gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:45:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Welcome New Members! HeyHowAreYa?  (Read 136855 times)
cjrmax
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2003, 10:06:36 AM »

Its fun reading about the diverse people who come here to express their appreciation for all things Clay!  Sort of destroys the stereotypical Clay fan some publications have talked about!

I am a 40-something single professional woman.  I live out in the beautiful Pennsylvania countryside, about 50 miles or so from Philadelphia, with the love of my life - my beagle mutt Max.  I have loved music all my life.  My musical awakening came when, as a little kid, I first saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.  I fell in love with George Harrison that night and never stopped.  I mourned his death and miss his spirit to this day.

My musical tastes are very ecletic, ranging from Janis Joplin to Bach.  I love jazz and the blues.  My favorites have always been songs with great lyrics, sung by singers with wonderful voices.  Guess that has something to do with why I like Clay!

I starting watching AI1 well into the competition.  I think they were down to 6 or 7 finalists (all I know is that awful Ryan Starr was still there - no offense to anyone who liked her!).  There  was a lot of buzz in my area about Justin Guarini, since he was a local boy.  He seemed nice enough but I always thought he had limited range.  I thought the 2 best from last season were Kelly and Tamyra but once the show was over I didn't really follow what happened to any of them.

When AI2 was coming on I promised myself to watch from the beginning.  I had been told the first round of auditions were hysterical.  And they were.  I thought they were going to get even more hysterical when this dorky skinny kid came out and proclaimed he was going to the next American Idol.  I braced myslef for some squeeky off key voice.  He opened his mouth and sang and I was hooked!

The voice got me, but I cannot explain my obsession with him.  Not since George Harrison have I been so obsessed by anyone - and I was a lot younger then!  I should know better now, right?  But there is something about Clay.  I can't lay my finger on it, but its there. That "it" factor.  And it goes beyond his voice. I felt it coming on long before I knew his background or beliefs. I suspect he and I would be polar opposites politically.  I do admire his sense of self, the way he's seems so comfortable in his own skin, something most of us work a lifetime to achieve.  I admire his kindness.  I admire his compassion.  But all that came after the obsession.  After trying to figure out what triggered it I gave up and just happliy accepted the fact that I am truly Clay obsessed.

Clay's music brings me joy - which is what I have always thought music was meant to do.  I hope I will be hearing it for many years to come. I have this vision of myself many years from now sitting in my rocking chair, shawl around my shoulders, and hearing Clay on the radio.  At the sound of his still golden voice I somehow manage to get my creaky body to move.  I jump up and clap my hands in joy. "That my boy Clay!", I exclaim, before falling back into my rocking chair.  For those few minutes  when I hear Clay sing I am young(ish) again!  Sound a bit maudlin? Nah!  I still have my hearing and I am still hearing Clay sing!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2003, 11:06:46 AM »

I am a 47 year old housewife, mother and professional in the D.C. area.  My husband and I are both huge Clay fans and have been from day one.  We never missed a Tuesday/Wednesday and we called in religiously - both on our cell phones and both sharing the house phone.  We were devasted that Clay did not win but we knew he would be a huge success.  We attended his concert at the MCI Center in D.C., along with my sister (another huge fan) and her friend from Maryland.  We all have more than one copy of Clay's cd and the Christmas cd and are already waiting for the next one!  Clay is an awesome person, somebody that any parent would be glad to call their own.  We wish him all the best that life has to offer him and continue to pray for his health, success and continued faith in God.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2003, 12:37:48 PM »

Hi Claymates!! :D

My name is Theresa, and I live and work in Philadelphia, hence my nickname of PHILLYLUVSCLAY. LOL 8) I have been a medical receptionist for 5 years. I'm have been married for 16 years to a wonderful man! No kids but I'm still hoping for a child. :D I'm in the "Demi Moore Age Catergory" And that's all you guys are going to get out me regarding my age lol :D  Besides, Why should Ashton Kushner have all the fun!! Laughing:  Laughing:  Let's see, how did my OCD got started??  I guess it was from Clay's very first audition from Atlanta. There was something about Clay that was enduring, sweet and funny! Everyweek on AI I waited with bated breath as I watched hoping he would make to the next round and level. What special voice he has and what a wonderful gift of song God has given him! :D  :D   The more I got to know about Clay the more I was impressed by him. I admired his "Christian Morals", his courage, his strength and his quiet diginity that he endored on AI Wink: I love the fact that Clay is not afraid to be a role model for today's youth. His new foundation is near and dear to my heart because, I have a sister who is handicapped and she's my only sibling. These special children who are "mentally handicapped" needed a voice in  America. I Truly believe that God placed Clay on a special path for this and he could be their voice!! :D  

Well, Claymates that's it That's all I got to say :D
allforclay
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2003, 06:09:30 PM »

Hi everyone, my name is Cathy, I'm a 55 year old, grandma from Houston, TX. I have three children and 5 grandchildren.
I work as a System Analyst Technical Manager for a software development company.
I fell in love with Clay's voice after about the 3rd show. I was kind of routing for Kim Caldwell, but everytime I heard Clay, I started getting more into "Where does that voice come from?" It's heavenly. I like Suegrab, have sang most of my life. I appreciate talent and what it takes to hit and hold those money notes like OBC does. He's utterly amazing. More than that, his sweet personality, morals, and Christian stand are AWESOME. His eyes literally sparkle, and are so expressive. It makes him so endearing. I love his facial expressions.
I pray that he lasts a long, long time.
Thank you Michael, for starting this site! I so enjoy it. I really appreciate all the work that each of you put into it! Thank you, Pamela, Cruiser, and Melodie! It's a lot of work but it's great what you all do.
I enjoy the comments from various people and it's so nice to share our excitement together it makes it all the more fun.....
Love and prayers,
Cathy
di
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2003, 10:13:07 PM »

Hi everyone,

It's been lovely reading all your comments - I really feel we have a community out here! The only other online community I have been on would be Harry Potter, but that's another story. Suffice to say that I have really been warmed, and even though I will probably never meet any of you, I am really glad to know you people this way! The things Clay can do are amazing...

A little about myself. I'm a 24-year-old single gal , from Singapore. Like Clay, I have loved singing all my life. I have done choirs, musicals, a cappella groups, weddings, church bands, the lot. And like Clay, I used to sing in my sleep! Anyway, I really appreciate a good voice, and Clay never fails to amaze me with the things he can do with that instrument, seemingly by instinct. I stopped singing for a while to concentrate on work and ballroom dancing, but now Clay has inspired me to sing again!

Anyway, I never watched AI when it was showing here. I'd heard about Clay and his wonderful voice, but never actually heard him sing until the show was officially over, when my brother downloaded Bridge Over Troubled Water. At the opening verse, I was amazed that this young boy had such a rich, low voice - I remember thinking that it didn't match his face. Then when he moved into the higher register... wow! And sometime later, when I heard This is the Night, I was hooked. I started reading up about him, and learned about his background and his faith, and fell for him like I'd never fallen for anyone before...

I think the thing that really did it for me is how Clay is so open with his faith. As a Christian myself, I feel happy when I learn that such-and-such celebrity is a Christian. But with Clay, I was really happy to learn that he is a brother-in-Christ, and serious about his faith. He's not just wearing his faith on his wrist, but also living it for all the world to see. Witness the Bubel-Aiken Foundation, the YMCA involvement, reading to kids in Harlem, giving young Hayley the strength and courage to go through 2 frightening weeks of occupational therapy...

I could go on and on, but I guess I shall end here. Thank you fellow Claymaniacs for the warmth and love. And of course thank you Clay, for just being who you are, a great singer, a great man, a great brother-in-Christ.
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 11:00:32 AM »

This is wonderful! So happy to know more about who set up this web site, I'm new to the computer world and it's been easy to use and love the info. My name is Donna (heartaiken), my husband help me pick my username. I work nights in a restuarant so american idol was not a program I would normally see, I came home one night to my husband watching the show. I started listening and said seems to be some great talent, how fun. When I heard Clay I said who is he! What a voice and he's so cute. From then on my husband was forced to tape the show and I started my vote for Clay. I'm so thrilled to know there's other's who feel as I do, clay has something special that shines through and I wish him the best.
Anonymous
ME
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 04:59:08 PM »

HELLO MY NAME IS CEDRIC AND I AM FROM TAMPA, FLORIDA. I AM A 24 YEAR OLD BLACK GUY WHO LOVES CLAY AIKEN TO DEATH. HE IS MY FAVORITE MALE ARTIST AND I AM SO HAPPY THAT HE IS A SUCCESS. FOR SOME REASON I KNEW HE WOULD BE A SUCCESS AFTER SEEING HIS AUDITION ON  AMERICAN IDOL. HE IS TRULY THE BEST..  WHOEVER THE CREATOR OF THIS SITE IS.. I LOVE YOU.. AND THANK YOU. THIS WILL KEEP ME UP TO DATE ON CLAY .
Claytageous
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 05:15:13 PM »

Hello.....My name is JOY, and I'm a Clayaholic.......and ding dang proud of it....

I am 50 something years old and have been a Clay fan from day one.  His voice and the light shinning from within him totally stole my heart away and I couldn't have given it to a more outstanding individual.

I am a para legal and live in Florida.....Naples, to be exact.....I have not been able to hook up with any other Clay fans here in Naples so if there are any on this Board, please PM me as I sure would love to meet you.

If you will indulge me for a moment.....I went back and was reading some of the introduction posts.  I hope I have found a new home.  I am so thrilled that many of you have stated your  faith and openly admire Clay for his.   I belonged to another Board (no names mentioned) and I posted a thread for Clay which was entitled "A prayer for Clay...Please Join Me".
After about a week, I was totally blasted for bringing religion onto the Board.   I have decided that if that is how they feel, I am definately in the wrong place.  I should have suspected though because the thread had a lot of views but very few posts.      Someone posted a thread "Anti-Prayer".  Being a Christian myself, I do understand who is behind this... I just want to say that if you have objections to lifting Clay up in prayer, please tell me now so I can exit  without upsetting anyone.

Anyway, I am proud to be Clay's fan, I pray for him everyday and I am proud of my faith.

Amen. :D
claylady
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2003, 02:00:02 PM »

Hi everyone!  I just joined the Claymaniacs.  I've been visiting this site for about a month now as a guest and I just love it.  I visit everyday so I figured that it was about time I joined.

My name is Diane.  I'm 51 years young, married, and live in Euclid Ohio which is a suburb of Cleveland.

I've been a Clay fan for quite awhile now.  I really got obcessed with him during the Wild Card Show of AI.  It got to the point where I could hardly wait for the show to see my boy Clay.  He has the most georgeous voice I've ever heard and the personality to match.  He truly is my American Idol.  I went to the AI concert when it came to Cleveland.  I was like a kid again.  Clay is really amazing in person.  I hope he does a solo tour next year and comes to Cleveland.  I'll be first in line.  

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THIS WONDERFUL SITE-IT IS CHEAPER THAN THERAPY.  I NEED MY CLAY FIX EVERYDAY.
songbird457
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2003, 07:16:08 PM »

Well I suppose I should introduce myself. My name is Renee Churchill and I am from Ferndale, Michigan (suburb of Detroit). I am 26 years old and am a singer myself.  :) I got hooked on AI just like millions of other fans, but I need to thank my mom for that. I didn't watch the first season, but my mom started watching season 2 from the beginning. I missed the first month or so, but my mom kept talking about a goofy looking guy named Clay with this amazing voice. First off, I just thought his name alone was too darn cool so I turned it on. I was never a fan of reality television, so I thought "A reality show w/ average people wanting to be an AMerican Idol?" I was hooked the first time I saw it and now I just can't wait to watch Season 3 (although I don't think anyone can top Clay's talent - am I wrong?). Anyway, this is all about Clay, right? I think my most favorite performance was when he did "Solitaire". It was such a short song, but every second was so compelling, it was like I had to peel myself away from the television. I loved Ruben as well, but I must say I was and always will be a huge Clay fan.
I've been following every program and article that Clay is featured in since American Idol. I don't know what it is about him, but after a fix or two of Clay each day, I am just so happy. I admire his talent but most of all his entire personality. I find it funny because the more I read about him, the more similarities I see that he and I share. I admire his love and dedication to children. I'd be proud of him if he is a huge singing success or even if he fulfills his dream of having his own classroom to teach. I studied music therapy in college and have a degree in that now. I am not currently practicing, but I can relate in terms of everything that Clay believes in and practices. He has an incredible spirit that just shines through every song, every spoken word, even in his smile. He says he is not perfect but I'd say he is pretty darn close to perfection in my book.

*If anyone knows when he may be in or around the Detroit area, please let me know. I would do anything to meet him or see him, even just to thank him for all he has done and provided for me. His cd is very much needed as a positive message in this day and age. The first time I sat and read through some of his lyrics, I was just brought to tears. And everytime I hear him sing, my heart is full. God gives everyone a special talent and meaning in their life and He has surely blessed our beloved Clay. I know Clay must thank God every day for all he has seen and all he has overcome. He is a true measure of a man.  :D
songbird457
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2003, 07:25:09 PM »

Oh goodness, I failed to mention earlier that when my mom told me that Clay was goofy looking, I begged to differ. I look at Clay before he had a Hollywood "makeover" and I still think he is just too cute. Clay, I just love you to pieces!! :D
lmurr
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2003, 12:54:16 PM »

Hi, my name is Linda and I'm from upstate New York and I'm totally obsessed with Clay.  I listen to his CD over and over.  Although I think is voice is much purer and more wonderful than his CD.  I wish he would do a CD of old classics - along with some new ones.  I wish Clay was on TV more.  I stayed awake to watch Jay Leno and all they gave Clay was a few minutes at the end of the show.  They sucked us in - anyway - I'm a big fan and respect Clay for sticking to his values.  and I LOVE HIS VOICE.  Hope you can handle all of this attention, Clay.

Another #1 fan of yours
Jexter
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2003, 06:43:17 PM »

My real name Kathy and I'm from Minnesota.  I am 39, married with 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a hamster who is much like the energizer bunny in that she manages to stay alive despite the close quarters of so many predators!

Anyway, I love Clay. In fact, my family (husband and 2 kids) would say I'm obsessed with Clay. Intellectually I know this can't be healthy, but I gave up trying to curb my obsession long ago. I reasoned that because I have very few excesses in my life, I deserve a bit of a treat. Now I just have fun with it.

Anyway, I like Clay for many reasons, but I have yet to figure them all out. I'm one of those many older fans who has never obsessed over a performer before but who finds herself inexplicably drawn to Clay.

So far, I’ve identified the following factors that contribute to my “illness.”

First, I love every one of Clay’s physical attributes. Without getting too graphic, I’ll just say that his dreamy eyes and endearing smile make me weak-kneed every time (I’m especially drawn to his lip-biting habit.)

Second, I am in awe of his moral character. I love that he actually has beliefs and convictions. This alone is a rarity, but Clay takes it even further by living by them. His courage and strength are inspiring.

Third, I love Clay’s performing skills. He has tremendous charisma. His confidence and humor allow him to connect with an audience in a way I’ve never seen before. His AI2 concert which I saw in Charlotte during a business trip felt like a group of old friends getting together for an evening full of great times.

Fourth, I love Clay for his voice – esp. his range, breathy style, and vocal interpretation of lyrics. He has an innate talent for being able to do just what he says he wants to do - sing songs that require him to emote. He understands lyrics and is able to convey their meaning vocally. That  is a gift. I am hoping his next CD will have a love song so emotional and steamy it will make me cry.

Finally, and perhaps one of the more important reasons I like Clay is that his convictions and personal goals have made me reevaluate where I am at in my life. What do I believe in? Am I living by those beliefs? It feels as if I am experiencing a mid-life crisis and that this 24-year old kid is the cause. However, he is also the force that is getting me through it.

I remember reading something Clay said...."If you live life right, then you don't have to worry about what other people say or do".  Inspired by Clay, I have been making adjustments to my personal and professional lives so I can better align my actions with my beliefs - without fear. As Clay also said, "the rest is in God's hands".

Clay has been a gift to me on many levels.
Anonymous
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2003, 10:37:06 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I've really enjoyed reading about all of you, so I guess it's my turn...

My name is Cindy & I live in a lovely rural community, about an hour north of NYC.  I'm in my 40's, a married professional working for an Engineering Firm, no children, one cat (who honestly acts more like a dog) and I have a true love for 'all things Clay'.  Wink:

From the first time I heard him sing at the AI2 audition, his amazing vocal talent simply blew me away & I knew I was "hooked" (ie. my screen name~ HookedOnCA).    

When Clay was initially voted off AI2, I continued watching because somehow I KNEW they'd bring him back for the Wildcard Show & that he'd succeed!  What a glorious day that was for Clay and for All of Us!!!

Of course, the rest of Clay's Journey is now musical history.  

Over the past year, this charming, talented young man has made me laugh;  made me think (about what the Real priorities in life should be~ Giving back to my community, helping others less fortunate than myself & making a difference in children's lives);  and it goes without saying, whenever I hear Clay sing, he makes my heart swell with joy & I smile : )

My sincere THANKS to ALL of the wonderful Moderators on this site, your hard work & dedication is appreciated Far Beyond Words!  To my fellow Claymaniacs, you all sound so nice, I Love your posts & being able to share with you each week!

And then to CLAY himself... if you ever get to read these posts(!):

Always know that your "Revolution" has far surpassed the music  industry.  

YOU are making such a positive, wonderful difference in the lives of our nation's children~~~ including those with Special Needs & those who simply need a Good, Caring role model to look up to & emulate in their adult life!  

It was so nice saying hi to you all  :!:

Who's next...........
HookedOnCA
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2003, 10:44:13 AM »

Ooops... the above post came out "guest", but I was logged on???

Anyway, it's from me... HookedOnCA! :D
Renee*
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2003, 11:22:20 AM »

My name is Renee' and I'm from Warren, Michigan (a suburb of Detroit). I'm divorced and I have two kids, Valerie 21 and Vince 18.  Valerie is in her last year of college.  She, like her favorite American Idol, wants to be a teacher.  Vince is a freshman at MSU.

Valerie and I are both big fans of Clay and were able to go to three of the AI summer tour concerts. (Detroit, Cleveland and Albany)  :D I'm glad she still wants to go to concerts with her mom, we really enjoy each others company.  I tell both my kids that they keep me feeling young!  I'll be hitting the BIG 5-0 in January. :roll:

We didn't watch any of the first season of AI but boy oh boy, we got hooked on season two and didn't miss a single episode. We liked Clay from day one and voted for him alot. He has an amazing talent and I'm glad he's getting the opportunity to share it with all his fans. I work at a local middle school as the attendance clerk.  Some of my co-workers tease me about being a "Clay groupie." One even said that I should quit my job and become a promoter for Clay. If I could, I would because Clay is a sure thing. My one sister thinks I'm crazy for driving all the way to Albany for a concert. I was able to get front row floor seats at the last minute...I would of been crazy to pass that up!!    

I'm just happy for Clay and his success and I know he'll go far. I'm proud of him and his values and how he's not letting the music industry change him.
Clayfan100percent4ever
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2003, 08:43:05 PM »

My name is Holly and I live in Bremerton, Washington.  That is in Washington State not DC.  I have 2 children.  My daughter is 8 and my son is 6, both of them love Clay.  Probably because of me  lol.  I have been a Claymate since he sang Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me.  That was the first time I had seen him.  I used to work nights, so I didn't get to watch the first few episodes.  From then on I was hooked.  I am looking forward to seeing him in December.  And I will have tickets when he comes for his tour.  LOL I know I will.  Even if I have too beg, borrow or steal.  LOL Thanks for letting me be here.  I really appreciate being able to talk to other Claymates.
claynaidian
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2003, 10:09:19 AM »

Well there is not much to tell about me I live in Yorkton Saskatchewan and attend The Yorkton Regonal high school. I have a twin sister and an older sister. I am the youngest. 8) I real don't like reality shows, I didn't evan watch the first american idol or canadain idol. I only whant to see the auditions. but I got hooked. I seen clays audition, I think he looked better than. :oops:
I don't own a fan site but I want to start.
hey can any of you tell me were I can download invisable the video?
kate
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 12:12:35 PM »

Hi
I'm new at this but I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that support Clay. I really can't tell you the exact reason I think so much of him and his music but I do know that we need someone like Clay to change the type of music played on the radio. It's not all bad but  a good majority of it is. I can't believe that some Dj's think the words to his songs are bad. Don't they ever listen to what they play everyday? I also think that they are afraid to play his music because it would mean giving in to US. Please everyone keep supporting this young man. Hes who we want to hear and if it means buying his CD to prove them wrong then I'll buy one every week! I truly believe that God gives everyone a gift to use as they will. Clay has been blessed with not only the gift of his voice but the goodness he shows us all. No Clay you're not perfect but what you represent is what we want to pass on. Thanks Clay and thanks all of you Clay supporters.                                     "Kate"[/list]
Mad4Aiken
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 06:22:59 PM »

Hi, my name is Madison. I am 17 years old and I live in a small town in New York.
I first got into Clay during his performance of Build Me Up Buttercup (yes, I know that's late). I admit it; I was one of those "American Idol is all about image" people. Then my friend, who knows that I want to be a teacher, told me about this guy on AI who was a total geek and a teacher! I thought this notion rather funny, so naturally I just had to check him out. From the very first note, I was in love and have been in love ever since. Thank you to my frind Kate for her music suggestion that night.
My best Clay experience was at the Buffalo concert. He paused during his speech to clear his throat or something and I decided to be crazy for once. I screamed out "I love you Clay!" at the top of my lungs. Clay laughed, said "I love you too Hunnie!", and winked. THUD!!!
His talent and his overall outlook on life is inspiring. There is just one more thing that he needs; Clay, if you're out there, GET SOME SLEEP!!!!
Madison
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx