the fact that mom was right- again!

NOW my hometown does something that I wished I lived there for!!

Here is the link that shows some Disney Owned Radio and TV stations..maybe there will be one near you!! Maybe they would like to know that we want to hear Clay Aiken on the radio!!

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/disney.asp

Pretty interesting- something I didn't know!!

Lora
claydevotee
« Reply #173 on: December 01, 2004, 05:45:09 PM »

~~~sigh~~~I keep e-mailing the Chicago AC radio station  requesting any song from MCWL.  Today they were featuring his album on their "new releases" topic, but still no airplay for Clay on WLIT.  

But I'll keep on plugging, anyway......
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2004, 08:42:27 AM »

I thought I would share this with you:

Here is an email I sent to 101.9 lite fm in Baltimore:

I justed wanted to say Thank You for playing Clay Aiken's "The First
Noel" - it was a delight to hear it this morning after 8:00 on my way to work!  I just love that man and I look forward to hearing some of his new songs off his Christmas cd "Merry Christmas With Love"  on 101.9 - my favorite lite station!!

Thank You Again!!

and here is the reply I received back from the Program Manager:

You're welcome!!  We're not done yet!

Greg Carpenter

Cool for us here in my area!!  He really is getting radio play!!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2004, 06:02:05 PM »

KRBB in Wichita, KS has been playing several songs from MCWL. This morning I heard Winter Wonderland twice in their morning show with Brett and Tracy.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2004, 04:22:05 PM »

A couple of DJs at KS95 (a HotAC station in Minneapolis) spontaneously talked a bit about Clay today.  Staci mentioned that Barry Manilow just got some kind of 1 year deal to do shows in Vegas for a huge amount of $$$ (don't quote me on the Barry info) then the other DJ "Moon" said "You know in 30 years that is going to be Clay Aiken!"  The other DJ chimed in and said that there are a lot of people out there who don't admit to being fans, but they really do like his music. Then she added that he was breaking records with the sales for MCWL.    

I emailed them saying that I agreed with them and let them know about the Christmas special next week with Barry.  Staci replyed and said Thanks and that she was going to TIVO (sp?) that.  

This station has never played a Clay song, so I definately consider this progress.  It may take awhile,    but as Clay's successes become more and more common knowledge, radio play has to improve.  .  .  .  .  . Doesn't it???

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #177 on: December 05, 2004, 02:50:19 PM »

I heard Clay and Kim's Duet of Silver Bells today on the John Tesh Show.  Afterwards he said that was "Clay Aiken with Kimberly Locke"!!

That is the first time I have heard a Clay Christmas song on the radio this season!

paclayfan
Claymaniac

« Reply #178 on: December 05, 2004, 03:18:17 PM »

I heard Clay twice today in the Philly area on B101.1  !!
They played The First Noel and MCWL. This is the first I've heard Clay on radio since "Invisible".  The DJ said something like... "that should make a lot of people happy. We get so many requests for Clay, especially the Christmas songs."
caramel131
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2004, 07:08:20 AM »

Well, I'm still frustrated here in Cleveland.  I have yet to hear any of Clay's Christmas songs on the radio.  How is it that he has the number one Christmas album this year, has broken records set by Celine Dion and Garth Brooks, have gotten rave reviews by critics and people in the music industry, and yet he is getting very little to no radio play? I hear Christmas songs by various artists being played at least twice on the radio before I leave work in any given day.  Why can't they give Clay one of those time slots?  It's not like we have a lot of time left.  There are basically three weeks left to the Christmas holiday.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx