gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:49:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 290
Total: 290

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 Go Down Print
Author Topic: OCD SUPPORT GROUP - SESSION 1  (Read 117392 times)
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »

Hi, Glory!
I'm so sad you have no one to talk to at home!  But it seems that that is the case for most of us.  I am lucky that I have a teacher I work with who really loves Clay, too.  She listens to his music all the time, and we talk and goof around about him all the time, and it is so much fun!!!  But...I don't think she really has OCD.  But I'm lucky to have her.  I also have a daughter that is 21 that I can pretty much tell everything to and I can talk to her about Clay. (I almost typed that I can talk to Clay about her! I wish....................) She went with me to St. Louis to see Clay and we're going to go to 2 concerts this summer.  I posted this once before, but I actually sent Clay a gift (this is when I knew I really had OCD)  and I was too embarrassed to take it up to the post office in our small town, so she mailed it for me!  She's a good girl.
BUT...........  when it REALLY comes down to talking about SOME things, this is the only place I go.  I had admitted things here that I have not admitted to anyone else.  I did not, and will never tell my husband that I have sent Clay 3 letters and a gift!  Then I think he would really go off the deep end.  Because for now, he hasn't been giving me too much heck.  I don't like to keep things from my husband, but some things are better off unsaid.
You know, even admitting here that I have sent Clay 3 letters and a gift, I feel myself blushing a little.  How crazy is that!!!!!  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has sent him letters or gifts.
Oh, confession is good for the soul!
Woodstock :D

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
CFCF
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2004, 09:54:39 AM »

Well Clay may inspire creativity, but all I gotta say is there's an awful lot of art I never got made cause I was on Claymaniacs! shock:  Maybe I'm at a stage where I need supervision :D
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2004, 03:09:35 PM »

Quote from: Gwyneth
...There is clearly a CD.  If it's an OCD.  Shudder.  HELP someone.  There's no doctor for such a problem!!!

Laughing: Gwyn, there may not be a doctor, but when there is no cure, what good is a doctor?  Or maybe Clay is the cure.  Can he be the cause and the cure?  Deep thoughts to ponder.   :mrgreen:

Quote from: Glory
...nobody in my house understand,or is willing to listen to me about Clay.

That's why you have Claymaniacs Glory!  When Mr. P starts going on and on about fishing, or politics, or computers, or whatever the subjet du jour is in my house, it always reminds me of how he may get sick of hearing me talk about Clay.   Laughing:   So I try not to do it too often.  I know my limits!  Such as, when his eyes start to glaze over, or roll back in his head?  It's time for me to shut up.    Wink:

Quote from: woodstock854
You know, even admitting here that I have sent Clay 3 letters and a gift, I feel myself blushing a little.  How crazy is that!!!!!  I'd be interested to know if anyone else has sent him letters or gifts. Oh, confession is good for the soul!

Giving gifts is also good for the soul woodstock!  That said, I confess to only ever sending Clay a card.  It was after he signed his contract with RCA.  I sent him a funny 'Congratulations on your new job!' card.   8)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2004, 03:21:19 PM »

Gwyn, there may not be a doctor, but when there is no cure, what good is a doctor? Or maybe Clay is the cure. Can he be the cause and the cure? Deep thoughts to ponder.

Yeah, Pamela- Clay Addiction:  Cure-To see Clay, to hear Clay, to read about Clay.  Prognosis to actually be cured-Not Good because the more you use the cure the worse the Clay Addiction becomes! LOL

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2004, 01:03:24 PM »

ONCE UPON A TIME I WAS FEELING SORRY FOR MYSELF.
MY HUBBY WAS SOOOOO ANTI CLAY THAT I COULD NOT MENTION HIS NAME, PLAY HIS MUSIC , WATCH HIM ON TV, NOTHING.

AND ALL OF MY FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS NUTS, SO I NEVER MENTIONED HIM AGAIN TO ANY OF THEM. THEY JUST DO'NT GET IT.

I DO NOT CARE IF I AM 100 AND HE IS 14, HE IS A GIFT, HIS VOICE IS GORGEOUS, HE IS BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT.
 HE MAKES ME FEEL YOUNG AGAIN.

BUT ALAS. I COULD NOT SHARE MY FEELINGS. NOW IT IS WONDERFUL TO HAVE DISCOVERED THIS GROUP. THERE ARE SO MANY OF US WHO ARE ALONE IN OUR FEELINGS. :(

THE ONE BLESSING I HAVE IS A SON AND A GRANDSON WHO BOTH LIKE CLAY. AND WHEN THEY VISIT (WHICH IS ONLY ABOUT TWICE A YEAR), WE TALK ABOUT CLAY. MY SON WAS ONCE A MUSICIAN AND APPRECIATES CLAY'S TALENT.
 WHEN CLAY IS ON TV OR ANY MAGAZINE, THEN MY SON CALLS MY LONG DISTANCE TO LET ME KNOW. :)

WHY ARE HUSBANDS SOMETIMES SOOOO DENSE???? :?

JAN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S LIPBITE

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2004, 01:17:06 PM »

WHY ARE HUSBANDS SOMETIMES SOOOO DENSE????

That's an excellent question since you and I are in the same boat when it comes to spouses!  There are so many whose spouses are fans--it's too bad ours can't be more like theirs!

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2004, 03:46:26 PM »

I am having a Clay attack today after spending all morning in the dentist chair I need some comfort.none at my house so I need aclay fix,Just do not know where to go to get one We need a new video or something, agreed.                      Glory

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2004, 04:01:35 PM »

Hey, Glory!  I know how you feel!  I've been off and on site all day!

Anyhow, I made a montage if want to see something a little different.  Go to Members Corner. "Touch" Montage.  Hope you enjoy!

Glory
Enthusiastic

hi
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2004, 08:26:27 PM »

hi her,thank you for the montage simply Clay wonderful.     Glory(note)

woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2004, 12:05:25 AM »

Hey, Jan, Her, and Glory!

I was gone all day to Chicago with a high school group, and we just got home, it is almost 2:00 am, but I just had to check in around here to see what is going on.  (Have OCD anyone?)

Jan, I couldn't agree with you more about Clay.  You're son sounds great!  How nice of him to call you!  My daughter is the one who understands my OCD, although she isn't a sufferer, just a fan.  I only get basic cable, and she gets all the channels in her college dorm, so whenever she sees Clay on something, she tapes it for me.  She bought me a magazine once that had a Clay poster in it!  Pretty cool, huh?  Since I haven't had a poster of someone in MANY years.

You know, I can understand if someone does not like Clay.  But how can someone DISLIKE him?  It's not like he's out there bashing anyone or doing anything offensive.  Maybe people who dislike him are a little threatened by his popularity... I don't know.

Glory, if you need a new Clay fix, have you seen the TITN video that was never released?  (I think I told you about it once before. There's bare feet in it.)  It's a good fix.  I downloaded it from somewhere, not sure I remember where, but if you haven't seen it and would like to, let me know and I'll try to figure out where I got it.

Gotta get some sleep.  I listened to Clay CD's almost the whole way to Chicago on the bus.  Really made the time fly.  

Oh, and Jan, I've always liked your signature.  Sinatra and Elvis HAVE left the building.  And who better to compare Clay's popularity to than those two?

See ya tomorrow,

P.S.  When shopping in Chicago, I found a t-shirt with a picture of Woodstock on it and it says: I'm Woodstsock!  I had to get it.  If we ever have a claymaniacs convention, I will have to wear it!

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
jclay
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2004, 02:52:33 PM »

I'm so glad I found this thread.  I have a husband too who just doesn't get it and my son just laughs at me.

Has anyone else gone for faster meals - more computer time, less kitchen time?

Is your house messier than it used to be, say a year ago?  No time, must feed the disorder - computer computer.

Does anyone else get mad when the power goes out or another family member stays on the computer too long?  There might be a bit of news out there that us OCDer's need to know.

Does anyone else get giddy when you hear that another server has crashed when someone's tickets go on sale?

Well, off to serve hot dogs for supper. They don't take too long!
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2004, 03:06:14 PM »

jclay, I feel your pain!  My 12 yr old has OCD, but not as badly as I!  My 16 yr old son has finally accepted my love for Clay, he just rolls his eyes now!  And my hubby, well, he'll never get it!

Hi Woodstock!  I read  your post earlier about not lying, but some things better left unsaid.  That's me totally!  My hubby has no idea that I've written poetry in homage to our wonderful superstar nor does he have a clue that I've made three DVD Videos, burned CD's or made my own montage!  I want to keep peace in the house if you know what I mean!

To be able to share with all of my Clay friends my feelings, my ups, my downs about Clay, has given me the sanity I thought I lost when I discovered how enthralled I am with Clay. shock:

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2004, 03:52:05 PM »

My house has not been reall cleaned  since I met you guys,this is more fun.Well my 17 year old just left for the Prom she looked drop dead gorgeous.She came home from getting her hair done i was playing Clay she turned him off said you are not playing Clay on my cd player.That is how bad it is at my house when it comes to Clay.I tried to explain to her but she will not hear me.I have 6 hrs.of peace with my Clay tonight, I could wring her neck at times.can anyone relate.She had me in tears of course she had to bring up that his song was among the worst 50 songs.There are times i would like to disown her.ha!!Glory (note)

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2004, 04:26:36 PM »

Yeah, Glory, kids can be so cruel.  Most of the time, they have no clue that they're really hurting us.

Before my 16 yr old son accepted that I'm a Clay Fan, he made fun of me.  I had a heart to heart talk with him about it.  I explained that as his mom, I do and do for he, his sister and his dad.  Coaching sports, toting he and his friends, working full time, cooking, cleaning, etc. etc.  I asked him point blank what did I do for myself and his answer, of course was nothing.  I explained well now I do do something for myself.  Being a Claymaniac entertains me, has helped me discover a few things about myself, not only have I met wonderful people here, but thru this site in person I now have some wonderful friends and last but not least, it makes my happy!

Maybe a heart to heart talk may help?

Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2004, 08:27:40 PM »

Hi everyone...

I know we all know each other already which makes it nice and comfy in here.  I am 49 years old, married to my hubby for 29 yrs,
 mother of three children 27, 25, and 22,and I too, have OCD.

I am lucky that my husband likes Clay, but,even though he doesn't say anything, I know he is a little upset with how much time I devote to the computer.  I haven't sat and watched TV or a movie with him in ages.  I make excuse after excuse.
I'm finding I don't want to go out socializing..I rather be home with my Claymaniac friends, enjoying my Claytime.

I have done things I would have never done in the past.  We were out for dinner on Easter, and a bunch of relatives started to make fun of Clay and I , who normally don't stand up to people, went a little beserk.  I told them if they didn't stop, I was going to leave . If they couldn't respect Clay, they didn't respect me!  They were all shocked...but...they stopped!!!!

Well,here's a deusy for ya....my youngest son's name is CRAIG....I was talkng to my sister-i-law last night and she asked me how the boys are....I said, Clay is.... (meaning Craig is....)....oh my God, I wanted to die.  It wasn't the first time I slipped, but, it is the first time someone realized what I did!

Yep,,,I've got it too...and I've got it bad!

Susan

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2004, 12:57:59 AM »

Hey, girls!

I popped in to see what was going on and as usual, there are some very touching stories.  It doesn't matter if this thread gets 25, 100 or 1000 posts.  I'm glad I started it. Every story is important, and it is so good to share.

jclay:  MORE COMPUTER TIME?  you mean, of course, IF YOU DON'T LET ME AT THE COMPUTER I'M GOING TO HAVE TO GO OUT AND BUY MY OWN!!!   MESSIER HOUSE?  you mean, of course, JUST WALK OVER IT.  I'LL GET TO IT IN A YEAR OR TWO.  FASTER MEALS?  you mean, of course, FIND IT FOR YOURSELF IN THE FREEZER!!!

Her - I'm so glad to know you.  Let's continue to share what we leave "unsaid" with our husbands.  We could be doing a lot worse, for heaven's sake.

Glory - give up trying to convince your kids.  Hey - WE GET IT!!!  Just talk to us.

Being a claymaniac entertains me greatly, too.  I love the time I spend here, although a great portion of it is in the middle of the night when everyone else is asleep.  I just can't do it every night.

Bocaqueen - I'm glad you found this thread.  I know what you mean about rather being here than doing other things sometimes.  But it's MY time.  OMG, you're the second person I have read that has said they called a family member "Clay".  Too, too funny.  I'm dreading when I do that; my family will NEVER let me forget it.  All I have to say is... that goes to show you what is on our minds!!!!!
Love you guys,

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2004, 01:11:52 AM »

Good morning!  I've not called anyone Clay yet, which surprises me 'cause my son's name is Kyle.  Pretty close!

Woodstock, as you can see by the time, I'm up at the crack of dawn for my computer time.  I began getting up early when my daughter was a baby and read the newspaper with coffee.  My quiet time before anyone was up and about.  Now it's not newspaper time, but computer time and coffee and of course, my Dell Musicbox playing Clay!  Newspaper gets read as an afterthought and if I have time.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2004, 10:41:38 AM »

good afternoon my dear friends,I get so tickled at all of us .yes her i said tickled ha!Wood stock my dear ,thank you for this thread I  just love you all so much           Glory

Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2004, 12:12:37 PM »

Glory, good thing 'cause we wouldn't want  you "ticked" LOL

Laughing:  Laughing:

claymore
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2004, 01:53:18 PM »

i know i have OCD. and proud of it.
at first i didn't realized how bad it was until one night i was preparing for bed when a strong emotion just overpowered me, like a deep regret that  AI2 was over.  i cried and cried until i was spent. my thoughts were, where i go from here when there is no more clay every tuesdays and wednesdays?  and  i want more clay and more clay. then i realized, aha, the internet i am sure there are others like me. so i surfed and surfed on every clayboards, until i found claymaniacs. i lurked for several weeks  then i decided i need my own computer. i made a good arguement on how important to have 2 computers in our household. since i am the family treasurer i declared we can afford another computer. actually i really meant i can't afford to miss anything that involves clay. i think my husband suspected something to that effect but said nothing. from then on when i need a clayfix i'll go claymaniacs.com. and i have never been happier.

DO I WANT TO GET WELL? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T TAKE ME TO THE DOCTOR, I AM HAPPY SUFFERING OR ENJOYING OCD.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx