gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:23:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 362
Total: 362

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Print
Author Topic: INDEPENDENT TOUR FAN REVIEWS  (Read 104154 times)
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2004, 08:23:44 AM »

JJ - I just read your story about the woman with cancer. I'm sobbing like a baby.  Cry!:  What a wonderful story and thanks so much for sharing it with us.  Shaiken (really shaiken)

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2004, 08:28:36 AM »

Brittany!  Yes, I got a wonderful picture of you two, and as soon as I take a course on HOW TO POST A PICTURE, I WILL.   Laughing: I just got them back on Thursday and had a CD made of them. Now it's just figuring out how to do it! And TIME.  Going to a square dance weekend to Oak Harbor Tulip Festival on Friday morning, and I'm making a new outfit, so not much time to spend on here. Will do my best ASAP!  Linda

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
achinginND
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2004, 09:18:33 AM »

I agree!  Clay was absolutely awesome!  I have been to countless concerts all over the world in my 43 years, but this was definitely the best.   :D   :o It was absolutely worth the trip from Minot, ND.  We met several other die-hard fans along the way, too--I can see why his life now is being compared to Beatlemania. There was one couple there that had been to 29 of the 30 concerts--WOW!!  That's the kind of devotion he inspires, though.  He is such a natural, talented performer.  His voice is flawless!   You could tell that he was having the time of his life--and so were we!  He had the crowd in a frenzy from the minute he made his entrance from the rear of the stadium.    8) I was bummed that he didn't sing Solitaire Cry!:  --I love that song!  I'm glad I have the CD to play...over and over and over!   I am seriously contemplating traveling again to see him solo.  Kelly was good, but Clay was AWESOME!!!    :D

[/img] Laughing:
Claytime
« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2004, 09:31:17 AM »

Clay found his razor!!!!!!!! Since I know that I am in the minority opinion, I feel like it was just for me (Ya, Right)!! Thank You Clay!!! I love the clean shaven Clay! He looked so HOT!

I'm with you on this. Laughing:  Facial hair is just not appealing to me.  There is something so desirable about a clean shaven man!  Especially Clay!    :D
OMG! OMG! OMG!  I absolutely loved you review!  It sounds like the final concert was truly a special one.  Yellow Roses ~sigh~ how touching. 8)
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #524 on: April 18, 2004, 10:18:01 AM »

I just downloaded WDC from Airplay.  It is a good video and is well worth seeing.  If you haven't seen it yet go to Airplay.  For those with Dial up I assure you it is worth downloading.  Don't forget to right click.  

Open Arms is cut a little short but you can see Clay getting the flowers out of the piano bench and giving them to Kelly.  

For those of us that weren't in MN this is as good as it is going to get.  
And it is pretty good.

Carol

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
CFCF
« Reply #525 on: April 18, 2004, 11:25:06 AM »

LOL, No one responded yesterday, so I didnt think anyone was interested. Just told hubby he gets to download pics asap for you all.
   We left Jackson's at about 5:15, got to Pepsi Center very easily, Denver is a beautiful city, and very easy to get around.  Parking was easy at the Center, and we heard Clay's songs being sung as we crossed the parking lot. Several local radio stations were setup outside, and one was holding a little singing contest. The winner got front row seats. The competition was fun and tough. Most sang Clay songs, a few sang Kelly songs, one lady sang so beautifully that she got a rousing ovation. I told her she could have beaten anyone on AI3, why hadn't she tried out. She was to OLD! What's with that? she sure didnt look it. She lost to another good singer in the final round because she forgot the words, but the audience picked it up and was calling them out to her, all very friendly     :D   We waited in line for a bit behind a couple who had traveled from out of state. The hubby was totally in to Elvis, had all of his albums, so we had long discusions (compare and contrast) Those around us on all sides joined in like one happy family. We let a lady cut in front of us who thought her friends may have already headed in, noone objected. Once inside we took everyone's advice from the boards and immediately got in line for goodies. DH bought our programs while we waited for the rest of the stuff.  The concessions line was pretty big, and a guy kept coming over and trying to move part of us to the stand upstairs, which apparently was fairly empty.  No one wanted to leave because we were already making new friends and having a wonderful time talking to each other. The guy finally shrugged his shoulders and gave up. When I got up front I placed my orders for tshirts for my daughter and I, goodies that had been ordered by my son's bus driver and my daughter's teacher, key chains galore, and etc. I had only heard one Kelly item requested while in line, so I asked my salesman what percentage of items sold were Clay's. He laughed and said 80%, definitely, and that it had been that way pretty much all along.  WooHoo!
    My daughter put on her new shirt, I was  already wearing a red one that said "Celebrate", pulled out all of our concert lights, two different kinds, two or three for each of us, made sure our Claymaniacs buttons were firmly in place, and headed in to find our seats. Not great but not bad, on the center aisle about half way back on the floor. Made lots more friends all around me, told several peeps about the site, since they didnt kno0w there were any, wandered out to get water for all of us, back out to powder our noses, then started looking for the metal stairs I'd been told about. BTW, I couldnt get up to the front half of the floor, guards ya know, but it didnt look like there was a walkway, and I couldn't find any stairs. Went and chatted up a guard, who totally didnt trust me or my intentions, apparently he thought I was trying to figure out how to get on stage shock:  I finally told him that I was trying to figureout which aisle Clay would be coming down, and that the stairs were supposed to be the give away. He told me he couldn't tell me anything, but that he thought I'd be pretty happy if I looked to the left :D
   I told the ladies around me, who didnt know that he entered from the back, that they should ignore everyone, and turn around and look to the left when his set started, they didnt believe me, and I felt odd when I did it , I was the only one, along with my family, and boy was it worth it :mrgreen:  
Anyway, ad for Accuvision came on Jumbotrons, with Clay and Kelly, and the crowd went wild. A little bit later lights went down and the Beu Sisters came out. I thought they were cute, and refreshing, and for an opening act, VERY good. I've seen some horrendous opening acts shock:  (Cher used a comedian on her final concert tour, and I thought that was the best). They did a nice set and danced well, and then it was time for the man :D
   Will have to finish later, family is standing around waiting for me, they want to take the dogs on a hike. More to come
Cynthia
tessie
« Reply #526 on: April 18, 2004, 12:55:37 PM »

Please come back and keep going.  Once again I feel like I am there again.  Can't wait to hear what you say when you finally begin to hear Clay.  Will be waiting for more!
tessie
« Reply #527 on: April 18, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »

You must be attracting all the Carol's with this review.  I read the second part first and am anxious for the third.  Don't know how reading a review of something thant happened four or five days ago can be so exciting, but it is.  

I want to go sit and look at the bus and know that Clay is sleeping inside the hotel.  What a good fan you are not to try and find out where he was!  Such self control is praiseworthy!
LiftClayUp
Claymaniac

« Reply #528 on: April 18, 2004, 04:16:22 PM »

Thank you Cynthia - I took a nap and just woke up.  I too, Like Tessie, will be waiting.

Carol

Clay is our gift from GOD!!!!!
needinaikenpills
« Reply #529 on: April 18, 2004, 06:46:21 PM »

that was the best concert! i was in row 21, seat 5. not bad, but when he came through the croud, i got to walk on the seats cause no one (hardly) was sitting there. i was about 5 seats away from him! I was screaming my head off! i liked it when he was talking on the phone. and, i found out, clay can get hotter seeing him live (not on tv).
Invisible Touch
Claymaniac

Minneapolis, MN

« Reply #530 on: April 18, 2004, 08:20:14 PM »

I didn't see this because I was on the floor but I saw this posted by ClayTrue on the Clayboard reviews and thought that it was cute:

I won't rehash, except to say the most precious part of the concert was when Clay left the stage singing THE WAY. I unfortunately was on the opposite side of the arena, but I could see into the hallway exit that he had come out of in the beginning singing kyrie. Anyone else see this???

He left first with Jerome behind him, and as soon as he got out of the arena, he quick turns around and literally JUMPS UP AND HIGH-FIVES JEROME, who then puts his arm around Clay and gives him a hug! IT WAS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!! Like saying 'YES, I NAILED IT'!!!!

Clay - You certainly did nail it!!

"Clay Aiken is an ordinary-extraordinary human being.  I hope we always remember to treat him as that human being rather than the idol he chooses not to be."  – Kathy Malamut (Beavers on Idol)
Anonymous
« Reply #531 on: April 19, 2004, 08:23:54 AM »

The Kansas City concert was "Wonderful"!! After my husband and I found our seats I looked up luvclay (Vickie) who had told me where she would be sitting. We visited for a few minutes and I took her picture. Then as Char said, between Kelly & Clay's set I got to meet Char and her friend Sheena and take their picture. It was great to meet other Claymaniacs!!! Clay's fans are such nice people!!!
Clay's voice was "Flawless"....absolutely amazing!!!! The gig with him swapping roles with the guitar player was so funny. And the gals teasing him about his hair(his hair wasn't as spikey as usual). And yes, he has a beard!! During the acoustic set at the end of "When I Need You" Clay and Angela were leaning toward each other singing and Angela decided to pull one on Clay and held her note so that Clay would have to also (kinda like a holding your breath contest) . Clay cracked-up started laughing,shaking his head...kinda gave her a playful poke and shook his microphone at her and made some cute gestures. It was obvious they were having a good time!! In the latter part of the show,before "The Way" he was on the catwalk and started to walk down the stairs at the end of the catwalk and stopped. He said.You know,I was going to walk down the stairs but I'm glad I didn't because they aren't there anymore!!! Hehehe!! The joke Kelly pulled on Clay with the wig was hilarious. Kelly really got him!!! But then he got her when he pulled the wig off her head and he put it on. It was too funny!
The only bad thing about the concert is that it had to end. My husband went with me and he was in awe of Clay's voice! He even stood on his chair as Clay was entering the arena to try to see where he was,Hehehe!! Clay was only about 6 or 8 feet from us when he went down the ailse (sp). I was glad that my hubby had such a great time! We have always been fans only he is not as obsessed as I am! He got to meet people before the concert and other fans sitting around us and now he knows I "AM" a "normal" Clay fan!!! When we got back to our room I asked him if he had a good time and he said he loved it and was so glad we went. I asked him why he sat down a few times...I though maybe he was bored?? He said because the guy sitting behind him was trying to take pictures and he had a big long lens on his camera that was bumping him in the head,LOL! My hubby was so amazed at the range of the ages of the people at the concert,very impressive! When we were driving home from Kansas City my husband said that he had been to lots of concerts in his day and heard many people and groups sing live....but Clay was the "BEST" singer he had ever heard in his life.....he choked me up,really!! I think he is now offically out of the OCD closet!!!

A friend of mine (who I have Claverted) came by Saturday to get the scoop on the concert. She was excited to hear all about it. I left the room to get on my PC for a few minutes and left her and my hubby in the other room. When I walked back in Paulette said Bob had something to tell me. He told me that we were going to the Kansas State Fair to see Clay and that Paulette was going with us!!!! Woo-hoo!!!
thanku_clay
« Reply #532 on: April 19, 2004, 08:31:36 AM »

The above post was from me...thanku_clay. Thought I was logged in.
Lily LePew
« Reply #533 on: April 19, 2004, 09:13:46 AM »

CFCF
  I'm glad to see that you enjoyed yourself.  Thanks for posting your experiance.  

Lily :D
karen28
UltimateFan

A "Perfect Day" is every day I listen to Clay!!

« Reply #534 on: April 19, 2004, 01:36:33 PM »

I'm assuming Jerome will stay with him throughout the Summer Concert Series.  How great that Jerome obviously likes Clay so much!  It seems like everyone who really gets to know Clay just loves him!!

Baby Dust I LOVE AND SUPPORT CLAY ~ FOREVER AND UNCONDITIONALLY!!!  Baby Dust
needinaikenpills
« Reply #535 on: April 19, 2004, 03:50:45 PM »

my friend ran into Jerome! She litterally ran into him! she was trying to find her mom! now she calls jerome Clay's Tower   Laughing:  and i got a migrane from screaming so loudly! but i liked it cause it's my Clay Migrane! Laughing:
TakenByClay
« Reply #536 on: April 19, 2004, 07:48:41 PM »

OK, I know your all prolly thinking, "Brittany! The tour is over! Give it up already!" I just can't! I thought it would be cool if all you you guys could post your favorite memory of any of Clay's concerts you went to during the tour. Mine is when he came out and sang Kyrie. I loved the way the crowd stood up and screamed "WHERE IS HE?" when they heard the music and him singing. I sure did, then when he came out i started jumping up and down and I was screaming so much I lost my voice 15 mins into Clay's set. And I also loved when OMC dedicated The Way to all of his fans. Whenever he said the word "you" he would point and smile at the crowd and everyone went wild!!! OK, that's my memory. Post People!!!! lol

xoxo ~*!Brittany!*~
songbird457
« Reply #537 on: April 19, 2004, 10:07:23 PM »

Brittany,
What a great idea!  :D I know we all have our own very special memories of the Independent Tour. I know I do (sniff, sniff).
Have you checked out the "Independent Tour 2004" section here at Claymaniacs? That would be a wonderful place to start this topic of conversation. Many have shared their concert stories and perhaps we can all compile our concert stories into one or two special memories for a collection we can all read.
Of course you can post here, but you could also post in that section as well.
I look forward to sharing and reading the stories/ memories!  :D
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #538 on: April 20, 2004, 04:56:22 AM »

MY FAVORITE MEMORY AND I AM SURE THIS WILL GO FOR LINDA, DEANNA AND ANGELA.  LINDA AND I KNEW WE HAD TICKET TOGETHER WITH DEANNA BECAUSE IT WAS PLANNED BUT TO FIND OUT THAT ANGELA WAS ACROSS THE ISLE FROM US MADE IT MORE SPECIAL.  TO TOP IT OFF AFTER LINDA AND I WERE COMPLAINING THAT WE PAID MORE FOR THESE TICKETS THAN ANGELA, AS SOON AS THE LIGHTS WENT DOWN EVERYONE WAS LOOKING AROUND TO SEE WHICH ENTRANCE HE WAS COMING DOWN AND LOW AND BEHOLD IT WAS OURS.  WE ALL TOUCHED HIM.  I WILL NEVER EVER FORGET THAT AND WHEN I GRABBED HIS STRONG ARM I WANTED TO DIE AND NEVER LET GO.  THE SPOTLIGHT WAS ON HIM AS HE WAS COMING DOWN THE ISLE AND HE LOOKED LIKE AN ANGEL.  HE IS OUR ANGEL AND YOU NEVER LET GO OF AN ANGEL.  JUST TALKING ABOUT IT AGAIN I STILL GET THE CHILLS.

MY ANGEL CLAY AIKEN......................

LORRAINE
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2004, 07:46:27 AM »

I have no personal memories since I have not seen him yet.Just listening to the tapes and reading your reviews has had to sustain me until Aug.I really do not want to go through the withdrawls you speak of.Anybody have wors of advice to help me recuperate fast.ha! But I do enjoy hearing about all that goes on.as you know .

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx