gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 19  (Read 3342 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: March 19, 2004, 04:51:20 AM »

From Insanity vs Brilliance – A Definition Of Entertainment
by Antony A Jones

After the now expected "house" video and group music video we were finally given the chance to once again hear Clay Aiken sing "Solitaire". This is his newly released "B" side to "The Way". As he started the first few bars, I began to feel a little disappointed. I thought it was too slow. However, realizing that I was comparing it to his original performance on last seasons show, I realized that this version was a commercial release and therefore would and should be mixed and arranged differently. As Clay got into the song, I actually began to enjoy it. Then Clay did what Clay does best, holding a note for what seems an eternity to most other singers. I'd almost forgotten how good Clay is.

ELITES TV
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:04:57 AM »

NEW VOTING OPPORTUNITY

Helping Clay is just one more click away!

Ryan Seacrest's new morning show at KIIS FM LA now has a Top 9 at 9(am) voting link!  Let's show Ryan that we love Clay!

RYAN ON AIR TOP 9 AT 9 AM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 08:42:05 AM »

Final Wednesday Nationals:  Fox Wins; CBS a Distant Second

Although CBS opened with the first of two Wednesday editions of Survivor: All-Stars, 22.92 million viewers for American Idol from 8:30-9:30 p.m. were more than enough for Fox to win the evening. Fox outdelivered second-place CBS by 33 percent in households, 4.73 million viewers and 69 percent among adults 18-49. Hopefully the 9.62 million viewers that tuned into Arrested Development out of Idol will be back this Sunday in its regularly scheduled time period.

MEDIAWEEK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 08:47:47 AM »

I thought you all might enjoy knowing that Clay/Solitaire is now number one on Amazon in Canada!!! The fact that the CD is not available yet in certain cities, has likely sent more people to Amazon. Nonetheless, this is terrific news, isn't it???

AMAZON.CA

Thanks Faith!

Also, the single is #2 at amazon.com (US) and, get this, MoaM is currently at #8 !!

AMAZON.COM
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 09:46:44 AM »

Fantastic news for sure!  Go Clay!!!!!!!!  

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »

Alright!!!  Thanks for the info Pamela.

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 10:25:52 AM »

Thank you for that info Pam.  It seems like everyone wants a piece of Clay, especially me.  I still can't forget that I grabbed his arm and TOUCHED HIM!

Lorraine
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 12:04:14 PM »

Lorraine,

I would have got a better grab too if you didn't try to knock me down trying to get to him.  HA HA

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 12:36:16 PM »

I told you so many times how sorry I was but if anything came between me and Clay nothing would stop me.  I wish he knew someone was grabbing him and stopped or something.  Watch if I ever have a chance again.  Look out.  Love that guy.

Lorraine
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 12:55:47 PM »

Lorraine and Linda,
   do you gals need someone who "keeps their cool under fire"????

I'm available--------again!!!!   :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
mom132
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 01:02:16 PM »

Thanks for the good news Pamela,
I ordered my single on Amazon.ca.  Did not get it yet!!
The single is suppose to be available next week in stores in Canada, I am going to buy some to give to friends and keep a second one for me.

Now, the only ting missing is a Clay concert in Canada :D  :D  Any news about that??
Thanks,
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 01:56:27 PM »

I also ordered 4 Way/Solitaire from Amazonn
I had to go to 3 places to buy 2..
so it's total 6 for me ..
I am sending them to my friends/family in France,Spain and Poland
I am CLAYVERTING  fans in Europe

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 01:59:24 PM »

Shiny happy people
'Idol' fans are voting 'yes' on the wholesomeness of stars like Kelly and Clay

By Douglas Perry
Star-Telegram Arts Editor

Richard Nixon called them the Silent Majority. Thirty-five years on, they're anything but silent. Every week, they pick up their phones, dial an 866 number and give the so-called media taste-makers a piece of their mind.

American Idol, the Fox network talent contest in which viewers vote for their favorite performers, is the biggest TV show in the country. One of the reasons is that, despite the joy expressed by the young wannabe pop stars on stage, Idol has become all about frustration and anger -- the audience's.

Not at the quality of the performances; each season, the contestants have gotten better. It's anger and frustration at our popular culture.

In the first two seasons of the surprise hit show, judge Simon Cowell tried to guide the audience toward the belly babes and winkers -- the Nikki McKibbons with their swinging hips and Justin Guarinis with their smarmy smiles.

Didn't work. America picked sweet Kelly Clarkson in the first season and then elevated teddy-bearish Ruben Studdard and virginal Clay Aiken in season two. Jane and Joe America had had enough, and they had chosen American Idol as the place to make their stand. Maybe in New York and LA, people want to see sexually aggressive girls fly through the air or sneering thugs chant about "ho's" and violence. But in the Heartland, they're still spinning Pat Boone discs.

That's right, American Idol might just be the most conservative program on network television. And with Kelly, Ruben and Clay all boasting hit albums and sold-out tours, Cowell has gotten with the Zietgeist. He's come to terms with the fact that he's not going to find the next great original talent on Idol, someone like new Columbia Records star Nellie McKay, who pushes the boundaries of the status quo.

This week, Cowell heaped praise on a redheaded teen-age boy in a three-piece suit who wants nothing more than to be Frank Sinatra. Meanwhile, he told the sexy young girl with the low-slung jeans and growly pout to "pack your bags."

The 12 finalists' introductory videos were full of images of singing in church and kissing babies. One contestant's father is a pastor.

So, are the "media elite," as Dan Quayle once called them, getting it? Probably not, considering that during this week's Idol, Fox was aggressively promoting its perverse, plastic-surgery/ beauty-contest reality show, The Swan.

Then again, didn't Ol' Blue Eyes have hair plugs?

Clay Aiken

Hometown: Raleigh, N.C.

Persona: Warm, personable, considered one of the best-mannered people on the star circuit.

Before American Idol: Camp counselor working with autistic children; special-ed major at University of North Carolina-Charlotte

Defining Idol moment: His spot-on cover of Bridge Over Troubled Water was the performer's turning point in season two.

Since Idol: Single This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water hit No. 1 on the Billboard chart, selling almost 393,000 copies in its first week of release; debut album, Measure of a Man, also hit No. 1, selling more than 612,000 copies in its first week.

Awards: Fans' Choice award at American Music Awards

Idolatry: The North Carolina Museum of History recently opened an exhibit featuring a white shirt, black pinstriped pants and shoes Clay wore on American Idol.

Career missteps: None that we've seen so far.

Weird fact: He's afraid of water.

-- Robert Philpot

Kelly Clarkson

Hometown: Burleson

Persona: Girl next door

Before American Idol: She worked as a cocktail waitress and a movie-theater employee. Although her Idol win happened in 2002, she first appeared in the Star-Telegram in a 1998 feature about an Arlington production of Amahl and the Night Visitors.

Defining Idol moment: For most of season one, Clarkson had flown under the radar until her take on Aretha Franklin's Respect made her a front-runner.

Since Idol: First single, A Moment Like This, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard chart. Follow-up single, Miss Independent, also made it to No. 1. Came in second on World Idol, the international version of American Idol. Played '50s-'60s pop singer Brenda Lee on NBC's American Dreams.

Awards: Nominated for best female pop vocal performance in the Grammy Awards but lost to Christina Aguilera -- who co-wrote Miss Independent.

Career misstep: The flop movie From Justin to Kelly, a beach-blanket bomb co-starring Justin Guarini, who was the runner-up on her American Idol. The film is ranked the fourth-worst movie ever on the Internet Movie Database's users poll (Gigli is ninth).

Weird fact: Originally wanted to be a marine biologist but changed her mind after seeing Jaws.

-- Robert Philpot

Q

Five questions with American Idol winner/ Grammy-nominated singer/hometown hero Kelly Clarkson.

1So, who are you rooting for on the current American Idol? "This is awful, but I have not even watched it. Not that I don't like it, but I just don't have time to watch TV. If I do, I watch Conan. I'm not really big on reality TV, anyway. Plus, I've already been through it, so who wants to watch that again?"

2What was your first Grammy experience like? "It always becomes work when you're there, but it was cool. I took my mom. We had a blast. There was a point when we were on the red carpet and Sting was on one side of us, and Tony Bennett was on the other. My mom made a little noise. I don't know what that noise was, but I know it meant she was excited."

3Bummed you lost? "The thing that I'm excited about is that I was even nominated, that I was even thought of. I knew Christina [Aguilera] would win. She deserved it. Her record was, by far, the best record of last year. Well, Maroon 5's was my favorite, but hers was one of the best."

4What's the rest of your year look like? Working on a new album? "Already doing it. I'll be working with Ben Moody, the guy from Evanescence. I'll be working with some other people, too. I basically want to make a personal record but a more versatile one. I want to do some rock songs. I grew up with Aerosmith and Aretha. I've got so many genres floating around in my head. I don't like to be pigeonholed."

5Gonna stick around town after your show? "Thankfully, I have a day off when I'm here. But I'm not doing anything but sitting at home. I'm just gonna be at the house, resting."

-- Malcolm Mayhew

STAR TELEGRAM
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 02:04:26 PM »

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

Yeah Canada  :!:  :!:  :!:

I hope Clay sees this and knows how much we Love him tooo
PLEASE CLAY, COME TO CANADA - WE NEED YOU  :!:  :!:

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
playingclay
Claymaniac

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

Clay says that he is doing international stuff after the tour.  Well, Canada is international!  He gets a good following.  I REALLY hope that he comes here. :D

Love my clayshake---warm milk and a couple of scoops of vanilla icecream....especially at bedtime.
Keeper of the wind to blow the shirts up.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx