gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:50:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 170
Total: 170

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dance...  (Read 13504 times)
ClayBuf
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2004, 10:02:04 PM »

Pamela summed up my feelings about "the dance" to a tee. I trust Clay.
I agree whole heartedly that if he had a problem with it - he wouldn't be doing it at all. It is so obvious that he is having fun with it.

He's come a long way as a performer on the live stage. It's good to see him spreading his wings and trying different things. I would have been disappointed if all I saw from him was just standing there belting out his songs without injecting his personality into his show. But, he is - and it is obvious he is comfortable doing just that.

I choose to give him credit for knowing his own mind and being his own person.

~Buffi
claydom
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 06:23:14 AM »

He's come a long way as a performer on the live stage. It's good to see him spreading his wings and trying different things. I would have been disappointed if all I saw from him was just standing there belting out his songs without injecting his personality into his show. But, he is - and it is obvious he is comfortable doing just that.

No disagreement here! I believe gramma's issue was not the dance, but the fact that everyone's making a bigger deal of it than it is! What is a simple 'having fun' and 'spreading wings' as a performer song has developed into something full of lust & lechery thru overly active imaginations by his fans! I quote Pamela's "let Clay be Clay'. He enjoys performing. He's stretched abit with WDC and shown us a new side of Clay. Of course, he's intelligent and will take it only as far as he feels comfortable that isn't in question. I saw the dance 3 times up close and he does just that - takes it just so far and no further. Don't over emphasize or exaggerate something that isn't there, that doesn't show respect.

Thank you Pamela for your explanation of the 'condom' picture. That answers alot of questions doesn't it. 8) I figured there was a logical reason for Clay to have a 'condom' on his head. Now I know it's nothing  more than a big paper bag and was the 'schtick' at a local restaurant.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 06:57:17 AM »

Quote from: claydom
I figured there was a logical reason for Clay to have a 'condom' on his head.

This just made me spew hot tea all over my keyboard!  Thanks claydom!
 Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:

As far as the making a big deal about the dance?  The big deal is this - think about a year ago when Clay was making those cute little dance moves while singing Grease in a red jacket.

Now, think about WDC.   8)   What a difference a year makes!

In a good way.
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 07:37:39 AM »

Right on! Bring it on Clay! shock:  shock:  Laughing:  Laughing:

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
ClayBuf
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 11:42:20 AM »

What a difference a year makes.....indeed!!

Amen :D and Halleluia!! :D

~Buffi
Jaren
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2004, 09:38:44 PM »

Everyone is definitely right about what a difference a year makes. However Clay is still the same wonderful, warm hearted young man we all fell in love with on AI2. He has grown as an entertainer and probably as a person as well in the past year.

He never fails to entertain us! It doesn't matter if he's  being interviewed, on TV , singing, or appearing in print. We all can't get enough of this young man called Clay Aiken.

Every time we see him , we all can't wait until the next time. Hopefully for "us" this will continue for years to come. Hopefully he won't decide, he doesn't want anyone to know how much milk he buys, who he goes with or what kind of car he drives.

The fans loved Elvis, but made it impossible for him to live a normal life. He wound up being a prisoner of his own success. We love Clay too much for that. I read a quote tonight from last weeks People Magazine. He said something to the effect of, They just want to make sure I'm healthy, and tuck me in. That is exactly how I feel.... I want the same sense of well being  for him that I want for my son,grandson and great-grandson.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2004, 02:57:49 PM »

Here, here, Pamela.  You put it perfectly!  
----
Think about this, if after one year Clay has reached such pinnacles and improved so much, I sure am excited and eager to see what the next year brings! shock:  shock:  shock:

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

4EverClayton
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2004, 11:15:58 AM »

I am soooooo glad I visited this thread!  I was recently reading a personal
review on a fan's concert experience.  She said that during the dance
Clay and Angela were sharing intimate, meaningful looks.  This upset me.
I began to loose respect for OMC.  I never thought he would publicly
display sincere affection - especially in front of thousands of fans.
Somehow, a romantic relationship with Angela does not seem appropriate to me.  I guess I'm old fashion.  I would love to see him with Kelly, though.
I hope what this person saw was another exaggeration experienced in the excitement of the moment.  After reading this thread I feel that maybe I should re-think my loss of respect for OMC and put all this out of my head.
Reading what everyone here has said about the dance and the individual
interpretations of it and it's meaning, has put things into prospective for me. I don't have the time to post too often because I am at work ---
it is easier for me to lurk without getting caught.  This is something that has really bothered me.

Leslie
ClayBuf
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2004, 09:24:03 PM »

Hey, Leslie!
It never hurts to step back and take another look at something - you know - to maybe see another perspective. This subject is a good example.
Reading other people's points of view could very well bring something to light that you might not have thought about before. Glad you are re-thinking this one.....

~Buffi
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2004, 09:16:15 AM »

Good grief...is this discussion still going on?

From my standpoint, each individual is going to see what they are going to see.  Some fans feel quite maternal towards Clay, and some fans feel more of an attraction towards Clay.  And, so it goes.  There is absolutely no "right or wrong" when it comes to this subject.  

I, for one, believe that the decision (dance limits)  should remain with the performer(s). Clay is apparently having fun with the WDC dance or he would not include it in his show.  He is doing nothing wrong at this point, so lets trust his judgement, per say.  Clay is in control, and he has the intellect to wear that "control hat".  Fear not, OMC will never be a Justin Timberlake. He is exceptionally talented and very smart.  Think about it!  Clay is in the drivers seat (career), and he knows exactly where he wants to drive....trust is the key.

Personally, I think that Clay is very  sexy and handsome. I have been quite taken with his looks & sensuality since American Idol2.  The amazing VOICE will be, and always has been, the major drawing point.  But, it is impossible to ignore the reality of "how good looking this guy is".  So, I don't try.  Sometimes, when I look at a picture of Clay....I simply step back and "drink in" his gorgeous self.   So, I will confess to the fact that, yes, I admire the pictures, montages, videos, and everthing else Clay related.  To the hilt, I must add.  And, why do I enjoy him?  Because I can and I want to.  I am a woman, he is a man.  And, so it goes!  He is not the first performer to create "certain feelings" in his fans, and he will certainly not be the last.  Admiring Clay puts a smile on my face, and a happy feeling in my heart.  Works for me!! 8)

In reference to the so called Hot Dance.  For some it is "hot", and for others it is "not".  So be it!  It is a matter of choice, and we are privy to a difference of opinion.  Clay appears to be creating a feast for the imagination with this dance, and it is up to the individual whether or not you care to indulge in the offerings.   Frankly, I like what I see.....or to put it in a better light.....what I "think" that I see.  The imagination is a wonderful tool, and I am grateful to see that mine is still in tip top working order after all of these years.  Thanx Clay, baby!

In summation, some fans may feel that Clay is compromising his "clean cut and wholesome image" by performing WDC in a sensual vein.  I, for one, do not see it that way.  If anything, I believe that Clay Aiken is the ambassador of anti-raunch.  He is portraying his sexuality in a natural and appealing manner.  He provides just enough, through his musical expression,  to ingnite the imagination....and the results are quite lovely, indeed.  And, all the while, Clay is remaining true to himself and keeping it pretty tame compared to the current music performance standards.  He is a good living and moral individual.  But, he does not claim to be asexual.  And, we should not expect him to be.  Afterall, he is Clay Aiken (the man), not Barney (the purple dinasaur).  As Christie said "Lets not try to turn Clay into some kind of chaste saint who is incapable of anything remotely sexual - he is a normal 25 year old man - it is not fair to impose impossible standards on him".  Righty Oh, CJ - could not agree with you more!

The voice is #1.  But, in essence, I enjoy "all of him", sensual self included.  Lets just say....I like him, I love him, and I want some more of him!!!!!  Simply stated: agree to disagree.

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2004, 09:27:07 AM »

MS. HIP SHAKE....well said, I applaud you!

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2004, 09:50:44 AM »

:)!

liney23
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2004, 10:06:47 AM »

Clay has repeatedly said that his biggest goal is to be a role model for the young.  To give them an alternative way to be cool, rather than shock and nudity.  He is very aware of and embraces this responsibility.  

With WDC, he is showing them that everyone has a sensual side, but you choose how you display it and what you do with it.   He is telling all those youngsters who are bombarded with sexual advertising/performances daily that what's important is your choices on what to do with that sexuality.

It's the teacher coming out in him.  Gotta love that man!!!!
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2004, 06:46:08 PM »

Ms. HipShake,

I agree with you 100%.  I have always said, Clay knows what he is doing, He knows what his audience likes and wants and he is giving it to them 100%.  Some concerts may show the WDC dance a little hotter than others, but perhaps he can feel the vibes from the audience.  I think he and Angela are prepared for a more conservative way and the sensual way.  I prefer the sensual, even though I haven't been lucky enough to see that complete side of him, I did witness "the dance" in Worcester, Ma.
I can only say, that the description of the Sacramento dance sounds like the hottest he and Angela have ever done.  Go Clay!  Why shouldn't he feel like a normal man of 25!  After all, if these, I can't even say the word, adio shows won't play his music, then he will hopefully get the millions of people across the country to buy his CD's and go to his performances.  How else can he put himself out there, so to speak.  Whatever it takes, he has got it!  I love whatever he has!

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2004, 02:07:40 AM »

If anything, I believe that Clay Aiken is the ambassador of anti-raunch. He is portraying his sexuality in a natural and appealing manner. He provides just enough, through his musical expression, to ingnite the imagination....and the results are quite lovely, indeed.

Right on, Ms. Hip Shake!

Clay can ignite my imagination anytime shock:  shock:  shock: !

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2004, 05:55:47 AM »

I AGREE.  I DON'T FEEL PEOPLE SHOULD TAKE AN OFFENSE TO CLAY SHOWING HIS SENSUAL SIDE.  MY GOD HE IS 25 YEARS OLD.  ISN'T IT SOMETHING WE ALL WANTED TO SEE.  OUR BOY HAS BECOME A MAN.

LORRAINE
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2004, 12:37:17 PM »

Kudo's Lorraine and Ms HipShake  :!:  :!:

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2004, 01:58:47 PM »

Lorraine (quote)..... OUR BOY HAS BECOME A MAN.

Yes, folks....he certainly has!

ClayJ
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2004, 10:15:27 PM »

And WHAT a man he has become!!!
AdoringClay
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2004, 08:16:06 PM »

:D All I can say is Yum-Yum!  I love the dance and everything else about the boy and his concert performances.  He gives just enough to entice the imagination and then stops it before it becomes dirty.  That is so much sexier, to me, than showing it all.  He certainly has become a man!  It's been fun to watch over the last few months.  And, he has become very, very comfortable on stage and has much more rythym than ever...he's a great dancer now!

(Sorry, I am a little short on words!  It has only been 36 hours since I was Clayed in Seattle and my mind is still mush!)  I just love the hunk!  Sue G.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx