gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:00:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 305
Total: 305

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "I've Got a Crush on You, Sweetie Pie"  (Read 8814 times)
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2004, 07:11:43 AM »

I have only had three that really knocked my socks off in my lifetime.
A couple others came close. My first obsession at the tender age of nine, was Roy Rogers! My first movie star/singer scrap book! Really got mad at him when he married Dale Evans!  :mrgreen:
Movie Stars:
1. Humphrey Bogart - age 12 saw "African Queen" 13 times in a years time. (I now own the video) He was old enough to be my father and still holds a place in my heart. (*)
2. Nicolas Cage - not obsessive, but he's definately a HUNK!  shock:

(Notice a pattern here? I like the rugged or the slightly dorky types!)

Singers:

1. Elvis -  8)
2. Buddy Holly -   8)  8)  8) (The day music  died. Cry!:  Cry!: ) (**)
3. Mr. Clayton Holmes Aiken - NUMERO UNO!  shock:  shock:  :oops:  8)  8)  8) (***)

I can only echo everyone else about Clay. He brings out feelings that
are beyond explanation.  He IS the MOAM!   :D

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2004, 10:10:21 AM »

I really like reading the responses to this post. Looking over everyone's various answers I would have to say that my first major obsession would have to have been John Lennon. Since I was 15 years old or so my friends and I were totally in love with The Beatles. I rememer being devastated at the time of his death in December of 1980. I still am a major fan of his even now. Love everything he has ever done. But it's funny - my husband of 19 years cannot believe how taken I am with Clay. I have been captivated by him, and his metamorphosis since AI 2 wildcard show. I think my grown-up crush is even more severe than my teenage Beatle crush since I not only love Clay the entertainer, but am so in love with Clay the human being. He is such a wonderful role model and humanitarian - and has evolved into such gorgeous young man. I keep getting a kick out of imagining him reading our posts every day. He would not believe what he does to all os us - on so many different levels. He would be laughing his head off - I am sure.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2004, 10:55:00 AM »

OK SO I KNOW THIS WILL SEEM UNREAL - but remember it's Gramma posting. . . . . .

The ONE & ONLY celebrity crush I've ever had in my 60 years is Mickey Mantle. He was my hero and everything a young girl (from age 10 - 16) could ever imagine or dream about. But that's it! No Beatles, no Elvis, no Bobby Darin - I was always into sports and religiously watched each Yankee game to see my hero hit a home run.  Laughing: Ya, OK, I'm wierd  . . .

THEN CAME CLAY . . . . . . . . . . .
sjlogghe
SuperFan

Clay's Geography Tutor

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2004, 01:00:35 PM »

Hello everyone!  I found this topic very interesting, and found myself thinking about it.  Considering I am only 22 (well almost), I haven't really had that much time to have huge crushes on anyone.  

My very first crush was Joey McIntire, from New Kids on the Block.  They were the first concert I ever went to, and come to think of it they had been the only concert until Clay!!  I had the bedspread, the sheets, the sleeping bag, the dolls, everything was NKOTB!!  

After that, I'm sort of embarrassed to admit that I had a crush on Justin Timberlake.  It was in HS, when he was more young and innocent, and my best friend and I really like one of their songs.  So yes, that would have to be my next crush!

As for movies and tv, I've never really had any big crushes.  Oh wait, Josh Hartnett!!  Those cheek bones of his are to die for!!  He was awesome in Pearl Harbor, and he's from Minneapolis, MN, not far from me so I guess that was another reason I liked him so much!!  

And of course, the best and worst crush being Mr. Clay!!!!!!  The best because I think he is the most respectable idol in society these days to have a crush on, and the worst because no one but him has ever made me spend $300 on a plane ticket to fly to CA just to go to a concert!!!!  But it was very well worth it.  

So there is my list on crushes, I've never really been one to really cursh on stars, I keep more to the real world and believe me, I have plenty of crushes there!!!  Thanks for bringing this topic up, it's a good one!!!

Sarah

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for . . .
LOLA
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2004, 07:24:23 PM »

:D   Here goes !  As you know IM a senior CLAY FAN.But i have had very few crushes before Clay. But the ones I have had were huge. ELVIS since the day I saw him on ED SULLIVAN, anyone remember him? until the day he died. That day I compare to the day JOHN KENNEDY DIED. Total devistation.  Then along came JAMES DEAN remember him? he also  died young. Ive liked many singers, and liked many actors, over my life time. but to really be obsesed, i must say that this is the first time in a long while that I TRULY CARE wheather someone makes good or not, and iwant that for our CLAY.I agree with TESSIE,I could listen to his music all day, and watch him on tv 24 hours a day.  Well at least a few days lol Laughing:  there you have it , I have never gone to a concert before CLAY  I am totally taked with this marvelous young man.      Lola
CLAY'SJULIE
SuperFan

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2004, 07:47:28 PM »

I am a senior Clay fan. Fan seems l ike such a weak word,because I am totally obsessed. I sometimes feel a little guilty about this because I am old enough to be Clay's Mom. I used to very much like Frankie Avalon when I was in high school,but I neverhad a crush like this. I can't even explain it.Sometimes I feel like I should go to confession because I spend way too much time on everything Clay. I am a widow of 8  years after being married for 21  years,and my feelings have been practically dead for all this time,until Clay came on the scene. Everything about him is so appealing......but especially the special human being that he is and the example of what all people,men and women alike should be.The fact that he is also handsome,sexy,ULTRA-TALENTED, humorous,intelligent,gentle,kind,and every other good adjective also helps,but I am totally in love with him. Clay would be amazed and maybe not so thrilled that someone my age thinks of him the way I do,but  I cannot  help my feelings.They just are!  Clay has brought my heart back to life after so long,and I am really enjoying it,and even though I know that I can only dream about him,I hope that he finds someone wonderful and deserving of him someday,and I will rejoice for his happiness.

PRAYERS FOR OUR JJ AND ALSO FOR SWEET CLAY . AND FOR FAYE AND BRETT AND CLAY'S WHOLE FAMILY .
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2004, 08:09:23 PM »

Clay'sJulie... did you read the thread "To old to show how crazy I am about Clay?"  I think you will find that there are a lot of older Clay fans that feel the same way as you do.  Check it out. :D
Marshini258
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2004, 08:46:44 PM »

heres my list
5. Leonard DiCaprio
4. Tobey McGuire
3. Elijah Wood
2. Josh Groban
1. CLAYTON AIKEN
CLAY'SJULIE
SuperFan

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2004, 09:13:39 PM »

to Luv my Clay-------thanks for pointing me to that thread. I had not read it before. Now having read it,I feel that I am in the right company. It did me a lot of good to read the same thoughts from others who are my age and have the same feelings. We will continue to love and support Clay for as long as he wants to be in the business,and then some.

PRAYERS FOR OUR JJ AND ALSO FOR SWEET CLAY . AND FOR FAYE AND BRETT AND CLAY'S WHOLE FAMILY .
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2004, 10:08:57 PM »

My first crush would have been Paul Macartney, when i was very young.

John Travolta -
Patrick Swasey in Dirty Dancing and Ghost
George Cloney
Brad Pitt
Jon Bon Jovi - still love him but not like CLay
CLay is number one, I have never been this bad over someone including Jon Bon Jovi.

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
claynadian
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2004, 12:54:31 PM »

my list is very short. I'll start from when i was little Laughing:   :oops:  Laughing:
1)the origanal white power ranger (when it first came out :D I was five years old I thought he was beutiful. :oops:)
2)Anthony Micheal hall (sixteen candles :oops:  until I was nine  :D  raw!!)
3)Marshel Mathers 3 (EminEm)
4)Elijah Wood
5)Anthony Micheal Hall (The Dead Zone)
6)Rupert Grint (wooh!)
7) CLAY AIKEN!!!! (RAW!!!! the croud goes wild!)  :D  8)  :D  8)  :D  :D  8)  8)  :D  :D  8)  8)  :D  :D  8)  8)
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2004, 08:40:47 AM »

I think if he read all this he would probably blush a little and laugh.  That is probably the sexiest thing about Clay - he is continually surprised by the attention.  At the risk of sounding like Paula Abdul (who I adore), it's his vulnerability and humility that make him impossible to resist.

As for crushes?  At the risk of dating myself, I must say I had it bad for Kiefer Sutherland in Young Guns, John Lennon, Pierce Brosnan, and more recently Tim McGraw (wow, is he HOT) and of course CLAY AIKEN.

Aren't they great for making us older ladies swoon like we did in high school?  I forget I'm over 30 and a mother of two when Clay sings.  God bless him for that!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

cpnina
Clayamateur

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2004, 10:04:33 AM »

Other than OMC??

James Darren (from the 60's Gidget movies with Sandra Dee, Debbie Walley)
Sean Connery (yesterday, today, and tomorrow)
George Harrison (Beatles!!!)
RICHARD CHAMBERLAIN (another yesterday, today, and tomorrow here)
Kris Kristofferson but ONLY from "A Star Is Born" with Barbra-era
Sam Elliott(THAT VOICE...yummy)
Chris Noth (Law and Order, Sex & The City)

But Clay's in a league of his own, even so. I'm gonzo over him.

Penny
hopelessly devoted to Clay
and hopes she never gets over it!!
claymore
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2004, 11:30:03 AM »

my celebrity crushes before clay:
harrison ford
russel crowe
tom cruise
john kennedy jr.( may he rest in peace)

after knowing clay........he reigns in my heart.
shuishin
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2004, 01:25:21 PM »

Quote from: LuvMyClay
Ok, I have a question.  What do you think Clay would think if he read all this stuff?  I think it would really blow his mind.  :oops:  I would imagine he can't picture himself having this kind of effect on so many women, let alone so many women in such varied age groups.

don't forget men of all age groups!!! :oops:
MisCindysu
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 09:41:26 PM »

well lets see crushes been alot for me lol
1.Jon Bon Jovi
2.John taylor (duran duran)
3.Bret michaels (poison)
4.john snyder(dukes of hazard)
5.Mel gibson
6.ricky morton( pro wrestler don't expect anyone to know who he is ..LOL)
7.and of course Clay Aiken he should actually be at the # 1 spot!!!!but i was going down memory lane first..lol
I know theres probably more but I think these were my main crushes!!!!
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 10:03:43 PM »

:) Boy this topic takes me way back.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
wordsmith1223
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2004, 10:47:20 PM »

Thanks, Prissy, for starting this! What a fun trip down memory lane. Many of you fellow Baby Boomers were smitten with the same guys!
Somewhere in the forum, I posted whose Tiger Beat and 16 magazine photos I had on my bedroom walls as a pre-teen/young teenager, and they were:
1) The Monkees
2) Mark Lindsay from Paul Revere and The Raiders
3) Michael Cole from "Mod Squad"
4) Leonard Whiting from "Romeo and Juliet"
5) Dark Shadows! Quentin! (David Selby)

But before that, I became a huge Beatlemaniac after they were on Ed Sullivan. We screamed in the theatre at their movies "A Hard Days Night" and "Help!" The night John Lennon died, I stayed up all night with my husband at the time, listening to Beatles music and the radio -- people called in -- it was a seminal moment.
And of course James Darren! Moondoggie, man of my dreams!
And OK, maybe Adam West as Batman and Bruce Wayne.

During high school and college, I was mesmerized by Robert Redford (OMG! Sundance, The Way We Were! THUD!), Steve McQueen and Paul Newman. The bluest eyes you've ever seen. Kris Kristofferson in "A Star is Born" with Barbra Streisand was unbelievably hot. I think I saw it four times. John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever" -- that showstoppin' dance. Whoa.

In late '80s, had a big thing for Kevin Costner, but since he made those awful "Waterworld," "The Postman" and just went down a different career path, I got over him real quick.

A photo or interview of JFK Jr. would stop me in my tracks. What a man. What a tragedy!

Other entertainment fellas that have made me swoon or I would rate as Thud-licious, crush-worthy over the years:
1) Jeff Bridges -- I have a serious thing for him. Won't miss a movie.
2) Harrison Ford as Han Solo in the "Star Wars" trilogy
3) Rick Springfield as Dr. Noah Drake on "General Hospital" and as a singer (I even went to his awful movie in the theatre)
4) Sting, starting with The Police years...be still my beating heart
5) Bono of U2. He is a god.
6) Mel Gibson (those Lethal Weapon movies, and even his first, "Tim") -- hunka hunka burning love
7) Johnny Depp -- ooh la la in "Chocolat" and everything else
8) Josh Lucas in "Sweet Home Alabama"
9) John Corbett and Chris Noth in "Sex and The City" (and Samantha's hunky Smith -- Jason Lewis. Whew!)
10) The classy, charming Brits -- Hugh Grant and Pierce Brosnan
11) John Cusack (He is just the cutest in "Say Anything?")
12) Denzel Washington
13) George Clooney (esp. ER and "Ocean's 11")
and then there's Clay. It's hard to describe. Total fangirly at age 49. Can't ever get enough.
I think because we have the internet, and more access to photos, videos, downloads, and there's cable TV entertainment shows, we have a lot of Clack, and that in turn feeds our frenzy for more Clay fixes. We have videos and DVDs, CDs and MP3s....way more access than we had in our teens. And then he likes going on tour! He makes it easy for us to follow him to the ends of the earth. And once you've been Clayed, that's it...that energy, that spirit, that voice, that glow when he's on stage, the whole innocent well-mannered Southern geek-turned-chic with the unassuming sex appeal vibe. We are helpless to resist.
If this is a midlife crisis, let it last a long time. I'm lovin' it.
Here's to the sexiest men that make us feel alive! It's a good thing! And we are FOREVER YOUNG!
Cheers,
Lynn
moneyhoney4clay
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2004, 06:30:45 AM »

Quote from: lorraine
ITS BEEN SO LONG THAT AFTER CLAY MY MIND WENT BLANK.  

LOL so true!  Clay is the one and only, it's amazing he has the power to capture peoples hearts the way he does...

but before Clay I was into:

1) Ilia Kulik (hot blond Russian figure skating gold medalist in Nagano Olympics... I was a skater)
2) Alexei Yagudin (another Russian skater... I know I know)
3) Ashley Parker Angel of O-town (it's a guy!)
4) Pierce Brosnan
5) Ewan McGregor (Moulin Rouge, Down with Love, Big Fish... all great movies by the way)

6) CLAY AIKEN

But none of these stars made me want to help people or better society the way that Clay moves me! Wink:
clayistheway
Claymaniac

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2004, 11:31:48 AM »

I haven't really had any celebrity crushes before Clay.  I had one major crush which began 24 years ago and lasted a few years.  I'm not sure how many of you have heard of the group "Jan and Dean" (they sang "Surf City", "Little of Lady from Pasadena", along with many other songs/hits in the '60's).   Well, when I was 16, I went to the mall where they were performing (it was well past their "hey day").  I knew who they were but not alot.  They called me on stage.  I danced with both of them.  After the show was over, I saw them again outside the mall by the exit.  Jan (who in case you are unaware is a man) asked me to go with him -- so, without thinking, I did.   The limo went to his hotel.  Me, being such a naive young girl, didn't have a clue as to what he wanted.  I kissed him for a few minutes in his room and that was all.  I left as soon as I "caught on" to what he wanted.    When I got downstairs to the lobby, I saw Dean.  He offered to give me a ride home because I had driven with Jan.   But first, Dean asked me to come back to his room -- he needed to get some things.  He did get things he needed but he also gave me backstage passes, his home mailing address, his phone number, a picture and a few other things.  He gave me a kiss which was absolutely beautiful and I was mesmerized.   He drove me home and gave me another kiss.   After that day, I would go to a pay phone and call him and he'd call me back.  My father would never have let me call all the way to California.   Because of his age (he was 40 -- I was only 16), I had to keep some things to myself (like the kiss -- couldn't tell my dad that one).   I kept in touch with him a little bit for only a few months (although I bought every album he had made and I thought of him often for years to follow) and then I don't know what happened, I guess I started to grow up and my interests went in other directions.  Now I'm fixated on a younger man, a beautiful, wonderful man:  CLAY AIKEN

\"When was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you as opposed to someone who needed help?\" -- Clay Aiken
The amazingly talented, sexy young man who is Clay Aiken!!!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx