gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 403
Total: 403

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EXPRESS YOURSELF  (Read 105686 times)
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #420 on: January 15, 2005, 06:04:05 AM »

THIS IS A POST FROM GLORY:  I'm helping her out by copying from the OCD thread:

I FELL IN LOVE WITH A GUY NAMED CLAY,THE RESONS ARE MANY,HIS SOUL, HIS LOVE THAT SHINES SO BRIGHTLY,HIS WITT, HIS LOOKS,BUT NOT RIGHT NOW I AM ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS.
THE PEOPLE I HAVE MET GIVE ME A RENEWED SENSE OF LOVE AND COMPASSION,EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT AND YET NOT SO DIFFERENT,
IT IS GOOD TO TALK TO FRIENDS AND SHARE NOT NOW FOR I AM ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS,I NEVER TAKE TIME TO REFLECT LIFE IS SO HECTIC I NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND SMELL THE ROSES SOMETIMES NOT RIGHT NOW FOR I AM ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS, BUT IN ENDING THIS AND THINKING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE SAID,I AM NEVER TOTALLY ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS BECAUSE YOU ARE WITH ME PROBABLY THINKING THE SAME THINGS ,BUT FOR THIS BRIEF MOMENT WHILE YOU ARE SLEEPING I AM ALONE WITH MY THOUGHTS. LOVE GLORY.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #421 on: January 20, 2005, 02:37:45 PM »

Thanks for bringing that over here, Her.  Beautiful words.  Glory is so expressive and lyrical.

Love ya,
LadyC

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #422 on: January 20, 2005, 08:40:39 PM »

Glory,

I enjoyed this in the OCD, and I'm glad Her brought it over here.  You have written a very beautiful essay.  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »

The Love in my heart is forcing me to make a new start.

Causing me to pause and look around.

No need to look , because I found love upon the stars.

Love wrote upon the stars.

I found it in my heart, tears and soul searching.

I found you beyond my tears.

Tears I cry when I miss our love, because you are not near.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2005, 06:37:08 PM »

OMGoodness Shannon, that's beautiful

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #425 on: January 23, 2005, 03:11:43 AM »

SCOTT AND GRACE[/u]
Yes, it's that time again!!! Ha ha, you all thought the show was a goner but oh no...thanks to Jerry, he's graciously agreed to pay for this installment of the lovable loonies lovingly longing for each other even as i write this!! Today, Grace is in a bad mood because...well, what's new with that?? Anyway, Grace's bad mood stems from an incident earlier in the week...
=====================
Grace: "I am in a bad mood, Scott. I just thought i would tell you that!"
Scott: "No kidding! You? In a bad mood??? What will they think of next???"
Grace: "I'm not kidding! I am in a bad mood!"
Scott: "I'm not kidding either! Listen, you're ALWAYS in a bad mood!! Remember the time you were in a bad mood so long you forgot how to talk? On second thought...STAY in a bad mood!!!"
Grace: "You may make your little jokes but i am in a bad mood!"
Scott: "Okay! Now you have my attention! It takes quite a lot to get me to take my eyes from the TV screen while golf is on but you win!! Why are you in a bad mood??"
Grace: "I don't know why! I just am!"
======================
Later, Grace gets a visit from her friend...
======================
Lily: "Well, well, well! I have FINALLY caught you at home and not cleaning for a change!!"
Grace: "Well, today is your lucky day Lily! I am in a bad mood but don't know why."
Lily: "Oh okay! I love playing Guess Why Grace is in a Bad Mood!"
Grace: "Well, i KNOW why i'm in a bad mood but i don't know how to say how i feel to anyone. It's almost like i have no common sense!"
========
HA HA HA! I gotta laugh at that line! HA HA HA ~AC~
========
Lily: "Oh, come now! You have common sense! I would worry once we progress to advanced learning but common sense will do."
Grace: "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!!! You don't know how much it means to me to hear you say i have common sense!!!"
Lily: "Hooray! Grace is happy again and..."
Grace: "But i'm still in a bad mood!!"
===================
Scott arrives home from work and instantly asks why Lily is there
====================
Scott: "GRACE!!! I wanna know what Lily is doing here this instant!!! You hear me??? Tell me this instant!! I wanna know instantly!!! Tell me at once! This instant!!!"
Grace: "She's visiting!"
Scott: "Oh, well, hello Lily! Nice to have you here!"
==============
Later, after Lily leaves, Scott tells Grace about his day at work
===============
Grace: "Ok, Scott! How was your day at work???"
Scott: "Well, i ran into an old friend of mine."
Grace: "How old was she?"
Scott: "Huh?"
Grace: "Well, we both know you have a long string of women waiting for you at every corner. Don't be modest."
Scott: "What???"
Grace: "Do you want me to name them?"
Scott: "WHAT???"
Grace: "Let's see...there's Hazel, Bertha, Gertrude, Gloria, April, Augustine, June, Jan, and a girl you once called "March" but i have no idea why she got a nick-name like that!!"
Scott: "You're dreaming! I thought you had common sense!"
Grace: "I think i have common sense. Lily said i did."
Scott: "I'm glad Lily was here to tell you that!"
==================
Later, in the bedroom...
==================
Grace: "What do you want to do in celebration of me having common sense?"
Scott: "Do you know how to read a book?"
Grace: "That's a silly question!! Of course i don't!!"
Scott: "Well, once you learn how to read a book, then we'll celebrate."
Grace: "The cover on this book under the bed is blank!! It just has a bunch of X's on the cover. I can't READ that book!! But over there is a book with a cover and i can read that!!! Yes!!! I can read a book!!! Finally!!"
Scott: "What about the contents inside the book??"
Grace: "Huh??"
=================
The next day...Scott gets a call from a friend of his he hadn't seen in awhile...
==================
Scott: "Yes, yes... can't wait either. We've been planning the trip for some time now. I can't wait to finally meet you! Goodbye!"
Grace: "Who was that??"
Scott: "A friend of mine. We just got through talking about a trip we're planning. It's been in the planning stages for months."
===================
Later, the friend calls back with some alarming news
====================
Grace: "Oh, okay Scott! If you say so!! I'm not jealous. So you've been planning a trip somewhere, right? And...uh-oh, the phone again!! Hello...he's right here!!! It's for you!"
Scott: "Hello! What??? Are you serious??? This can't be!! Why on earth would such a thing happen over night like this?? Tell me this is all a joke or something...i can't believe it!!! After ALL of the planning and getting this settled...why?? WHY??? Well, if that's the way you feel okay! I won't be happy with it of course!! Maybe i'll talk to you some other time. Goodbye!"
Grace: "Who was on the phone???"
Scott: "My friend. Would you believe it?? After all this time and anticipation and build-up, my friend has a change of heart and doesn't want me to make the trip! Of all the...*&%#()@+ it doesn't make sense!"
Grace: "I'm sure the readers of this won't make sense of what Jerry just wrote either..."
Scott: "Oh, Jerry didn't write this episode but anyhow, speaking of Jerry. Hey, Jerry...what's going on??"
Jerry: "Hey, you two! There's nothing going on here. I'm just sitting here at 5:34am. I have spoken to AC and i have paid for this episode and if it scores really well with the audience, i MIGHT pay for more."
Scott: "Yay!!! Hooray!! It's been boring walking around with no dialogue to speak of."
Jerry: "And isn't it great that AC can think of those lines you just said to me?? Dialogue...speak...hahahahahaha!!!"
Scott: "Oh yeah, how great of AC" Roll eyes
Jerry: "Sorry about your friend changing their mind in the blink of an eye like that."
Scott: "So am i! I don't know what the deal is with that."
Jerry: "I'm sure everything will work out for the best."
Grace: "Hey, Jerry! Lookie over here...have you noticed me any?? I feel like a new woman tonight!"
Jerry: "Yes, i think i recall somewhere AC writing your lines and saying you just discovered you had common sense. Congratulations."
Grace: "Yes, and i wanna thank you for paying AC to write this episode...even though we don't know what we're gonna say until it's being typed, we wanna thank you anyway!"
Scott: "Yes Jerry! I also wanna thank you for hiring AC to write this episode...he's written all the others and so why change is my policy. If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Jerry: "I can't believe AC would write a line like that. I think i oughta have a talk with him tonight..."
Grace: "Oh, Jerry, before i forget. There's a rumor going around that you and AC have the hots for each other! Is this true???"
Jerry: "What??? Yuck!!"
Scott: "Don't pay any attention to her, Jerry. She saw someone on the OCD post two hearts with you and AC's name in them. You know women! They see hearts and have an entire love affair played out in their heads! But, Jerry, i must tell you something..."
Grace: "I bet AC will post the heart at the end of this episode...wanna bet??"
Jerry: "If AC does anything of the kind, i'll rip him to pieces. What did you wanna say, Scott??"
Scott: "I think Grace has the hots for YOU!"
Grace:
Jerry: Laughing Laughing Laughing
Grace: "Scott has flipped out totally!!!"
Jerry: "Alright you two! I gotta get going!!! If i pay for more episodes, AC will write some words for you to say about it okay! Okay then...goodbye..."
=============
Later...
=============
Grace: "I can't believe you'd tell Jerry i liked him in that way!"
Scott: "What?? I always hear you moaning his name all the time in your sleep."
Grace: "Don't be silly!!! Jerry has a beard! I hate guys with beards! I don't wanna go around a guy with a beard!!"
Scott: "Heh heh heh, i know! Why do you think i have a beard too!!! Hahahahahahaha!!!!"
Grace: "Oh i don't know! I thought it was to hide your face??? Heh heh heh right back!"
===============  
and so ends the installment of "Scott and Grace"...perhaps there may be more?? Who knows what will happen?? Stay tuned...
================

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #426 on: January 23, 2005, 09:11:04 PM »

Shannon,

That was very beautiful and heartfelt.  Thanks for sharing with us.

AC,

Yes, and i wanna thank you for paying AC to write this episode...even though we don't know what we're gonna say until it's being typed, we wanna thank you anyway!"

I love this line.  Scott and Grace are hilarious as usual!

Prissy

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2005, 10:58:32 AM »

Of course i am stunned by the death of Johnny Carson. I expressed how i was introduced to his career at the OCD yesterday. 1925-2005.

Today is the birthday of one of my all-time favorites, Ray Stevens. He turns 66. I've been a fan of Ray's since the mid 80s when i heard the song "Mississippi Squirrel" and THEN i heard "It's Me Again, Margaret" later on down the road and from that point forward i always enjoyed Ray.

In the early '90s i expanded my fandom of Ray and learned a lot about his past. He had been an R&B-driven Pop singer in the late '50s down in Georgia with the likes of Joe South, Billy Joe Royal, Jerry Reed, and Tommy Roe. He had a knack for singing love ballads really, really well but it was novelty songs that would make him a star. In 1960, 3 years after his first sessions, he wrote "Sgt. Preston of the Yukon".

This single, released on NRC, was on it's way to becoming a hit and that's when King Features Syndicate took notice and realized Ray never asked permission to write a song about their character. NRC pulled the single off the market and it peaked on the Bubbling Under the Hot 100 chart...close to breaking into the national Hot 100.

In 1961 he made his way to Mercury Records. "Jeremiah Peabody" was his first release...it flew to the Pop Top-40, #35-pop, and from that point forward, Ray Stevens was a complex mix of R&B, pop, gospel, novelty, and later country music.

His biggest hit at the time came in 1962: "Ahab the Arab". This song hit #5-pop and #9-R&B and sold over a million copies. Mercury continued to release singles on Ray between 1962 and 1965. Only one would reach Top-40 status while the others would peak just below the Top-40, which was still a remarkable achievement when you stop and think he was having hits with novelty songs...a form of music looked down upon by high-brow critics.

And so, Ray left Mercury for Monument in 1966. He reached the Top-40 again in 1968 with a serious song: "Mr. Businessman". This one hit #28-pop, his highest charting Hot 100 single since 1963's "Harry the Hairy Ape" hit #17-pop and #14-R&B. Afterward, Ray was thrust into the "super star" category because EVERY single issued after "Mr. Businessman" all made the 100 position popularity charts of the time. Both the Pop and Country charts were 100 positions.

Ray became even bigger when he joined the Andy Williams TV show in 1969. That same year he hit the Pop Top-10 for the first time since 1962. This 1969 song was the novelty, "Gitarzan", which hit #8-pop and sold a million copies. The follow-up, "Along Came Jones", did well and reached #27-pop.

He went serious again in late 1969 with "Sunday Morning Comin' Down", which hit #81-pop but made #55-country...making this his first country hit. "Have a Little Talk With Myself" came in early 1970 and hit #63-country.

1970 was the biggest year for him to date. He had several Hot 100 hits that year for his newest label, Barnaby... "Sunset Strip" reached #81; "America, Communicate With Me" hit #45; but the crowning achievement was the gospel flavored "Everything Is Beautiful" which instantly hit #1-pop; #1-AC: and #39-country. The song sold over 3,000,000 copies and won Ray a Grammy.

In early 1971, the novelty "Bridget the Midget", was released, which hit #50 here but zoomed to #2 in England. Later that year he hit the AC and Pop charts with "A Mama and a Papa" and "All My Trials". His big hit of 1972 was "Turn Your Radio On", which hit #17-country and #62-pop earlier that year.

It would be late 1973 before Ray would have another country hit: "Nashville" hit #37.

In 1974 Ray had the biggest hit of his career. "The Streak" hit #1-pop; #1-U.K.; and #3-country and has sold 5,000,000 copies!! "The Moonlight Special" and "Everybody Needs a Rainbow" peaked at #74-pop and #37-country respectively.

"Misty" in 1975 brought Ray his second Grammy. The song hit #3-country and #14-pop. His version of "Indian Love Call" hit #38-country and #68-pop. "Young Love" hit #48-country in early 1976.

After 5 years with Barnaby {1970-1975}, Ray moves to Warner Brothers in 1976. This is the label that marketed Ray more country. His first several singles all were hits. "You Are So Beautiful" hit #16-country; "Honky Tonk Waltz" hit #27-country; and the novelty "In the Mood", where he clucks the song like a chicken, hit #39-country and #40-pop in early 1977. "Dixie Hummingbird" hit #44-country in 1977. "Get Crazy With Me" hit #81-country.

In 1978 he was back on the Country Top-40 with the #36 hit "Be Your Own Best Friend". Then in 1979 he had his biggest hit for Warner Brothers...the satire called "I Need Your Help, Barry Manilow" which hit #49-pop; #85-country; but hit #11-AC. He left Warner Brothers for RCA in 1980 and none of his singles would make the Hot 100 again.

While with RCA he released many singles and some of them hit the charts: "Shriner's Convention" hit #7-country, his first country Top-10 since "Misty" in 1975. "Shriner's Convention" would also be Ray's final Top-10 on any chart. His next several singles all hit the Country Top-40. "Night Games" hit #20-country; "One More Last Chance" hit #33-country; "Written Down in My Heart" hit #35-country and "Where The Sun Don't Shine" reached #63-country during 1980-1982. He left RCA in 1982 and went back to Mercury in 1983. "My Dad" was his only hit single, hitting #64-country in early 1984.

He went to MCA in 1984 and had a major "comeback" while being marketed as a novelty singer full-time. From 1984-1994 Ray enjoyed million selling CDs and in the '90s million selling home videos...the now out of print fan magazine, Music City News, named Ray 'Comedian of the Year' every year from 1986-1994. His 1992 home video "Comedy Video Classics", hit #1 on the Home Video chart and was named Bilboard's Home Video of the Year in 1993. From 1991-1993 he performed at his own theatre in Branson, Missouri.

Ray became a video star in the '90s with his comedy videos now that his songs were not being played anymore and with vinyl single's going out of print in the CD-age, the market for singles slowed down and that was what originally was keeping Ray's name on the charts {sales power}.

In 2002 he issued the single "Osama Yo' Mama" and it hit #2 on the Single Sales chart and #48-country. This was Ray's first hit on the country chart since "Power Tools" in early 1992.

As of now, this has been a somewhat long but at the same time abbreviated look at the career of Ray Stevens: The King of Country Comedy.
==============

Hello Prissy wave Thanks!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

hi
« Reply #428 on: January 24, 2005, 12:10:16 PM »

I wrote this whyle I was waiting at a bus station during the JNT in Atlanta GA.

You can learn a lot at a greyhound bus station. In the past year, I have seen stations from Panama City Beach, Florida to Ft Wayne Indiana. It took almost twenty four hours to get to Indiana on a Greyhound bus.
   I will not be traveling quite that far today. Only about six hours to Atlanta Georgia is what I will be traveling. I am somewhere in Alabama, and this Greyhound station is out in the middle of no where. The station is a small building with two pay phones and three rows of benches. For some reason, they put the Greyhound bus stations in the worst parts of town, or there is nothing around. No shops or gas stations to even buy a candy bar or a soda.  I guess this is the price one pays for not driving themselves or skipping an airplane ride because of fear.
SHANNON WILLIAMS.
Wrote on the JNT Joyful noise tour December 2004
Atlanta Georga.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

OCD
« Reply #429 on: January 30, 2005, 12:31:48 PM »

AC,

Very nice tribute to Ray Stevens.  I have always liked him, too.

Shannon,

I think what you say about bus stations must be true.  Once, I picked Hubby up at a bus station in downtown Fort Worth, because he was flying on military planes, and that was the only way to get home from Abilene, (only a two hour drive, late at night and no planes leaving at the time.)
As I recall,  even though downtown Fort Worth is mostly very nice, this was not the best street to be on late at night!

Now the buses I have been on have been very nice with reclining seats, some with TV monitors, and air conditioned.  Of course, these have been chartered busses.  Are Greyhound buses like this, too?

When I went to Europe on tour, we had chartered buses that took us everyplace, unless we were flying in somewhere.

As a young person, and before I could drive, friends and I would ride the city bus to downtown Fort Worth to go to the movies or shop. These buses were very plain and not as luxurious as more recent buses I have been on.  (Remember, I'm 57 years old, so more people used buses back in the "old days.")

I hope you have been comfortable on your bus trips.  I still encourage you to fly some day.  I think you will like it.

My friend JoAnn and I flew to Charlotte in October for Clay's concert, and we are going to fly into North Carolina again for the Social in April.

Take care,
Love,
Prissy

ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #430 on: January 31, 2005, 02:06:07 AM »

AMERICAN TYLENOL[/u]

Pest: "Welcome once again to American Tylenol. I am your host, Ryans A-Pest. Each week we ask YOU, the viewers at home, to play a part in deciding which of these finalists will become the next big pop star and in so doing, cause you to take industrial strength pain killers and medication. American Tylenol has no set rules. We make them up whenever controversy arises so we don't have to deal with the public's out-rage. We have 3 judges located in the peanut gallery. Simon, Randy, and Paula...now, don't let these dead beats fool you any. They bite worse than their bark.
===================
American Tylenol is brought to you by Tylenol and by Bayer. Also by Children's Eye drops.
====================
Pest: "Alright we've made it down to the wire ladies and gentleman. Let's see what the peanut gallery had to say.."
Paula: "I think that the show is as good or even better than Idols 1-3."
Pest: "What about the acts you've been seeing the last hour??"
Paula: "Huh?"
Pest: "Simon, what about you? I am sure YOU have something to say..."
Simon: "I happen to agree with Miss Goody-Goody over there. I feel this show is quite possibly the best season we're having. Bar none, Tylenol 4 is the greatest of them all. Tylenol 4 is so great it makes Tylenol idol 3 seem like it's in the past."
Pest: "Okay...hmmmm. While i try and figure out that british gibberish we'll talk with Randy. Randy...what did you think?"
Randy: "AHHHH!!!! Don't bug me dawg...me dawg's gonna jump you dawg's in a minute if yo' dawg don't shuddup! dawg!"
Pest: "Alright...it seems like we're getting nowhere fast. I'll tell you what i think. I think Tylenol idol is the greatest thing that has happened to pop music since the day i took over for Casey Kasem on American Top-40."
Simon: "Oh come off of it. Just come off of it okay??? You taking over for Casey Kasem is NOT the best thing that has happened in pop music since the creation of this Tylenol idol show. I'll tell you what the greatest thing was. It was the day Clay Aiken lost on Tylenol 2."
=============
The audience erupts with cheers and applause at a Clay mention
==============
Randy: "Simon dawg boy is right. Had Clay won, look at where he'd be. Tied to this show forever and under our noses 24/7. I am glad the Clay dawg man didn't win."
Paula: "I LOVE Clay Aiken. Oooh, what he does to me with those montagé's. Hot, hot, hot! I feel like i could melt right into him everytime i see him perform. Oooh, i would LOVE for him to perform for me one night! I LOVE Clay Aiken. Boy oh boy. He's smokin' hot! Yes, hot hot hot! AHHH! AHHH! AHHH! EEEK! EEEK! OH BABY! AHHH!! AHHH!!"
Simon: "Paula, you are pathetic!!!"
Pest: "Paula, just WHAT are you saying to us???"
Randy: "Paula dawg-ette, this is Randy dawg...please tell us what you are meaning by that out-burst. Do you love Clay Aiken dawg by any chance??"
Paula: "Oh boy i LOVE Clay Aiken. hot hot hot! AHHH!!! EEK!!! EEK!! He's on fire!!! Hot hot hot!!! AHHH!!!! Come on Clay baby i'm waiting!!! AHHH!!! Hot hot hot!! AHHH!! EEEK!!!"
Pest: "Security, i need you to get here in Studio F-U right away and get this woman off the set!! She's peeling off her clothes and moaning for Clay Aiken. Paula, this is Ryans A-Pest. Get a hold of yourself."
Simon: "She already has!! Oh my god!!!"
Randy: "Oh Yeah!!!!"
Paula: "AHHH!! EEEK!!! AHHH!!! Hot!! Smokin'!!! AHHH!"
===================
American Tylenol this portion was brought to you by Summer Breeze, the finest skin lotion and lubricant on the market.
====================
Pest: "Alright, welcome back to American Tylenol. I am Pest, your host, and now we've really gotten down to the wire. It's neck and neck. It's really heating up. I am speaking of Paula and some lucky man from the audience who won the chance during commercial break to win a loving from Paula."
Simon: "Is THAT lucky???"
Randy: "Now that i think about it dawgs, Tylenol 4 is the best of ANY of the previous tylenol's."
Simon: "We KNEW that already!! You've said it before!!"
Pest: "Paula and the man are just now ending. By my watch it was 10 minutes."
Simon: "By my watch, which is never wrong, it was only 9 minutes and 45 seconds."
Randy: "Oh man! I feel sorry for that dawg...he was 15 seconds too early! You can't win 'em all!"
Paula: "Ooooh, I love that man!!! AHHH!!! AHHH!!! I LOVE Clay Aiken too!!! AHHH! Hot hot hot hot hot!! AHHH!!!"
Simon: "Somedays it just does not pay to wake up in the morning."
Randy: "Morning, dawg? I rarely wake up THAT early. I get up out of bed at least no latter than 4pm. Gee-whiz dawg! Never wake up in the mornings! Believe me! Never do it!! Are you hearing me, dawg? NEVER wake up in the mornings!!!"
Simon: "Yes, i wake up in the mornings and i read the paper; surf the internet for articles about me and best friend, Donald Trump, and then i go to Claymaniacs and see what awful things some are saying about me in their posts. Good lord! What was that???"
Randy: "Well, it looks like a little dog, dawg."
Simon: "I'll bet it's Raleigh Aiken."
Randy: "Raleigh??? You sure???"
Simon: "Yes, i am sure!"
Randy: "That means Clay dawg man is in the house!"  
Pest: "I hate to interrupt this little chit-chat but we're almost out of time. This is Ryans A-Pest saying so long. Tonight, somewhere among this madness, we eliminated some of the finalists. We did this part during commercial break and we saved the good stuff for the camera. Pest....OUT!!!!"
====================
American Tylenol is a Pain Reliever program. WHAT??? Tune in next week for some more thrilling escapades from Pest and the Peanut Gallery...but if your stomach can't take it and you get a headache, please, take some tylenol!!

wave Hello Prissy

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #431 on: February 04, 2005, 09:11:46 PM »

FEBRUARY BIRTHDAYS

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYZ FOR HIM     
------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYZ FOR HIM

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, CLAYZ, AND WE KNOW IT!

CANADIAN CLAY FAN AND POET!

NOW CLAY'S NUMBER ONE!

BLPT'S FUN!

YOUR POEMS AND LIMERICKS SHOW IT!

HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY, SANDRA!
MY WISH FOR YOU....THAT CLAY WILL APPEAR IN CANADA!

HUGS,
PRISSY

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLYGIRL06     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLYGIRL06

Dear girlygirl, Happy Birthday,
A Mississippi fan of Clay.
You bake, model, and are home schooled,
(You're Clay's "southern sweetie," that's cool!)

You like Clay's eyes, lips, and his smile,
And Clay, "keep that hair red," a while.
In jeans, you say, he looks so fine,
(And songs you like: "The Way" and "Shine.")

Make-up, clothes, hair are tops with you,
And modeling, you're good at, too.
Enjoy your "17th" Birthday!
(Bake cow patties; send them to Clay!)

Have a lovely birthday, Lauren.
May this year bring you a Clay concert!

Hugs,
Prissy

thank you everybody!!!
i had a great birthday!  

Hi prissy!
yes i saw it and it's great! thanks so much :)

LAUREN

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODSTOCK     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOODSTOCK854

Dear Woodstock, a Happy Birthday,
Central Illinois fan of Clay.
Tutor and teaching assistant,
(You also garden, hike and camp!)

You like Clay's smile; no stubble, please.
Suit or tux? What puts him at ease.
You respect his spiritual side,
And that his faith, he won't deny.

"The Way," "Run to Me," "You Were There,"
You love these, also, "Solitaire."
"MOAM," "I Will Be Here,"
Are favorites, too, fill you with cheer!

Four times in concert, you've seen Clay,
With daughter, she's a fan, you say.
St. Louis, IT: Solo, twice;
JNT, Chicago. How nice!

A Moderator on this site
And OCD founder, that's right!
Enjoy your "51st" Birthday,
(With hubby, 3 kids, camp with Clay!)

Have a delightful day, Debbie,
You are a good friend to many!

Love,
Prissy

Frankie, Prissy, and Janet!!! Thanks for the Birthday wishes!!!

Prissy - Thanks for the great poem on the birthday thread. You are a very special lady for doing that for all of us.  

Now, I MUST go or I'm gonna be late!!!
Woodstock  X34

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYAIKENGURL205     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYAIKENGURL205

ClayAikengurl, Happy Birthday,
Louisiana fan of Clay.
A ninth grader who is home schooled,
(And wants to be a vet, that's cool!)

You play piano, like to sing,
Love animals, clothes, Krispy Kremes.
You draw and make jewelry, too.
(The Backstreet Boys? Oh, yes, they'll do!!)

You love Clay's laugh and clear, green eyes.
That "Southern Accent" is so nice!
Untucked shirt in green, brown, or blue,
(A look on Clay, that's fine with you!)

Favorite songs: "Solitaire," "The Way,"
"Don't Save It All For Christmas Day."
"Ave Maria," Clay, please sing
For you, also, the song, "I'll Be."

Clay's "Oh, my goodness" is your choice,
His love for God, and, wow, that VOICE!
Clay topics for us on this site,
You create; they are a delight!

Have fun on your Golden Birthday.
Your "quicinera" is today!
Sweet girl, Happy "15th" to you!
(And someday, a Clay concert, too!)

Have a wonderful day, Diana!
Let us know about your "quicinera."

Hugs,
Prissy

Thank you very much everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday! Yall are all so great. And Thank you very very veryy much to Prissy- I loved that poem thats very creative of you and very sweet. Well its morning here so not much has been going on, but I stayed up till 12:30 to watch Clay on KIMMEL- OMG I loved it. He looked great! Hope to see him on Scrubs. Thanks again EVERYONE and God Bless You ALL. You are all great friends!    

~*Diana*~

Thank you so so so so so so so so so so so so so much for that wonderful poem. It was very thoughtful of you and I loved it. Thanks!!!! I hope to have a great birthday- I'm sure I will after that poem. You're a great friend God Bless u always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~*Diana*~

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN     

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN

A Happy Birthday to you, Jan,
In Sarasota, a Clay fan!
Full time artist with art shows, cool!
(And Clay's resident artist, too.)

You love Clay's grin, freckles, lipbite;
In his white suit, he's quite a sight!
That leather pants and snug jeans trend?
(Just right for those sudden knee bends!)

Your favorite song, "I Will Be Here,"
Lifts you up; fills your heart with cheer!
"Invisible" and "You Were There"
Are also songs for which you care.

With Clay fans, three concerts you've seen:
Fort Wayne, Milwaukee, Tampa, keen!
Your son is a big fan of Clay.
(If only Hubby, we could sway!)

With your cats, Tessie and Princess,
Also, your family and good friends,
Have a great time this special day.
(To your studio, let's send Clay!)

Have a marvelous day, Jan.
Here is your beautiful Clay etching for all to enjoy.

Love,
Prissy

YOU WONDERFUL OCDERS

PRISSY YOU ARE A DOLL AND I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR DEVOTING A WHOLE PAGE FOR ME.
I AM OVERWHELMED. ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THE NICE COMMENTS ON MY ???? BIRTHDAY.

I LOVE ALL YOU PEOPLE SOOOO MUCH, YOU MAKE MY DAYS BRIGHTER.

AS SOON AS MY COMPANY LEAVES I WILL BE BACK MORE OFTEN.
WE ARE BUSY, BUSY, BUSY, HAVING FUN.

AGAIN, LOVE YOU ALL AND

PRISSYS POEM IS SO VERY, VERY, SWEET.

PASS THE CLAYNEX PLEASE!!!!

LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE,
JAN

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY CL4CLAY     
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY CL4CLAY

Cl4clay, Happy Birthday,
An Ohio fan of our Clay.
Office assistant, yes, that's true,
And radio dispatcher, too.

Your special talent is you bake
Delicious cookies, pastries, cakes,
For weddings, parties, and for friends.
Your giving nature knows no end!

You love Clay's beautiful green eyes,
His mouth and long legs, also nice!
Clay in a tux or in a suit?
It matters not, in both, he's cute!

A favorite song of yours is "Touch"
And "Solitaire," you like as much.
Each of Clay's concerts, you have seen:
Columbus, twice, and JNT.

That Christmas Concert in Pittsburgh,
A painful incident occurred.
You hurt your tush, but not the tray
Of cookies that were meant for Clay!

You're special on the OCD,
And also, the BLPT!
With family, friends, enjoy today!
(To "rub" your tush, let's send for Clay!!)

Have a wonderful day, Evelyn!
I am posting a picture of your delectable
cookies and pastries for all to enjoy.

Love,
Prissy

Prissy - thank you for the beautiful poem. You are a true artist. I truly do feel blessed today with so many wonderful friends.

Oh My Gosh - what can I say? You are all the great, most wonderful friends a person could ever have . Thank you, thank you, for all the well wishes on my Birthday. I guess I'll have to confess - I am 77 years old today, but if you ask Clay - he says I act half my age.

Look at it this way girls, I've still got a lot to teach you all on how to make love to Clay. HaaaaaaaHaaaaaaa.

Thanks once again for all the wonderfull well wishes. My son is taking me out tonight for dinner and my daughter is fixing a dinner for me on Saturday, so that's how I'll be spending my birthday. And I promise not to drink too much!!!!!!!!!!!

Evelyn

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHERSWEET     
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHERSWEET

Heathersweet, a Happy Birthday,
Virginia Beach fan of our Clay.
But soon, another move for you;
To Jacksonville, NC, that's cool!

You love Clay's giggle and his smile
And his good looks! They do beguile!
Untucked blue shirt with jeans, you like,
With jacket in paisley or stripes!

"I Survived You" and "Run to Me"
Are favorite songs of yours, I see.
"Invisible," also "The Way."
You "hear the voice" on songs by Clay.

Clay concerts for you! SEVENTEEN!
Did I count right? That many seen!
And THREE TIMES YOU GOT TO MEET CLAY!
Pictures with him! Autographs! Yea!!

You are a loving and kind friend.
Your care for others knows no end.
Clay changed your life, opened your heart,
Gave you new hope, and a new start!

Enjoy your "33rd"" Birthday!
(And this year, more "meetings" with Clay!)

Have a wonderful day, Heather.
Hugs,
Prissy

I would love that. Thanks.
Thanks again.
Heather

I just wanted to thank you all for putting a smile on my face if only for a few minutes, I am having a rough time of it right now and to get out of my own head for a moment feels great.(i hope that makes sense).This birthday was the worst in a long time till i came to claymaniacs and saw all of your messages, so THANK YOU!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAKIN4AIKEN     
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAKIN4AIKEN

Oh, Shakin4Aiken, it's your special day!
An illinois student and fan of our Clay.

You like his fedora and shirts that have stripes.
His laugh, grin, and glasses fill you with delight!

"I Will Carry You" and "Mary Did You Know"
Are songs that you favor, "Kyrie," also.

Clay concerts you've been to: Chicago, Indy,
Solo Tour in Springfield! "Live" Clay's fun to see!

The "Keeper of Clay's pink shoelaces" are you.
May this "16th" Birthday be fantastic, too!

Have a great day, Kellie,
Hugs,
Prissy

You guys rock! Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy b-day! I did have a good one!

Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY AHUGECLAYFAN     
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY AHUGECLAYFAN

Ahugeclayfan, Happy Birthday,
An Oregon fan of our Clay.
Dental hygienist, Mom of three,
(And "Texan" several years, I see.)

Clay's smile is sweet, but, wow, his eyes!!
That SNL white tux! So nice!
A long jacket or any suit
Looks fine on Clay! (He's always cute!)

"MOAM" and "Without You,"
"No More Sad Song," "Solitaire," too,
Are tops, and "Mary Did You Know."
(He always sings with heart and soul!)

Clay concerts: the AI2 Tour,
In Seattle, the Summer Tour.
JNT, San Jose was last,
With daughter, three friends! (What a blast!)

You love his honest, caring ways,
It's refreshing, down-to-earth Clay.
Enjoy your "48th" Birthday,
(More "Claydates" with AdoringClay!!)

Have a wonderful Clayday, Linda.
Hugs,
Prissy

I can't tell you guys how wonderful it is to have so many birthday wishes and my own birthday poem! Thanks SO much. Your friend in Clay! Linda

Thanks for letting me know - no I didn't know that existed and I have been thrilled by all the birthday wishes and yur special poem! Linda

Clay love to you! Thanks for being such a great social coordinator! You and your poems make people feel special...Sue g.(AdoringClay)

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATER   
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATER

Dear Heater, a Happy Birthday,
North Carolina fan of Clay.
You plan major golf tournaments.
(That sounds fun, but is it intense?)

You love Clay's eyes; glasses are fine,
And, wow, his smile just really shines!
You like Clay in jeans and in green.
(You pretty much like everything!)

Clay's "I Know How the River Feels"
And "Measure of a Man" are still
Favorites; also, "I Survived You,"
And "Still the One" is lovely, too.

In Raleigh, five Clay concerts seen,
IT, Solo, and JNT.
Greensboro and Charlotte, Solo;
(You did not have too far to go!)

Clay stands up for what he believes.
He's his own person, that we see.
At a book signing, you met Clay!
(How fortunate you felt that day!)

You are a sweetheart on this site.
We feel your care in all you write.
"27" you've reached today.
(You're very close in age to Clay!!)

Have a fantastic day, Heather.
Love,
Prissy

WOW! What a wonderful way to get my day started!!! I don't normally come on before work, but I knew that I should today.

Thank you all for the wonderful things you said. Prissy, the poem is priceless.

I am so blessed to have found Clay and all the friends that he brought into my life. I have been lucky enough to meet a lot of you and for that I am greatful. I am so enriched because of what each of you brings to this site.

I hope you all have a great day and thanks again!

The day got off to a good start when I came here to check out the birthday thread. Prissy did a wonderful job with the poem (as she always does) and all of the heartfelt messages from all of you were a great way to start my day.

Heather

Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #432 on: March 02, 2005, 04:19:13 AM »

I saw him standing in front of the crowd
This man with a heart so full of love
For all the children forgotten by many
But loved so much by this wonderful man

He opened his mouth and the words poured out
HIs message of inclusion he explained
And he told how the children could teach us all
A lesson of  love and caring

And as I watched him standing there
I knew without  a doubt
That this is his real, true mission in life
And singing is a means to an end

So Clay take all the time you need
To take care of your kids
And we will be waiting when you return
To share all the love again

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #433 on: March 02, 2005, 05:44:12 AM »

Janet,

That was beautiful.  You really captured what is going on with Clay's life  right now.

We must not be selfish and let him do the work he was meant to do.

Thanks for sharing your heartfelt poem with us.

Prissy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #434 on: March 02, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »

Quote from: Claymaniac2000
I saw him standing in front of the crowd
This man with a heart so full of love
For all the children forgotten by many
But loved so much by this wonderful man

He opened his mouth and the words poured out
HIs message of inclusion he explained
And he told how the children could teach us all
A lesson of  love and caring

And as I watched him standing there
I knew without  a doubt
That this is his real, true mission in life
And singing is a means to an end

So Clay take all the time you need
To take care of your kids
And we will be waiting when you return
To share all the love again

[color=cornflowerblue]Wow, Janet.  Prissy is right.  You've said it all so beautifully.  May I include your poem with the prayer list I'll be sending to Clay's mother?

LadyC[/color]

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Claymaniac2000
UltimateFan

Clay's Butterfly

« Reply #435 on: March 03, 2005, 11:32:51 AM »

Lady C, I would be happy for you to include the poem. Thank you so much for wanting to include it

Janet Claymaniac2000
Hey Butterfly....Open up your weary eyes and realize.....It's a trip we're taking

BRETT-------WELCOME HOME
JULIE you are in my heart forever
windtalker
« Reply #436 on: March 03, 2005, 04:56:08 PM »

HI,

Just thought I would drop by and say hello. There are some extremely talented writers here!  Wow! Beautiful.

A friend requested I post some of my artwork here, so I am dropping off a picture for you tonight.  This particular drawing is one I call "Bright Eyes" and I sent it to Faye, some time ago, along with some other drawings I had done of Clay, back in the Idol days.  I always thought Clay's eyes just sparkled every time he performed.

This particular one showed up on Mothers Day special (in the Shrine) and therefore I am extremely proud to share it with you.

Hope you like it.......  Windtalker

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/windtalker64/BrightEyesClay2_edited.jpg
tessie
« Reply #437 on: March 04, 2005, 06:25:34 PM »

Windtalker,

Beautiful work....I wish I were as talented as you are!  I love the way you did his hair in the front....that is my favorite way. Striped shirt too!  Great eyes!  Oh heck...I just like the whole thing!
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #438 on: March 04, 2005, 06:30:19 PM »

Windtalker,

Very nice portrait!    Did you  use charcoal,ink or pencil?  I love protraits done this way.  The eyes are great and I love the details and shading.
  Also, welcome to the Claymaniacs site! shocking   It's nice to have you here.
JoAnn Moody

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #439 on: March 04, 2005, 07:06:09 PM »

I HOPE THAT THIS IS THE CORRECT PLACE TO EXPRESS MYSELF!!!!! I JUST REACHED MY 100TH POST    
   IT ONLY TOOK ME A YEAR TO SO
JoAnn Moody

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx