gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 330
Total: 330

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK MARCH 3  (Read 2062 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: March 02, 2004, 09:47:55 PM »

Where is Clay today?

7:00 am EST The Today Show - NBC (Clay and Kelly will perform)
5:00 pm EST Total Request Live (TRL) - MTV
7:00 pm EST Entertainment Tonight - SYN

Clay premieres the video for THE WAY on TRL today!  Don't miss it!  Check out the new TRL Warriors thread in Got Clay to talk about the video and to organize and strategize voting for the video!

TRL WARRIORS
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 09:50:20 PM »

Clay Aiken's Mom Reflects On Son's Fame, Security Issues
Faye Parker Thankful For Fans' Support Of Son
UPDATED: 6:18 p.m. EST March 2, 2004

RALEIGH, N.C. -- With the spotlight shining so brightly on Clay Aiken, the impact of all that fame falls around the family tree.  Things have certainly changed for "American Idol" superstar Clay Aiken since he became famous, but it is also affecting the life of those around him such as his mother, Faye Parker.  Faye Parker, Clay's mother, has been at his side ever since he was just another face in the "American Idol" crowd. Life has changed for Clay, but it has also changed for her.

"There are some times when I want to go in my house and shut the door and scream, 'Help, help,'" Parker said.  Parker almost always calls her son Clayton, and Clayton now makes the call on his mom's security.  "When I go to his concerts, he demands that they get me security because the fans spot me easy enough because [the media] have given me some public attention here," she said.

That was evident Monday night during her son's concert at the RBC Center.  "I did have security last night. She was supposed to be my shadow," Parker said. "Everywhere I moved, she was there and they, the security people, helped get my parents backstage and out of the crowd."
While Parker said she feels a little overwhelmed at the shows, she feels safe at home in north Raleigh.

"I really think Raleigh is a wonderful town and most people respect privacy," she said. "Some of the ones who really come around the house are from out of town."

Parker said she was uncomfortably cornered by fans in Chicago and Anaheim, but she said without the fans, she and her son would not be where they are today. "I'm just really grateful to them," Parker said.

Parker said she has a new technigue for dealing with autograph seekers. She has a stamp with Clay's signature on it. If the fans cannot wait for Clay, she will stamp away.

WRAL
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 09:51:32 PM »

Cingular Expands Super Tone Suite of Ringtones With Authentic 'Music Tones'

Among the initial library of available ringtones, with more added each month, Music Tones include original artist song titles from all five major record companies.  A sample of artists from each label includes:

Among the initial library of available ringtones, with more added each
month, Music Tones include original artist song titles from all five major
record companies. A sample of artists from each label includes:
- Universal Music Group -- 50 Cent, Sting, Black Eyed Peas, Sheryl Crow
- BMG Music -- Britney Spears, Kelis, Christina Aguilera, Clay Aiken
- Sony Music Entertainment -- Beyonce, John Mayer, AC/DC, Jessica Simpson
- EMI Recorded Music -- Coldplay, Chingy, Jane's Addiction, Norah Jones

PR NEWSWIRE
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 09:55:52 PM »

Fox News interviewed Clay yesterday about the tour, and about participating in the NEA's Read Across America initiative.  He also commented on the Super Bowl Incident.  

To see the interview, go to FOX NEWS VIDEO and scroll down to Clay!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 10:00:34 PM »

Take a look at a book. Get loose with Seuss.
Read Across America marks Seussentennial
By Icess Fernandez

March 2, 2004

The event, started by the National Education Association, is usually on the birthday of Theodor Seuss Geisel, better known as Dr. Seuss, said spokeswoman Barbara Parker.

(snip)

In Read Across America's first year, an estimated 10 million adults and children celebrated the event, national organizers said. This year, the National Education Association is estimating 45 million adults and children will participate including celebrities such as American Idol's Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard.

CALLER TIMES

MORE ABOUT READ ACROSS AMERICA

NEA's Read Across America

Started in 1998 as a way to get kids excited about reading, NEA's Read Across America has become the nation's largest reading event. The year-round program culminates each year on or near Dr. Seuss's birthday (March 2).

NEA
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx