gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE RAMBLING STREAM (OF CONSCIOUSNESS)  (Read 83731 times)
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2004, 01:42:26 PM »

Sitting here reading all your posts,When i was in my teens i could not wait til i was older,my whole like has been a rollacoaster ride but I do not think I would change a thing even if I could,I have had more trials than most and thank God for them everyday,they have made me a kind person with compassion for others ,I used to be very pretty time has a way of catching up with all of us sooner or later,now I have a pretty soulmaybe not from the outside but I am  comfortable with the person I am at this point in my life.If I can help someone that is what I am here for. I take one day at a time,we do not know if we have tommorrow nobody made us any promises,clay has made a difference when i am with him i feel young again nothing wrong with that,I do not think I would want to go back through the hard times again, they are hard enough now.But I thank GOD for every moment he has given to me.I thank God for my Children my friends the funny parts of my life and even the sad  and all of my freinds here ILOVE YOU. Glory(note)

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 09:51:20 AM »

Glory, that was a nice love letter to yourself and to us.  Thank you sweetie!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »

Volunteerism.

Quote from: Clay Aiken
Service, and the learning that goes with it, fosters citizenship, knowledge, and personal development in everyone, young and old, disabled and able-bodied.US NEWSWIRE

Mr. Aiken is correct.  Last weekend I volunteered with the NC Special Olympics.  What an incredible experience!  I’ve always volunteered for different things that interested me – SPCA, local public library book sales, Heart Association, Kidney Foundation.  But this, spending time with these special athletes from across the state, was something much more rewarding than anything I’ve ever been involved with.  It’s very humbling, very meaningful and very FUN!  

There was James, who introduced himself and proceeded to tell me his age, his favorite foods, the races in which he was competing, and … his marital status.  “Are you married?” was actually his first question.  Laughing:   He won first place.  In his race, and in my heart.  

Then there was Hannah.  Hannah was probably eight or nine years old.  She loved to ‘scare’ people.  ‘BOO!’ she would cry out, to her coach, the other volunteers, the other athletes, the people on the other side of the track…you had to pretend to be frightened, just so you could be rewarded with the uproarious shrieks of delight and squeals of joy she emitted when you did.  

Martha was shy.  She was so shy and withdrawn, while sitting and waiting for her race she would only alternate looking from her shoes to the ground…her shoes…the ground.  But when she got up to race, her face came alive and was filled with determination and spirit.  

The special athletes are not just kids; they are young, old, black, white, Hispanic, Asian.  They all have varying degrees of mental retardation and other conditions.  As a volunteer, I had to attend a training session, during which we learned not to say things such as ‘confined’ to a wheelchair, or ‘suffers from’ mental retardation; to call the participants ‘athletes’ and not ‘kids;’ to not speak loudly when conversing with the participants.  I confess to thinking it a bit silly at the time, but was grateful for the training after the fact.

I learned a lot about the organization – for example, the North Carolina Special Olympics organization is the largest in North America and the fifth largest in the world.  I learned a lot about myself – not having kids of my own, it filled up my heart to be around these kids and adults, and I learned a lot about them – that some of the biggest smiles you will ever see will be on the face of a Special Olympian.

I highly recommend the experience to anyone looking to make a difference in yourself, as well as someone else.
cjrmax
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 10:44:33 AM »

Pamela - After experiencing something like that don't you get a real reality check?  We tend to live in a cyber world here sometimes.  Many of us take all this too seriously.  We jump down anyone's throat who dares to criticize Clay.  We live in delusional worlds of a cyber life that has nothing to do with reality - and then get all hurt and insulted when someone dares to remind us that the cyber world is NOT the real world!  I know I am guilty of letting things in this Clay world we sometimes (ok, often times) live in get out of hand.  I then find I must step back and take a reality check.  Maybe that is how Clay keeps his very unreal life real.  By being so involved in his causes, by keeping the very real world always in his line of sight, he can stay real.  Maybe we should all make a concerted effort to do something - volunteer, help a neighbor, even just open our eyes to the people around us in the non-Clay world - so that we too can make sure we have a firm grasp on reality.  Some need a reality check more than others, but in all honesty, I have a feeling from time to time we could all use one!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 11:53:31 AM »

Pamela I work with people with Devoplmental disabities,there is no feeling in this world to teach someone something for the first time.no matter how big or small even if it just a word that is a word that was never spoken before.I have been to several Special Olympics and i was almost as joyous as they were upon winning a metal.or even just a mention.Sometimes we take things for granted but after seeing all joy it is so contagious.I am thankful everyday for my healthly children and having the ability to help people who need me.  Glory(NOTE)

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 04:39:02 PM »

Many years ago when I was in Nurse's Training, one of the first clinical rotations I did was in Pediatrics.  We did our clinical rotations at one of the largest hospitals in Maine.  The place was big and a little overwhelming to all of us new students. Well, my VERY FIRST assignment was to a 10 year old boy with Autism who had "self-harm" tendencies.  I was smart enough to realize that I had been assigned to him because that gave him a "one-on-one" care person (and protection) for the day.  I was to never leave him alone.  I was even instructed to go to X-ray with him and "hold" him so he could have his X-ray done.  (I had to wear one of those huge "lead aprons!!)  Some of  my fellow students were quite happy that I was the one with "That Assignment" !!!  I loved it!!!  He was great!!!  He didn't communicate in any "normal" way, but I got a couple of really affectionate hugs at the end of my shift.  Funny what you remember after all these years!!!  
Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
houstonclayfan
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 05:16:28 PM »

Pamela, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us !  And thank you, Christie, for reminding us that we all need a "reality check". I agree with you 100%.

My "reality check" comes from my high school kids. Its not the same as volunteerism, of course, because I do get paid for my work, but my students are not the "ideal" ones and for this reason, many teachers refuse to work with them or "pawn them off" on me.  I am their last resort for a high school diploma. They have all been either expelled or "made not welcome" at every other school in our school district.
Trust me, they are a challenge, but I love each and every one of them like they are my own.

I have 10-12 kids per period and I have those same kids until they graduate (or pursue other options) so I deeply bond with them.

Believe me, they teach me almost as much as I teach them and they make me realize that I was very lucky to have family support while growing up. They have faced and overcome way too more challenges in their young lives. Let me share with you just a few of my kiddos (Pamela made me want to talk about them).

Amber is 16 yrs old but is a year behind in high school because she keeps moving. Basically, her mom doesnt pay the rent so she gets soon evicted from her home and is forced to leave school for periods of time, causing her to lose credit. She has younger brothers and sisters that she has to raise because her mom is a crack addict. My school provides her with food and all her personal toiletry items. You would never know her situation by looking at her. She socializes just like every other 16 yr old, and dresses as best as she can. She tries real hard in school, but she doesnt have a strong academic background because she has missed so much school throughout the years.

Joe is a 19 yr old, but hadnt attend school for 6 years before coming to me. His father kidnapped him from his family when he was in the 7th grade and took him to Russia. They travelled throughout Russia from place to place all of that time. Last summer, Joes dad decided that it was time that Joe go back to his mom and basically just took him back to the U.S. and dumped him off.  Joe worked really hard this year and completed 2 years of school in just one year (I teach an accelerated program and the kids can work as fast as they decide).

Heather and John, both age 17, are two more of my students. They are going to have a baby girl next month. With the help of my school, that child will at least have parents with a high school diploma.  

I try my best to give them advice about life and to raise their self-esteem so that they can think that they can do whatever they want to in life, but I know that they have it much harder than I do or that I ever did.

They make me thankful every day for the years that I had growing up and what I have today.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 05:59:11 PM »

Quote from: tessie
I am weary of the rumors, the speculations, the desire to find scandal, the intrusions into his private life.  I am weary of no airplay, of sexual questioning, of the rude behavior of TV talk show people and AI judges. I am weary of polls and voting, of hysterical reactions and rash judgements. I am weary of those who want him to fail and maybe even try to make it happen

===================
you are what any of us would call a dedicated fan. sometimes the dedication, if it's not instantly full-filled, tends to have people to grow restless and that's why i'm always stressing patience and staying supportive anytime i read posts that bring up the weary word. your last line sums it all up, though.

the jokes, the rumors, the half-truths, and the flat-out lies are done to test our patience. dreamed up by people who are WANTING us to grow tired of it all and simply move on to someone else.

sadly, some have displayed early on they don't have the stamina to withstand all that comes with being a Clay Aiken fan because they've bailed out on him at the slightest hint of controversy with their fickle attitude.

in my opinion, it takes more than just tapping your foot and saying "hmmm, it's got a good beat, i'll give it a 75" to be a fan of someone. we're goin' hoppin'! we're goin' hoppin' today! we're gonna drop in on all the music they play at the Bandstand!  

Quote from: tessie
I know that I can step back and just listen to the voice which fills me up and warms my heart. Perhaps that is what I will need to do.

==================
here's another example of the dedicated fan that you are, you've come to realize that despite the negatives to show-business, it's all about THAT VOICE and what he does with it!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2004, 01:30:42 PM »

What everyone has said, and especially that brilliant post by Pamela, is so true. It comes down to the voice. That golden throat! It wouldn't matter to me if he wore a bathrobe and dyed his hair blue with matching freckles, he would still have that magical voice that we all fell in love with. For some of us, it was sight unseen.

I am beyond the point of feeling it necessary to go to each and every concert.  I found that by putting away the demo CD's that I have for a couple of months and then plugging them in again, it's like hearing him for the first time, all over again. And that's where it's at for me.  Same thing with MOAM.  If I put it aside and listen to other things from the concerts for a few days, I love it all over again.  That is, the measure of this man. It's the voice. The incredible, soaring, soul touching, golden voice.  

(Not that I wouldn't like to see that bathrobe fly open, but hey!  :oops: ) I can dream can't I???? You're never too old to dream.  Or is that LUST?  shock:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2004, 09:01:15 PM »

Pamela, Houston, Glory, and Clay-Maine-iac,

I am impressed and humbled by your experiences  in working with disabled and/or disadvantaged people/children.  I was a teacher for 33 years and did not work with special needs children, but I do feel as you do that all children are deserving of respect and the chance to reach their full potential.  I always felt it was important that each child I encountered feel that he had value and was special to me.  

In my strings classes, instead of rushing around tuning the instruments quickly,  I always had each child come to me, and I would take a few minutes to tune the instrument.  While I did this, I had a brief time to interact with the child, maybe just to comment, "Wow, that's a beautiful necklace" or "We missed you while you were sick; you're so important to our orchestra" or "I saw that you won the Spelling Bee; congratulations;" just simple but encouraging comments.

Sometimes, on April Fool's Day,  I would have someone hide behind the back stage curtain with a rubberband.  I sat in front of the curtain to tune the instruments.  When someone came up, my co-conspirator would snap the rubberband, and I would pretend a string broke. Very quickly, I said "April Fool" so no one got upset.  Of course, that child wanted to watch the next child get tuned; and we couldn't keep it going very long; or everyone wanted to "pretend" their string got broken!!

At one time, I began to think that what I did was not important.   Of all  these children I started on strings, only a portion would stay with it and some would go on to be in the band.  One day, feeling particularly dejected, I went to a concert of the Youth Orchestra groups in  Fort Worth.  I was thrilled to see that in each orchestra from the youngest group to the oldest were children I had started out in strings.  I cried happy tears all the way home!

School can be so serious.  I wanted my students to learn, but to have fun while they did. After all, I wasn't teaching nuclear physics!  I was teaching beginning strings!  I always had a big program with costumes and speaking parts at the end of the year. One year, we did songs from the Wizard of Oz with all the characters. Another year we had a circus theme.  We all wore multicolored wigs and had polka dots on our face.  A teacher came in at one school to take the strings class's picture for the school yearbook and we were all in full clown "face."  She said she would come back next week. One time we played "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," and I actually had dancing raisins in costumes, dance down the aisles from the back of the auditoriums!  Ah, fond memories!  And we always played on the school Christmas Programs.  In my latter years, the Christmas Program became the Winter Program, and I had to almost "fight" to include "Silent Night" on the string programs!  Not appropriate any more!

Again, I've "rambled" from the original topic.  I want to reiterate how impressed I am with those of you who make a child or adult's life "shine" a little more!  You truly "get it" and understand what's important!

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
tessie
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2004, 09:13:43 PM »

Nothing profound in this ramble, just a ramble.

Now that American Idol is over for the season, I will have to confess that I enjoyed season three.  I think that I just like the show.  I did not find AI until late in season one.  I tuned in the week that Tamayra was voted off. I did not know anything about the show or the contestants or the judges.  I was surprised at the way the judges, mainly Simon, treated Nikki.  With no time invested in watching, it made no difference to me who won.

Season two, was for me, Clay's season.  I liked him from the beginning.  I was devastated when he was voted off, elated when they brought him back, and solidly behind him the whole way.  It did not end the way I would have liked.  I was afraid that by not winning, we, his fans would not see any more of this young man who had come into our homes each week with his amazing voice and special talent.  I was thrilled and delighted when I realized that other people liked him too, and that he would have a chance at a career, and that would mean that we had not seen the last of him.

And then came season three.  I heard people say that the show was no good, they hated the judges, that now that Clay was gone it would be awful, etc.  I never felt that way.  I always saw AI as just a TV reality show in which the characters change each season.  I love to see how the young people develop over the course of the season.  I love to watch the changes they make both in their appearnce and in their style.  I love to see them try to adjust to the different styles of music.  

It is interesting to see the judge's reactions, to hear their criticisms and see if I agree with them.  Some of the guest judges in season three were great and so much fun to watch.  Seeing so many people enjoying the show is also fun for me.  Movie stars with their children, music icons, TV people, and we the regular people are all caught up in the drama of this show.

There are times when the show makes us mad.  There are times when we think the wrong contestant got voted off, and there are things that happen that we don't like.  But that is the way of reality TV.

I don't think the contestants of season three were as good as those in season two, but again that is the way of talent shows.  I do enjoy the show.  I tune in faithfully each week.  Sometimes I even vote if there is someone I feel strongly about.  Will I watch season four?  Absolutely.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2004, 09:41:23 PM »

Birthdays and Radio Play.

I spent my birthday driving an hour to attend a cat funeral.  I'm such a party animal, no?  Unfortunately, I left my CD case at home, so I was forced to listen to the radio.  After one verse of 'Yeah!' I switched to my local rock station.  I now know that in this market anyway, Hoobastank is being played on Top 40, Hot AC and Rock stations, as well as Evanescence, Three Doors Down and some other people whose names I don't know. Clay could do this with the right material, and I hope he does. I am now happily reacquainted with my rocknroll past, and I decided that for my birthday, I'd like for Clay to have at least four rockers on his next non-holiday CD. I don't want a MOAM II, I want a CHA I. 'Yeah!'

The point of this ramble is that I had pretty much given up on radio play for MoaM.  But now I'm impassioned about it again. Let's face it, there's a lot of crap being playing on the radio right now.  I demand a choice.  I don't know if there will be another single released, but if there is I think it should be one of the uptempo songs.  Perfect Day or Touch would work well as a 'summer' song.  Perfect Day - visualize - driving down the road with the windows down...sunglasses on...wind blowing through your hair....'it's gonna be a perfect daaaaaaaaaaaay!'

Perfect Day

I was fading last night, lost out in the cold
Couldn’t see the light then she opened up the door
I came in from the dark, fell into her arms just in time
And now I know that I
have left the past behind, won’t let it go

[Chorus]
You could tell me tonight
That maybe the world would end
That the sun wouldn’t rise
And it was gonna rain again
Just as long as she’s in my arms
It’s gonna be a perfect day

There’s a look in her eyes, it makes me feel alright
It lights the perfect sky, that I couldn’t see before,
That she helped me to find, now that I’ve seen the shine,
I know that I’ll never be alone

Cause now I know that I have love I can’t deny, won’t let it go

[Chorus]

I think I lost you in another life, a part of me that I left behind
I won’t go on without you
And now I know that I have put the past behind, I let it go

[Chorus]

Its gonna be a perfect day

That's a perfect summer song just waiting to be sung!

I know Clay said he wouldn't sing Touch so the chances of it being released as a single are slim to none.  But really, it's just another love song.  It's Mr P's favorite song on the CD and it's a happy song with a catchy hook.  It would make a great video and it's a song that would work well as a live performance on TV or in concert.  

Touch

Blue, is the ocean in your eyes,
Blue as cool September skies, as a lonely waterfall.
Red, is the fire in your heart,
for the passion and love that we make as the sunset is fading away.

Angel, heaven starts here tonight in your arms,
wanna drown in your body get lost in your charms.
Now that you're here, angel don't go, lets keep the moves nice and slow

All I want is your touch, all I want is your heaven right here by my side, every night.
All I want is your touch, all I want is your tenderness here in my life, every morning and night.
Girl cause your touch is so right

Yes, I've been thinking about you.
I've imagined the feel of your body and how it will be when we move.

Darling, magic's alive tonight in your arms
Want to drown in this moment, get lost in your charms.
Now that you're here, don't move too fast lets make the moment last.

All I want is your touch, all I want is your heaven right here by my side, every night.
All I want is your touch, all I want is your tenderness here in my life, every morning and night.

I don't want nobody else and you see that my body is aching,
I'm hopelessly taken by you.

your touch is so right
your touch is so right.

If he doesn't want to sing the 'love that we make as the sunset is fading away' line, he could just change it like he did with the 'I'll be damned' line in ISY.  He could say 'love that we feel as the sunset is fading away.'
Wouldn't bother me at all.  Clay has the ability to express the heart of a song, and for me, Touch is a joyous song about the physical expression of love.  

If however, TPTB decide not to release another single, I hope Clay does decide to sing Shine, Touch and Perfect Day at his summer concerts anyway.  I realize there will be some covers (I'm hoping for the full version of Fields of Gold and more James Taylor covers) but it would be more special to hear him sing his own songs rather than additional covers.  

The point of this ramble is that while I lovelovelove the acoustic portion of the concerts, it is very exciting to see Clay rock out such as he does during Perfect Day.  He could perform Shine and Touch with a rock flavor as well if the arrangements are right.  He could do it.  He might even enjoy it.   And if he's having fun, we're guaranteed to have fun!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 04:21:14 AM »

The point of this ramble is that while I lovelovelove the acoustic portion of the concerts, it is very exciting to see Clay rock out such as he does during Perfect Day. He could perform Shine and Touch with a rock flavor as well if the arrangements are right. He could do it. He might even enjoy it. And if he's having fun, we're guaranteed to have fun!
 RIGHT ON, Pamela!   I'm hoping that he finally got permission to do "When a Man Loves a Woman" and does that cover on his tour. WOW!

I know what you mean about a "Cha I" for his next non-holiday CD--I'm hoping for the same thing.  Love to hear OMC sing the ballads, but jimineez crickets, I want the world to see what this man is really made of---vocals are so capable of anything!

"Touch" rock-n-roll style WOW...Now that would be "Cha I"--yuo know me and  "Touch"! 8)

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2004, 05:41:21 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
I now know that in this market anyway, Hoobastank is being played on Top 40, Hot AC and Rock stations, as well as Evanescence, Three Doors Down and some other people whose names I don't know

===================
aren't those people you mentioned all bands or groups? Top-40 will never play a solo male artist unless they rap or sing about sex and drugs; Hot AC is simply a form of Top-40 that appeals to adults, that's why the "hot" is in front of AC and that's why Top-40 acts like those bands you mentioned plus the females who sing songs in Clay's style have success on both formats; Lastly, Rock stations...they'll never ever play a Clay Aiken song. When they prop up acts like Garbage, Creed, Nine Inch Nails, and a whole host of wacked-out groups, where would Clay fit in?

Regular AC, without the "hot" pre-fix, is the only format willing to accept and play his style and sound...he's on the AC chart at #23...he's not on any of the others that are airplay-driven and so that's why i think RCA is not going to mess with a good formula and let Clay record songs they feel won't fit his image. It doesn't matter if Clay can sing a lot of styles, in RCA's mind, you go where the money is for Clay and as of now it's with the light rock/AC style and from a sheer commercial point of view, RCA would be nuts to try and cast Clay in a different image...they'll stick to what's safe and what's been proven as profitable...mark my words!  

...I'd like for Clay to have at least four rockers on his next non-holiday CD. I don't want a MOAM II

====================
well, since TPTB control most of it all they'll look and see what his strengths are like i said above and not mess with the formula.

i'm sure if Clay got word that a majority of his fans love it when he's a "rocker" and singing high-energy songs {with the exception of "Touch" since he won't perform the song} then that's what he'll do.

I don't know if there will be another MOAM single released, but if there is I think it should be one of the uptempo songs

===================
"Perfect Day" or the WYSYLM song are the only two songs that in my opinion would have a chance at becoming singles.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2004, 05:59:08 PM »

but it would be more special to hear him sing his own songs rather than additional covers.

Pamela, I was very happy to read your post regarding the hopeful summer tour songs and your revived interest in promoting MOAM songs to the radio again.  I've been waiting since the October release of MOAM to hear Clay sing SHINE and TOUCH in person.  

I too long for Clay to perform in rock genre.  I know his fandom spans many generations, and that is seems his record label is confused as to what hole to squeeze him into........ie. The Way / Solitaire debacle!  BUT, IMO, this man can rock the socks off an auidence.  I am about to reveal what is probably going to be an unpopular preference.......I'm just not into the Solitaire song....much rather prefer Invisible, Perfect Day, Touch, and Shine!  Once again, IMO, these songs are so much more marketable to radio airplay and seem more conducive to a 25-year-young modern day hot singer.  Good, clean, honest to goodness rock with so many creative video possibilities that would hopefully catch the eye of VH1 and MTV.  

Clay has the ability to express the heart of a song,

I'll second that!

He could perform Shine and Touch with a rock flavor as well if the arrangements are right. He could do it. He might even enjoy it. And if he's having fun, we're guaranteed to have fun!

Makes me wonder what Clay would really enjoy singing for his auidence.  Hope he gets his way. :)

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
houstonclayfan
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2004, 06:05:18 PM »

I am about to reveal what is probably going to be an unpopular preference.......I'm just not into the Solitaire song....much rather prefer Invisible, Perfect Day, Touch, and Shine!

Thank you, Jill !!!!!   I am so relieved that I am not alone.  I do LIKE Solitaire, but its BY FAR not my favorite. I listen to it maybe once a week  :?  Perfect Day has always been my favorite.  I would LOVE to hear it or Shine on the radio. My husband, who likes Clays voice but isnt obsessed like the rest of us, likes Shine the best. I would love to hear it in concert !

I think Shine or Perfect Day should be released to radio.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2004, 06:46:29 PM »

:arrow: i LOVE "Solitaire" but i LIKE "Touch" and the other up-tempo songs.

:?: who are the fans that wanted "Solitaire" as a single? they are the ones who downloaded the song so much that it hit #4 pop...causing RCA to switch from "The Way" to "Solitaire" in a week's time. if nobody likes the song well enough to want to hear it on the radio or try to get it on the radio, why all the effort these past few months buying it and requesting it if nobody liked it that well anyway? now that it's on the charts is when the requests really come into play. they made the first move by adding it to their playlists and it's up to all of us to keep the song on the charts.

if requests for a "hit" song are low or next to nothing, radio programmers aren't gonna play the song that much.

i think everyone, including me, is caught up in an up-tempo mood because it's the summer time. but we still shouldn't lose sight of the top priority when Clay is on the charts: that priority is to keep him there.

after the song runs it's course {a decrease in airplay on AC radio} then if Clay/RCA wants another single from MOAM, it'll come out.

i'm probably wrong, so don't get mad, but it just sounds like everyone is wanting to jump ship or call it quits on "Solitaire" before the song has started to really fall on the chart...i'm as confused as RCA!!

the single had it's day at #1 in Sales. I don't think it would bounce back to #1 with the up-coming AI3 singles coming out. So, that chart doesn't bother me as much as the airplay-driven AC chart. "Solitaire" needs to crack the AC Top-20, which shouldn't be too hard since he's #23 this week, and whatever position he peaks at inside the Top-20 would be okay with me...Top-10 would be fabulous but it's a ballad so i won't press my luck. No whammies, no whammies, STOP! I just won a free trip to Siberia!! how about that??  

so, i'd like to know what all of you really, deep down want Clay to record...i'll go first.

i personally don't want him to become another version of Eminem or Usher. i don't have any desire to see Clay prancing around a music video with hardly no clothes on and have harlots all over him moaning and groaning simply because that's what MTV people love to see. i don't call that fun...i call it perverted...and deep down Clay will not do anything like that because it'll jeopardize another segment of his fan base that isn't interested in that kind of thing and therefore, Clay will always be on a high-wire balancing his music between the MTV crowd and the older crowd...too much pull one way or the other and Clay will fall off the high-wire and in today's music industry there won't be a net to save him.

sorry for being so pessimistic. i'm usually not so gloomy but the music industry with all of it's craziness will do that to people who study it!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
houstonclayfan
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »

who are the fans that wanted "Solitaire" as a single? they are the ones who downloaded the song so much that it hit #4 pop...causing RCA to switch from "The Way" to "Solitaire" in a week's time.

AC, I bought the single to support Clay and because I loved Solitaire on AI2.  The version of Solitaire on the single is different from the AI2 version. I just dont love the new version as much as I thought I would (ducks from tomatoes)

If nobody likes the song well enough to want to hear it on the radio or try to get it on the radio, why all the effort these past few months buying it and requesting it if nobody liked it that well anyway?

We like the album MOAM and we love Clay for being who he is - the whole person. We, meaning the passionate Clay fans  on the boards, do what we can to support him.  Sometimes this means voting in dumb polls and requesting songs that arent our favorite. I do LIKE Solitaire, but on my CLAY SCALE, its at the bottom. I prefer many of his other songs more.
I wish they stuck with The Way.

i think everyone, including me, is caught up in an up-tempo mood because it's the summer time. but we still shouldn't lose sight of the top priority when Clay is on the charts: that priority is to keep him there.

We are trying, AC.  I would try harder if a station by me had Solitaire on their playlist.

i'm probably wrong, so don't get mad, but it just sounds like everyone is wanting to jump ship or call it quits on "Solitaire" before the song has started to really fall on the chart...i'm as confused as RCA!!

I guess maybe it is a struggle to get airplay with a song like Solitaire so we are giving up  :?   Not nice, I know.

Clay will always be on a high-wire balancing his music between the MTV crowd and the older crowd...too much pull one way or the other and Clay will fall off the high-wire and in today's music industry there won't be a net to save him.

We just need to have faith that Clay will make the right decisions. He has a strong head on his shoulders, and has great people working for him. If he "fails" he still has a lot of other great things that he can fall back on - charity work, education.....   (ducks from tomatoes again).  Clay will be with us for a long time.
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2004, 07:24:05 PM »

Hey there AC!  I think my post may have been misinterpreted.  All I was expressing was my preference for SHINE, INVISIBLE and PERFECT DAY.  It's just MY PERSONAL preference.  The genre of music I choose to enjoy more than Solitaire.  I've not given up on any Clay song and never will.  As Colleen said, I've done many things to help promote his music, calling and e-mailing radio stations, buying his music and voting in many polls when I didn't feel like it and feel I've made an adequate effort to promote all of Clay's music.  I feel I've made a decent effort and will continue to do so.  I haven't jumped ship and never will.

i personally don't want him to become another version of Eminem or Usher. i don't have any desire to see Clay prancing around a music video with hardly no clothes on and have harlots all over him moaning and groaning simply because that's what MTV people love to see. i don't call that fun...i call it perverted...and deep down Clay will not do anything like that because it'll jeopardize another segment of his fan base that isn't interested in that kind of thing and therefore, Clay will always be on a high-wire balancing his music between the MTV crowd and the older crowd...too much pull one way or the other and Clay will fall off the high-wire and in today's music industry there won't be a net to save him.

I don't want that either!  YUCK!  I hope you didn't get that impression from my post that I wanted him to do any of that either!  

quynn wrote:  
I'm just not into the Solitaire song....much rather prefer Invisible, Perfect Day, Touch, and Shine! Once again, IMO, these songs are so much more marketable to radio airplay and seem more conducive to a 25-year-young modern day hot singer. Good, clean, honest to goodness rock with so many creative video possibilities that would hopefully catch the eye of VH1 and MTV.

I did say GOOD, CLEAN, HONEST TO GOODNESS rock.  That didn't mean stooping to become a bottom dweller!  Clay's genre of rock is what I would love to see....NOT EminEM or any of those others.  Do you see what I'm saying?  Rock sung with a beautiful voice and performed from the heart of the song, not the song being sung as a sideline to the theatrics of clothing removal or foul language or anything like that.  CLAY'S GENRE OF ROCK!  CLAY SINGING ROCK!  NOT Rock taking over Clay!

Just trying to convey that I prefer the up tempo, rocker Clay to the Solitarie Clay.  JUST MY PREFERENCE!  I know it's not everyone's.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2004, 09:13:59 PM »

It really does not matter to me what he sings it will be so special just to hear that amazing voice,that reaches to the heavens He has some demos that i just love, Whatever he chooses will be fine.Glory(NOTE)

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 55 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx