gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:50:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 365
Total: 365

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK APRIL 19  (Read 3535 times)
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« on: April 19, 2004, 02:52:36 AM »

HAPPY PATRIOTS DAY, EVERYONE!!!!

Now that the Tour is over, the news may be a lot harder to "scrape" up for a little while.

Note to self:
(Hey, it that why Pamela asked for help???????)

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 03:00:40 AM »

NOW FOR A LITTLE NEWS:

No longer idle for `Idol'

Camp Clay picks up stakes after Aiken's tickets go on sale

CLIO

THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION

Sunday, April 18, 2004

By Paul Janczewski
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Clio-- Camp Clay at the Clio Area Amphitheater disbanded Saturday morning after the troops -- faithful fans of singer Clay Aiken -- accomplished their objective.

Armed with a handful of tickets to one or both of the "American Idol" runner-up's August concerts here, the loyal groupies returned to their home bases tired and sunburned but happy.

"I did the time for the crime, and I'm getting what I came here for," said Dorothy Kester, 27, of Mt. Morris, minutes before she secured 16 front-row tickets -- eight each for Aiken's two shows, Aug. 20 and 21.

Wearing a hat proclaiming herself General Dorothy of "Camp Clay, Tent No. 1," Kester was amazingly subdued when she achieved her mission.

"I'm too tired," she said.

Small wonder. Kester began camping at the head of the line at 8 p.m. Tuesday spending 96 hours with others engulfed in Clay-mania.

Kester said she and about 75 others endured "bitter cold nights and sunburned days" in their makeshift camp.

She said she slept no more than 10 hours and had been up for the past 40 hours straight as the countdown to Clay tickets overwhelmed her and others who idolize the boyish singer with the powerful voice.

Another, much longer line wrapped around and behind the amphitheater main office -- those seeking tickets to other shows at the venue this summer, such as Lynyrd Skynyrd, Journey, Crosby, Stills and Nash and others.

The two lines were merged shortly before ticket sales began, said Jessica Pearce, marketing manager.

Nancy Nephew, 51, of Tuscola County was the first person in the secondary line, arriving at 4:45 a.m. Saturday to purchase tickets to see Willie Nelson, Vince Gill and Neal McCoy.

Was it the lack of sleep that made these Aiken fans forgo family and creature comforts to nab tickets to a performer some critics liken to a glorified karaoke singer, Nephew and others were asked.

"More power to them," Nephew said. "If I was younger, I might have, too."

Richie Siegel, 20, of Clio, thought otherwise.

"I think they're a little crazy," he said, preferring tickets for Journey.

Siegel got in line at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and said not much would make him camp out for days -- unless it included tickets to Wrestlemania.

Music lovers were entertained by several area radio stations that had dispatched vans to the site.

Minutes before her turn to buy tickets, Melissa Laurain, 34, of Howell, was weeping.

Tears of joy? Excitement akin to the Beatlemania of days gone by?

"I'm just so tired, Laurain said.

When prodded, the truth came out though.

"I'm embarrassed to say it's because we're getting our tickets," she said. "This is like a party coming to an end."

Pearce said the turnout was the largest for the opening day sales for Clio's concert series. People have always camped out on the Friday night before tickets went on sale, but having Tuesday squatters is new.

"This is phenomenal," she said.

None of the shows was sold out by the end of the day Saturday, Pearce said. But e-mail tickets orders are expected to be processed today.

M LIVE

Clay "is" the "News"
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 03:05:19 AM »

THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT JON STEVENS, BUT I STILL WANTED TO SHARE:

He's 16, he's terrible and he's ours

GLENN GAMBOA

April 18, 2004

Democracy isn't always pretty.

Hang on, Sparky. This isn't The Buzz getting all political and stuff. We're talking about "American Idol" wannabe John Stevens.

The 16-year-old redheaded retro wunderkind from upstate really hasn't sung a note on key in weeks. His performances are shaky at best, cringe-inducing at worst. And yet, he rolls along in the competition, even as Randy Jackson tries not to slam his head into the table and Paula Abdul struggles to find nice ways to say, "You stink!"

Stevens' success has fans talking of a new method of voting. He has fans praying for a reality-show twist to shake up the standings. He has spawned theories about how the system is broken.

Yeah, for two seasons, people marveled at how well audiences sifted through the RJs, EJays and AJs to get to the actual "Idol" talents. Sure, there were quibbles - yes, Tamyra had talent; no, Josh Gracin didn't. But, more or less, it all worked out fine.

The thing is: The "Idol" system isn't broken. This is what happens in the music industry. Sometimes the John Stevenses win - as the multiplatinum careers of Britney Spears and Evanescence show. Get used to it. Or work to fix it. Such is democracy.
Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc. |  Article licensing and reprint options

NEWSDAY

Clay "is" the "News"
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 03:56:06 AM »

Quote from: clayMaine-iac
HAPPY PATRIOTS DAY, EVERYONE!!!!

Now that the Tour is over, the news may be a lot harder to "scrape" up for a little while.

Note to self:
(Hey, it that why Pamela asked for help???????)

::waves to Deanna::

Actually, with less news, both our jobs should be easier!
Honestly, it's a rare day that Clay isn't mentioned in some kind of news somewhere...
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 03:57:47 AM »

AIKEN FOR CLAY

Clay-mania has officially hit Central New York.

Tickets for this summer's Clay Aiken concert in Syracuse went on sale this morning.

Dozens of people were lined up out side the ticket office waiting for a chance to see the American Idol runner-up.

Some of those standing in line said it won't be their first Clay experience.

"I've seen him a couple of times in concert... and I'm planning on seeing him one more time in the summer...so this is gonna be my 2nd time seeing him thsi summer. I'm just hoping to get good seats, said fan Kimberly Wagoner.

You can catch the concert on July 24th at the County War Memorial. Tickets can be purchased at the OnCenter box office or by calling (315) 472-0700.

NEWS 10 NOW
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2004, 03:59:15 AM »

PEOPLE MAGAZINE MENTION

April 26, 2004
SECTION: CHATTER; Pg. 104

When Did You Know You Were Famous?
Anne Marie Cruz

CLAY AIKEN When I went to lunch in Beverly Hills one day and there were nine photographers across the street taking pictures of me while I ate.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2004, 05:14:06 AM »

ANY BIT OF NEWS IS BETTER THAN NO NEWS OF OUR CLAY.  WE STILL HAVE OUR TRL COUNTDOWN TO KEEP UP WITH.  HOW ABOUT HIM BEING IN LONDON.  WILL WE BE ABLE TO FIND OUT ANYTHING ON THAT OR SEE OR READ SOME NEWS?  THANK YOU PAM AND DEANNA.  WELL WITH NOT TO MUCH NEWS TO CATCH UP WITH SO  I GUESS I CAN SPEND MORE TIME ON MY VOTING.

LORRAINE
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2004, 06:11:26 AM »

Pamela,

I love it!  Can you imagaine Clay's face when he was trying to eat while 9 photographers are outside trying to get pictures of him.  You know how he loves that stuff.  On the other hand, what a compliment!

Yes, Deanna, any little news is better than none.  Hopefully, we will hear about his London trip.  

Thanks,
Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
liney23
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 08:12:02 AM »

This may have been mentioned last week, so pardon me if it was...

I finally got last week's TV Guide read and in an article on Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey, they were talking about how his first solo album tanked.  

Laughing:   "...says the singer, who will likely record another solo album -- this time, according to his father-in-law, positioning himself more as a 'young Michael Bolton or Clay Aiken.'"   Laughing:

What a hoot!  Made my morning!!!

Like I said, pardon me if this was submitted when that TV Guide first came out.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 11:37:19 AM »

Quote from: liney23
Laughing:   "...says the singer, who will likely record another solo album -- this time, according to his father-in-law, positioning himself more as a 'young Michael Bolton or Clay Aiken.'"   Laughing:

How funny is that?  Oh, and here's the funniest part - Nick Lachey?  He is 30 yrs old.  But he wants to be a 'young' Clay Aiken.

Haha!   :roll:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 12:53:40 PM »

NEW APPEARANCE ANNOUNCED

Sept 19 West Springfield, MA

THE BIG E

Free show w/paid gate admission!!

Seating for evening concerts begins at approximately 5 p.m. The concert arena will be cleared following the 4 p.m. show. Saving of seats is not allowed under any circumstances. Personal belongings are not to be left unattended. Unattended articles will be removed.
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2004, 03:16:40 PM »

Pamela wrote:
::waves to Deanna::

Actually, with less news, both our jobs should be easier!
Honestly, it's a rare day that Clay isn't mentioned in some kind of news somewhere...

:: waves to Pamela ::

Caught redhanded again!!! :roll:  :roll:

To quote outthere:    Ding Dang it!!!!! Twisted:  Twisted:

Deanna

Clay "is" the "News"
huckleberry
Clayamateur

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2004, 05:12:20 PM »

Good news for Ohio!!  We just found out that Clay will be in Dayton, Ohio at the Nutter Center at Wright State on Aug. 28th.  Tickets go on sale April 24th....THIS SATURDAY!!!  Here is the website for the Nutter Center...It is a big place!!

http://www.nuttercenter.com/
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2004, 05:44:23 PM »

I AM SO EXCITED.  HE IS COMING TO THE BIG E.  I ALWAYS WANTED TO GO THERE AND NOW I WILL GET THE CHANCE.  ANOTHER TIME TO SEE MY CLAY.

LORRAINE
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx