gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:55:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 355
Total: 355

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE RAMBLING STREAM (OF CONSCIOUSNESS)  (Read 83730 times)
tessie
« Reply #1060 on: February 22, 2005, 11:28:29 AM »

Just a ramble.....

Before last night, I could barely remember Bo Bice.  I have an extremely brief memory of seeing him somewhere in the audition rounds.  As soon as he began to sing last night, I said wow....this guy is fun to watch and gave a great performance.  I surprised myself.  Although the rocker image is ok with me, I am generally not a fan of long hair....sorry to anyone who adores long hair on males.

To my surprise, many people on many boards were taken with his performance as well.  He certainly seemed to be a favorite of the night if not THE favorite.

What is it about certain people that enables them to capture the attention of so many all at the same time?  Perhaps that was just a good night for him....a very good performance coming after some bland ones.....we will have to wait and see.  I just found it amazing that so many people felt the same way.

Who would have thought....the show tries to find another Clay Aiken for us and we enjoy the performance of a rocker!  That will teach them....fans may actually have opinions of their own!
cjrmax
« Reply #1061 on: February 22, 2005, 11:36:54 AM »

Who would have thought....the show tries to find another Clay Aiken for us and we enjoy the performance of a rocker! That will teach them....fans may actually have opinions of their own!

I don't think AI is trying to find another Clay Aiken for us.  I haven't seen any indication of that at all.  I do think, however, it is their dream to find another singer who gets the fan support Clay does, who can sell like Clay does, who can get the publicity that Clay does, who gets radio play like ..... Oh wait, the radio play thing would be Kelly!    But you get my point.  Whether that person comes in the form of a long-haired rocker (ok, I admit it - they're my type - or maybe its just memories of youth....), a smooth singing guy with really long dread locks, or even a pretty girl with a great voice, I don't think they care.  If they can find someone who can generate the excitement Clay did, and does, they will be happy campers.
claydevotee
« Reply #1062 on: February 22, 2005, 12:12:20 PM »

Since this is the Rambling Thread of Consciousness, I am going to post a rambling post.

I had a wonderful physical therapy session today.  In fact, my PT told me that I have progressed so well that she may release me 2 weeks earlier than originally planned.  As I was on the elliptical machine today, the lady next to me, who had had the same surgery 2 weeks after mine, was crying in pain as she tried to pedal slowly on the exercise bike"  I wanted so much to lean over her and tell her that out of this pain she is now experiencing she will discover strength inside of her that she never knew she had.  Just be patient, I wanted to tell her.  But instead, I just chickened out and said to her "Don't worry, it'll get better"....I hope she believed me.  

Hopefully I have emerged a little stronger and a little more willing to believe in myself as a result of this experience, even though  I have dealt with more than  my share of adversity most of my life.....I have always been told that out of adversity can come strength....Even though I'm sure most of you have experienced as much or even much more adversity in your lives as I will ever have, it took this experience of knee surgery to finally understand what people have been telling me for years.

OK, enough philosophizing....Now to the good stuff.  The Greek girl in me wants to love Constantine the Greek Rocker, but I found myself strongly attracted to Bo the Rocker instead....And Christie, I, too thought Mario put on a fabulous performance last night....
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1063 on: February 22, 2005, 01:53:52 PM »

I do think, however, it is their dream to find another singer who gets the fan support Clay does, who can sell like Clay does,
When there's nothing left, there's always hope!!!

who can get the publicity that Clay does, who gets radio play like ..... Oh wait, the radio play thing would be Kelly!
  Super Happy!!!

Dev-that is absolutely wonderful news!!!  You should be proud of yourself!!!  

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1064 on: February 22, 2005, 02:01:45 PM »

IT IS INTERESTING TO ME THAT BEFORE LAST NIGHT, PEOPLE WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW DULL AI IS AND NOW, WE CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT IT.  IT WAS FUN LAST NIGHT.  AND, BEING PARTIAL TO MEN ANYWAY, AHEM, I THINK THERE ARE A LOT OF REALLY GOOD GUY SINGERS.    I ALSO THINK IT IS INTERESTING THAT WE ARE ALL PARTIAL TO THE SAME ONES.  

I THINK WHAT WE ARE ALL NOTICING IS THE "ENTERTAINER" FACTOR.  I THINK THAT IS WHAT GRABBED US WITH CLAY AND I THINK THAT IS WHAT IS GRABBING US NOW.  I JUST WISH MARIO WOULD LOSE THE HAT.  IT IS DAMN ANNOYING TO ME.

THEA--

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
tessie
« Reply #1065 on: February 22, 2005, 02:05:47 PM »

Gwenn...

The hat is cute and so is he, but I wish he didn't remind me so much of Justin Guarini.

Do I ever agree with you?  I'll try to do better!

If Christie likes the long haired types, can I have Clay?
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1066 on: February 22, 2005, 02:10:07 PM »

NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE CLAY.  WHAT DOES CHRISTIE LIKING LONG HAIR HAVE TO DO WITH  YOU GETTING CLAY?

I DON'T LIKE HATS ON ANYONE.  MAYBE IT IS FROM FIGHTING WITH THE KIDS IN SCHOOL TO GET THEM OFF THAT BOTHERS ME.  AND I DO LIKE TO SEE HAIR.  NOW, HERE IS A THOUGHT.  MAYBE MARIO WEARS HATS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE HE HAS A HAIR ISSUE.  COUNTRY GUYS DO THAT.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Mary
Claymaniac

« Reply #1067 on: February 22, 2005, 02:47:43 PM »

The first time I heard Clay was during the audition process. I was dusting bookshelves and I dropped that dust cloth and stood in front of the TV speechless. I had to see who was singing. He was my favorite from that moment on. I never did another chore when AI was on.

I was blown away totally and completely.

Right now Anwar and Bo are my favorites.
tessie
« Reply #1068 on: February 22, 2005, 03:01:08 PM »

NO, YOU CANNOT HAVE CLAY. WHAT DOES CHRISTIE LIKING LONG HAIR HAVE TO DO WITH YOU GETTING CLAY?

I guess I was under the assumption that either Christie or I would get Clay.  If she preferred long hair, I assumed Clay was mine.

How can I be wrong so often?
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1069 on: February 22, 2005, 03:03:02 PM »

CAROL---

YOU KNOW I LOVE CHRISTIE TO DEATH, BUT ...........................

AND YOU STILL DON'T GET CLAY.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
tessie
« Reply #1070 on: February 22, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »

AND YOU STILL DON'T GET CLAY.

Figures!
claydevotee
« Reply #1071 on: February 22, 2005, 03:11:45 PM »

MAYBE MARIO WEARS HATS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE HE HAS A HAIR ISSUE. COUNTRY GUYS DO THAT.

GWENN

:hmm  Good observation about the "Country Guys",  Gwenn.  Hubby is very fond of hats for the same reason as the Country Guys....Men are as funny about their thinning hair as are women about sagging boobs...

But, as far as Mario goes, I doubt that Mario has a hair issue.... I think most likely he's trying to look like a male version of Brittney Spears (she frequently has been seen with different hats).  I have a feeling that if Simon makes a crack or two up the road about Mario's hats, he will stop wearing them.  Remember Jasmine and the flowers in her hair last year???
As soon as she started spiffing up her appearance, the flower in the hair disappeared.

As far as long-haired rockers go, I never cared for them as a teenager and single adult woman, but now Bo and Constantine have changed my mind......  

Thanks, Gwenn and Jayne for the cyber-hugs.  And everybody, forgive me for my frequent self-serving ramblings.  Cheaper than seeing the shrink, believe me.  I will donate to the "feel-good" fund in lieu of psychaitric fees to you, OK?
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1072 on: February 22, 2005, 04:18:33 PM »

Men are as funny about their thinning hair as are women about sagging boobs
 Super Happy!!!   struck my funny bone Dev, thanks!  My hubby is a fishhead by trade and he wore those fishing hats every day due to the sun...OH NOT NOW...hair is thinning and doesn't want to aid the processLOL

I  will donate to the "feel-good" fund in lieu of psychaitric fees to you, OK?
 Sure!  The bigger the FEEL GOOD FUND, the better the gift to OMC or on his behalf to some wonderful cause.  and you may have a    any time you need!

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1073 on: February 22, 2005, 05:45:11 PM »

Here's something funny that happened this morning. It was probably more a "had to be there" moment, but I'm sharing anyway because it cracked me up.  Use your imagination!

I was on my way to work, sitting at a stoplight.  I was just sittin there, listening to the radio, pimpin to the Stones - It's Only Rock and Roll. Wink

I turned and looked at the car next to me, on my right, and the guy in the drivers seat was obviously listening to the same station.  I said I was pimpin?  Excuse me, but no.  HE was pimpin!  Singing, fists pumpin, head banging, his face all scrunched up, he was channeling Mick Jagger baby!  

I couldn't help but watch him, he was really gettin into it.  Of course he saw me looking at him.  Oops.  At the exact time he caught me enjoying his personal 70s flashback, the song hit the point where Mick says "like it, like it, yes I do!"  and this guy, in his nice suit and shirt with the starched collar, starts singing to me, and pointing to me and so I picked up Mr P's lighter he left in the car and lit it and held it up so he could see it.  HEE!  (For all you young people, we used lighters at concerts instead of glow sticks in the "olden days.")  lmao

It was nice to go to work with a big smile on my face, even though it only lasted until about five minutes after I got there.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #1074 on: February 22, 2005, 07:49:28 PM »

Quote from: Pamela
I couldn't help but watch him, he was really gettin into it.  Of course he saw me looking at him.  Oops.  At the exact time he caught me enjoying his personal 70s flashback, the song hit the point where Mick says "like it, like it, yes I do!"  and this guy, in his nice suit and shirt with the starched collar, starts singing to me, and pointing to me and so I picked up Mr P's lighter he left in the car and lit it and held it up so he could see it.  HEE!  (For all you young people, we used lighters at concerts instead of glow sticks in the "olden days.")

lmao

Thanks for a much needed laugh today! That's awesome!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #1075 on: February 22, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

(For all you young people, we used lighters at concerts instead of glow sticks in the "olden days.")

I thought you just rubbed two sticks together and hoped for the best. Wink

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
outthereforclay
« Reply #1076 on: February 22, 2005, 09:34:59 PM »

Pamela! Laugh  Super Happy!!!  :skip  Big Hug!

That is going to be one of those stories that hits me again at some inappropriate time---like when I'm in a checkout line at the grocery store and some ancient woman in front of me can't find her checkbook and then can't find her pen and then drops her cane and then complains that her arthritis is making it really hard to write at all and then she decides she really doesn't want that bag of cookies after all and then....

you know?

Oh, lordy, lordy.....I can just see this happening....the lighter in the car scene, that is....

Thanks for the belly laugh!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1077 on: February 22, 2005, 09:46:46 PM »

The two sticks thing? Yeah, that was when I was a little bitty baby.  Shut up.  Wink

Flame
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #1078 on: February 23, 2005, 02:42:53 AM »

Pamela great story...best way to start the day with a chuckle....PIMP ON MAMA!!!

GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #1079 on: February 23, 2005, 04:40:04 AM »

AS I WAS GETTING DRESSED THIS MORNING, I GOT THIS IMAGE IN MY HEAD THAT JUST CRACKED ME UP.  IMAGINE THIS.  A DANCE CLASS IN A STUDIO.  TEACHER IN THE FRONT OF THE ROOM SURROUNDED BY MIRRORS.  A LINE OF STUDENTS.  BEYIONCE, MISSY, USHER, ALICIA ......................... AND CLAY. Laugh  Laugh  Laugh   WHAT AN IMAGE.  TO BE "INVISIBLE" IN THAT ROOM.

GWENN

KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx