gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:29:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 522
Total: 522

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262754 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1320 on: January 05, 2009, 12:28:35 PM »

wave

Pepe, dudley, and all other "dog people". Lewis gave me a Yorkie book for Christmas, and I have come to the conclusion that Tuffy is not a Yorkie!  I think he is a Silkie Terrier, which is a cross between a Yorkie, and a Skye Terrier. Everything I have read about Yorkies says that they weigh 7 pounds or less. The book I received also said that one of the main differences between the two breeds is the fur - Yorkies have fur that will grow to the floor. Silkies have fur that stops at the top or middle of their legs. the texture is different, too - Silkie hair is more coarse, and a little curley. the two breeds look so much alike - same coloring, and color patterns. the book does say, by the way, that Silkies weigh from 8-11 pounds. Tuffy weighs 10. I just cannot believe that the people who owned him would have paid what they did for him (a lot) without knowing what kind of a dog he is! And you would think that my Vet would have said something, too! It doesn't matter - I would love his little mean self no matter what - but I just think he is not the kind of dog I thought he was!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1321 on: January 05, 2009, 03:06:27 PM »

FRANKIE, I was answering  your post and accidently sent you my answer in a pm.  I tried to copy it so I could bring it to the thread but it wouldn't let me.  So in other words I do believe Tuffy is a Yorkie, just a bit oversized like my Maggie who I lost four  years ago.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1322 on: January 05, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »

Just read your p.m., Pepe - thanks for all of the information!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1323 on: January 06, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »

Pepe sent me a cute picture of her Yorkie, Alli.

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1324 on: January 06, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

PRISSY, thanks so much for posting the picture of Alli for me.  She  and Pepe are in need of baths but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Little Alli was my son's dog and weighed 2 1/2 pounds when she came to my house.  She now weighs about four pounds.  When Preston came home from the hospital Alli stopped eating she decided she did not like a baby in the house.  Everytime my DIL would hold the baby to feed him Alli would try and attack him.  I took Alli for a week and she went back home and things got worse than ever.  My son said Alli had to go and I could not stand the thought of giving her to someone who might not take care of her so I said I would take her.  Now let me tell you I am to old to take care of a 2 1/2 year old Yorkie.   Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1325 on: January 06, 2009, 06:14:22 PM »

Pepe - I feel your pain!  Laughing Sometimes I think that no one over the age of 25 should have to keep up with a Yorkie!  lmao Alli is so cute - she should come down sometime to hunt turtles and horses!  lmao

dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1326 on: January 06, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »

PRISSY, thanks so much for posting the picture of Alli for me.  She  and Pepe are in need of baths but haven't gotten around to it yet.  Little Alli was my son's dog and weighed 2 1/2 pounds when she came to my house.  She now weighs about four pounds.  When Preston came home from the hospital Alli stopped eating she decided she did not like a baby in the house.  Everytime my DIL would hold the baby to feed him Alli would try and attack him.  I took Alli for a week and she went back home and things got worse than ever.  My son said Alli had to go and I could not stand the thought of giving her to someone who might not take care of her so I said I would take her.  Now let me tell you I am to old to take care of a 2 1/2 year old Yorkie.   Laughing

WRONG....MY GOOD FRIEND I WORKED WITH IS 61 YRS OLD AND HAS 5 YORKIES AND A LAB.....SHE DID HAVE 6 YORKIES BUT ONE GOT STOLEN ABOUT A YR AGO.....
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1327 on: January 07, 2009, 05:44:34 AM »

FRANKIE, Alli would love to run with Jack and Tuffy, she is a rough and tumble little dog.  The bad thing is I don't have a fenced in yard so I only let her out with a leash on but she runs thru this house like it is a race track so gets plenty of exercise that way. 

DUDLEY,  That woman has guts to have that many Yorkies.  My grandaughter has Alli's brother and when they are together they never stop playing and attacking each other, they would drive you nuts just the two of them.  How does Casper like sharing his mama with the new puppy????

dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #1328 on: January 07, 2009, 08:01:36 AM »

DUDLEY,  That woman has guts to have that many Yorkies.  My grandaughter has Alli's brother and when they are together they never stop playing and attacking each other, they would drive you nuts just the two of them.  How does Casper like sharing his mama with the new puppy????

I AGREE WITH THE GUTS PART....JUST HAVING THAT MANY TO TAKE CARE OF PERIOD ....... EVERYONE HAS ACCEPTED SOLOMON....HE AND HEIDI ARE PLAYING ALL THE TIME...HEIDI IS 1 YR AND 4 MONTHS AND SOLOMON IS A LITTLE OVER 4 MONTHS NOW SO THEY ARE GETTING ALONG REALLY GOOD....THEY CHASE EACH OTHER AROUND THE YARD AND PLAY WITH EACH OTHER AND TOYS IN THE HOUSE....CASPER IS BEING PRETTY LAID BACK AND NOT PAYING MUCH ATTENTION TO HIS NEW BROTHER....AS LONG AS HE GETS HIS MAMA'S LAP TIME AND ATTENTION IS IS A HAPPY LITTLE BOY.....YOU CAN SEE THE LONGER HAIRIER LEGS AND PAWS AND HIS LITTLE BIT OF A BEARD BETTER IN THESE....

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1329 on: January 07, 2009, 02:43:42 PM »

DUDLEY, what cute pictures.  Did  you get that email I sent you with the little dog pictures?  Now there is Mercedes, Casper, Heidi and Soloman.  You have your hands full.  How did you find Soloman?  Love the long hair on the paws.

JoAnn Moody
SuperFan

« Reply #1330 on: January 08, 2009, 07:34:29 PM »

Pepe-----Alli is very cute.  She and Sammy could be good playmates.
 bet
Dudley----Solomon is darling.  I bet he can win his Mama over with his big puppy eyes.

JoAnn

I would walk a mile for Clay's smile.
BOZENA
Enthusiastic

CLAYS POLISH PRINCESS

« Reply #1331 on: January 08, 2009, 08:00:34 PM »

I ADOPTED A 4th KITTY
A BIG BLACK BOY (18 lbs)
LONG FUR WITH WHITE MARKINGS
MY 3 GIRL KITTIES ACCEPTED HIM
3 OF THEM SLEEP ON THE BED WITH ME
HE IS SO AFFECTIONATE I CALLED HIM """ ROMEO ""

Clay.'s voice is beautiful
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1332 on: January 10, 2009, 05:23:17 AM »

wave

dudley - Mr. Solomon is so cute. Even as old as Tuffy is (he is 3 and 1/2 years old) he goes to the toy box and gets toys out (but he never picks them up). I can not remember having a dog before that initiates play - he gets the toy and brings it to us or to Jack to play.

Bozena - Mr. Romeo is a beautiful cat. I saw a sign in a store this week that reminded me of you and of Carol (Anniebell). It said "Cats are like potato chips - no one can have just one".  Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1333 on: January 10, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »

wave Fellow pet lovers. A friend who knows me very well just sent me this:

The following was found posted very low on a refrigerator door.

Dear Dogs and Cats:  The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food.  The other dishes are mine and contain my food.  Placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.

The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack.  Racing me to the bottom is not the object.  Tripping me doesn't help because I fall faster than you can run.

I cannot buy anything bigger than a king sized bed.  I am very sorry about this.  Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort, however.  Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep.  It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other, stretched out to the fullest extent possible.  I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out on the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.

For the last time, there is no secret exit from the bathroom! If, by some miracle, I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob or get your paw under the edge in an attempt to open the door.  I must exit through the same door I entered.  Also, I have been using the bathroom for years - canine/feline attendance is not required.

The proper order for kissing is:  Kiss me first, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt.  I cannot stress this enough.

Finally, in fairness, dear pets, I have posted the following message on the front door:

TO ALL NON-PET OWNERS WHO VISIT AND LIKE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT OUR PETS:

(1)  They live here.  You don't.  (2)  If you don't want their hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.  That's why they call it 'fur'-niture.  (3) I like my pets a lot better than I like most people.  (4)  To you, they are animals.  To me, they are adopted sons/daughters who are short, hairy, walk on all fours and don't speak clearly.

Remember, dogs and cats are better than kids because they (1) eat less, (2) don't ask for money all the time, (3) are easier to train, (4) normally come when called, (5) never ask to drive the car, (6) don't hang out with drug-using people; (7) don't smoke or drink, (8) don't want to wear your clothes, (9) don't have to buy the latest fashions, (10) don't need a gazillion dollars for college and (11) if they get pregnant, you can sell their children ..

bigsmile

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1334 on: January 10, 2009, 05:39:21 PM »

FRANKIE, I love it, that is darling and almost true!!!! Laughing  Thanks for sharing it with us!!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1335 on: January 10, 2009, 07:35:26 PM »

Frankie,
That was absolutely hilarious and with a lot of truth!  "sell their children!" lmao

Dudley,
Solomon is such a cutie.  I especially like that second picture with those big brown eyes looking up at you.

Bozeno,
Romeo is indeed a handsome cat.  Four felines for you and four "furbabies" for Dudley.  I think we will stay at just two shelties for now. Yes!

wave to Pepe and others checking in!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1336 on: January 10, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »

wave

I took these last week on a very rainy day. I let the dogs out for what I thought was a few minutes - usually they do not like the rain. But the horses next door started running and playing in the rain (there are 4 horses, but they were running so fast I only got photos of two). Tuffy hates horses when they are standing still  Laughing and he got so upset  with all of the running that even Jack started running and barking (usually the horses and Tuffy do not bother him at all). Anyway, here is what I have for entertainment - the McBryde Circus:

Click to make bigger - I was standing on our back porch and it was pouring rain - here is a photo of the horses only, looking straight back to our back fence:

The horses ran all the way to the side of our yard - if you look closely, you can see Tuffy along the fence - hard to see because he is brown like the grass:

Jack in action - again - looking straight out our back door:

EDIT - I got photos of three of the horses, I see - the only one I missed is a brown Shetland pony that lives there, too.

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1337 on: January 11, 2009, 06:38:03 AM »

FRANKIE, great pictures, I really enjoyed looking at them.  Kind of a misty, foggy day added great character to the pictures.  Looks like the dogs and the horses had fun!!!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1338 on: January 11, 2009, 07:35:11 AM »

Frankie,

Wonderful pictures of the horses and Tuffy and Jack.  I'm glad you made them clickable so we could see the larger shots.  The dogs are cute running along the fence.  I bet that gives them plenty of exercise.  I think our Shadow and Sandy need more exercise, but since they now know they can jump a fence, we are fearful of leaving them outside when we are not home.  We are going to have to figure out a way to "contain" them in the yard!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1339 on: January 18, 2009, 05:22:03 PM »

I took this photo of Jack and Tuffy on our walk today. (We did not leave our yard, so no need for leashes).

(They still won't smile for pictures)

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx