gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 338
Total: 338

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 16  (Read 5640 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: March 16, 2004, 04:47:52 AM »

THE NEW SINGLE HITS THE SHELVES TODAY!

THE WAY/SOLITAIRE

BUY IT NOW!  THANK YOU!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 04:48:09 AM »

News & Record
March 15, 2004
By Eugene B. Sims

Clarkson, Aiken leave fans happy with Triad concert

Television made a real-life appearance Saturday night in Winston-Salem with two of “American Idols” biggest stars.

Kelly Clarkson and North Carolina native Clay Aiken have thrilled audiences through “American Idol.”

The night started off with a brief set from the Beau Sisters. They filled 25 minutes with arm waving, stage sashaying, toothless teenage pop. Their songs were a capella for the most part. Occasionally, a lone guitarist would step up to flesh out the songs.

The Beau Sisters’ cliché lyricism stood out as much as their ceaseless chatter between songs. The sisters are easy to forget.

Kelly Clarkson hit the stage with “Low.” She had a very capable band backing her up. This allowed her to show off her rudimentary skills on the guitar that was buried in the mix.

Next up, a new up-tempo version of “Trouble With Love,” where her true talent got to shine.

But, once again, someone gave her a Les Paul that was just as beautiful as she was for “Just Missed The Train,” a rocker that managed to get folks out of their seats.

The pop song “Beautiful Disaster” was stripped down to its true soul with Clarkson being accompanied only by a piano.

The backup vocalists got to strut their stuff on the intro of “You Thought Wrong” during Clarkson’s costume change. The power of that song live was more potent than the recorded version. That made for an easy transition into a straight-up cover of Reba McEntire’s “Why Haven’t I Heard From You.”

Clarkson exhibited her own wing of pop obscurity with several songs from the ill-fated film she did with Justin Guarini. And, of course, a night with this American Idol wouldn’t be complete without a fluffy song that propelled her into super stardom. The audience ate up “A Moment Like This” before a true musical dessert titled “Miss Independent” came along to round out a fine, musical feast.

Clay Aiken opened up with a lifeless cover of Mr. Mister’s “Kyrie” as he traveled from the back of the arena to the stage. Aiken’s backing band was the same as Clarkson’s. They did double duty as Clay lit into a string of well-known songs such as “Perfect Day,” “I Will Carry You,” and “No More Sad Songs.”

Hollywood trickery was in full effect as Aiken stopped to take a cell phone and sing to the “person” on the other end during “When You Say You Love Me.” Clay and band broke out an unreleased song called “Without You” that lulled the audience into a light sleep. Thankfully, his song “Invisible” was quick to break the dormancy as Aiken strutted the stage with rooster-of-the-walk attitude – ironic considering the song is about NOT being noticed.

Aiken then toned down the stage presence for “I Survived You,” paving the way for an acoustic “Measure Of A Man/When I Need You” medley. He then finished off the night with James Taylor’s “Carolina On My Mind,” Prince’s “When Doves Cry,” and “The Way.” Kelly Clarkson joined him for the last song, a mechanical cover of Journey’s “Open Arms.”

I’d gladly tune into Kelly-vision. The rest of the night was made for channel surfing.

Eugene B. Sims is a DJ at WKRR, Classic Rock 92  

Hollywood trickery?  This guy didn't believe the cell phone call was real. BWAHahahaha!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 04:49:32 AM »

Clay Read Dr. Seuss to School Children Today

They just had a short piece on the local news (Winston Salem) about Clay visiting The Special Children's School. He visited this particular school because their goals are similar to his, which is to include kids with special needs in all activities. He didn't sing, but read to them from his favorite Dr. Seuss book.

From ca.com.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 04:51:24 AM »

The following Op-Ed piece was written by Clay in association with National Youth Service Day.  Thank you to FAITH for bringing it to us yesterday.  

To: Opinion Editor
Contact: Brian Morton of Youth Service America, 202-296-2992 ext. 11
WASHINGTON, March 15 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Following is an op-ed by Clay Aiken:

"Everyone Can Serve"

By Clay Aiken

Every April, this great country stands back on National Youth Service Day in awe of the amazing contributions that young people make to their communities 365 days of the year. Statistics show that my generation, and those kids who are following us, are volunteering more than any group in American history. You might say that we are the "we" generation.

This statistic about youth service surprises many adults, yet this is only one of the many false assumptions that kids deal with as they grow up in the United States today. For instance, when was the last time you looked at a young person with a disability as someone who could help you, as opposed to someone who needed help? Most people know me as Clay Aiken the singer, but long before I sang a note on national television, more than a few folks were surprised to learn that I was also a college student studying hard for my bachelor's degree in special education.

I am helping Youth Service America, the national leader of the youth service and service-learning movement, to call on all young people, including youth with disabilities, to serve their communities on the 16th annual National Youth Service Day on April 16-18th. Since most of our generation is already experienced as volunteers, we should have no trouble turning up the volume and showing the country that we are assets regardless of our age or our abilities.

As one who works with children with special needs, I am always inspired by Dr. Martin Luther King's quote: "Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve." With that in mind, I joined with my friends Diane and Michael Bubel of North Carolina to create the Bubel/Aiken Foundation. I was Michael's teacher when I was a student in Charlotte, and Diane was the one who encouraged me to audition for American Idol after she overheard me singing around their house. The Clay Aiken "Able To Serve" Awards, which gives young people with disabilities resources to lead service projects in their communities during and after National Youth Service Day, is one of our Foundation's first initiatives.

America is a great country that I am fortunate to be seeing in my new career. But as great as we may be, we still have so many unmet needs that could be filled by those of us who are under 25, from all kinds of backgrounds, and with all kinds of abilities. As young people, we are blessed with amazing energy, idealism, creativity, and commitment, and these are exactly the kinds of contributions needed at the problem-solving tables of America. If adults will only make room for us.

In fact, given problems such as poverty and illiteracy, we cannot afford to turn away anyone who wants to volunteer as a full and active citizen in our country. More than a decade ago, we passed the Americans With Disabilities Act, designed to increase access to public places, education, and jobs for the disabled, yet many parts of our society still fail to include these valuable citizens in their communities. Everyone's voice is needed and deserves to be heard. Think of all the people and the places in your community that could use your help, and come to www.YSA.org and register your National Youth Service Day project. As we volunteer by the millions in April, youth with and youth without disabilities will read to younger kids, plant trees, paint community centers, serve meals to the hungry, build houses for the homeless, dig community gardens, launch recycling programs, and much more.

Service, and the learning that goes with it, fosters citizenship, knowledge, and personal development in everyone, young and old, disabled and able-bodied. Youth Service America works hand in hand with tens of thousands of schools, national nonprofits, and local community partners all over the country in making National Youth Service Day the largest service event in the world.

Why don't you join us? You never know how good you will feel by doing some good, and you might learn to defeat some expectations and avoid what people may presume about you. And that's really something to sing about.

Contact: Brian Morton, Communications Director, Youth Service America, 1101 15th St., NW Suite 200, Washington, DC 20005, Phone: 202-296-2992 ext. 11, Fax: 202-296-4030, E-mail: bmorton@ysa.org
http://www.usnewswire.com/
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 04:58:32 AM »

CLAY'S APPEARANCE RAISED MONEY FOR BAF

After an exciting, sold-out concert at LJVM Coliseum Saturday night, Clay Aiken has extended his stay in Winston-Salem. Krispy Kreme and Clay would like to offer a special invitation to our Triad "Friends of Krispy Kreme" to meet Clay in person.

Clay will visit the Krispy Kreme store at 259 South Stratford Road in Winston-Salem TODAY at 3 p.m. for a limited time. Clay is visiting Krispy Kreme to meet our loyal customers and his fans, as well as to raise money and awareness for his Bubel/Aiken Foundation. The Bubel/Aiken Foundation seeks to ensure the education, community support, and inclusion of special-needs children into typical educational, employment, and recreational settings.

All sales at the Stratford Road Krispy Kreme during Clay’s visit went to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.

PICTURE HERE (Photo by Claydragon)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 05:00:17 AM »

FROM CARY MAGAZINE, AN INTERVIEW WITH FAYE PARKER

Faye’s garage is filled with fan mail, even though there is a post office box set up to receive it. “And it’s not just letters,” she said, still amazed at the effect her son has had on his fans. “There are beautiful quilts, scrapbooks, poems and paintings. I don’t know what to do with it all! Hopefully someday we’ll have a museum to display it.”

She even has the occasional rap at the door from fans a little too eager to meet their idol, or at the very least, his mom. She doesn’t really have a mentor to help her through this, but says legendary singer and musician Neil Sedaka has come the closest to meeting that need. “I call him occasionally, but I don’t want to abuse that relationship,” she said.
This, coming from Clay Aiken’s mom. THE Clay Aiken’s mom.

But that’s just Faye. She is content doing her own thing and simply being a fan in the audience as often as possible. She still has a son at home who needs her and clients eager for attractive window treatments and bed coverings. Her only involvement in her son’s career is making occasional appearances on his behalf and serving on the board of directors of the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, which her son founded to help children with disabilities.

“My friends need me, too,” she added. “They were there for me when my husband died a year and a half ago, so they are very precious to me. I try to spend as much time with them as I can. Church, too, is very important to me.”

As for Clay’s transformation from geeky college student to suave crooner who drives women young and old crazy with his fitted suits, fine gauge sweaters and flat-ironed, spiky hair, she gives him a “thumbs up.”
“I don’t know any kid who hasn’t experimented with his or her looks,” she said, chuckling. “He had a perm once and he says, ‘Mom, please don’t send out any pictures of that perm!’ I didn’t like how his hair looked at the “American Idol” audition, or his clothes. It wasn’t him, but he thought it was what they were looking for. I tried to tell him, but he wouldn’t listen.“His new look suits him well, except I really like his true hair color, which is kind of a strawberry blond.” she mused. “Of course, what kid is going to listen to his mother?”

Thanks to ca.com.
Claymate16
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 05:01:44 AM »

I wish we had had more notice about the Krispy Kreme thing, then I could go down and see him  :(  oh well... maybe next time
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 05:42:57 AM »

Thanks for all the info, but that Eugene guy, well, he's whacked!

Loved the article with Faye.
.“His new look suits him well, except I really like his true hair color, which is kind of a strawberry blond.” she mused.

Me Too, Faye!

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

cjrmax
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 06:54:26 AM »

I’d gladly tune into Kelly-vision. The rest of the night was made for channel surfing.

shock:  shock:  shock:  shock:

Huh???  Do you think this guy might be a Kelly fan or maybe yet another guy who is jealous of thousands of women screaming for Clay! This may be the worst review of Clay yet!

Gee, maybe we all are deluding ourselves thinking Clay is a good performer and singer!  Yeah, that's it. We all are delusional!  Wink:
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

ANN
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 07:41:25 AM »

THIS MAN AHAS SOME SERIOUS ISSUES.  IS HE DEAF?  HE COULDN'T HEAR WHAT THE AUDIENCE THOUJGHT?  HE COULDN'T HEAR THAT GLORIOUS VOICE?  THERE IS NO EXPLAINING THIS AT ALL.  

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 08:33:05 AM »

Did anyone get the impression from this review from Winston Salem was at the wrong concert.The guy must not know talent he made my blood boil.How dare he!!!! I think he is going to eat his words do you not think.            Glory very unhappy

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 08:39:08 AM »

I think this guy lives in his own world.  Deaf or whatever we know we the real deal is and will be forever.  Our guy Clay.

Lorraine
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 09:03:49 AM »

CLAY'S PROFILE AT MTV.COM

CLAY AT MTV

:mrgreen:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 09:14:30 AM »

NEW APPEARANCE JUST CONFIRMED

Clay will perform at the Ohio State Fair in Columbus, OH on Wednesday August 11.

This brings our Summer Solo Mini Tour Schedule to this:

Aug 6 7:00 pm Bethlehem, PA
MUSIKFEST

Aug 11 7:00 pm Columbus, OH
OHIO STATE FAIR

Aug 14 7:00 pm Clio, MI
CLIO AREA AMPHITHEATER
miladay
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 09:37:14 AM »

it's unbelievable the way Eugene Sims wrote that review.  I have read so many reviews about the concert and I can honestly say that 9 out of 10 reviews were giving Clay the utmost accolade. I could not believe what he was saying about the audience's response to Clay's performances so I went to AIRPLAY CENTRAL .COM and watched almost all his songs in the concert at Winston-Salem.  You could actually hear his fans screaming every time he sings. I am from Los Angeles and we can't wait to watch Clay's concert in San Diego, Anaheim and Staples Center.

I was thinking why Eugene wrote that kind of review for Clay.  It's either he is a great Kelly Fan (nothing wrong about that) but it is really frustrating for Clay's fans to read his review.  Of course, true Clay Fans will never believe a thing he said about Clay.  I hate to point it out though that most of the reviews I have read indicated that it was apparent that Clay had more fans than Kelly. I was even sympathetic to Kelly because she is a great singer in her own right and has her own fan base but I think those reviews come out because it so happens that she is doing the concert with Clay, and Clay has a bigger fan base (sorry, Kelly fans..it kinda hurts to admit it but it's just the truth).  I am not being emotional or biased about it. Clay's record sales, both for singles and albums speak for itself.
Well..that's about it. I just could not help but express my feelings when I read Eugene's review.
More power to Clay and God bless !
cjrmax
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 09:42:31 AM »

CLAY'S PROFILE AT MTV.COM

Species:   Geek
    North Carolina
Sign:   Sagittarius
Mood:   Ornery

I just love "Mood: Ornery"!!  Laughing:

Question - Did he fill out their profile form, or did someone from MTV?  Just curious.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 09:47:21 AM »

Invisible is the #1 Adult Contemporary song at Rate The Music!

Would you like to help Clay and rate the music?  Go and sign up.  You will be given the opportunity to rate Clay's music and more.  Thanks!

RATE THE MUSIC
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2004, 12:33:27 PM »

Hey Pamela, did you notice your post number? Cool. 8)

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2004, 04:05:31 PM »

This was a review from Winston-Salem NORTH CAROLINA? shock: No way! My daughter was at that concert and tried to give me a cellcert. When she called all I could hear was a rumble, static and the sound of a voice vaguely singing way off in the distance. I tried to tell my daughter I couldn't hear anything. She kept saying, "I can't hear you mom!' Then all of a sudden there was a tremendously loud ROAR! It startled me so I almost dropped the phone. The ROAR continued for a couple minutes - finally my daughter yelled into the phone, "Clay just came in. I gotta go!"
So where in the world was that reporter? Certainly NOT at THAT concert. Twisted:
caramel131
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2004, 04:23:57 PM »

It's clear from his article that he is a Kelly fan.  He did not have one good comment about Clay's singing.  And even though some journalist might not like Clay, they have always admitted to the fact that he is a great singer.  Although, I had not heard Kyrie before, I loved the way Clay entered the arena singing that song.  His voice was absolutely incredible.  It was a perfect beginning to the concert.  Without You is a beautiful love ballad and the concert goers was fully entranced by Clay's and Quinna's singing of this song.  We were not sleeping, we were soaking it all in.  What did he think we should be doing on a love ballad, hooping and hollering?

This guy must have taken a $150 correspondent course in music and journalism.  I say the regular reporter must have been on vacation or ill and this pathetic soul was sent in their place.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx