gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:24:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 180
Total: 180

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay in Magazines - Dates and Details  (Read 229227 times)
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #460 on: April 02, 2006, 11:29:21 AM »

Frankie - To be honest, I hadn't been here until today. What hard work you put into this thread!  Clapping Clapping Clapping It's amazing! Wonderful job!!!

These scans aren't from a mainstream magazine, but rather from one of those you find on airlines. Imagine the thousands of people who've read this on their U.S. Airways fight!

From elaineforclay @ CV who brought them over from the CB ...

~~click to make big~~

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #461 on: April 02, 2006, 11:52:43 PM »

I read about this in the ANN - this is the second time that  Clay has been featured in an airlines magazine - the first time was well over a year ago. thank you so much for posting it here, Lindsay! 

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #462 on: April 06, 2006, 11:08:47 PM »

I haven't had much time to look at magazines this week, and I didn't find anything about Clay in the few I have read but here is what I did or did not find:

NO CLAY IN:

Interview Magazine - April 2005
Newsweek Magazine - 4/10/06

T.V. Guide April 10-16, 2006 -  This Issue is full of American Idol:
Page 11 - Win a 4-day, 3-night trip to the finale of American Idol 5 (plus $500 in spending money) by logging onto www.tvguide.com/idol - this Ad also featured a 1/2 page picture of the 10 AI5 Finalists.
Page 12 - Idol Chat - pictures and articles on Lisa Tucker, Kellie Pickler, and Paula Abdul.
Page 15 - Full-page Kelly Clarkson Ad for March of Dimes Team Youth.
Pages 34-37 - Articles and Pictures about the AI5 10 Finalists.
Page 87- Picture of Kelly Clarkson - she will appear on The Brit Awards (U.K. Music Awards).

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #463 on: April 10, 2006, 03:13:02 PM »

NO CLAY IN:

In Touch 4/10/06
In Touch 4/17/06
Star 4/10/06

Pop Star - May 2005

Page 101 "Trashin' Fashion Special" There is a 3" by 4" picture of Clay at the Emmys - PopStar Editors think Clay did not look good in "this mismatchy suit-and-tie combo"    NOTE: This is the same suit that sold for thousands of dollars  for the Clothes Off Our Backs ebay raffle!  Laughing I will post a picture later, when husband gets home with the digital camera!

This is also the month to vote for the annual  PopStar  Awards -  the magazine says you can vote at www.popstaronline.com (I looked, and could not find a ballott) .  There is a mail-in ballott in the magazine (it has to reach popStar by May 1st). Clay is not on the ballot in the magazine, but there is a place to write someone in in each category. 

EDIT: Here is the picture  of the clothing that PopStar thought was so  awful:

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »

Just got a call from ClayObssessed:

NO CLAY IN:

Twist - April 2006
US Weekly 4/10/06
US Weekly 4/17/06

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #465 on: April 13, 2006, 10:27:31 AM »

NO CLAY or Idol News in:

Newsweek 4/17/06

T.V. Guide April 17-23, 2006
NO CLAY, but I found:

Page 13 - "Idol Chat" This week discusses Mandisa's departure, Lisa Tucker, and Katharine McPhee.

Page 18 - The T.V. Guide Channel will have a show "Idol Tonight" on April 18 - 6:00 p.m. Central, 7:00 p.m. Eastern time - Hosted by Kimberly Caldwell - show is about AI5, but since Kimberly was on AI2, we can always hope for a Clay mention!  Fingers Crossed

EDIT: Tiffany tells me (thanks, Tiffany) that this is a weekly show, and that Kimberly does mention Clay occasionally - I'm going to start watching it. I'm glad that T.V. Guide decided to feature the show in its listings - I would never have found it otherwise.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #466 on: April 18, 2006, 12:57:12 PM »

I've just heard from ClayObsessed, who has been hard at work for all of us:

American Idol Magazine - Volume 2, Issue 3 - AI5 Top 12 Contestants are on the cover:
Page 17 - "News" Talks about Teen People March Issue's Greatest Idol Success Stories - Clay was #2 after Kelly's #1. (No Picutre)
Page 20 - Carrie Underwood Interview - she mentions Clay and others as she talks about how success is possible from Idol - talks about the number of albums sold.
Pages 26 and 28 - Article by Fred Bronson (I love him!) "Charting The Idols" Talks about how BillBoard has over 100 charts a week, and that Idols have had over 87 weeks of #1 Hits - Top charters are: Kelly - 32, Fantasia - 11, Ruben - 10, Clay - 8, and Carrie - 7. Page 26has a good-size paragraph about Clay, explaining each of his 8 #1 Chart Hits. On Page 28, there is a thumbnail picutre of each Idol.
Page 79 - clay is mentioned on one of the scorecards readers can fill out each week as they watch AI5.

NOTE: - I first posted this here on April 15, with a long list of other magazines that Shirl had checked, but my post disappeared!  I will go back and get the rest of the magazines that she called in and will re-post them later.

Frankie

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #467 on: April 18, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »

O.K. - here is the rest of Shirl's list - I don't know how Saturday's post disappeared! Not much here, but at least it will keep you from having to search for Clay yourself:

Teen People - March 2006 - Page 64 - "Greatest Idol Succcess Stories" Clay #2, after Kelly - No Picture

Teen People - May 2006 - Page 109 - "Stars In Africa" - talks about Clay in Uganda - No Picture.

Shirls's April Isssue of Teen People did not reach her, so she has no report on the April magazine.

NO CLAY IN:

Astro Magazine - No Date On Cover - It just said "display until July 17, 2006"
BOP - May 2006
Tiger Beat - May 2006
M Magazine - May 2006
Teen Magazine - Spring 2006
Quiz Fest - May 2006
O.K. Magazine - 4/24/06
US Weekly - 4/24/06
In Touch 4/24/06
J-14 - April 2006
Rolling Stone 4/20/06
Star - 4/24/06
People 4/24/06

Thanks, Shirl, for calling all of these in!!!  Huggles

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #468 on: April 24, 2006, 05:16:13 AM »

Not much time for magazines so far this week, but here is the little I have had time to read:

T.V. Guide April24-30, 2006 NO CLAY
Page 12 "Idol Chat" Articles about Bucky Covington and Chris Daughtry (said that Chris and Kellie Pickler have been fighting colds). Pictures of Bucky and Chris. Page 32 "Best of May Sweeps" Idol Final will be on May 24th. Pages 34-36 - three-page article with pictures about Simon Cowell - No Clay mention.

Newsweek 4/24/06 - NO CLAY

ClayObsessed did call in:

NO CLAY IN:

US Weekly 4/24/06
US Weekly 5/1/06
Carolina Country - April 2006 (Shirl did say that Carolina Country - which is  free magazine published by the electricity provider in North Carolina - is a great magazine that makes her want to move from California to North Carolina! - even during the months whe they do not mention Clay.  Laughing )

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2006, 07:57:28 AM »

NO CLAY IN:

Interview Magazine - May 2006
Newsweek 5/1/06
Twist  Magazine - May/June 2006
O.K. Magazine 5/1/06

Also NO CLAY IN T.V. Guide May 1-7, 2006, but there is:

Page 11 - Cost of a 30-second commercial during the Finals of AI5 on 5/24/06 is 1.3 Million dollars.
Page 12 - "Idol Chat" Articles about and pictures of Ace and Kellie - Article about the "American Dreamz" movie, which spoofs Idol.
Page 21 - "Cheers and Jeers" - Jeers CBS for scheduling the 41st Annual Country Music Association Awards opposite the AI5 Final - reminds CBS of what happened to Grammy ratings when they went up against Idol.
Pages 30-31 - Two page article  about Ryan Seacrest, with pictures.
Pages 38-39 - "Radar - Things We Cannot Live Without" Pictures of the Top 7 AI5 Finalists with "stuff"

I also saw on T.V. that Ryan Seacrest is in People magazine's "Top 100 Most Beautiful People", which is out on newsstands today - haven't gotten the magazine yet, but I assume Clay is not in it 

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #470 on: April 30, 2006, 12:50:46 PM »

I finallly had time to read a couple of magazines:

STAR - 5/8/06
Page 29 "Who's News" The Magazine picked up the Poll from the Boston Phoenix about the "Top 100 Unsexist Men". Article mentions that Clay is #59  No Picture.
Pages 60 & 61 - 2-Page article about Taylor Hicks - sorry, Taylor fans - it is not a good article - talks about a college drug arrest. If you keep reading, though, you find that the charges were dropped.

In Touch 5/8/06 NO CLAY
Page 6 - Full-page picture of Simon Cowell and Terri Seymour
Page 8 - 1/2 page picture of Ryan Seacrest & 2 Models
Pages 68 & 69 - 2-page article about Ryan Seacrest with several pictures.

People - Double Issue - May 8 and May 15, 2006 "100 Most Beautiful People" NO CLAY
Page 24 - "Scoop" Articles about Ryan Seacrest and Paula Abdul, Kellie Pickler, and katharine McPhee
In the "100 Most Beautiful People" Section -
Page 110  Ryan Seacrest (one of the worst pictures of Ryan ever)
Page 174 - Jimmy Kimmell!
Pages 205-208 Article about a 17 year old with Autism and his documentray about Autism - Articles about several people who live with Autism.

Can somebody please tell me how this person can be left off of any list of the world's most beautiful people?!?!?!?

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #471 on: May 03, 2006, 10:48:46 AM »

I just talked to Shirl/ClayObsessed, who had the time today to check out magazines:

Shirl subscribes to Rolling Stone - she called about the special 1000th Issue magazine - She called Rolling Stone and found out that it is the May 18, 2006 Issue, and should be on newsstands soon. Clay is on the cover - Clandy has posted the cover in today's ANN. I am so happy aobut this, because Rolling Stone only used 150 people from their covers, and Clay made the cut!!!  Purple Banana Shirl called Rolling Stone at 1-800-568-7655 to ask about this Issue, and while she had them on the phone, she asked about Clay articles and another Clay cover. The girl she talked to said that Shirl was the second person she had talked to lately about Clay, and that they had a form to fill out concerning requests for the magazine. So, if you would like to put in a good word or a request for Clay, use the number I just posted (Shirl said they give you lots of menus when you dial this number, but she just held on until she got to talk to a human!  Laughing )

Celebrity Living Weekly 4/17/06 - Page 25 - Article about celebrities and internet scandals - mentions Clay and the recent problems. Shirl said there is a good picture of Clay from the Emmys.

Jezebel - May 2006 - NO CLAY

US Weekly - 5/8/06 - NO CLAY
Page 68 Ryan Seacrest - voted "T.V.'s Hottest Host".

Caregiver Magazine March/April 2006 - NO CLAY

Rolling Stone 5/4/06 - NO CLAY

Cosmo Girl - May 2006 - NO CLAY

Pop Star - June 2006 - NO CLAY

Tiger Beat - June 2006 - NO CLAY   EDIT!!!!! - See post by Claygirl a little furthur down this page - Clay IS in this Issue!!!!  Purple Banana
Page 32 - Article & Picture - Kelly Clarkson

J-14 - May/ June 2006 - NO CLAY
Page 14 - Picture & Article - Kelly Clarkson & Simon
Page 68 - Articles and small pictures - AI5 Finalists

OK Magazine - 5/8/06 - NO CLAY
Page 31 - AI5 Article

Entertainment Weekly - 4/28/06 - NO CLAY

Lifestyle Magazine 5/8/06 - NO CLAY

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #472 on: May 04, 2006, 10:30:49 PM »

Newsweek Magazine 5/8/06 - NO CLAY

T.V. Guide May 8-14, 2006 - NO CLAY
Page 12 - "Idol Chat" Long Interview with Kellie Pickler and Article by T.V. Guide writer Shawna Malcom about having a female guest star - she suggests Mariah Carey.
Pages 14,15, and 16 - Back-home visits by Finalists Katharine McPhee, Taylor Hicks, Chris Daughtry, and Kellie Pickler (No Paris or Elliott! - Do You think that TVG thought they would both be gone by this time?!? )
Page 43 - "Is It Just Me" - column by Rochell D. thomas - Picture of Paris and Ace - article about Paris "Did you Secretly Hope Paris Wouyld Lose On Idol?" Article about how the writer thinks Paris will have a better career as an Idol loser, instead of what she would hav had to do if she had won - this writer may be right!  Laughing

If you have read Michael's announcement in Clay Daily, you will know that we may be moving to a new site, and that old threads will not be moved. If this happens, this thread and many others will be gone. Although not many people have participated in this thread as I hoped when I started it, I think a few people have enjoyed reading about what was and what was not in the magazines. If we do move, hope to see all of you there! 

EDIT - Lindsay  (wvclayfan) just brought a post by someone over at Clayversity over to the OCD - the post said that someone had bought a copy of the 5/18/06 Rolling Stone, and Clay is NOT on the cover. I was afraid of this - I saw a segment about the magazine on the CBS news last night - they showed a really good close-up, and I did not see Clay, but I was just hoping I had missed him.  The person said she had not read the magazine yet, so she did not know if there was a Clay mention inside.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #473 on: May 06, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »

Good Morning - just got a call from ClayObsessed...

NO CLAY IN:

Star 5/15/06
Entertainment Weekly 5/12/06
Life & Style 5/15/06
People 5/15/06
    Page 24 -  4' by 5" Picture of Kellie Pickler With Constantine Moralis ("just friends")
    Page 158 Paule Abdul - Article about her jewlry on QVC
    Page 162 Idol Worship Crossword Puzzle (no Clay clues)
In Touch 5/15/06
    Page 26 - Paula & Ryan article about their feud - says a Counselor called in by AI
    Page 78 Poll about American Idol  - does Paula make you want to stop watching Idol? 96% said No
O.K. Magazine - 5/15/06
    Pages 64-69 Many pictures and a long Interview of Carrie Underwood

ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »

FRANKIE,
I WANT TO THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REVIEW ALL THESE MAGAZINES& POSTING IT AS WELL--YOU ARE WONDERFUL & I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH Huggles

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #475 on: May 07, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »

You're welcome, Angela - glad to share my obsession with you!  lmao lmao lmao lmao

Please go to the ANN today and add the link to "In Style" magazines's annual poll to your favorites. Clay has won favorite Pop Star for the last 2 years, and he needs to win again! The Issue always comes out in August

Claygirl
SuperFan

Always have faith, and there will be a way.

« Reply #476 on: May 13, 2006, 11:23:47 AM »

Hey everybody! I found a mag Clay's in if anyone is interested! Tiger Beat's June's issue, page 37, there's a small, old pic of Clay, about what stars want backstage when they're touring, besides Clay, they talk about Alicia Keys, and 50 Cent, under the title, "Celebrity Cravings Revealed! What do the stars crave when they step offstage? Some pretty wacky items!" Under Clay's pic they say,"Clay Aiken likes to have four tables, five chairs, a fax line, a phone line and an Internet connection. He doesn't like nuts, mushrooms, coffee, mint, chocolate or shellfish." The first thing I thought when  I read this, was "Wow what a diva! The man wants a space to work, and doesn't want to eat the foods he's allegic too!" Yeah, that's pretty wacky!  Smile  ROFLMAO

Angel Baby Dust ~Kelly~ Baby Dust
Love! I love Clay Aiken! Music heartbeat claymaniacs rocks
Hearing Clay's voice, quiets the ones in my head. Wink
(Clay's biggest fan and David Cook "Word Nerd" #2894!) :heartburst
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #477 on: May 15, 2006, 01:21:25 PM »

wave Everybody - I finally got back on the new site - I've only been able to post on the temporary site for the last 2 days. Here are a few things (not a lot of Clay, but a little about him, and some things about Idol):  Thanks again to ClayObsessed For:

Teen People June/July 2006
Page 78 "Smack Down" Article about Mario Vasaquez, Josh Gracin, and Clay all having CD releases this summer - small picture of each.
Pages 34 & 36 - Candid photos of AI5 Top 12 Finalists
Page 60 "Teen People's Hottest Under 25 - "Hot Idol" - Carrie Underwood
Page 70 "Hot Future Legend" - Kelly Clarkson

Entertainment Weekly 5/19/06 - Kathy Griffin article - states that she loves Clay even though she makes jokes about him.

US Weekly 5/15/06 - NO CLAY
US Weekly 5/22/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 44 - Carrie Underwood graduated Magna Cum Laude from NE State University in Oklahoma

OK Magazine 5/22/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 30 - "Ow to Wow" - Ryan Seacrest - 4 Pictures
   Page 31 - Kelly - Clarkson - Ford Sponsoring her new Tour - Picture of Kelly - her new CD will be released after Tour

STAR - 5/22/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 31 - Kellie Pickler - picture of reunion with her Father

In Touch 5/22/06
   Page 26 - Ace young - offered $100,000 to appear in Playgirl magazine - cannot consider any offers until after Idol Tour

Life & Style magazine - 5/22/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 21 - Picture of Kellie Pickler with Constantine Moralis - rumour that FOX is also building a sitcom around Kellie as they are for Constantine.

People 5/22/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 22 - Katharine McPhee - article about Simon's critisism of her
   Page 114 - Picture of Fantasia, her Mom, and her Daughter for Mothers' Day

Rolling Stone 5/18/06 - 6/1/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 42 - Interesting article about the FCC targeting radio giants - states that this may cause radio to add fewer new songs to playlists - said that Top 40 radio had added 16% fewer songs the first quarter of this year than first quarter of last year.
   Page 44 - Article about digital music - said CD sales are in "Free Fall"

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2006, 06:47:36 AM »

I had time to check a few magazines last night:

T.V. Guide May 15-21, 2006  - NO CLAY
   Page 10- "Idol Chat" - Articles about Paris Bennett, Ace Young, and Chris Daughtry. Column stated that there will be a cover story about Idol next week.

Newsweek - 5/15/06 - NO CLAY
   Page 77 - "Newsmakers" - Paragraph and picture of Paris Bennett

Y'all Magazine - May/June 206 - NO CLAY
   Vintage picture of Elvis on the Cover - This issue featured musicians from Mississippi "Mississippi Music Masters". Maybe someday they will feature North Carolina! 

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2006, 04:32:42 PM »

Shirl (ClayObsessed) just called - she just got in from the store where she saw:

BOP - June/July  2006 - NO CLAY

M Magazine - June 2006 - NO CLAY
   Page 16 - Kelly Clarkson picture and article about her weight
   Page 36 - a Poll about who Kelly should date

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 64 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx