gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:20:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 508
Total: 508

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOLITAIRE? THE WAY? WILL SOMEONE HAND ME A GUN?  (Read 22905 times)
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2004, 03:17:44 PM »

HELLO  PAMELA & EVERYONE READING THIS POST (this is good news),

THANKS PAMELA FOR  THAT WEB SITE YOU POSTED A LITTLE WHILE AGO THAT LISTED RADIO STATIONS,  THAT YOU COULD CATEGORIZE BY DIFFERENT TYPES OF MUSIC.
 WELL I USED IT TO SEE IF THEY PLAYED  CLAY'S MUSIC-- THEN PUT THEM ON MY ON PERSONAL TRIAL RUN.  I FOUND ONE THAT TALKED NICELY OF OBC, SO I E-MAILED THEM AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD PLAY "THE WAY".  GUESS WHAT,  HE SENT ME THE NICEST E-MAIL BACK AND TOLD ME TO LISTEN BETWEEN 5-6 AND HE WOULD PLAY IT.  SO I LISTENED FIGURING HE WAS JUST PACIFYING ME--AND NOT ONLY DID HE PLAY IT,  HE ALSO SAID THAT THIS SONG IS FOR "ANGELA".
OF COURSE I E-MAILED HIM BACK AS SOON AS THE SONG WAS OVER  &  I THANKED HIM,  AND TOLD HIM HE WAS MY FAVORITE DJ IN THE WHOLE WORLD---HE E-MAILED ME BACK & THANKED ME FOR LISTENING AND HE WAS SO HAPPY THAT I HAD HEARD HIM DEDICATE THIS SONG TO ME.  HE TOLD ME HE THINKS CLAY'S FANS ARE GREAT.

SO I FIGURED I WOULD LISTEN TO HIM AGAIN TODAY  BETWEEN 5-6 AND HE PLAYED "SOLITAIRE"---  HIS NAME IS TOM HOLT (HE IS USUALLY ON AT AROUND 5 PM) & THIS IS A RADIO STATION IN WORCESTER MA.  WSRX 96.1.
SO IF ANYONE LIVES IN OR AROUND THIS AREA PLEASE PATRONIZE THIS STATION & TOM HOLT---HE ALSO SAID, THAT  HE HEARD THAT CLAY WILL BE COMING TO RHODE ISLAND THIS SUMMER TO PERFORM BUT NOT SURE OF THE DATE.  I LOVE THIS DJ.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS ON THIS GOOD NEWS---MAYBE WE HAVE HOPE--LET'S NOT GIVE UP.

TAKE CARE,

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2004, 03:28:23 PM »

I PURCHASED 9 The Way/Solitaire CD's and plan to pick up 2-3 more tomorrow at my local Wal-Mart. They still have a few left on the shelf. I guess I'm surprised too that this single hasn't been the seller that BOTW/TITN was. I love this version of Solitaire, however I wondered when it came out why they put The Way on it. If it wasn't for Solitaire I probably wouldn't have purchased the CD's as I have The Way on my MOAM CD.

I like The Way. It's a beautiful song, beautifully sung by OBC, however I think Invisible is much more marketable. Invisible is upbeat & rocky so probably fits better with the 'in' crowd at the radio stations. To me and I'm certainly no expert in this, but I think RCA seems to be making weird decisions regarding Clay. Don't they realise yet what a STAR they have?
Someone on this thread recommended shorting Solitaire to make it more desirable for radio play. I think that's a great idea.
houstonclayfan
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2004, 03:37:05 PM »

SO I E-MAILED THEM AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD PLAY "THE WAY".  GUESS WHAT,  HE SENT ME THE NICEST E-MAIL BACK AND TOLD ME TO LISTEN BETWEEN 5-6 AND HE WOULD PLAY IT.  SO I LISTENED FIGURING HE WAS JUST PACIFYING ME--AND NOT ONLY DID HE PLAY IT,  HE ALSO SAID THAT THIS SONG IS FOR "ANGELA".

SO I FIGURED I WOULD LISTEN TO HIM AGAIN TODAY  BETWEEN 5-6 AND HE PLAYED "SOLITAIRE"---  HIS NAME IS TOM HOLT

Woohoo !  Congratulations Angela !  You work hard for Clay and deserve it  :P   Please tell Mr Holt that we love him !   Wink:
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 03:46:30 PM »

Pamela:  
Just wanted to clear that up, tank you very much.

Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2004, 03:48:41 PM »

:D  Laughing: RCA released "The Way"/ "Solitaire" as a limited edition single because singles aren't suppose to sell that much, according to all the so-called experts.  :roll:

the current total sales of the single SHOULD have been what it opened up with a few weeks ago had stores carried enough and RCA made enough. the reason his first single sold so much in the first week was because it was his FIRST and everybody wanted a copy of "Bridge Over Troubled Water" plus all the build-up and anticipation helped too.

With "The Way" being so hard to find and NOT in stores when it was suppose to be, it caused some of the momentum to slow a bit. plus, no airplay comes into factor here. a casual listener who would've heard "The Way" on AC radio {forget Top-40 for awhile} in theory would've wanted a copy for theirself. but, if radio doesn't play a song, the casual listener doesn't think to go into a record store and buy a CD or a single. because they're unaware there's one for sale.

There's a popular myth that the radio listener isn't the same as the music buyer. some of that is true.

i rarely go into music stores because they have that rap and heavy metal blasting all over the speakers. if they're not playing that loud stuff, the workers are on top of you the entire time; pestering you with constant questions: "can i help you find something?" or "finding everything?" when all i want to do is look around on my own...

i'm flipping through the Manilow CDs minding my own business and some worker strolls up and says "can i help you find anything?" and i feel like saying: "i've found what i wanted! do you want to lift the CD from the rack for me or what?".

i know it sounds mean...but they're annoying even if they don't mean to be.

but, when Clay's next FULL album of songs come out the sales are going to be as big as his first album was because the demand will be so high. if Clay's next album goes PLATINUM or higher, that will be a HUGE statement and the pressure/stigma of being a one-hit wonder or a fluke should be over!

i hope RCA and Clay's management do EVERYTHING humanly possible to promote the next CD. radio tours, TV interviews, magazine stories, etc.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2004, 04:12:36 PM »

Angela,  I'm so happy that you are having a positive experience.  I haven't been so lucky.

I heard a shortened version of Solitaire played on an internet streamlined radio station.  They were having a contest, like they do each day at 1pm, where they play a new song and the listeners are then allowed to call in or e-mail in and say whether they want the song added to the play list.  Based on the listeners votes, the song will be "cranked" or "yanked" from the paly list.  

The version I heard was about 2 minutes long and it was minus any glory notes.  However, I think the DJ's may have cut off the song before it was completed, because they started dissing the song and Clay.  Said that was the worst song they have ever heard.  Said Delilah probably wouldn't even play it.  D.J.' indicated they have the ability to count the number of listeners on line at any given time, and that they lost 2,000 listeners when the song was being played.  And on and on as you can just imagine.  One of them said that he had a hard enough time admitting that he kind of liked "Invisible" and that he didn't so much like "The Way", but this song was horrible.  Said it was a landslide vote to "Yank" it and never put it on their playlist.

Several days prior to this, Hanson's new song was up for the contest.  They had a hey day dissing Hanson and the song.  One of them said that the only word harder for him to say on the radio other than Hanson is "Clay Aiken".  And lots more dissing went on of their music, etc.

This radio station takes requests ALL DAY LONG by e-mail or visiting their website.  Every morning when I arrive at work, I send an e-mail request for "The Way".  (I only request once a day and I do listen to this station). And, every day they have played it.........until, for some reason, this week.  All of a sudden it's not being played any more.  Yesterday, one of the DJ's sent a reply to my request asking.....Do you have this request set up on automatic e-mail, LOL?  I e-mailed him back with humor and thanked him for the suggestion of automatic e-mail.  I told him I was aware that he and the other DJ's were not fans of Clay's music and that everyone was entitled to their opinion and that "Solitaire" probably wasn't material for top 40 radio.  Told him Clay's fans appreciated the fact that they honored our reqeusts for playing "The Way" and "Invisible" despite their absence of love for his music.  Told him that was one of the reasons we were listening to the station and that we as commoners appreciate having a little bit of power over what we hear on the radio. (I think I was nice, wasn't I)?  

All of the discussion here may be why they have not been honoring my requests for "The Way" this week.  They are, however, playing "Invisible".  I thought they must be substituting it for "The Way".  So, my question is, did RCA PULL "The Way" off of top 40 radio completely?  Will it never be heard on top 40 radio again?

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 04:15:25 PM »

Quote from: Anonymous
If it wasn't for Solitaire I probably wouldn't have purchased the CD's as I have The Way on my MOAM CD

-------------------

this is why most labels don't release singles hardly anymore because everyone buys the entire CD instead of just buying the "hit". RCA had to put "The Way" out because it helps sales totals of the album that contains it. "Invisible" wasn't a commercial single. had it been, it would've no doubt hit #1 on the sales chart too. but "Solitaire" wasn't suppose to be a song issued to radio if i'm remembering correctly. it was simply a song for his fans to have and that's why it was the b-side of the single.

then, after what happened with both sides of the song on the charts, caused RCA to change their mind because EVERYONE was saying similar things like you and i have said: "if it wasn't for Solitaire i wouldn't have bought the single since i already had The Way on the album". if RCA is clever, all future Clay singles should have a b-side that isn't available on his albums to insure sales since nobody will buy what they already have.

was his first single released BEFORE his album? if so, that's another reason why the first single sold so high the first week: nobody had those songs on an album already!

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
houstonclayfan
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2004, 04:19:36 PM »

All of the discussion here may be why they have not been honoring my requests for "The Way" this week. They are, however, playing "Invisible". I thought they must be substituting it for "The Way". So, my question is, did RCA PULL "The Way" off of top 40 radio completely? Will it never be heard on top 40 radio again?

I had the same question. The week that The Way was released (March 16) I heard it on my radio station in Houston (104.3 KRBE). I think I was the first one on Claymaniacs to hear it on the radio  8)  I heard it several times that week and was soooo  excited !  Since then, I have requested it every day. Two weeks ago, The Way was #28 on their top 30 countdown of the week  :P  which I considered an accomplishment. That was the week before Clay performed on AI3.  I havent heard The Way since  :(   and it has dropped off of the countdown for the past 2 weeks  :(  :(  :(  :(
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2004, 05:14:34 PM »

Quote from: quynn
So, my question is, did RCA PULL "The Way" off of top 40 radio completely?  Will it never be heard on top 40 radio again?

-----------------

the popular opinion and what seems to be the most beneficial to Clay is focus on AC radio stations. go to the Radio and Records web-site; look up radio stations under the AC format and look up the ones in your area. i don't think AC radio would be as harsh toward Clay's songs since they play soft-rock and easy listening, which Clay is...at least on the debut album. Top-40 radio is into hip-hop, rap, and dance songs and most of the songs are meaningless. like, "Yeah" by Usher. what in the world does a song like that mean? "The Way" has good lyrics and it's delivered good, and it doesn't fit Top-40 radio...it fit AC radio but for some reason it just didn't catch on because it was a ballad...but yet Josh Groban's crystal clear near-operatic song was played to death and it was a ballad...

But, by-pass Top-40 radio. a sure way of knowing the difference in AC and Top-40 radio is this: AC radio doesn't play Britney Spears or any hip-hop/rap artists. AC radio plays Phil Collins and Elton John as opposed to Usher and Snoop Doggie Style or whatever his name is.

the DJs on AC radio don't make fun of Clay because he recorded AC-style songs on his debut album but if they WOULD happen to insult Clay, well, that wouldn't make much sense because he recorded the kind of songs AC radio plays. Top-40 radio HATES songs that have a melody or meaning...they prefer "sound" over content as i've said a million times. Top-40 radio, in general, could care less about how powerful a song is delivered or what the song has to say if it doesn't "sound" like current songs they're playing.

Top-40 radio isn't the same as "Alternative Rock" or "Mainstream Rock" radio stations. those kind of stations carry Howard Stern's radio show and the DJs are brash, loud, and obnoxious just like the music they play...wacky people like Marilyn Manson are played on stations like that! so, even within Top-40 radio there are divisions based on taste...for now, Clay is best suited for AC radio...and those are the stations we all need to rally around and prop up. AC radio even has sub-divisions on Radio and Records. there's Hot AC, Mainstream AC, and AC. The last one is the chart that Clay will likely appear on frequently...those stations are the ones more inclined to play Clay's songs. so, when you look up the stations in your area from the R&R web-site, make sure it's simply "AC" without a pre-fix like "Hot" or "Mainstream" because there is a difference.      

since RCA has officially said that "The Way" is no longer a radio single, radio stations don't have to play it {AC or Top-40}. however, in a few weeks when we're all told about "Solitaire" going for adds on AC radio, we'll all request the song at AC stations once or twice a day. this doesn't mean the song will get played right away.

however, whenever the time comes and you hear the song on the AC stations with the other songs, this means that it's been added to the playlist; and based on requests or sales, the PD can decide to move the song from low-to-medium-to heavy rotation...it's in the hands of the individual station PDs and not us. we only give them a foundation upon which to work from.
i think too many requests make a PD feel like the song is "cheating" it's way onto the charts/radio and not going through the normal process every other song has to go through. on TRL and shows like that it's commonplace to request and vote until your hands fall off, but too much requesting at radio almost always hurts a song.

when "Solitaire" is officially released to AC radio, i predict that all AC radio stations are going to expect a LARGE request-fest from us. let's don't do that! let's be low-key about it and see what happens...the constant requests for "The Way" angered the DJs or the PDs maybe? we'll see.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 05:24:11 PM »

ACcountryFan, you sure are a wealth of knowledge.  We've all learned so much from your posts over the short two weeks you've been posting here.  Are you or were you in the radio business?  Great to have you around!

Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 07:02:16 PM »

I only hope and pray that RCA records can fully recognize what a gem they have in Clay Aiken.  From what I understand (don't quote me), RCA is a "rocker & R/B lablel".  Our Clay is very different and unique, and needs to be marketed with care and consistancy.  I sincerely hope that RCA is working in Clay's utmost best interest.  He is not a flash in the pan....he is a keeper.  I pray that his company comes through for him the same way that he did for them.

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2004, 08:30:29 PM »

and most of the songs are meaningless. like, "Yeah" by Usher. what in the world does a song like that mean?

This is a hoot! Why are artists like Brittany & Usher so popular? They don't sing! If you watch their videos it's all dance, beat, and flashy stuff - but no singing. Do they really have voices? Hello?
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2004, 09:56:32 PM »

This whole thing boggles my mind.  But I am so glad to read this discussion.  I have never heard The Way on radio stations around here (though I live in a small community), and my daughter who is away at college has never heard it on any of her local stations either.  I just thought that maybe it will take awhile before it is played often.  I guess I am naive, because I didn't realize how much politics are involved in radio play.  FOR HEAVENS SAKES, I thought radio stations were supposed to play what their listeners wanted to hear!!!!!!!!!  Boy, I feel like I'm from another planet.  And I certainly feel disappointed and cheated.  If there's anyone out there that people want to hear it's Clay.
The funny thing is, when I first got MOAM (the first day it was out), when I listened to it I was taken with The Way.  Although Invisible has grown on me, it was not a favorite right off the bat.  I was much more taken with The Way and wondered why IT hadn't been chosen for a single at that time.  Oh, the powers that be.....  Pamela, thanks for all your information.  Keep us up to date, and of course, let us know what we can do.  We're right there with you.
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
nessa
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2004, 10:33:40 PM »

This is my first time posting on Claymaniacs. I think this is the best place for information on Clay.  I too am confused about what it takes to get Clay's songs played.  I emailed Ryan Seacrest off OnAir and asked if my next career should be a DJ or should I just buy a radio station.  (not a bad idea for clayfans to start their own station).

After much thought it's come down to this for me.  I don't think that radio play will continue to be the way most people get the music they want.  I think the station managers are a little frustrated by the changes due to the internet, downloads and pre-orders.  It's hard to give up the front row seat.  Clay can make it on sales alone and probably will if we all support and market him right.  If just one record company can see into a crystal ball and not bow to radio, but base the success of an artist on sales it could be a wonderful thing.  Afterall, it's money they are trying to make and radio play is supposed to increase revenue.  Do we know for sure that this will remain so in the future?

Radio has tried to weather the internet radio, downloads and now AI on TV.  AI2 on TV was reaching 30 millon listeners in one hour at the end of the Clay/Ruben competion. That's only the people who voted!  AI3 had 22 million last Tues. night.  Radio does not have a piece of that pie.

Do I listen to the radio? No. There is too much that I don't like so I play a Clay CD instead.  I'm blushing here because I have only listened to Clay in my car since MOAM was released!  Radio gives me weather alerts which is cool if you live in the Midwest, land of tornados.

I could be way off with this picture of the future, but we could get a few radio listeners and non-radio listeners on a poll and see what happens.

I agree with polite requests and I am sensitive to the email issue, but didn't people go mad for Elvis and Prince and a lot of other really smashing hotties with great talent?  

By the way I was really glad to hear from JoJo at Kiss in LA that the station manager was the blocker not the DJ.  I think RCA is rocking the boat too many times by changing up the song to push all the time.  By the way, don't Britney and Beyonce have more than one song being put on the playlist at one time?  I'm not getting that inequality either.

It's the 21st century and we all can rewrite the rules.  I'll keep buying anything Clay puts out (and K Lo).  If RCA is making money and winning sales numbers (I stress sales here)  then why is radio so important?

Radio is so important because it was the original gateway to music unless you heard it live.  I thank radio for that.  But I have to say "Radio, get ready to move over. Clay is in the building."

I am a 47 y/o married psychotherapist with a passion for the best voice I have heard in years.  I also understand some of the psychology of the situation.  I do know that change doesn't occur without effort and you can't make anyone change if they don't want to:

God grant me the serenity
          To accept the things I cannot change
          The courage to change the things I can and
          And the wisdom to know the difference.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2004, 03:12:07 AM »

That is something radio is really mad about! Top-40 radio maybe feels since Clay got his "audience" on a TV show and that his sales figures are enormous WITHOUT their help!

most of the PDs and DJs literally hate the fact that they can't make or break artists anymore with all the airplay decisions coming from a panel of consultants...plus with so many people using the internet and Amazon.com to buy CDs and singles that radio stations aren't even PLAYING also adds turmoil for them. the public is finding a way to get the music they want since radio doesn't play it anymore.

this is why most artists over 45 in any format are HUGE sellers on-line and through TV commercials advertising their products. since radio doesn't play them or advertise them, they had to take a different route and go where their audience was, and their specific audience was NOT listening to the radio if you get my point!

this is all a theory that i'm hoping doesn't become reality.

off topic a bit, i do think that Clay should in the future do an annual Christmas show like Bing Crosby used to do every year for decades. i don't know if Clay has any acting skills in him but he could appear in short skits based on the holidays...have a guest cast drop by and sing...have the Bubel/Aiken foundation as a back-drop and have some of the children come on TV and use his show as a mini fund-raiser too {much in the tradition as Jerry Lewis does on Labor Day, Clay could have his proposed annual show on or near Christmas}...it's something he could look into in the future.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2004, 06:13:03 AM »

he could appear in short skits

Laughing:  Laughing: When I first read this, I thought you wrote SKIRTS!
 Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing: Had to go back and read it again.  But, the picture in my mind is kind of nice!  Wink:

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2004, 08:21:00 AM »

GUYNN
LOVE YOUR AVATAR. CLAY WITH A HAT, NEAT!! :)

GRRRR, :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
 THIS MORNING I WENT INTO MY BARNES AND NOBLE STORE TO PICK UP A "SOLITAIRE" ( I ALREADY BOUGHT 11). THEY HAD ONE.
 I ASKED IF THEY HAD ANYMORE AND THE CLERK/MANAGER TOLD ME THAT WHEN THEY HAVE ORDERED A BASIC AMOUNT OF SINGLES, THEN THEY DO NOT ORDER ANYMORE, PLUS THE DISTRIBUTORS STOP THEIR DISTRIBUTION AS THEY WOULD RATHER THAT YOU BUY THE REGULAR ALBUM.

I ASKED HIM IF THIS WAS TRUE OF JUST THE BARNES NOBLE OR ALL STORES. HE TOLD ME THAT THERE WOULD BE NO MORE SINGLES DISTRIBUTED ANYWHERE!!!
 HUH?????
 HOW CAN THAT BE TRUE????
 I AM REALLY PERPLEXED NOW!!!!!

IF THIS IS REALLY TRUE, HOW CAN THE SINGLE STAY ON TOP????

I AM CLUELESS!!!!!!

JAN
KEEPER OF CLAY'S DREAMS

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
woodstock854
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

"I need help!!!"

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2004, 08:38:00 AM »

Welcome, nessa!  
I was happy to read your post.  Watch out, you will be posting more and more.  I agree with you that this is the best place for Clay info.  I check in with clayaiken.com every now and then but I check in here about every day.  And I have stopped looking anywhere else.  Our friends who run this website are simply the best!
I loved your comment about buying a radio station.  Too bad we really can't all afford to do that!
Even though I am very upset about this, I do not think the lack of play on the radio is going to affect Clay's career at this point, except to prevent people who do not know about Clay (is there really anybody left?) from hearing his beautiful voice and transforming them also.  He absolutely has the best voice out there.  And his millions of fans will buy every CD he puts out and continue to buy concert tickets wherever he goes.  It's just so upsetting that he doesn't seem to be treated fairly.  And those unfortunate people who have yet to discover Clay will have a harder time finding him without the radio exposure.  How can the radio stations ignore the amount of CDs he sells?  I really just don't get it!
Woodstock

"There's something about the way I can't take my eyes off you...  There's something about the way your lips invite..."
Julie, jj, Liz, Carol and Janet are our Guardian Angels
"My faith has conquered fear, on my way here."
OCD Support Group Founder
tessie
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2004, 11:56:41 AM »

I just have one comment and one question.

The articles say that Solitaire/The Way is a limited release.  Could someone who knows explain what that means?  Is that number of copies, time frame in which it is possible to buy it, both, or something else?  Why do they do this?

My comment is that Clive Davis did take the time to go to the Las Vegas concert.  He watched the concert, the crowd and their reaction, and apparently spent time viewing the merchandise counters and how things were selling.  He apparently knows how popular Clay is and that there is a huge demand for his appearances.  Clive also made sure that Solitaire was reworked until it became the fine product that it is.  Perhaps there is still some confusion as to what is the best way to market Clay, but it seems apparent, at least to me, that they are well aware of what they have.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2004, 12:18:01 PM »

All of this makes me so angry, and very disheartened with radio.  I admit I've never been one to listen to the radio often, til Clay and trying to get him airplay.  The Way is still my favorite song from MOAM, I'm so sad it hasn't done as well as we hoped!  Yes Solitaire is too long a version for radio, and probably won't do that well either, and I hate to be negative!!!  I still wish the powers that be would release TOUCH, I think that would be a huge seller on radio for Clay!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx