gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 446
Total: 446

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 103886 times)
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #560 on: April 23, 2004, 08:40:18 PM »

I have some memories I would rather forget and some that I will never forget!...

My husband and I had tickets for the Columbus concert. We were to leave our town at about 4:00 for the concert start time of 7:00..we are about an hour away. Well..4:00 came , then 4:30 then 5:00..and no husband. I was ticked at 4:00 and by 5:00 I was darn near a blithering idiot!! I was in the car backing out of the driveway to leave by MYSELF at 5:45! I had NO directions at all but I was going to succeed in getting there no matter what!! My husband has a job that is stressful and answers to many people, so he sometimes can not dictate when he can leave but this was UNACCEPTABLE to me!! I had been looking forward to this concert and he knew it!! I felt disrespected, which makes me as mad as anything!! ... Well, into the driveway he pulls..jumped out of the truck..beginning to undress in the driveway..running through the garage..yelling to give him a minute to change and he would be back out!! So what did I do? Continued to pull out of the driveway!!!!LOL!! I came to my senses, pulled back in while he is running out of the house..dropping his shoes and tucking in his shirt!! Inside I was dying laughing but on the outside I was so mad I could not see straight!! After about 5 or 6 "I am really sorry, baby's"..I decided to speak to him! Not that nicely but words were forming from my mouth rather than foam!!! We are making good time..I am still driving..but I really can't go as fast as I want to..I have 2 speeding tickets on my record now..and with another one..could be big trouble in Ohio..so he is now offering to drive and get the speed ticket if needed...just as my resolve is letting down and I ALMOST agreed..we were on RT 315. Now because we are following directions from the Ohio State venue website, we know of no alternative route. WE are STUCK IN A DEADSTOP TRAFFIC JAM FOR ABOUT 10 FREAKIN" MINUTES!!! Ohio State Hockey was that night!!! Now my blood is boiling again and I am about to blow!!   We followed the cars that, of course I assumed were all heading to Clay/Kelly concert..How was I to know?...never been to a concert, never been in that area of Ohio...I thought everybody was late!!!! NOT!!!!!!!!! We are finally parked in the lower 40 of parking lots..I am running with my husband in 4 inch heeled boots..(I am kind of short and if Clay wanted to plant a kiss..I wanted to make it easier for him!!) We finally get into the venue..are pointed to an escalator and start heading to our seats. At this moment, I am drenched in sweat..my hair is totally drooping and my husband NOW HAS THE NERVE TO SAY...'You look really pretty tonight!!!" AARRRGGGHHH!!!If looks could kill...so....we make it to the area where our seats were located..I hearing yelling and cheering and screaming ...and I am yelling and screaming at my husband very serious bodily harm threats if we miss Clay!!! We make it to the edge of the arena..the little lady usher looks with her flashlight and begins to point with her flashlight where our seats were!! I am literally running over peoples feet, my heel on my boot gets caught in a ladies purse strap..I grab on to her husband for dear life as I am about to fall over the row of people below me and my husband NOW has the nerve to say.."Hurry up!! we are missing the show!!!!!!!!"   We are finally now at our seats...we sit down, I look up and see some pretty girls on the big screen and then...THE LIGHTS CAME ON!!!! we missed it! What a hoot!! I have never been so mad and so thrilled at the same time!! I did not miss Clay one bit!! Kelly performed first!! I did not speak to my husband until after the concert. While I was mesmerized...I loved everbody then!!! NObody could do any wrong...you would think...that is UNTIL he starts up again about my wanting to wait in the "LONG LINE" to get a program!! By then I just didn't care..I told him to walk to the car..and MAYBE I WOULD COME OUT!!!! (I knew all along I had the keys in my purse!!!! Otherwise I would have never done that!! I am not STUPID!!)

SO...although we had one he** of a time getting there..I have never felt such joy and happiness about a performer and the way he made me feel!!

In my husbands defense, he really is a good guy! After 19 years together, you know what buttons to push!!  He truly was sorry..but believe me..I will never let him live it down!!! HAHAHAHA!!

Lora-Ohio
Clay Aiken=My Hearts Desire
Luvwolves4
« Reply #561 on: April 24, 2004, 10:10:11 PM »

I went to the LA concert a few weeks ago and it was the best concert i have ever seen!!  I love them the most. I swear to god will kill me right now if i lie but i told my parents 3 months before the tour dates that, if clay and kelly had a concert it would be the coolest concert ever. Well kelly and clay did, but i was very upset when i found out that  they were going to be in grand praire (i live in Crowley) i was at the very least overjoyed. Then i found out i would be on my vacation then and i cried to my mom and dad and told them i have to go to one of thier concerts.  then they let me go to the concert in LA.  It was the best day of my life; It was a perfect day and i was thankful to be there.   [/u]
Achin'4Aiken
« Reply #562 on: April 25, 2004, 12:43:32 PM »

Same thing happened to me!! i love both Clay and Kelly, and I told my parents that they both should ahve a concert together becuae it would rock!! I didn't think in a million years that it would happen! i thought that kelly and ruben would have on together since they were the a.i. winners but it wasnt like that!! It was kelly and clay! i live in miami, florida, and i wished they would come down here and they did!! and the concert rocked!! I had a blast, it was the best concert ever!! I had to beg my dad and mom to let me go,because i knew if i didint i would have lost the once in lifetime concert with my two idols!!
liney23
« Reply #563 on: April 26, 2004, 02:35:30 PM »

This could go on forever, but here goes....

- Meeting Totally for dinner since we wanted to meet before driving all the way to Vegas.  

- Being invited back to her house to see her INCREDIBLE collection of Clay downloads and his AI performances for the first time.

- Driving 5 hours listening to CDs she had made of Clay's AI songs and demo songs and talking Clay the whole way.

- Meeting tessie and Bozena at the Pre-concert party and seeing so many other Claymates in one place for the first time.

- Signing the banner and seeing Faye's message to her son just inches from my name.

- Experiencing Clay for the frist time, as he came in singing Kyrie and being mesmerized by his power and by his power over the audience... he was sooo on that night.  You never forget your first time!

- Standing by the fence after the concert and meeting Quiana, Jacob and Angela.

- Meeting another Claygirl and driving to San Deigo, after being GIVEN my own Clay CDs, which I listen to daily.

- Seeing Clay wear the fedora for the first time... THUD!!!!

- Sitting behind Angela's mother and son in Anaheim.  Being glared at by Clay thru my binoculars during the intense part of I Survived You!  I felt the power of his eye frelling.

- Meeting Morgan in LA, who sold more than $17,000 in BAF lights during this tour.

- Being 2 feet away from Clay during his entrance in LA.  I could have touched him, but chose not to.  Don't regret that choice, just being that close was awesome enough for me.

- Every move, every note, every laugh, every emotion, every moment of all four of the concerts I was lucky enough to attend.

- Reading everyone's reviews, they brought back all the memories.

- Seeing the downloads of St. Paul and the FUN they had there... even with the sadness that the tour and it's intensity was over.

CLAYTON HOLMES AIKEN... Don't ever stop doing this, please.  You have brought so much joy into my life and I love you.  Thank you and all the beautiful people on this thread that helped make those wonderful memories!!!!
heartaiken
Claynewbie

« Reply #564 on: April 26, 2004, 11:25:15 PM »

Well, I'm so happy to be back to my favorite site, I just finished moving! What a change, I quit my job and moved to San Diego. Anyway, I  managed to get two concerts in, San Diego and San Jose!

I could go on and on when it comes to talking about Clay and then seeing him live, hearing that voice,awesome just awsome! So I must share a little part of my experiance. In San Jose Clay walked right down the isle we were sitting in, the voice came first then all of a sudden there he was. They had him so covered with security he looked like a pea in a pod (a beautiful pea) and they moved very fast. The lady in front of me touched his arm. I tried to put the claymaniac button in the pocket of one of his security guards, I think it must have been Gerome from what I gather. Anyway when Gerome came walking back towards our way I asked him to please give the button to Clay, he said he would. I wore my buttons hoping to run into other Claymaniacs but it didn't happen. Oh well, thanks to Pamela for having them made and who knows if Clay has it in his possesion he may just get curious one day and decide to check us out. I'm leaving for a trip to Italy in a couple of days and will be back after that to discuss more about OMC. I can't wait to see him again, he's great!
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2004, 04:26:04 AM »

heartaiken,
Welcome back!!!
Also enjoy your trip to Italy.

Angela

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2004, 04:42:45 AM »

HEATAIKEN WELCOME BACK.  HOPEFULLY YOU WILL BE ABLE TO FIT IN ANOTHER CONCERT OF OUR GUY.  NEVER CAN GET ENOUGH.  HAVE A SAFE TRIP.

LORRAINE
carolynm
« Reply #567 on: April 28, 2004, 11:16:21 AM »

My daughter Melissa and I are huge Clay fans.  Since the tour didn't include any Canadian stops (we're from Toronto) I decided to suprise my daughter with tickets to the Denver concert.  I bought the tickets on-line and managed to get second row floors.  Needless to say, when I told Melissa she was beyond thrilled.  A few months ago she began knitting a blanket for Clay's new puppy.  She hadn't gotten very far because of her homework.  She was now determined to get the blanket finished in time for the concert.  She worked day and night and spent the entire Easter weekend knitting.  Incredibly enough, she finished the blanket.  We made a big sign that said "We came from Toronto to see Clay" and stuck Canada flag stickers all over it.  We flew out of Toronto on the Tuesday morning of the concert and arrived in Denver in the early afternoon.  We checked into and gathered our things and headed downtown to the 16th street mall.  We shopped for a while, had a bite to eat and walked over to the Pepsi Center.  When they opened the doors we headed straight for the stand selling tee-shirts and programs.  Then we went to find our seats.  I've never had seats so close and ours were in the second row facing the left side of the stage and the first two seats directly beside the runway that came out the middle of the stage.  We couldn't believe our luck.  We met so many wonderful people especially two ladies who had already been to 15 of Clay's concerts.  They noticed Melissa holding the blanket and they told her if she were to hold it up when Clay walks by he just might bend over and take it.  That got her so excited!  The concert started and Clay was incredible.  It seemed to go by in a blur, everyone was so excited and happy to be there.  When Clay sang "When You Say You Love Me" about 2/3 of the way through the song he walked down the runway, directly in front of Melissa, sat down, took the blanket from her and sang right to her.  He put the blanket down and she held out her hand and he took it while continuing to sing.  It was so amazing, I think I was in shock.  I tried to get a good picture, but I couldn't.  Luckily, the lady in front of me took a great one and I managed to get a copy.  We had such an incredible time and we both have memories we'll never forget.  

I can't get the photo to work so here is the link to view it.  It shows Clay holding the blanket Melissa knit for Raleigh.  Enjoy!

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubgallery.asp?id_=712155
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #568 on: April 30, 2004, 11:59:25 AM »

IF THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME I THINK I WOULD STILL BE IN SHOCK AND THE ONLY WAY I WOULD COME OUT OF IT WOULD BE A KISS FROM CLAY.

YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!!!!

LORRAINE
HavinaClayAffair
Enthusiastic

« Reply #569 on: April 30, 2004, 04:42:33 PM »

That is wonderful!! So glad there is a picture to match your memories of the concert! Your daughter looks 100% enamored with Clay!! Thanks for letting us see it! Hope he liked the blanket too!!

Lora-Ohio
MelissaM
« Reply #570 on: April 30, 2004, 06:33:15 PM »

My clay experience is so amazing!  I saw Clay in concert in Denver, Im from Toronto and sadly he wasent coming there.  My mom completly surprised me with the tickets and they were 2nd row floor!  I had already started knitting a blanket for Raleigh but I wasent even near done so all easter weekend I was knitting like crazy and finally the morning before we left on the plane I finally finished it(my hands were dead but Raleigh and Clay are worth it).  When we got to the Pepsi center I was bouncing off the walls I was so excited.  We finally got to our seats after buying a program and stuff and I couldnt believe how close we were.  I was sitting right beside the runway sticking out of the stage and I couldnt believe it and the stairs Clay would walk up were right in front of us.  There we 2 really nice ladies there who had been to 15 of his concerts already and they said if I hold up the blanket I made he might see it and take it(I knitted a dog on it and Raleighs name) we also had a sign that said "We came from Toronto to see Clay".  When he came out I was screaming my face off.  Later in the concert when he was singing "When you say you love me" he about two thirds through the song he walked up the runway looked right at me sat on the edge of the runway and sang directly at me looking into my eyes.  He took the blanket and I reached out my hand and he held it as he sang to me.  It was the most amazing experience in the whole world.  I felt like I was going to die and I couldnt stop smilling.  My hand was tingling afterwords and I didnt wash it for 2 days after that.  I still cant believe it.  A lady in the front row took a picture of him singing to me and my mom posted it under "The independant tour" forum under "Incredible denver concert" There is a link there.  Sorry this is so long I just wanted to share it so much! :D
AdoringClay
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2004, 02:07:58 AM »

shock: Hi Melissa! GEEZ.  Don't apologize for your post being too long...I could have read it forever!  Tell us more!  He sat down and sang to you and held your hand.  And, he took your Raleigh blanket directly from you!  How Special.  Do you have any more to tell us?  What did he look like up that close.  Was his hand warm or cold?  Any other details...

If I were you, I would love your Mom forever.  She gave you a gift like no other she will ever be able to give...She made you so happy and gave you a lifetime memory of a great, great night...

Off I go to look at your picture...Clay Love to You!  Sue G.
AdoringClay
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2004, 02:19:58 AM »

:D Wow, carolynm...you have me so shook up, I'm crying here. Crying for two reasons:  The generosity of Clay and the way he showed his love to Melissa by taking the Raleigh blanket directly from her.  And, second, your love for your daughter by surprising her with the trip to the concert and Row 2 tickets!  What a thrill for her.  You have given her a memory she will never, ever forget.  

I think some Clay it Forward or type of "Karma" was working for you that night.  Because you were so kind and loving with your gift to your daughter, something shone down upon you and made Clay gravitate to Melissa and so he did something nice for her. (And, we all know he's a sucker for gifts for his little girl...)  Great story.  Thanks!  Clay Love to You!  Sue G.
clayfan104
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2004, 07:56:23 AM »

omg if that hapened to me shock: who knows what would happen shock: wow you r very very lucky shock: i am so happy for you :D
carolynm
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2004, 10:01:30 AM »

Thanks for everyones kind words.  I was very fortunate to beable to do this for my daughter (and me as well) and it was incredible how everything kind of fell into place.  I'm so thankful to have that picture and we even have video footage.  You can go to clay-media.com and download the concert video footage of "When You Say You Love Me".  You see Clay sit down and take the blanket and if you look close in the bottom left corner, you can see Melissa face (just for a split second).  She's watched it dozens of times.

Take care everyone.
Carolyn
Pyretta
« Reply #575 on: May 18, 2004, 09:20:56 PM »

and will be going again in sept to the Colorado state fair concert. The more I hear and see, the more I fall in LOVE....!!!!  He is AWESOME!!!!! The independant tour was Awesome as well.  My daughter is in absolute awe of him.  I never thought we'd both love the same person musically. Kudos to you Clay , and all the best!!!! Laughing:
Claymate07
« Reply #576 on: June 15, 2004, 11:44:19 AM »

My 3 friends and I went to the Clay and Kelly concert in San Diego and we decided to make shirts, Mine had a C, and we had and L-A-Y. One on each shirt. About halfway thru Clay perfromance, we were called down to the front of the stadium, right in front of the stage! In front of the front row! We were there screaming our heads off for about 6 songs, and during "The Way", Clay sat down in front of us and sang about half the song to us, AND he grabbed each one of our hands. We were flipping out! We have been trying to find some footage of this for months, so if anyone has some footage online, can you please send me the URL thru this message board. Thanks much!
Claymate07
« Reply #577 on: June 15, 2004, 11:52:24 AM »

OMG! That happened to me and my 3 friends, we still aren't over it! Hey is awesome! WE LOVE CLAY!  :D
claynadian
« Reply #578 on: June 25, 2004, 11:01:43 AM »

OMG!!! THAT IS SO COOOL!

I wonder If I ever go to a concert and did that If I wouldbe moved to front row. Of course I would need to find 3 friends who like Clay. hmmmm....
woman4life
« Reply #579 on: July 08, 2004, 01:16:07 AM »

Oh my!  I just found this thread, and I think I met you while we were all waiting for the bus.  Do you remember Kelly.. the comedian security guard.  He was sooooooo funny.  I was in Row 3 next to the catwalk.  I was able to get a few awesome pics.  :)

I didn't get a pic of Clay on the bus.  A couple of gals stepped in front of me, so I got a nice shot of the back of their heads. :)  I hope they were able to get a good pic.

I did end up going to the Anaheim and L.A. concerts and was able to meet Jacob in L.A.  He is so very nice... and funny, too. :)  

--Melanie
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx