gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:53:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MAY 7  (Read 6126 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: May 07, 2004, 02:45:24 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!

TGIF!!!!!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 02:46:40 AM »

Tickets on sale today Friday May 7 at 11:00 am!
1st Mariner Center, Baltimore, MD
Show time Friday July 23 7:30 pm $35-$45

Venue:  http://www.baltimorearena.com/ticket.htm

Tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/894037

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 02:49:45 AM »

Clay is up for two international awards-Mister 2004 and Artist of the Year.  Follow the links below to vote once a day for Clay.  Remember this is for 2004 so keep voting everyday until the site closes the vote.  The site is also not in English so Stem means vote.

INTERNATIONAL ARTIST OF THE YEAR Stem for Clay! This is an international poll, not in English.  Stem = Vote!  Please stem only once per day.

INTERNATIONAL MISTER 2004 Stem for Clay!  This is an international poll, not in English.  Stem = Vote!  Please stem only once per day.

Both polls have been added to the voting thead.

Thanks to Karen for sharing this poll!

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 02:51:26 AM »

CLAY TV

09:30 am EST CNN INTERNATIONAL - THE MUSIC ROOM - CNNi (not confirmed)
1:00 pm EST VH1 ALL ACCESS: AWESOMELY BADDER VIDEOS - VH1

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 02:52:22 AM »

Tickets on sale Saturday May 8 at 12:00 pm!
Ohio State Fair - Celeste Center, Columbus, OH
Show time Wednesday August 11 7:00 pm $25

Venue:  http://www.ohioexpocenter.com/oec/b05.htm

Tickets:  http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/894037

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 02:56:35 AM »

ONLY 7 MORE DAYS FOR "THE WAY" ON TRL!!![/i]
LET'S KEEP CLAY'S VIDEO IN THE "NEWS"!!!  DO YOU THINK WE CAN
GET HIM TO NUMBER 1 BEFORE HIS RETIREMENT???  LET'S TRY!!!

VOTE FOR THE WAY ON TRL!
The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688). Follow the instructions. Key in 252 for "Clay Aiken" or 843 for "The Way" -- you may vote up to three times per phone line. Tip: It's much easier to get through during the first fifteen minutes.

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE . Vote online all day!

GREAT JOB GETTING TO #2 YESTERDAY!!!![/i]

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 02:59:58 AM »

THE SALES CHARTS HAVE BEEN UPDATED FOR THIS WEEK!!!
MOAM IS STILL "HANGING IN THERE"!!!!
[/i]

TO VIEW THE CHARTS, CLICK HERE:
SALES CHARTS

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 03:04:41 AM »

THE CBS NEWS SITE HAS AN ARTICLE AND SOME PICTURES UP FROM THE EARLY SHOW INTERVIEW WITH CLAY AND HIS MOM YESERDAY:

A Mom Who Rocks!

NEW YORK, April 6, 2004

Clay's Mom Rocks

(CBS) Though the spotlight shines brightly on their superstar kids, hard at work behind the scenes are the superstar moms.

The Early Show correspondent Melinda Murphy reports on one of the newest on the scene -- Clay Aiken. He and his mother are just getting used to his newfound fame.

Clay Aiken's new song, "Proud of Your Boy," is a part of the special edition DVD of "Aladdin," which he says is a great way to show appreciation for moms. (That DVD will be not be available until Oct. 5.)

"It's kind of a neat song because it talks a lot about Aladdin with his mother," Aiken says. "So singing that is kind of neat for me because I think everybody wants to make their mother proud of them."

And Clay Aiken has definitely done that.

"I am his number one fan, even if the fans say they're number one," Faye Parker, Aiken's mother, says with a laugh. "I'm sorry. They have to get in line."

Parker raised her son in Raleigh, N.C. His childhood home is now filled with proof of his success, such as his double-platinum album award for "Measure of the Man."

The album has now gone triple-platinum, which Aiken says he couldn't have done without his mom.

"My mother is my idol," says Aiken. "She's the person I've seen on a daily basis, who maneuver all that life brings you -- whether it be good stuff or bad stuff."

And there has been plenty of both. When Aiken was just a year old, Faye Parker left his abusive, alcoholic father. And for the next five years, she raised Aiken on her own before eventually getting remarried and having another son.

"One of the things she's really taught me is to take every experience that you have, even the ones you just want to forget, and really learn from them," says Aiken.

It is a lesson Parker continues to teach.

She says, "The main thing that I would like to say to women is that you are not there to be somebody's stepping stone or to be somebody's punching bag. You can get a life, and you can go on, and you don't have to live like that."

Parker is living proof of that. So is Aiken.

Just a few years ago, Aiken was practically invisible. But things have definitely changed.

Parker takes it upon herself to check phone calls and lots of mail. In fact, Aiken gets so much fan mail that his mother now has a special room for it above the garage.

Also, there are Aiken dolls, Aiken drawings and Aiken crafts.

Of course, not everybody is so supportive.

"He had a lot of publicity about, 'Is Clay gay?'" says Parker. "You have to make up your mind if you're going to get your feelings hurt. I know what's true. God knows what's true. And it doesn't matter what other people think."

Most seem to think Aiken is great, including his hometown's museum.

The museum has clothing worn by Clay Aiken when he performed "I Can't Help Myself."

Parker notes, "I remember when he did that, there were some ladies at my house that night and he did that little motion -- the sugar pie honey bunch. I thought these ladies were going to go crazy. I said, 'Ladies, that's my son. Cool it!'"

Aiken may be a sex symbol now, but he wasn't always so cool.

"He comes in one day with a permanent. Oh, that was awful, terrible," laughs Parker. "He wore that perm for two years, deliberately, because mom didn't like it. A few people told him he looked cute. And I said, 'Honey, your mother will tell you the truth.'"

"Mom always thinks she's the most honest," says Aiken. "She'll tell me if my shoes are ugly or if a song is bad, which I don't know that I like that much really."

Before he was sheik, Aiken was a bit of a geek. And some even said he was a mama's boy.

"He probably is a mama's boy, but you know he's not overly mama's boy that people think strange things about," laughs Parker.

But in the end, being a mama's boy isn't such a bad thing.

"She's been my rock, she's been the shoulder I've cried on," says Aiken. "She's been the most supportive person, the least supportive person in times when I needed somebody to tell me to straighten out. And I would not be here today if it were not for her in so many ways."

What are some of the perks of having a famous son? Faye Parker says she bought herself a new car and paid off her house.

On Friday, Murphy knocks on the door of the Texas house where a little girl named Beyonce grew up to be a big star.

CBS NEWS STORY

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 03:08:46 AM »

ARE YOU A "SUPER FAN"???

Are you a “Clay Aiken Superfan?” If so “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” wants to hear from you and wants to help bring you closer to Clay Aiken and possibly feature you on our show as a part of our “Clay Aiken Superfan” feature segment.

If you think that you or someone you know is the ultimate Superfan of Clay Aiken then “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” wants to hear from you! Submit the online form, a letter or one (1) videotape, telling us why you are the ultimate Clay Aiken Superfan. Tapes must be no longer than three minutes. The videotape must be recently recorded and must be on a 1/2 inch VHS tape. Please make sure your videotape can be seen and heard clearly. Sit close to the camera, and turn off the television, radio, or anything else that might add extra noise. Do not sit with a window behind you. You should not wear clothing that bears any visible logos or trademarks. Any music featured on the videotape must be original music.

Send your letter and/or videotape to:
CLAY AIKEN SUPERFAN
C/O “ON AIR WITH RYAN SEACREST”
P.O. Box 4325, Hollywood, CA 90078
ATTN: SEGMENT PRODUCER – CLAY AIKEN SUPERFAN

Submit your letter or your videotape and make sure it includes the following information: your name, your age, your address, your daytime and evening telephone numbers. Please send only one (1) videotape.

Please only send in videotapes that belong to you. If the person in the videotape is someone other than yourself, please get that person’s written permission before sending it in. All videotapes must not violate the rights of any third party.

“On Air With Ryan Seacrest” may select one or more individuals as the “Backstreet Boys SuperFan” candidates (“Candidates”). Those Candidates may be featured on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” and may be flown to Los Angeles to appear on the show.

All videotapes and letters submitted become the sole property of “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” may be broadcast on the air, featured on www.ryanonair.com, or in any other advertisements or promotions for “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” and will not be acknowledged or returned.

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS

All of the Candidates must be legal U.S. residents; must be at least 18 years of age; must not be candidates for public office; must not be or have an immediate family member who is an employee, officer, director, or agent of Larchmont Productions, Inc., Twentieth Television, Ryan Seacrest Productions, Inc., or any of their affiliated companies; must execute waivers and release agreements (including but not limited to participant release forms, music synchronization license and master use license) required by “On Air With Ryan Seacrest;” and must be willing and able to travel to Los Angeles to appear on “On Air With Ryan Seacrest.”

Selection of the Candidates will be determined by “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” in its sole discretion, and all decisions made by “On Air With Ryan Seacrest” shall be final.

“On Air With Ryan Seacrest” may provide Candidates with round-trip airfare, hotel accommodations, and ground transportation between airport, hotel and studio (as applicable). Candidates who appear as the “Clay Aiken Superfan” may receive other gifts and/or prizes in “On Air With Ryan Seacrest’s” sole discretion.

No purchase or other consideration is required to participate in the “Clay Aiken Superfan” promotion. The “Clay Aiken Superfan” promotion may be terminated at any time.

RYAN ON AIR

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 03:13:52 AM »

NO IDLE SUMMER:

No Idle Summer for "Idols"

by Joal Ryan
May 5, 2004, 3:25 PM PT

The pen salesman's 15 minutes have been renewed through September.

Jon Peter Lewis and the other top nine American Idol finalists from the current season will hit the road this summer on a 48-date tour, it has been announced.
The Idol caravan, sponsored in part by the aptly named Pop-Tarts, launches July 14 in Salt Lake City, and wraps Sept. 26 in San Jose. In between, the tour will hit Jennifer Hudson's hometown of Chicago (Aug. 5), George Huff's New Orleans (Aug. 11) and Amy Adams' Bakersfield beauty salon base (Sept. 24), among other stops.

Notably not on the itinerary: Hawaii, despite the noncontiguous state helping place two singers, Camile Velasco and Jasmine Trias, in the Top 10.

Likely not in the singing lineup: Leah Labelle and Matthew Rogers. While both were Idol finalists, neither hung around long enough to make the Top 10. The 17-year-old Labelle was the first contestant voted off the Fox competition; footballer turned performer Rogers followed the next week.

Last year, 11th-place finisher Charles Grigsby fell onto the tour when Top 10er Corey Clark was disqualified for failing to reveal an arrest record.

A tour spokesman said this year's tour, like last year's, will only make room for 10 Idols.

In addition to Lewis, Hudson, Huff, Adams, Velasco and Trias, the 2004 Idol road team should consist of LaToya London, Fantasia Barrino, Diana DeGarmo and John Stevens.

Tickets for all dates go on sale May 22, save for the Sept. 15-16 Canadian gigs, which go on sale May 21, and the Sept. 23 Anaheim, California, stop, which goes on sale May 23.

There is no shortage of Idols, past and present, crisscrossing the country. Clay Aiken, 2003's runner-up and 2004's sales champ, is launching a solo tour July 8 in North Dakota. He'll pile on the dates at state fairs through September, before taking a breather after an Oct. 18 gig in North Carolina (at a state fair, natch).

Second-season winner Ruben Studdard, meanwhile, wraps his inaugural tour Sunday in New Orleans.

Tour plans for the third-season Idols come as the show presently lacks a champion. The winner is due to be crowned May 26.

Sales-wise, interest in the latest batch of Idol aspirants is down from last year's. The new crop's new release, American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics, debuted at number 10 on the album sales chart this week, with 55,000 copies sold. That's off about 40 percent from the 91,000 discs moved in the first week by American Idol Season Two: All Time Classic American Love Songs, featuring Aiken and Studdard.

On Tuesday night, the current competition was down to the final five, with London, DeGarmo, Barrino, Huff and Trias helping spread a rumor that Barbra Streisand standards constitute the big-band sound.

Per Fox, an estimated 22 million watched the show, in which Barrino's performance of "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?" reduced judge Paula Abdul, still nursing a manicure-mangled thumb, to a puddle of tears.

While Abdul's appearance Tuesday prompted questions on her well-being everywhere from USA Today ("she looked puffy, sounded vague") to Fox's own Idol message boards ("Great--now she bit her own cheek?"), a rep for the former popster said Wednesday "she's totally fine."

E ONLINE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 03:32:14 AM »

Idol Chartwatch, May 7: A Not So “Studdard”ly Week
by Gil Sery -- 05/07/2004
There was a lot of activity on the Idol Charts, most of it down. Gil has all the details, including some eye-opening numbers from the concerts!

It was another week of dips, dives, and freefall doozies for our favorite Idol contestants and non-Idol performers. The biggest fall of the week went to the soundtrack from the kid-friendly movie Ella Enchanted, to which inaugural Idol Kelly Clarkson contributed her soaring rendition of “R-E-S-P-E-C-T.” This was probably due to a marked decrease in movie screenings, considering that the summer blockbuster season is almost upon us. The album dropped 36 spots from #138 to #174 on the Billboard 200 chart.

However, the biggest non-compilation drop of any Idol contestant’s album went to Ruben Studdard’s Soulful. The album’s 27-spot freefall from #97 to #124 means that Soulful has dropped more than 20 spots for the second consecutive week. In fact, over the past two weeks the album has dropped an astonishing 50 spots — that’s one quarter of the chart!

Considering that Studdard’s album has been on the charts for eight weeks less than Clay Aiken’s Measure of A Man, and is dropping down so rapidly, things aren’t looking particularly rosy for Studdard. The Velvet Teddybear also slipped eight spots on the Billboard R&B Albums chart, from #30 to #38.

Since this is Studdard’s 21st week on the charts with Soulful, let’s do a little comparison. Aiken sold 17,217 copies in his 21st week, while Studdard only sold 8,599. That means that the runner-up (Aiken) sold 8,618 copies more than the winner (Studdard) in the same time period. What happened to all those people who voted for Studdard during the American Idol 2 finale? Current sales figures stand at 2,521,245 for Aiken and 1,663,539 for Studdard. With figures like these, one wonders if Studdard will even achieve double-platinum status. Sales from their respective tours show a similar trend, but more on that later.

While Clay’s Measure of A Man is dropping almost as fast — 20 spots from #91 to #111 last week and another 17 spots from #111 to #128 this week — this is not as foreboding since, as mentioned above, his album has been on the chart for a lot longer.

Anti-Idol William Hung’s Inspiration also continued its descent on the Billboard 200, dropping 15 spots from #58 to #73, although his fans seem to be intent on proving that while he may be down, he is definitely not out. Proof of this is his four-spot jump on Billboard’s Top Independent Albums chart from #6 to #2. Looks like the death knell hasn’t sounded for Hung’s popularity just yet.

Not so surprising is that Barry Manilow’s 2Nights Live! dropped back down to #65, after what proved to be a temporary boost to #50 last week following the crooner’s guest judge stint on American Idol three weeks ago. The album did considerably better on the Billboard Internet Albums chart, re-entering at #12 after being bumped off last week.

What was pleasantly surprising was the debut of the estrogen-filled Women & Song at #67 on the Billboard 200 chart this week. The album features Clarkson’s hit single “Low” among songs from various other well-known female artists.

Another pleasant surprise was the debut of American Idol Season 3: Greatest Soul Classics, which entered at #23 on Billboard’s Top Internet Albums chart.

Bringing up the rear on the Billboard 200 was Buddy Jewell, whose self-titled gold-status CD slipped from #164 to #167. It will be interesting to see how his successor, Brad Cotter, does when his album is released.

As usual, there was more upward activity in the singles arena than there was with the albums this week.

Proving that he’s more invincible than “invisible,” Clay Aiken had the top-selling single in the country for the eighth consecutive week. Unfortunately for Kimberley Locke, after holding the #2-selling single in the country for a respectable six weeks, her “8th World Wonder” was finally edged out by JoJo’s “Leave (Get Out),” dropping Locke’s single to #3.

K-Lo’s single also dropped a notch on the Adult Contemporary chart when it was edged out of the #19 spot by the most recent Idol guest judge, Gloria Estefan, whose “I Wish You” was crowned the Greatest Gainer of the Week, up six spots from #25.

Hmmm… first Manilow, now Estefan; perhaps this is a trend. Get a guest judge spot on American Idol and have your single/album declared the Greatest Gainer the following week due to increased sales or airplay. No wonder former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney is interested in being a guest judge!
The good news for K-Lo is that “8th World Wonder” continues its slow and steady climb up the Billboard Hot 100, inching up two spots from #51 to #49. The single also regained its #20 spot on Billboard’s Mainstream Top 40 this week after dropping to #21 the previous week

Also still climbing the charts is fellow American Idol 2 finalist Josh Gracin. His “I Want to Live” jumped three spots to #20 on the Billboard Country Singles chart, while Radio & Records Country Airplay chart has him up four notches from #26 to #22.

As for the American Idol 2 winner, poor Ruben Studdard couldn’t even catch a break here. His “Sorry 2004” dropped 12 spots from #48 to #60 on the Billboard Hot 100, right behind Buddy Jewell’s “Sweet Southern Comfort,” which dropped five spots to #59. The best news Studdard had this week was that his second single, “What If” (not to be confused with RJ Helton’s “Even If”), remained unchanged at #56 on Billboard’s Hot R&B singles chart.

Speaking of Helton, “Even If” single dropped one spot to #29 on the Radio & Records Christian National Airplay chart.

Rounding up the Billboard Hot 100 is Clay Aiken’s “Solitaire,” which dropped 18 spots to #97. Barring any buying surges from his fans, the single looks set to drop out of the Hot 100 next week. This is also a pretty big two-week drop, considering that “Solitaire” was at #58 just two weeks ago.

In non-Idol news, Jessica Simpson’s “Take My Breath Away” climbed from #24 to #21, while ”With You” seems to have plateued, remaining at #23 for the third straight week. The singles are still on the Billboard Top 40, though weighing in at #13 and #12 respectively. Her In This Skin album dropped five spots from #7 to #12 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Simpson’s hubby, Nick Lachey, saw his single, “This I Swear,” drop four spots on the Billboard Hot 100 Singles Sales chart, making the theme for his The Newlyweds show the #16 selling single in the country.

Nashville Star Buddy Jewell’s “Sweet Southern Comfort” dropped four notches on the Billboard Country Singles chart to #12. However, he did have the most played recurrent (i.e. non-new) song of this week, according to Radio & Records, having been played 2,753 times on country stations nationwide.

In the “On this day in Idol history” department, Ike and Tina Turner received their one and only gold record for “Proud Mary,” a song performed by many an Idol finalist, most notably Tamyra Gray in season one and Trenyce in season two.

Now for the tour information alluded to earlier. According to the extremely comprehensive Kelly Clarkson fan site, Kellyfanclub.net, Billboard has released the following statistics for Aiken and Clarkson’s recently completed “Independent” tour. Out of a total of 295,861 tickets available, 85% or 250,442 tickets were sold for a total gross of $11,277,704 from 30 shows, five of which were sellouts (17%). The results may look a little different when the Pollstar (the concert industry’s trade publication) results are factored into the mix.

Although Studdard’s tour officially concludes this Sunday in New Orleans, LA, preliminary figures have already started coming in, and they’re not looking as good. Of those whose figures are available, Studdard’s best showing was in Upper Darby, PA, where he sold out 96% of the venue and grossed $54,712. His worst showing was in Milwaukee, WI, where he sold out 53% of the venue and grossed just $33,037.

As always, we’ll keep a watch on the charts for you. Will Women & Song manage to stay on the chart or even climb next week? What about Greatest Soul Classics? Will K-Lo’s One Love album be the next album by an AI finalist to debut at #1? Will Brad Cotter’s new single “I Meant To” make it on to the country charts? Find out next week as we tackle another bumper edition of “Idol Chartwatch”!

FOXES ON IDOL

Clay "is" the "News"
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 03:44:44 AM »

:?: there's 3,506 votes separating Clay from Britney in that poll for International Artist. Spears has 29,095 and Clay has 25,589. the #2 pick is someone i haven't heard of called Ainhoa, with 26,410 votes.

this brings up a question: for a poll that asks people to vote for International Artists, why is that the majority i haven't even heard of??? i thought International meant they had some success and were known across the globe?

Clay's #3 rank is 15,000 or so more votes than the #4 vote getter! the artist below Clay has 10,000 or so votes and then Clay steps in with his 25,589!!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 04:45:46 AM »

Double Platinum Recording Star Clay Aiken to Sing Deleted Mother-Son ALADDIN Ballad 'Proud of Your Boy'
Friday May 7, 1:56 am ET  

Joins the Fantastic Magical Carpet Ride of Bonus Features in the Highly-Anticipated OCTOBER 5 First-Ever ALADDIN DVD Release!

BURBANK, Calif., May 7 /PRNewswire/ -- Mother's Day 2004 Announcement -- In celebration of Mother's Day, Walt Disney Home Entertainment today announces that popular recording artist Clay Aiken will perform the deleted song "Proud Of Your Boy" on the highly-anticipated 2-Disc Special Edition DVD debut of Disney's Academy AwardŽ-winning* animated classic ALADDIN. A moving ballad that Aladdin sings to his mother, the song was originally written for inclusion in the animated feature, but was not used. The exciting new Clay Aiken recording/music video will be released as a special bonus track on the 2-disc Aladdin Special Edition DVD which debuts October 5, 2004.

"Proud Of Your Boy" was part of an original storyline that was cut from the film's final version. The song provides greater insights into Aladdin's' personality and character and is especially poignant as it personifies every child's desire to make their mother proud. Recovered from the Disney vault, it is one of the last collaborations by Academy AwardŽ-winning composers Howard Ashman and Alan Menken, the famed songwriting team that also created the Academy AwardŽ-winning** music for the Disney animated films The Little Mermaid and Beauty and The Beast.

Clay Aiken's first album "Measure of a Man" is nearing sales of three million. The album had an extraordinary first week sales and debuted at No. 1 on The Billboard 200. It also includes Aiken's first single, "This Is the Night," which was the best-selling single of 2003. His current single release "Solitaire" also debuted at No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100 Singles Sales chart and still remains on top.

Disney's animated classic ALADDIN is available as a "Platinum Edition" 2-Disc Special Edition DVD, creating a whole new world of magic on DVD. Unavailable in any form for over ten years, this double Academy AwardŽ* winning magic carpet ride has been enhanced and restored and will be presented for the first time in a spectacular digital format, in an all new 2-Disc set loaded with magical bonus features that extend the movie experience. In addition to the deleted song, the DVD includes a thrilling virtual DVD carpet ride with all-new animation and stunning 5.1 Surround Sound, deleted scenes, never-before-seen "Aladdin" movie secrets, a hilarious 3-D tour of the Genie's lamp hosted by Robin Leach, all-new games, never before seen Genie musical postcards created in collaboration with the original animators, sing along music tracks, all new music videos, and MUCH more.

YAHOO LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2004, 04:56:59 AM »

Clay will perform at the Colorado State Fair in Pueblo, CO
on September 2!

Clay Aiken
Thursday, September 2, 8 pm
Fair website: http://www.coloradosfair.com/index.html
Tickets: $23, $33
On Sale: Tickets can be purchased at the State Fair Box Office, all Ticketmaster locations or by calling Ticketmaster at (719) 520-9090 (Colorado Springs/Pueblo) or (303) 830-TIXS (Denver) or by visiting www.ticketmaster.com. Tickets purchased prior to May 22 include Fair admission.

COLORADO STATE FAIR
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2004, 05:00:10 AM »

'American Idol' star to play MetroCentre in Rockford IL
ROCKFORD -- "American Idol" star Clay Aiken will perform Aug. 23 at the MetroCentre, arena officials announced late Thursday.

Tickets -- $39 -- for the 7:30 p.m. concert will go on sale at 10 a.m. May 15.

Aiken, runner-up in the 2003 TV competition, finished a solo tour with 2002 "Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson last month. He launches his debut solo tour July 6.

General Manager Corey Pearson said the MetroCentre will partner with JAM Productions on the show, splitting costs and profits evenly.

"I really think this has the potential, with the following that's out there for 'American Idol,' to sell out," he said.

Pearson declined to disclose how much money, if any, the MetroCentre might pay upfront to guarantee the performance. He said 6,500 seats would be available, and the MetroCentre could turn a profit by selling fewer than half.

In November, a matchbox twenty concert underwritten exclusively by the tax-subsidized downtown venue lost $27,000.

RR STAR
(EDITED TO FIX LINK) DEANNA
AdoringClay
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 06:50:22 AM »

:? Hi There ClayMaine-iac and Pamela...

Could you guys do me a favor and try to make sure and note the city/state on postings from now on.  A lot of times there are posts that I have no idea where they are, as in the example above:

ROCKFORD

Maybe I'm just dumb.  Sometimes you can tell where it is by the link to click on to get the whole story, like it says "Kansas City" or something.  But, many times, even the link does me no good (like in this case, it just says "RR STAR").  This Aiken News Network is my favorite thread and is "required reading" at the crack of dawn every morning.  Thanks for all your hard work!  Clay Love to You!  Sue G.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 06:51:07 AM »

Wow, I love that Yahoo article about Clay's song for Aladdin.  Did you notice everytime they mentioned Clay they used "the popular recording artist Clay Aiken."

His name is getting strong throughout the country (and world pretty soon).
How could anyone not be proud of him.  Faye Parker must wear a constant smile.  She sure looks happy, beaming actually.  Clay must be getting tired; he hasn't stop since he started the tour with Kelly last year.  At least, the summer concerts are spaced out, but it looks like he has a lot going on in between.  Wait until Singapore gets to see him.  I would love to be there the first time he appears in Asia.

Thanks, Deanna, for all the great news.

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
AdoringClay
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2004, 06:59:56 AM »

lls in CT...

I loved the "Mom Rocks" thing yesterday on CBS...The lack of any AI references or titles jumped out at me.  He has really now become just the "popular recording artist"...

I heard a couple of places where they alluded to his AI performances, such as "...clothing worn by Clay Aiken when he performed "I Can't Help Myself..." (when they were showing the clothes in the museum), but I never, once heard them call him a Runner-up!  This is what our boy has been hoping for...Way to go, Clay!  Clay Love!  Sue G.
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2004, 07:17:57 AM »

The exciting new Clay Aiken recording/music video will be released as a special bonus track on the 2-disc Aladdin Special Edition DVD which debuts October 5, 2004.

I wonder if this "new Clay Aiken recording/music video" will be animated scenes from Aladdin or if it will actually be featuring Clay performing the song?..........or better yet, a real live Clay video?

Disney sure knows how to revamp a 10 year old movie, don't they?  Find a song originally deleted and have THE BEAUTIFUL VOICE record it for you.  This new release video is bound to be a big hit.  I love the way Disney is thinking on this one.  They couldn't have selected a better man for the job! Wink:  :)

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
houstonclayfan
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2004, 07:20:20 AM »

Quote from: quynn

Disney sure knows how to revamp a 10 year old movie, don't they?  Find a song originally deleted and have THE BEAUTIFUL VOICE record it for you.  This new release video is bound to be a big hit.  I love the way Disney is thinking on this one.  They couldn't have selected a better man for the job! Wink:  :)

No kidding !  They know how to make money !  I bet little kids arent the only ones standing in lines for its release  Wink:
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx