gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:56:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 415
Total: 415

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Dance...  (Read 13472 times)
Jaren
« on: March 26, 2004, 10:12:09 PM »

Has been a hot topic the last few weeks. There is nothing wrong with Clay dancing, with Angela, or any one for that matter. Clay was entertaining us! Nothing more. he was showing his versatility! I'm sure there are a FEW people that will object, but the ones that don't object far outweigh the ones that do.

Clay being the wonderful gentleman that he is will probably pull the dance from the show rather than offending anyone.I don't think he would have done it in the first place if he thought it would be offensive.If it's not kept in the show alot of people will be disappointed!

I remember when Elvis could only be photographed from the waist up!

Clay, keep dancing, keep singing, keep entertaining us all! You make us feel young again. We have waited for you for a very long time!
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 10:09:52 AM »

NOTHING WRONG WITH THE DANCE - After reading all the detailed descriptions of every thrust and grind - the lechery accompanying every movement since the concert tour began, I was not looking forward to seeing it. I went to the Chicago concert and was fortunate enough to get row 2 seats, practically sitting on the stage. (Clay was almost close enough to touch) When WDC started and was happening directly in front of me, I was immediately uncomfortable so decided to really scutinize it to see if what everyone has been talking about was true. I watched during the interaction with Angela to see if I could see space/light between their 2 bodies. 98% of the time there was. They weren't even touching! I would imagine that if you were sitting farther back from the stage than two  rows it might look like they were bumping & grinding. Even all the blurry, grainy videos we are told to download, because they are -HOT HOT HOT - might make it look like more than it is. BUT IT IS NOT! Clay was having fun, but it was obvious to me he didn't want to take it any farther. Even some of the BLPT gals I went to the concert with admitted, "Clay must have known Gramma was here." A few days ago I read a newpaper review from OMAHA. That reporter rated the 'bump & grind' G-rated. That's exactly what I would rate it too. I think it's a case of being grossly over exaggerated by imaginative minds.
Jaren
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 10:39:32 AM »

I TOTALLY agree! I'm a Great-Grandmother. You may have read on another post, my friend and I had backstage /meet & greet passes. He is a quiet, sincere young man. He is just entertaining the fans that have put him where he is. Entertain us he does!
claymore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 10:41:38 AM »

grammaof6,
thank you so much for sharing us your views. i admit after watching WDC for the first time i was disturbed by it. i stopped looking for clayfix for a day or two until i reconciled my feelings and realized i love clay that much. there is nothing wrong for him having fun. and the fans that went to the concerts love it too.
thanks gramma.
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 10:45:00 AM »

Wheeeew....GRAMMA...you got me nervous(LOL)  When I saw you as the last post in this thread, I said watch out...Granny's coming at ya Jaren...but. then I read your post and was so happy you finally are comfortable with the situation.

Gramma, does this mean I have to get you some ice packs to cool you down from your close encounter of the Claykind??????

Keeper of The OCD Prayerlist
Queen of Comforting
------------------------------------
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 11:13:44 AM »

BOCAQUEEN - Sounds like I have a reputation? shock:    :roll:   Laughing: No ice packs needed - nothing there! Believe me I scutinized it first hand - NOTHING!!!!!!! Laughing: So yep, I am more comfortable and taking all the HOT HOT HOT (hyperventilating)  comments with a grain of salt. Nothing there!  8)
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 11:44:42 AM »

Gramma....you DO have a reputation.............
a WONDERFUL one!

xxxooxxxoxxxxoxxx

Queen of Comforting
Clay, God has blessed you with a voice of an Angel and everything you are and everything you do, reflects that YOU..... are HIS.... Measure of a Man.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 03:15:22 PM »

I AGREE.  THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE DANCE CLAY DOES WITH ANGELA.  BUT YES THERE IS - HE NEEDS TO DO THAT DANCE WITH ME.   HA HA  IT IS ALL DONE IN ENTERTAINMENT AND BOY DOES HE ENTERTAIN ME AND I AM A GRANDMOTHER TOO.  PUTS A LITTLE SPARK BACK INTO THIS BODY OF MINE.  WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT.

LORRAINE
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2004, 03:16:23 PM »

grammaof6,
boccaqueen is right , you do have a wonderful reputation.  I always love to read your post,  they are so well thought out & written.

THANK YOU gramma!!

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Bocaqueen
Enthusiastic

Forever Clay's Scarlett

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 05:48:51 PM »

LORRAINE....get in line behind me and NO pushing!!!!!!!

Queen of Comforting
cjrmax
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2004, 10:36:40 PM »

Another point of view - I watched the downlaod from Chicago and Gramma is right - it wasn't all that hot (maybe he DID know you were in the audience, Gramma!) BUT other performances of this have bee MUCH hotter and sexier (DC and Wlikes Barre come to mind).  I have been to 2 concerts, with a 3rd coming up and in one (Philly) the dance was a little hot and in one (Wilkes Barre) the dance was a lot hotter - until Clay totally lost all composure when Angela shimmied down him!  He was laughing so hard he almost fell over!

I think at its hottest ths dance is PG, maybe a very mild R.  AND THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!  The vast majority of the audience seems to LOVE it.  If a few are disturbed by it, I say so be it.  He can't please everyone.  As long as he's comfortable with it (which I am sure he is or he wouldn't be doing it!) then that should be all that matters.  He wants to please the majority of his audience, and he is.  Clay is a nice, sincere, well mannered man.  He is also a 25 year old man - a NORMAL 25 year old man (if you get my drift!).  He is not immune to sexual desires.  He is not immune to sexy innuendo.  He is not immune to "bathroom" humor.  There is a now infamous picture of Clay with some friends and they are all wearing giant condoms on their heads.  Clay has a sign that says "Even my hand rejects me"!  Now, some of the people offended by Clay's dance at its hottest may also be offended by that picture, but obviously Clay found it funny or he wouldn't have gone out in public like that nor have his picture taken like that!  Let's not try and turn Clay into some kind of chaste saint who on not capable of anything even remotely sexual.  HE IS A NORMAL 25 YEAR OLD MAN! It isn't fair to Clay to impose impossible standards on him.

Just my opinion.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2004, 11:20:30 PM »

:?: i haven't seen this picture yet. is it real? anyone with the equipment can fake pictures. but, no, i'm not offended by him doing this if he actually done it but it doesn't sound like something he'd do and i'm getting mad thinking someone ELSE created this photo as a joke...

also, i don't care if Clay dances like that or whatever he does. as long as he continues to record GREAT, meaningful songs is all i ask and he remains down to earth which i believe he will.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Sue
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 07:46:12 AM »

OMG I cannot believe I'm reading this.  I'm glad I stayed away from a lot of the concert talk until I actually saw the concert last week.  I've downloaded the "aforementioned" performances and I think they are great.  He obviously got reaction from the crowd indicating the majority love the performances - including WDC.  I know in St. Louis we were all screaming EVERY time he danced.  

Clay is a performer.  He knows what most of us want to see.  Please don't put him on a pedastal like some people put Brittany Spears and other celebs.  They are human.  And please don't make him afraid to do anything in public.  God knows the man already has to watch it when he goes for milk.
cjrmax
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2004, 11:33:36 AM »

ACcountryfan wrote:
i haven't seen this picture yet. is it real? anyone with the equipment can fake pictures. but, no, i'm not offended by him doing this if he actually done it but it doesn't sound like something he'd do and i'm getting mad thinking someone ELSE created this photo as a joke...

The photo is no joke.  It was taken pre-AI back in his college days.  I am not sure what the occasion was (although I am sure someone could tell you) and he was there with some friends and they all had the giant condoms on their heads with funny signs. It was taken at some restaurant where they were all hanging out!  It was a picture of a normal college kid having fun!  The fact that you say it doesn't sound like something he would do just goes to show we, his fans, don't really know him that well.  Some have just created this vision of him as so chaste and pure that anything normal is considered shocking!  To me that is placing too much of an unfair burden on him.  He is a NORMAL 25 year old.  Let him be normal!  I will see if I can find the picture floating around the net and post it.
aikenseeker
Global Moderator
Enthusiastic

Yeah, he wants me.

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »

First CJRMAX pm's to find the picture, then she asks me to post the picture. The picture does indeed exist. It is NOT photoshop and the condom on his head does say my hand rejects
me.  Twisted:  Twisted:  Twisted:

As for the dance, there's a Slaughter song that sums it up well. "Come on and dance for me baby won't you show me a little action."

Boy that can move his hips like that shouldn't have to wear a chastity belt.  Would we be offended knowing that Clay poops? I think not. Why should we be offended knowing that he is a sexual being? It's allllllllllll human nature people.

To dance, to breathe, to poop, to love, to laugh, to cry, it all comes from the same place. Well not exactly the same place.  Wink:

And besides didn't any of you see Footloose????? Watch learn, "To leap and dance joyfully before tlhe lord... was a quote used in the movie from the bible. Dancing is OTAY!

AI Forum Moderator
Yup, I think about Clay probably about as often as men think about sex.
"Half my butt is mac & cheese and the other half is Krispy Kreme..." Clay Aiken
Carpe Clayum-Seize the Clay
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2004, 11:56:01 AM »

HE EVEN LOOKS CUTE WITH A CONDOM ON HIS HEAD!  DON'T YOU JUST LOVE HIM!!!

THANKS,aikenseekerfor that picture.  and everything you wrote I agree with 100%.   CLAY likes to enjoy life and have fun too!  

ANGELA

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
claydom
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »

I would imagine that if you were sitting farther back from the stage than two rows it might look like they were bumping & grinding. Even all the blurry, grainy videos we are told to download, because they are -HOT HOT HOT - might make it look like more than it is

Kudos to gramma! for being bold enough to say something about the 'dance' that needed to be said for some time. I have been browsing this board for awhile and have posted a few times under GUEST. I've read all the accounts of the dance and seen all the video downloads. I've smiled at the hot, hot hot, or I can't breathe, or hyperventilate posts.
I think it's a case of being grossly over exaggerated by imaginative minds

RIGHT ON gramma!

I've been lucky enough to go to 3 concerts, Chicago, Omaha, & St Lake City. I have some connections so have also been blessed with very good 1-2 row seats at each of those concerts. Clay's 'bump & grind' (as I've seen it referred to a few times) just ISN'Tthe hot sexy dance everyone's making it out to be. He's playful, having fun, but certainly not bumping, grinding or thrusting! Perhaps if you are sitting at an angle or farther back than rows 1 or 2, it might look like more than it is, but as gramma said  "there's light between the bodies". No contact . . .  I believe that Angela might have taken it too far at one concert and Clay realised it. Since the Chicago concert he seems to be backing off. I suspect he's doing some rethinking of that dance.  The latest newspaper reviews I've read do consider it very G-rated. He wants to please his fans, but also has his own integrity to maintain. Just because he's a 25 old man with normal desires, doesn't mean he wants to or has to act on them. He's always been very clear about his image. Why can't we as fans respect that?! Sure Clay is sexy. To me, that sexiness radiates from the man inside - wholesome, clean-cut and moral. I don't need him to bump & grind his way across a stage to validate his sexiness.
ACcountryFan
Enthusiastic

Number Cruncher

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2004, 03:02:23 PM »

:D  :arrow:  i didn't know when the picture was taken; i had thought it was recent and someone did it as a joke. now i know that it isn't a joke by someone else, it doesn't bother me.

Nostalgia Nut
ACcountryFan
~Jerry~
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2004, 05:07:41 PM »

The picture was taken at a Myrtle Beach restaurant called Dick's Last Resort.  The 'condom hats' are paper bags.  It's part of their shtick.

A big hit with visitors of all ages is Dick's Last Resort. Located at Barefoot Landing, it features surly waiters who bark at you, tell you what to order, throw your cutlery at you and even tell you how much to tip. But it's all in good fun ...you're free to join in the sparring with a few barbs of your own but be prepared for Dick's punishment: You'll have to wear a condom-shaped paper hat for the duration of your dinner.

LINK

As far as the dancing, I choose to trust Clay.  I have no doubt that if he had a problem with it, he wouldn't do it.  If he will take the word 'damned' out of a song, he would not dance with Angela if he was uncomfortable with it.  But he does do it, he does it well and he enjoys it.  And that's what makes it sexy to me.
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2004, 07:56:10 PM »

CJRMAX,

I agree with you 100%.  Why should Clay's dance be scrutinized at all.  He is an entertainer and he knows when he sings When Doves Cry and goes into his dance with Angela that the crowd is going to scream and cheer the loudest.  Clay knows exactly what he is doing.  Yes, he is a normal 25 yr. old with sexual desires.  His morals haven't changed and he hasn't displayed anything out of the ordinary to disprove that.  He is having fun.
I believe he has lived more of a sheltered life than most guys his age.  He is finding out a lot about people and himself as he performs on these tours.  I am sure having Kelly for a roommate has opened his eyes to a lot of things he never experienced before.  Remember, though, he did have a female roommie at College and also shares a house with Kimberly Locke, so he is quite comfortable around females.  If Clay ever thought he offened anyone in his audience, he would be totally upset.  At the same time, I think he is tired of a lot of people thinking he isn't masculine enough.

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx