gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:15:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 381
Total: 381

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 17  (Read 3661 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: March 16, 2004, 09:42:01 PM »

Independent Tour: The Church of Clay

by Kayleigh Walsh (2004/03/16)

Arriving at the Nassau Coliseum on March 4th, clutching my front row tickets with bated breath, I stood outside, in the cold. This was no barrier to the legions of Claymates screaming and chatting like old college buddies, but since that very moment, one girl made sure this concert was HER concert. Young, maybe 14 at most, running up and down the throngs of people, urging them to get pumped for the concert, her concert. The cold was obviously hindering her success, but the nearby radio station lent her a hand, and gave her a mic. This helped. They also put on Clay's hit single, Invisible, and the crowd began to breathe in the excitement that hung in the air. The opening act for the main attraction(s?), The Beu Sisters, gave a quick outdoor performance, and the young girl eagerly spoke to them, as they stood astounded by her enthusiasm for the man we call Clay Aiken.
Then of course, we must enter the building, a mere hour later from the mini pep rally, and I take my seat, jaw dropping in awe of how close I would be. I'll act my shoe size for a second. "OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO BE LIKE SO CLOSE TO LIKE CLAY AND KELLY!" Ignore my outburst; I'm not like this most of the time. Honestly. I swear. Okay, maybe I am, but I'm NOT alone. I was surrounded by people wearing "Bubel-Aiken" T-Shirts, and toting signs proclaiming undying love for Clay. These people were normal, as far as they were concerned, and they were ready for a good ole time. The aforementioned girl sat clutching a sign of her own. One that pleaded, "Hug Me Clay!" Oh how I wish I could be so lucky.
As soon as Clay walked out, and finished the first song (A marvelous cover of "Kyrie") he moved right into Perfect Day. From about 2 minutes into the song, it was clear the concert belonged, not to the legions of fans, but to the young girl clutching her sign. Clay took notice, and BOY OH BOY when Clay takes notice, HE REALLY takes notice. For a good portion of Perfect Day Clay wrapped his slender arms around her leather clad sleeves, stared at her lovingly, and sang to her. I admit, I was jealous. Really, really, really jealous. All through the concert he would banter with her, and she'd say "I love you Clay" he'd giggle and playfully respond "I love you too darling!", and this girl would darn near melt. During When You Say You Love Me, Clay made it ABUNDANTLY clear than the young girl (I later learned her name, but I will not put it to protect her privacy) was the star of the show. He strode offstage with confidence, and pulled her into a close embrace. I heard him whisper something in her ear, but I didn't catch what. Ooh boy, jealousy meter? OUT the window, over the roof, into the sky.
He actually did SING too. Reeling us in with an ear-delicious cover of "Kyrie." Somewhere in the middle was Fields of Gold, which was magnificent, and his voice did shine in acoustics. This song roused a cry from the girl I have spoken about "CLAY YOUR HAIR'S A FIELD OF GOLD." Clever. Too clever. Can I have your brain... please?
He wrapped up the concert with Open Arms a slower duet with soulful Kelly Clarkson, and winked and waved one last time at the adolescent child, now drowning in hormone filled lust. She was a celebrity, as she walked out, people tried to hug her, they spoke to her. They knew her. She was the enthusiastic, spirited, pep-rally girl who hugged Clay. Clay knew her, we all knew her. And at the end of this article? I'm not so much jealous, because I bet she had the time of her life, and then some.
Some may wonder, why write an article focused on an unknown person, who happened to have a great concert. Because she was singled out there, and I want to make sure everyone knows Clay CARES about his fans. He saw this girl yearning to clutch him, he delivered. That is his genius, he can make us be insanely jealous, yet drool over the compassion he uses to induce such jealousy. He can simply touch his stomach, or began singing in a low growl erupting from the pit of his stomach, and induce hormone laced shrieks. To change around something Paula said to Ruben Studdard... this is the Church of Clay, and MAN do I believe!

BEAVERS ON IDOL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 09:43:17 PM »

VCR ALERT

Clay will be on EXTRA tonight with his favorites from the AI Top 12 show.

Check your local listings for time and channel.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 10:01:43 PM »

A CHRISTMAS ALBUM

It looks like we may be getting our much desired Christmas album! There was a post at the RCA board by someone who won an opportunity to interview Clay before the concert in Winston Salem Saturday.  Here is an excerpt from her post:

We asked about what they will be doing after the tour. Kelly will be taking a month off and then she is almost done with her 2nd album, so that should be coming out real soon! Clay is working on going overseas to do some concerts and stuff and then he will be working on his Christmas album! He said he won't really have any free time until late in the summer.

Does anyone remember the Open Arms duet from the Worcester show?  Does anyone remember reading about....Clay's hair during that song? Here's what he said about it:

The most enjoyable part though had to be them talking about embarassing moments and Clay said his was when he was back getting a massage after Kelly's set...I laughed at him about getting a massage...haha! Anyway, he was talking about how he went on stage and his hair had gotten all messed up because of it and his hair looked like wings on the side of his head when he came out to do his duet with Kelly. He reinacted it for us rubbig his hands through his hair and looking seductive as he sang "Open Arms" to us.

Laughing:
Jeannette
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 02:43:52 AM »

Thank you, thank you for that wonderful article!  I think he makes us all feel a little bit like 14 again!
FAITH
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 03:08:33 AM »

Well, that explains it! I have a download from the Worcester concert and in it, Clay had really 'big' hair!!!!! I thought his stylist was 'on " something that night. He still looked adorable!!
clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 03:30:22 AM »

I was at the Worcester concert and I can tell you that--his hair was quite the "buzz" after the show!!! Laughing:  Laughing:
It was only during Open Arms that he displayed that "look".  Seeing as that song is the finale of the show,  I was really paying attention more to his voice and performance (wanting to commit it to memory, etc) and didn't even noticed his "do" until the end!!! :D  :D   I must have been looking elsewhere. :oops:  :oops:

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 05:21:17 AM »

WooHoo!!! I can't wait for the Christmas CD!!!  Nor can I wait for tonight.  VCR is ready and waiting---

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 06:40:42 AM »

I was at the Worcester concert and remembered him coming out to do the final song and his hair was out there.  But no matter what he does or looks like I just love our guy Clay.  Getting a massage ha.  He really deserves it.  Wish I was giving it to him  OOps!

Lorraine
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:15:50 AM »

Yes, it's true.  I said to Lorraine and Deanna, did you see his hair?  So, here I sit thinking, well, this is probably a new look that someone is trying on him and loving every hair that was winged back and poofed out.  It was very funny.  But, like it was said before, he looks adorable in any fashion or hairdo.  I wouldn't have cared if he only had one strand of hair on his whole head!  Love for Clay is "UNCONDITIONAL."

Pamela,

In regards to the article about Clay and some of the quotes, do you know if there is a place where we can see the whole article that was written by that lucky interviewer?

Thanks,
Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 07:45:56 AM »

CHRISTMAS CD... YAHOOOOO!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
ChrisieD
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S CLAYNADIAN GIRL !!!

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 08:26:33 AM »

All I want for Christmas is a Clay CD :D  :D

Baby Dust I Close My Eyes and I Breath You In Baby Dust

UNCONDITIONAL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 08:32:07 AM »

The post from the girl who met and interviewed Clay is here:

http://rcarecords.com:81/webx?50@74.fTdGaRnub6a.2@.1ad5b095
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2004, 08:55:59 AM »

Thank you very much,  Pam, for taking the time to send this to me.  I appreciate everything you do!

Linda

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx