gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 389
Total: 389

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 14  (Read 4311 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: May 14, 2004, 02:37:07 AM »

GOOD MORNIMG, EVERYONE!!!

TGIF!!!!!
[/i] :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2004, 02:38:54 AM »

The sales charts have been updated for this week.  

View charts here:

SALES CHARTS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2004, 02:41:53 AM »

ONLY 4 MORE DAYS FOR "THE WAY" ON TRL!!![/i]
LET'S KEEP CLAY'S VIDEO IN THE "NEWS"!!!  DO YOU THINK WE CAN
GET HIM TO NUMBER 1 BEFORE HIS RETIREMENT???  LET'S TRY!!!

VOTE FOR THE WAY ON TRL!
The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688). Follow the instructions. Key in 252 for "Clay Aiken" or 843 for "The Way" -- you may vote up to three times per phone line. Tip: It's much easier to get through during the first fifteen minutes.

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE . Vote online all day!

NOTE:  TRL is not showing their countdown again until next Monday.  "The Way" should retire next Thursday and Clay may make an appearance that day!!!  Let's all keep voting until then and see if we can retire THE WAY at number ONE!!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2004, 02:48:35 AM »

THIS ARTICLE ISN'T ABOUT CLAY---IT IS ABOUT HIS ROOMMATE!!!,( BUT THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED):

Idol 2' finalist Kimberley Locke's CD 'One World' debuts at #16 in U.S. charts

By Wade Paulsen, 05/13/2004

Looks like Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard weren't the only stars produced by American Idol 2.

Kimberley Locke, who finished third on Idol 2, finally released her debut Curb Records album, One Love, featuring her former #1 single '8th World Wonder' -- and she has the biggest hit from an Idol participant not named Kelly, Clay or Ruben. In its debut, One Love placed #16 on the Nielsen SoundScan U.S. Albums Sales chart (also known as the Billboard 200) for the week ended May 9, 2004.

With sales of 56,727 units, "K-Lo" outsold and outranked the debuts of both American Idol 3 reject William Hung (37,600, #34) and American Idol 1 runner-up Justin Guarini (54,000, #20). In addition, One Love outsold last week's debut of American Idol 3: Greatest Soul Classics, which sold about 1,400 less units, although it ranked at #10 in its debut. (Greatest Soul Classics dropped to #23 in its second week).

Kimberley signed to Curb Records shortly after Simon Fuller's 19 Management and RCA Records, which have the exclusive rights to sign Idol contestants for 90 days after the end of the season (and which signed Kelly, Clay, Ruben, Justin, Idol 1 fourth-place finisher Tamyra Gray, and Idol 1 sixth-place finisher Christina Christian but have since dropped Justin) opted not to sign her. Although Curb is primarily a country label, Kimberley's signing marked a new focus on popular music as well for the label -- a focus that so far seems to be working, as '8th World Wonder' remains a Top 20 song on Billboard's Adult Contemporary charts ... and still checks in at #3 on the Nielsen SoundScan U.S. Singles Sales chart in its 9th week of release.

In addition to her singing, Kimberley's body shape markedly improved between Idol 2 and now. It appears to us that Kimberley has bought in to the "total package" idea emphasized by Idol.

REALITYTVWORLD

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2004, 02:55:50 AM »

Disco Night’s Boogied On Down – Then Suffered The Consequences

It is getting to that time of the year again. As the final of American Idol approaches, all bets are off. With four contestants remaining the winner is not glaringly obvious; but our judges are doing their best to “guide” America. Disco Night gave us the familiar favored judgments that we have come to expect at this point in the competition. The question is, will America’s choice be the judge’s choice?

Donna Summer appeared as guest judge – by all reports, Paula was once a backing singer on one of Ms Summer’s tours. This Disco Queen, who gave us such hits as “Love To Love You Baby” and “Hot Stuff”, was wearing the years much better than other 56yr olds out there, regardless of some extra weight. I’m sure our remaining contestants could only hope to have as much musical longevity as this star sitting before them.(SNIP)

The Results Show:

Well done America! You have now sealed the fate of American Idol forever. No longer will anyone question the futility of this once promising format.

After that outburst of anger towards the devastating result of seeing LaToya London prematurely kicked off the show, I took time to calm down and examine what I had written – In truth, I saw it coming.

Tuesday night, I believe LaToya sealed her fate. Not because of her lack of talent. Not because of a poor performance. Not because she is unworthy of the title of American Idol. She received fewer votes because she is a consummate professional. She did not at anytime display crocodile tears to win votes (Jasmine’s tears were probably genuine; after all she is just a kid, but!) LaToya did not prance up and down in gleeful joy at positive comments from the judges, like Diana does. Nor did she respond to negative comments with attitude or as some have said, showed spunk! LaToya London just did her job, exceptionally well, and behaved in a calm, professional manner. Tuesday night, LaToya was just LaToya, no pretense, no playing to the camera, no nonsense. Obviously America wants something more than just an American Idol.

You could say that Simon was instrumental in her demise. Damning Jasmine to be kicked off this week, I’m sure invoked thousands upon thousands of anti-judge (Simon) votes. Add to that the “poor kid” syndrome in response to the tears, and we have a problem.

Maybe, I’m the only one who saw the talent in LaToya? But I know that is not true. So many people I’ve spoken to agree with me and no doubt will be as disappointed as I am that she is no longer in the running.

The results show gave us some ‘’good parts” before the final result. Like Donna Summer singing live, and the return of Clay Aiken (again) – and he’s the guy who lost? LaToya take note! I have to applaud Clay for disagreeing with Simon in relation to Latoya’s “we’re all winners” comment. Simon was wrong. Just look at Clay.

So America, you really think that Jasmine Trias has more talent, more vocal skills, more star-quality than Fantasia and especially LaToya? Well, I think after this season, I’m going to join the thousands who no longer rate American Idol as their top show. For those of you who disagree, and videotaped the results show, replay LaToya’s parting rendition of “Don’t Rain On My Parade”, and tell me again that LaToya deserved to be sent home. As LaToya sang us out, the look on Randy’s face, along with Paula’s tears as she took comfort on Randy's shoulder, said it all! In fact, that song should be LaToya’s anthem, because I am confident she will make it big. Like an elite few before her, LaToya only needed American Idol as a stepping-stone – I can’t wait for her first CD.

Next week? At this point, who really cares? Is it worth the frustration and the anguish? Obviously for the sympathy voters it will be. We have three performers left, and I mean “performers” as well as singers – Shakespeare would be proud. Who will draw America in this time? We’ll find out, right after the … weekend! Jones OUT!

Antony A Jones

ELITES TV

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2004, 03:00:58 AM »

A Pop TV Sensation Spawns Instant Superstars, Flared Tempers and Storms Galore

Premieres: May 16, 9 p.m
Encores: May 17, 12 a.m.; May 18, 9 p.m.
The catfights, the controversy, the stolen glances between Simon and Paula...

When American Idol premiered on Fox in 2002, audiences expecting the same old Star Search got a jolt. Instead of eager-to-please contestants, dutiful judges and instant-gratification results, Idol promoted mouthy divas, mouthier judges and more cliffhangers than a sudsy Aaron Spelling soap.

The show was a hit, and over the course of three seasons, it has become a phenomenon. In American Idol: The E! True Hollywood Story, premiering Sun., May 16, at 9 p.m., we recall the show's rapid, roiling, Ruben-and-Clay rise to the top.

What began as a glimmer in Simon Cowell's nasty eye--in the form of Britain's Pop Idol--grew into a star machine in Hollywood, with more than 20 million tuning in each week to watch unknowns like Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard and Clay Aiken perfect the chops that would make them chart-topping, platinum-selling singers.

Like all good melodramas, Idol hasn't skimped on the dysfunction: Cowell wasn't pretending to dislike fellow judge Paula Abdul; Elton John wasn't feigning outrage at Jennifer Hudson's ouster; you weren't imagining that Ryan Seacrest had a cohost in season one who went by the name Dunkleman.

Through it all, and likely because of it all, Idol remains TV's most watched show and an unmatched platform for launching new pop stars and the likes of, um, William Hung.

Let this True Hollywood Story help you--as Randy "Dawg" Jackson would put it--"feel" the high--and low--notes of the American Idol experience. In the meantime, test your Idol I.Q. with our quiz devoted to the show that made being "pitchy" a very bad thing indeed.

E ONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2004, 03:08:29 AM »

Second 'American Idol 3' vote stunner: LaToya London out, while three teens remain

By Wade Paulsen, 05/13/2004

Is this really American Idol 3 -- or is it really American Juniors 2?

In a second shocker, 24-year-old La Toya London, who was the odds-on favorite of both the judges and the betting public to win Idol 3, was instead ousted by vote of the American public after the May 11 "Disco Night" show. LaToya becomes the ninth of the 12 finalists to be voted off the show by the American public, and all three of the remaining contestants are teenaged women ... uh, girls ... uh, betwixt and between.

LaToya, who followed a dull performance of the BeeGees' "Love You Inside Out" with a very strong performance of Thelma Houston's "Don't Leave Me This Way" that earned rave reviews, was joined in the bottom two vote-getters by 19-year-old Fantasia Barrino, the judges' and bettors' second choice, who delivered a great rendition of Amii Stewart's "Knock on Wood" but then misfired on Bonnie Tyler's non-disco "Holding Out for a Hero" from the movie Footloose.(SNIP)

Despite her ouster, LaToya continued to smile throughout the announcements, and she performed "Don't Rain on My Parade" as a farewell song. Also appearing on the May 12 results show were Donna Summer, who sang her hits "Last Dance" and "MacArthur Park," and Idol 2 runner-up (and multi-platinum artist) Clay Aiken, who sang Earth, Wind & Fire's 1977 hit "Fantasy."(SNIP)

n the wake of Jasmine's unexpected survival and John Stevens's similar survival earlier in the season, some fans of American Idol have begun advocating for a Jasmine victory, in hopes of forcing changes in the show's voting procedures. We note merely that, while Idol 3 seems to be duplicating the skewed audience voting of Idol 1, in which favorite Tamyra Gray placed fourth while the final matchup came down to Kelly Clarkson and outclassed Justin Guarini, the final three in Idol 2 (Clay, Ruben Studdard and Kimberley Locke) were also the three judges' favorites.

The real issue seems to be more one of overlapping demographics than flaws in the voting procedures, but that also reflects the reality of the music business. After all, if female singers became successful based solely on their talent, no one would even have heard of Madonna or Britney Spears.

REALITY TV

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2004, 03:32:47 AM »

Quote from: Wade Paulsen
Idol 2 runner-up (and multi-platinum artist) Clay Aiken

====================
can't get enough of that statement!
Quote from: Wade Paulsen
After all, if female singers became successful based solely on their talent, no one would even have heard of Madonna or Britney Spears

====================
how true it is!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2004, 03:37:48 AM »

SOLITAIRE IS GETING AIRPLAY NOW!!!!  YEAAAAAA!!!!!

SOLITAIRE IS NUMBER 26 ON THE AC AIRPLAY CHART--UP TWO SPOTS FROM LAST WEEK!!!!!!

VIEW THE CHART HERE:
RADIO AND RECORDS

Clay "is" the "News"
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 04:46:14 AM »

HIP HIP HURRAY FOR RADIO PLAY BUT UNFORTUNATELY NOT HERE IN CONNECTICUT.  BUT AT LEAST A LOT MORE PLAY ELSEWHERE.  IT IS ABOUT TIME.  THANK YOU DEANNA FOR THE UPDATE ON THE SALES TOTALS.  

LORRAINE
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 05:29:50 AM »

JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE ARTICLE ABOUT KLO'S DEBUTE CD - IT TALKS ABOUT HOW IT HAS OUTSOLD OTHER AI CONTESTANTS AND MAKES IT SOUND LIKE IT IS THE HIGHEST SELLING ONE YET - BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE TO ME SHE EVEN CAME CLOSE TO ANY OF CLAY'S CD SALES - AM I MISSING SOMETHING IN THIS ARTICLE OR AM I RIGHT THAT SHE HASN'T COME CLOSE TO CLAY BUT HAS OUTSOLD THE ONES MENTIONED IN THE ARTICLE AND THAT IS ALL???????
houstonclayfan
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2004, 05:56:51 AM »

If you read the article is says that KIM has sold more than any American Idol contestant NOT named Kelly, Clay or Ruben. Those three HAVE outsold her. If you want her sales totals, they are available in the "Keeping Up With Kim Locke" thread.  I believe she sold between 50-60,000 her first week .  Not too shabby but no Clay either !   Wink:
houstonclayfan
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2004, 07:41:44 AM »

Originally posted by Bisi !  Thanks for sharing !   I would give credit to the source if I knew it. Please let us know, Bisi  Wink:   But it is GREAT news !

An hour-plus "American Idol" results show Wednesday night drew big numbers for FOX on a competitive night, leading the network to a ratings win.

FOX averaged a 10.8 rating/17 share in primetime. The rest of the big four nets were tightly bunched, with CBS in second at 7.4/12, followed by NBC, 7.3/12, and ABC, 7.0/11. The WB was fifth at 2.8/5, beating UPN's 1.7/3.

"Idol" also helped FOX dominate the adults 18-49 demographic with an 8.1 rating. ABC took second at 4.6, with NBC third at 3.7. CBS averaged 3.2, The WB 2.1 and UPN 1.0.

"American Idol" posted a 13.9/22 at 9 p.m., the best ratings for the results show in several weeks
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2004, 07:46:47 AM »

I love how they call him the multi-platinum record artist now !!! Can hear that enough and I'm sure that he loves to hear it too !!!

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2004, 07:54:43 AM »

Great for OMC!!!! Go CLAY, GO CLAY :D  :D

I, for one, enjoy hearing news on Kim.  I wanted her to be second place last year with you know who as number uno!!!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

dudley5
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2004, 09:37:40 AM »

THANKS COLLEEN - IT WAS TOO EARLY FOR ME WHEN I READ IT THE FIRST TIME THIS MORNING :roll:  IT'S FRIDAY AND THE BRAIN IS SHUTTING DOWN ALREADY FOR THE WEEKEND Laughing:  Laughing:
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2004, 09:40:06 AM »

:D a 13.9 rating for the results show...said to be the highest and Clay just happens to be the guest. if this isn't further proof that he brings in the ratings!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
dudley5
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2004, 10:02:01 AM »

JUST READ THIS ON CLAYNATION NEWS - MAYBE THE ANSWER

Clay Changes Management Teams

According to Industry Newsletter ENCORE, Clay has signed a new management deal with Jeff Rabhan of The Firm (Music Division)

THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH TO GET SIMON AND RANDY RILED UP :roll:
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2004, 10:04:48 AM »

NEWS FROM "BILLBOARD'S" CHART BEAT COLUMN BY FRED BRONSON:

SOLITARY MAN: The debut of "Solitaire" (RCA) on the Adult Contemporary chart gives Clay Aiken his sixth entry in less than a year. It's been 11 months since Aiken made his first AC appearance with "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

Since January 2003, no other artist has placed more than four songs on the AC tally. Celine Dion, Michael Buble and Rod Stewart have all had four AC chart entries since then.

This is not the first tine "Solitaire" has charted. The Neil Sedaka/Phil Cody song was a No. 1 AC hit for the Carpenters in 1975. As an artist, Sedaka was last on the AC chart in 1984 with "Rhythm of the Rain," which reached No. 37.

Aiken's highest position on the AC chart to date is the No. 8 peak of "Invisible" the week of Jan. 3. That same week, hr had his second highest-ranked hit, when "The First Noel" went to No. 9.
Here is a summary of Aiken's six AC hits so far:

"Bridge Over Troubled Water," No. 29
"This Is the Night," No. 13
"Invisible," No. 8
"The First Noel," No. 9
"Silver Bells," No. 16 (Clay Aiken & Kimberley Locke)
"Solitaire," No. 27 to date

The "American Idol" franchise continues to turn contestants into chartmakers. While Aiken was the runner-up on the second season of the popular franchise, third-place Kimberley Locke debuts at No. 16 on The Billboard 200 with her first album, "One Love" (Curb).

BILLBOARD

Clay "is" the "News"
cjrmax
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2004, 10:05:47 AM »

Clay Changes Management Teams

According to Industry Newsletter ENCORE, Clay has signed a new management deal with Jeff Rabhan of The Firm (Music Division)

THIS WOULD BE ENOUGH TO GET SIMON AND RANDY RILED UP

Except that neither Simon or Randy are/were part of his management team!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx