gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:16:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 374
Total: 374

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ACCORDING TO CLAY - CLAY QUOTES  (Read 2933 times)
grammaof6
SuperFan

« on: June 02, 2004, 05:18:12 PM »

Below are things that Clay has been heard to say.  

On his goals:
"In this arena, I don’t set goals because it’s part of my realist nature. But there are things I want to do. I always wanted to sing on the Macy’s Thanksgiving parade and I’m doing it! I want to have a second album."

On being able to sing:
"I don’t think I’m the best singer ever. I don’t think I’m better than all 32 of those people who sang. I still don’t.  Kim Locke is going to do well. She’s already been signed to Curb Records and she has an album coming out I think the same day as Ruben’s. Her first single is better than mine."

On cats:
"Actually, I don’t hate cats, I’m just kind of afraid of them."

On "Bullying"
"I don’t think I gave anybody a reason to bully me. The thing about bullies is if you show them that you’re intimidated and you’re upset by them, they’re gonna keep doing it. I’d be, “Forget you, then” and walk away. I don’t let things get under my skin as much as some people do."

On kids with disabilities:
"...kids without disabilities learn a lot from kids with disabilities. There are so many things that are so much bigger than what to wear that day. I don’t feel sorry for children with disabilities. I feel excited for them for the opportunities that they do have."

On being a role model:
"You can be a good one or a bad one. I got to this point and it’s a high profile job and on top of that, there are the rigors and pressures of being in the public eye all the time. And my absolute priority, more than having a good song, is to set a good example. I accept it as a responsibility."

On living in Los Angeles:
"The traffic is horrible. The people can be kinda nuts. The food has avocado on it everywhere you go. I don’t dislike L.A. The weather is nice, but it’s always the same. I love seasons. I like snow. I like the leaves to change color. If I lived in Raleigh I’d get all of that in the same yard."

"I'm not going to unpack, I'm just going to live out of my suitcase. I don't want to get too used to being here."  

On close female friends:
"You don’t have to be either dating or not friends. There can be a middle ground and that’s what a platonic relationship is. I think platonic relationships can be closer than dating relationships sometimes. Dating relationships end and platonic relationships are going to be there no matter what."

American Idol:  

On  biggest lesson he learned from the Americal Idol experience:
"Perseverance. I got cut twice. I got cut in Charlotte. I didn’t have to go to Atlanta to audition. I could have said, “I’m not cut out for this.” But I said, “I think I’m better than that, I can go try again.” So I went to Atlanta and I made it through. Then I got cut the first time around. I could have told them I didn’t want to come back for the Wild Card show but I did and look how far I got."

"I didn't get cut tonight; I just didn't win."  (You've won my heart)

Clay's on his definition of an Americal Idol:
"American celebrities have an amazing amount of influence on the way America thinks, feels, and acts. I think that such an influence should be used in the most positive way possible."  

And:  "Someone with a talent that leaves a mark on American society and inspires people to think, feel, love, act."

"After I sang 'Somewhere Out There,' Simon said, 'You're the one to beat.' Getting a compliment from Simon is like getting water out of a rock."  

"We're extremely happy, cuz America didn't go with the image thing so much this year."

"I think Ruben and I will always be linked together in everyone's minds. I think we're a pair now."

"I don't take Simon too seriously either."

About biggest challenge: "Getting used to [my new contact lenses].  I'm sure I was looking at Randy once when Paula was talking."

"I think Ruben and I will always be linked together in everyone's minds. I think we're a pair now."

On his fame and lack of privacy:
"There are many days where I’m willing to do it, to trade places with my friends who are teaching back in North Carolina. There are days where I’m ready to give it up."

"I never knew that people made a club for me!"

"I left Raleigh six months ago, and nobody knew who I was.  It's very hard to get used to."

"I don't understand why people like me! It doesn't make any sense!"

"I'm really not that special. Really, I'm not. I was on a big TV show, but it was just a TV show."

"Of the dreams that I didn't dream, this is definitely a dream come true."

On the pressures of being in the public eye:  
 "...as long as you're living right, then you don't have to worry about what people see."

"It's not the money. It's not the fame. It's the influence."

"The greatest glory never comes from falling, but from rising each time you fall."  

"It's important that I make a difference in some way. It's not necessarily how I make a difference, but I want to make sure that I do."  

On his makeover:
"I'm not different.  I'm not different at all. The wrapping is different but the gift is still the same  

"I think there's a difference between appearance and image. An image is not how you look. It's what you do. It's what you portray. Your personality, the example you set, and that's huge for me."  

"I've always looked like this what are you talking about?"  
(Love his wicked sense of humor)

"It's a whole team of people working 24 hours around the clock to make me look like this."  

"I know that I've got big ears and a big forehead and that my hair sticks up, but I'm happy with myself. I'm not necessarily trying to win a beauty pageant here."

"I enjoy singing and that's what I'm here to do. I know I'm not a model; I'm not going to be. I'm not the best lookin' person here, and that's fine. That's not what it's about to me."

"I'm  six foot one...".  "When you stand beside Ruben, you look short."

"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..."

"I just stand there and let them dress me. Whatever happens, happens!"

On MOAM:
"It's a pop-flavored album. I think there's a lot of people out there who may not be the best influence for kids. I wouldn't want my kids listening to some of the stuff out there. None of the stuff on the album is like that."    

From 'Rolling Stone' Magazine:

"I'm really not that special. Really, I'm not. It was just a T.V show.

Album photo shoot:

"I think I've broken three cameras today."

"I'm tired and I don't know what day it is."

On Ryan Seacrest - ON LIVE:
I just stand there and let them dress me. Whatever happens, happens.

On his Faith:  
I'm religious. I think this is something God had planned for me."  

"What comes out of this is what God wants to happen."

On the future:
 "It's important that I make a difference in some way. If it's performing and touching someone that way, that's great; if it's being a teacher and helping some kid understand something, that's even better..."

"One of the first things I'm gonna do is set up a foundation.  Since I'm not going to be teaching for a while, I'd still like to stay connected and use this platform to bring attention to autism awareness and to individuals with disabilities."

Odds & Ends:
"Because I'm from North Carolina, you think I'm the Andy Griffith show, or something?"  

To 'The Jaded Journalist':  "Is this interview prepared at all,  or it is fly by the seat of your pants?"  

"Can I be the next bachelor?"  "I never thought I'd be an object of affection. That's the biggest surprise of the whole experience!"

In an interview with Disc Jockey "Java Joel":  Joel teasingly sang a bar of 'Unchained Melody',  trying to get Clay to sing with him...which Clay didn't do.  Afterwards, Joel asked Clay,"What is your favorite song to sing?" Clay replied, "Well, it was 'Unchained Melody until you sang it!"
outthereforclay
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 06:02:18 PM »

Thanks, gramma, for that collection..and I couldn't help but pick this one out, given all the hoopla recently over a certain picture. Whatever way anyone wants to receive that picture: it's a fake, it's real...whatever! it really doesn't matter...the man is the man he is...and THAT man is a blessing to us all!

"...as long as you're living right, then you don't have to worry about what people see."

and in the same vein, I offer one of my favorite Clay quotes to add to the list. He said this with some of his AI2 colleagues during the tour last summer as they were reading some unfavorable critic reviews of the previous night's concert.

"Here's to not caring!" Wink:
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 06:54:09 PM »

What a guy!! he's charming, articulate, witty all in one beautiful package!!!  I love the getting used to new contacts story... he was looking at Randy while Paula was talking, very funny!!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 10:12:14 PM »

Grammaof6,

What a wonderful idea!  These quotes are great!  There are others that I like, too, but I'm going to have to look them up or re-listen to some tapes.

One that I think I remember correctly occurred on the Clay/Kelly tour when Clay was trying to get Kelly to eat NC barbeque and she had a funny look on her face.

Clay:  "That's good stuff, ain't it!"

ELLE Magazine, October, 2003, "Aching for Aiken" by Alliison Glock

Clay:   "I think I'm probably not as innocent as I seem."

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
caromiller
Enthusiastic

Clay's Official Christmas Elf (he said so!)

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 12:01:49 PM »

Thanks, Gramma, for the quotes.

I can do all things through he who strengthens me
moneyhoney4clay
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 12:52:11 AM »

Wow, how did you get so many quotes? Wink:

Loved to read them gramma & makes me see how deep the guy is!
STEPHANIE1130
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 09:56:16 PM »

I enjoyed reading those!Thanks!
wil555
SuperFan

I'm the 17 year old guy

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 01:11:42 PM »

"I don't understand why people like me! It doesn't make any sense!"

Modesy kicks butt.  :D

-Greg...Clayguy-
Are YOU Claying it forward?
828 - Greg+Clay=LOVE
reeree
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 06:50:18 PM »

gramma, we just love you!!!!!! you think of the best ideas on topics, you got you a real collectors item there , i love quotes and little phrases people come up with... my signature is a quote from someone famous , i'm just borrowing it for now, you know forest gump even had a quote "life is like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get " . i could go on all day and night , it's the little things in life that mean and excite me the most..... keep'um coming !!!!!   maria
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2004, 09:47:46 AM »

Great quotes!  His sense of humor kills me.  He really cracked me up in Salt Lake City with the cell phone bit.  We were making so much noise, screaming like idiots.  The look on his face was priceless when he paused and said, "Excuse me.  Do I talk when you're on the phone???"

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

heater
Enthusiastic

♥ Two happy bubbles are better than one! ♥

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2004, 04:57:48 PM »

Quote from: grammaof6

On his makeover:
"I'm not different.  I'm not different at all. The wrapping is different but the gift is still the same"

I love this one!  I had never seen that one before...that's kind of shocking, I hardly miss any show or magazine OMC is on or in!   Thanks Gramma for posting all the great quotes!

DoubleBubbleHockeyfan
Cellcert Groupie
~Tacet Twin #1 - The Mouthpiece~
Summer_Sunshine
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2004, 03:53:55 PM »

One that I think I remember correctly occurred on the Clay/Kelly tour when Clay was trying to get Kelly to eat NC barbeque and she had a funny look on her face.

What is NC barbecue exactly?? what kinda food do they eat??
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx