gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:30:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 402
Total: 402

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262724 times)
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #900 on: February 10, 2008, 05:56:58 AM »

Thea:  that the only part i hate going on vacation missing my girls.

Rainey:  you are the exception:  you are a very  caring person .  but you love Tammy's pugs and if you met my Chloe you would love her to... So you do have pets just not in your house......

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #901 on: February 10, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »

Poem For Cats

And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.

Author Unknown

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
claydevotee
« Reply #902 on: February 10, 2008, 07:47:18 PM »

Not everyone is meant to have a pet , me included and it doesn't mean that I am a bad person,  but for you many others here on the pet thread, you guys are very special. 

RAINEY:  You are so right!  I believe that some people are just "called" to be pet lovers.  IMHO It is a spiritual gift; not everybody possesses the same spiritual gifts.     As Sasha mentioned,  you a loving and caring person.  You are a wonderful mother and grandmother.   Huggles  Besides, circumstances differ in our lives;  there have been times in mine when having a pet in the house was just not feasible.

SASHA, that is such a beautiful poem.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us! 

lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #903 on: February 11, 2008, 06:45:56 AM »

I thought I would bring over an updated picture of my yellow lab, Yankee.  He is now 17 months old and such an adorable and loveable baby!!!  He is playing with his octupus he got for Christmas.

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
claydevotee
« Reply #904 on: February 11, 2008, 07:09:47 AM »

Hi Lori!!!

Welcome to the pet thread!!!!  I think I remember your posting last year about getting a new yellow lab.  AWWWWWWWWW ! Yankee is absolutely gorgeous and looks so strong and athletic.  Is he "kind" to his toys or is he trying to rip the squeaker out of the octopus' throat?   Usually when Mimi gets a toy, within a day the squeaker has been torn out and the stuffing is all over the house!!!!!  Laughing

dog  dog dog dog dog dog dog dog

ATTENTION ALL DOG LOVERS.  DON'T MISS THE WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB BEST IN SHOW COMPETITION TONIGHT AT 7 P.M. CENTRAL ON THE USA CHANNEL.  THIS IS A MUST-SEE!!!!
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #905 on: February 11, 2008, 07:37:02 AM »

Hi Lori!!!

Welcome to the pet thread!!!!  I think I remember your posting last year about getting a new yellow lab.  AWWWWWWWWW ! Yankee is absolutely gorgeous and looks so strong and athletic.  Is he "kind" to his toys or is he trying to rip the squeaker out of the octopus' throat?   Usually when Mimi gets a toy, within a day the squeaker has been torn out and the stuffing is all over the house!!!!!  Laughing

dog  dog dog dog dog dog dog dog

ATTENTION ALL DOG LOVERS.  DON'T MISS THE WESTMINSTER KENNEL CLUB BEST IN SHOW COMPETITION TONIGHT AT 7 P.M. CENTRAL ON THE USA CHANNEL.  THIS IS A MUST-SEE!!!!

HI Thea!   Oh, he tears them to shreds!!  I bought him a crab that had the rope things for legs.  Once he tore it open, I was able to tear out the stuffing and give it back to him.  He has torn one claw of it, other  than that - he still throws it around the house.  It's nasty, but he loves it!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
claydevotee
« Reply #906 on: February 11, 2008, 09:05:31 AM »

HI Thea!   Oh, he tears them to shreds!!  I bought him a crab that had the rope things for legs.  Once he tore it open, I was able to tear out the stuffing and give it back to him.  He has torn one claw of it, other  than that - he still throws it around the house.  It's nasty, but he loves it!!

lmao LORI.  They're so fun to watch.  We refer to Mimi's toys as her "babies", but somehow she hasn't developed the mothering instinct!  Paranoid  There is stuffing all over the house...hard to keep up with , but so worth it!!!!  We used to replace the toys as soon as she would "desqueak" them, but now we just keep them.  Meanwhile the collection of "babies" under our family room coffee table continues to grow!!!  Laughing
claydevotee
« Reply #907 on: February 12, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »

LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE WESTMINSTER "BEST IN SHOW"----- UNO, the 15 Inch Beagle!!!!    Clapping Clapping Clapping

AWWWWWWW!!!   Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!! Super Happy!!!
claydevotee
« Reply #908 on: February 13, 2008, 05:14:39 PM »

Any beagle owners here, Claymaniacs?  After the Westminster Dog Show win, I have a feeling beagles will become verrrrrryyyy popular!!!

KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #909 on: February 13, 2008, 05:59:12 PM »

That dog was so cute! If I didn't already have my two kitties I'd get a dog.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claydevotee
« Reply #910 on: February 13, 2008, 06:21:24 PM »

That dog was so cute! If I didn't already have my two kitties I'd get a dog.

MEESA, there's a time and a season for everything.  Someday when things settle down for you will be the time for you to get a dog.  They're a lot of work, and  I know you already have your hands full with Grandma's failing health, your job, etc.  Someday I know you'll be a wonderful "doggie mommy"!!!  Huggles Meanwhile, hug those sweet little kitties..."Pepsi" and ?????
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #911 on: February 13, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »

Thea - I used to have a dog, a collie named Mindy. She was so sweet. Hopefully I'll be able to do that again. My other kitty is Roy.  Wink

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #912 on: February 14, 2008, 02:28:04 PM »

Lori
Your Lab is adorable.

Lorraine
I know you are a lover of animals.  You are such a great aunt to my girls.  Huggles  You don't have to own a pet to love them..  I think the worst thing someone could do is get a pet and never be home to spend time with it.

Sasha
That's a lovely poem. Huggles  I can't wait to meet Chloe as well.

Thea
My mother told me about the Beagle that won..  She said it was adorable.  I'm going to have to google it online.  Beagles were one of the dogs we were looking for on our hunt before we got our pugs.  We went to a house to see the puppies but so much of the room was chewed up.  eek!  My friend also had two that were cute but they liked to dig up her yard.  I realized at that time it had a little more energy for me then I wanted at the time but I know they make wonderful pets.

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #913 on: February 14, 2008, 07:10:07 PM »

Dress the Kitty

Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
claydevotee
« Reply #914 on: February 14, 2008, 07:15:07 PM »

MEESA!   lmao lmao  Pepsi is quite the sexy little Valentine thang in her red hat!!!!  lmao lmao

Thea
My mother told me about the Beagle that won..  She said it was adorable.  I'm going to have to google it online.  Beagles were one of the dogs we were looking for on our hunt before we got our pugs.  We went to a house to see the puppies but so much of the room was chewed up.    My friend also had two that were cute but they liked to dig up her yard.  I realized at that time it had a little more energy for me then I wanted at the time but I know they make wonderful pets.

TAMMY, I agree that beagles make wonderful pets, but only for somebody who has a lot of experience and patience in training dogs. I'm concerned that because of Uno's "Best in Show" title many people will want to adopt beagles without knowing what a challenge they can be to train.  When the new owners finally tire of the chewing and the digging, I'm afraid that a lot of these puppies will end up in dog shelters because their owners' couldn't handle them.  I remember when "101 Dalmatians" was a hit movie; many people went out to buy Dalmatians for their children, only to find out that they are not always a good house pet for a family in a small house with small children.  So many of these Dalmatians ended up in shelters;  how sad!

Anyway, I think you made a great choice in adopting pugs!  My brother and SIL have pugs, and they are such fun-loving, obedient and loyal little doggies!  If they didn't shed so much, I would have adopted pugs, too.  Unfortunately, our family is highly allergic to dog hair, so that's why a goldendoodle is the perfect dog for us!!!
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #915 on: February 15, 2008, 03:25:11 AM »

Thea
That is a good point.  I hope people don't go and  get beagles or any other dog for that matter without doing their research.  I agree about the shedding of a pug.  To me it's their only downfall.  I don't wear any dark colors around the house and put them on before I head out the door.  I also own quite a few of the lint rollers.  Laughing

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #916 on: February 16, 2008, 05:01:48 AM »

Thea:  that the only part i hate going on vacation missing my girls.

Rainey:  you are the exception:  you are a very  caring person .  but you love Tammy's pugs and if you met my Chloe you would love her to... So you do have pets just not in your house......

Sasha
THANKS SASHA.   Huggles  I DO LOVE ALL PETS BUT IT IS A LOT OF RESPONSIBILITY TAKING CARE OF THEM AND I JUST KNOW I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO DO THAT.  WELL AT LEAST NOT RIGHT NOW.
lorraine
Enthusiastic

« Reply #917 on: February 16, 2008, 05:05:04 AM »

RAINEY:  You are so right!  I believe that some people are just "called" to be pet lovers.  IMHO It is a spiritual gift; not everybody possesses the same spiritual gifts.     As Sasha mentioned,  you a loving and caring person.  You are a wonderful mother and grandmother.     Besides, circumstances differ in our lives;  there have been times in mine when having a pet in the house was just not feasible. 

Thank you Thea.  For now I will be an aunt to all of my friends pets.  Love from a distance.  Right.  Just like I did with Clay for so many years.

I did love that Beagle that won.  He was such a cutie.

Okay thanks everyone for letting me lurk.

Hugs
Rainey wave wave wave
claydevotee
« Reply #918 on: February 16, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »

Thank you Thea.  For now I will be an aunt to all of my friends pets.  Love from a distance.  Right.  Just like I did with Clay for so many years.
But then look what happened!!!!  Clapping
I did love that Beagle that won.  He was such a cutie.

Okay thanks everyone for letting me lurk.

Hugs
Rainey   

Lurk away and post whenever you feel like it, "AUNTIE LORRAINE"!  You are always welcome here, my friend.  Huggles

claydevotee
« Reply #919 on: February 16, 2008, 06:56:17 PM »

In case any of us has been living under a rock the past week  Laughing , here is a photo of  Uno, the beagle that won the Westminster Kennel Club "Best in Show" and also stole our hearts in the process!!!  :heartburst
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx