gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:33:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 351
Total: 351

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clay's wardrobe  (Read 5782 times)
clay4me03
« on: March 05, 2004, 01:19:58 PM »

Ok, I don't know about you all, but I think Clay forgot to pack for this tour!  I  have downloaded clips from every concert and so far I think has has worn the same 3 shirts and 3 pair of pants over and over.  I think I need to buy him a new shirt and throw it to him!  Yes...I do think Clay looks great in what ever, just tired of the same clothes!  Does anyone agree?  I hope no one gets upset with my post....just something I just noticed!  Clay, get well soon!  We love you and can't wait to see you!

Jacki
houstonclayfan
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 01:40:12 PM »

I tend to wear the same clothes all of the time too so its ok by me  Wink:  Besides, he is not in the fashion business (but he does dress extremely well  shock: ). So, I am happy with whatever he wants to wear  :P  Besides, him and kelly probably have only so much room on the bus, ya know ?
liney23
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 02:18:08 PM »

Also, some of the concerts are being filmed and for editing purposes they have him wear the same wardrobe so they can put pieces of different concerts, same song on the tape.  

Also, Clay is very much a guy in this respect.  They like to wear what they like over and over and over and over.  He's actually worn 3 different outfits and that's not bad for just 5 or 6 concerts.
caramel131
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »

I think he will change up between the three outfits he's been wearing throughout the concert for uniformity.
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 03:53:49 PM »

I'm not wild about the grey jacket either, but he's a guy and after hearing what his hair stylist said about it's comfort factor, I understand why he wears it. Hair stylist thinks it's cool.  And as pointed out, I would be happy if he was wearing his pajama bottoms! :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
Liney made a good point about the possible splicing of the tour tapes.   8)

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
songbird457
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »

Also, Clay is very much a guy in this respect. They like to wear what they like over and over and over and over.

liney, how true. I'm hoping for the blue shirt, stripey pants for Mar 11th - but if he wears the green shirt - I suppose I can forgive him.  :roll:

:P
tessie
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 08:06:35 PM »

OK sorry, but if Kelly can change her clothes 3 or 4 times during a concert, then there probably is room enough for Clay to have 3 or 4 different shirts.  The blue shirt is fine, but I am not a fan of that particular shade of green and wearing it in one concert was more than enough for me.  Clay is great, but I don't know who picks out his clothes!
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 08:15:14 PM »

All the outfits that I have seen Clay in were great.  I think that this concert is very casual and I really love anything Clay wears.  He could be in a tee shirt and boxer shorts and he would look great to me.  I don't think there is anything bad I have every seen in Clay.  Probably never will.

Lorraine
Seattle blues
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 11:04:11 PM »

The green shirt was not great and I do believe they are taping all of these concerts for a special.  The Raleigh show had a pretty extensive tape displayed on their big screens -- unfortunately with that darn green shirt.  It will be very interesting to see what they do with it.  

I think blue is his color; although a different shade of green with his eyes would look great.  Just not that shade of green.  UGH
houstonclayfan
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 05:58:07 AM »

Quote from: lorraine
He could be in a tee shirt and boxer shorts and he would look great to me.

That would be more than fine with me too  :oops:  Wink:
patti
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 06:11:46 AM »

The clothes he wears are really considered "concert outfits" --  think about it- most performers that go on the road wear the same stuff over & over again--  on stage.

They are  living on a bus- & I don't think there is much room for a complete wardrobe for each of them.

Anyway I agree with one response-  he could walk on stage in his underwear & I would'nt care !!!!!! shock:  8)
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 08:16:17 AM »

I vote for the T-shirt and boxer shorts.  If he wore the same t-shirt and shorts at every concert there would not be any complaining about what he wore or didn't wear. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
Ms. Hip Shake
SuperFan

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 02:42:11 PM »

Tee Shirt and Boxers? Cool with me!

I live in Canada, so I'm not going to get to see him on this tour.  I'm living my concert experience(s) through my Claysisters.  Therefore, I want ssoooooo bad to see Clay in concert, that he could wear a Krispy Creme box on stage, and I wouldn't care (that would make the WDC song/ bump/ grind more interesting, wouldn't it)?  

I think Clay has a method to all his madness.  I trust his judgement in everything he does.  It doesn't matter to me what he wears, as long as his voice is in good shape, he is feeling well, and he is enjoying himself.  He could wear anything, and I would jump for joy just to get to see/ hear him in person.  He's a doll!

Peace out, fandom.  Thanks for the memories.  Goodbye.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2004, 03:34:38 PM »

Quote from: LiftClayUp
I vote for the T-shirt and boxer shorts.  If he wore the same t-shirt and shorts at every concert there would not be any complaining about what he wore or didn't wear. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:

Yep, those are some funky outfits Clay has been wearing.  But once you get in there and he starts singing, you won't really notice.  Trust me!

Especially when you see what some folks in the crowd wear....eek.

Laughing:  Laughing:  Laughing:
tessie
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2004, 03:57:03 PM »

All I said was that I don't care for that shade of green!
clay4me03
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2004, 01:35:36 PM »

Thank you Tessie....I never said he didn't look great, just saying that I know there is enough room on his bus (I've seen the inside) for more than 3 outfits...I am sure he wears other things after the shows.  I really don't care, but I found it funny that Kelly changes 3x in a show, and Clay doesn't.  But he IS a guy and guys don't change as often as girls anyway.  I was just hoping he had more than 3 outfits to space them out more.  I love Clay in whatever too....just something I noticed...

Jacki
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2004, 02:07:07 PM »

Yep, those are some funky outfits Clay has been wearing.

Do you ever notice how Clay can pull that off though - he can wear some funky outfits but for some reason, they just look quite nice on him.  I like everything he wears.  Of course, I vote for the boxers and tee shirts too - who wouldn't??  Even the Krispy Kreme box would look great on him!!  I wouldn't mind that for breakfast!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
clay4me03
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 10:48:04 AM »

Yes...he does pull it off...I think because once he is there, no one is REALLY noticing his clothing!   It was just something I noticed watching all his videos.

Jacki
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2004, 02:43:24 PM »

The blue shirt is fine, but I am not a fan of that particular shade of green and wearing it in one concert was more than enough for me.

Weird as it sounds, I'm probably one of the few who loved the green shirt, jacket outfit from the beginning. (Although I was secretely hoping for those jeans he wore on the Ryan Seacrest show).  You really need to see Clay wearing the shirt in person to appreciate it.  The color doesn't photograh true.  It's brightness "frames" his physical slightness to make him appear larger than life.  When you're standing 10 feet away, looking up at him on that catwalk, you'll see what I mean!  Wink:

but I found it funny that Kelly changes 3x in a show, and Clay doesn't.

Trust me when I say you don't want Clay to change 3x during the show.  That would be 2 minutes X 3 costume changes = 6 minutes less of Clay on the stage.  And honestly, I couldn't bear the thought of that.  You'll want every inch of Clay in front of you for every nanosecond of the concert!  :)

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx