gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:59:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 335
Total: 335

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262775 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #840 on: December 11, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »

Thea - I did not know how to post photos at all, until I attended the Claymaniacs Social in North Carolina over 2 years ago. Clandy held a computer class for the Hopelessly Computer Challenged!   Laughing She gave out great printed information - I learned from the Best!  Clapping Clapping Clapping

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claymate27
Claymation

"The best hasn't happened yet!"

« Reply #841 on: December 12, 2007, 07:04:57 AM »

ClayFan for Life!
claymate27
Claymation

« Reply #842 on: December 12, 2007, 07:08:40 AM »

TY,TY,TY,TY,TY,TY,TY,A MILLION TIMES OVER FRANKIE.....I couldn't have done it without ya! I feel so special now!! ROFLMAO..btw...that's my cat Angel....

that's Lennon

That's Daisy

this is Bunnie

ClayFan for Life!
Cleopatra
« Reply #843 on: December 12, 2007, 09:15:33 AM »

Cleopatra - I love your beautiful pets, especially your Jack Russell. We just adopted Jack, who is half Jack Russell, half Snauzer - he is also 8 months old. He is VERY active - we've been told that is the Jack Russell part! there are photos of him in this thread.

Thank you, i've just watched the pictures of your dog, he is really lovely. I like your rooster too, I had a chicken that looked like him, but someone stole her Cry!

Here is a better photo of Nirri. She's 6-7 weeks old here:

(OMG, this quote thing is a bit hard for me. I modified my message 7 times to look like this Laughing ROFLMAO Laughing)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #844 on: December 12, 2007, 05:06:07 PM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping Claymate27!!! I knew you could do it! You really have beautiful cats - and I'm impressed that one likes to wear a Santa hat  Laughing

Cleopatra - Nirri is sweet.

I am glad to see you both posting here!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
claydevotee
« Reply #845 on: December 12, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »

Claymate27!!! I knew you could do it! You really have beautiful cats - and I'm impressed that one likes to wear a Santa hat 

Cleopatra - Nirri is sweet.

I am glad to see you both posting here!

I second that, FRANKIE!  Welcome to Nirri, Angel, Lennon, Daisy, Bunny and their "mommies"! 
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #846 on: December 12, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

Nirri is adorable!

We need an "aaawwwww" emotie Laughing

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
claydevotee
« Reply #847 on: December 12, 2007, 07:09:35 PM »

We need an "aaawwwww" emotie

We really do for this thread, MOONSHOT!  Let's start looking, OK?  Huggles
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #848 on: December 12, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »

We need an "aaawwwww" emotie

We really do for this thread, MOONSHOT!  Let's start looking, OK?  Huggles

Laughing I have been! Might have to have one made. Huggles

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #849 on: December 13, 2007, 03:58:01 AM »

Lolita
What happened to your neighbors dog that you took in?  What a special thing for you to do. Huggles

Prissy
Love the Bambi and Thumper pictures.. Smile

Frankie
I love the little bow on Daisy.  How is her training going?  What a sweet picture of Kaitlyn the fur babies and the horse.

Cleopatra
I love the pictures of your dog and cats.. My sister has a Jack Russel as well.  I'll have to find some pictures to post of him..

Claymate27
I love all your kitties.  Especially the one in the santa hat.. Laughing  My cats love to get in my dresser drawers as well..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
claymate27
Claymation

« Reply #850 on: December 13, 2007, 09:00:54 AM »

Thanks guys for being so welcoming! I love my babies!

I love this pic....of Bunnie in a box!! ROFLMAO

ClayFan for Life!
Cleopatra
« Reply #851 on: December 17, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »

I have my computer fixed, so all my photos are on my computer now.

She is Percy, my neighbour's 10 years old dog. My neighbours don't really care for her, she's always on the street. She's like our second dog and I love him like my own.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #852 on: December 17, 2007, 10:47:52 AM »

IF YOU HAVE BIG DOGS AND LITTLE CHILDREN IN YOUR HOUSE, PLEASE READ THIS SO THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO YOUR FAMILY!

Last Saturday morning, December 8th, my son Chayse had a little friend spend the night.  He's been sleeping over and coming to my house for over two years now - he's like family.  His name is Tyler and he's 10, same as Chayse.

Tyler woke up very early, before it was even light outside, and couldn't fall back to sleep so he went into the living room to play the XBox.  Unfortunately, the game was on fairly loud, and at one point it simulated the sound of breaking glass.

With the poor lighting and the sound of shattering glass, all I can figure is that my dog, Nala, must have thought he was an intruder.  She attacked him.

Viciously.

I woke to his screaming for help.  It was chaotic, I was startled and acting on my emergency healthcare worker training and just kind of ran on auto pilot.  I took him into the bathroom, wet a clean towel and put it on his face, which was covered in blood.

When I pulled the towel back to assess his injuries I nearly fell over.  My dog literally ripped the child's face apart.  Among several other deep puncture wounds, there was an area of his face under his nose and extending to his upper lip that was literally GONE, as was the tooth.  The gap in his upper lip was about as wide as an adult's finger - there was just nothing.  And the Xrays showed that she hit him with such force that she broke his jaw, that's why the tooth came out.

He also had a puncture wound on his lower jaw that missed his carotid artery by less than 1/8 of an inch that was so deep the surgeon could stick his whole finger in it.

Thank God, Tyler brought his hands up to his neck to protect himself.  When they lined up the bite marks, there was one on his finger - the finger that they believe was covering his jugular, that was bitten to the bone.

He required 4 hours of reconstructive surgery on his face.  They rebuilt his jawbone in front and put his tooth back in, but we have to wait and see if it will take or if his body will see it as foreign now and reject it.  If that happens he will have to wear a retainer with a fake tooth until he is 18.

And Tyler's family is moving to another state this week because his father got a new job.  Which means they're in between insurance plans.

No insurance.  And the medical bills are my responsibility.  Tyler's parents have been very understanding and kind under the circumstances, but they want me to sign a notarized agreement that I will assume responsibility for the bills because they "Don't want to sue" me.

In addition, this is Nala.  I got her from my kids for mother's day when she was 6 weeks old.  She'd be 6 in April and she has never bitten anyone or shown the slightest bit of aggression whatsoever.  Being ill and dealing with depression, she has been my equivalent to a Seeing Eye Dog.  She is loving and sweet - she sleeps at my feet when I'm ill and when it gets cold at night and Chayse kicks the blankets off, she lays on him to keep him warm.

I had to surrender her to animal control the day it happened, which I did willingly.  Kandise took her in, my poor, sweet daughter.  Kandise had to climb in the kennel to get Nala to go in, she was so afraid.  My sad little girl.  And Tyler's family requested that she be put down.

I signed the papers, even though I thought it was going to kill me, because I want to respect their wishes and because I love Tyler, too.  And the taste of blood changes a dog, I know that.  But I'm sick and all twisted up inside about it because I know she didn't mean to hurt an innocent little boy.  She went for the throat, so she obviously thought he was a threat and she was protecting her family.  Tyler said he grabbed her muzzle and held her mouth closed and shouted her name, and as soon as he called her name she stopped and she sat when he told her to.  She did not follow him down the hall to my room.  Once she realized who he was, she stopped.

If he had stayed in Chayse's room like he usually did ... if he hadn't happened to choose that particular game ... if Nala had been in my room with me instead of loose in the house ... and a hundred other Ifs that will haunt me forever.  This was a freak thing that is no one's fault, but it was 100% avoidable. 

But they've labeled her a "vicious animal", for which I have received a citation.  She's being held in quarantine for 10 days, even though she had her rabies shot and the child tested negative, and we can't even see her to say goodbye.

She's not eating or drinking and she won't come out of her cage.  She's too afraid.  She's never spent a single night away from us since we got her.

In addition to all the medical bills, I have to pay $100 for the quarantine and $40 for the euthanasia.  I have to pay them to kill my dog.  And I have to pay it within 4 days after Nala is put down.  She'll be put to sleep on the 18th (waiting is horrifying) so that puts the due date at December 22nd.

I tried to explain that I am on disability and a very fixed income, and that I'm struggling to get Christmas for my kids.  Could I please pay in January...  He said if I don't pay by the 22nd, I get another citation and a court summons.  I told him to go ahead and do that, because I know for a fact that the courts in Utah make payment agreements with people.

Merry freaking Christmas, huh?

I'm not dealing with this well.  I just can't function.  I cry, I pray for comfort, I cry some more.  I just can't handle it.  I can't function.  I want my dog.  I want Tyler to have his perfect little face back.  I want the horrors in my mind to go away, the screaming, the blood - it took 2 hours for my family to get the blood out of my carpet and off my walls, my bedroom door where he came to get me - looking at this little boy I love and seeing him suffer so horribly, and knowing the dog I love so very deeply did this monstrous thing.

And Chayse was here.  He didn't see the attack itself and I kept the towel over the worst of the injuries, but he woke up to the screaming too, and he saw his mom covered in his friend's blood - on my face, in my hair, all over my clothes.  He's having horrible nightmares...

It's like being stuck in a horror movie.

Maybe after the 18th comes and Nala is put down, then we can finally grieve and try to move forward.    Right now we're in limbo ... which I believe in many religions is referred to as purgatory.  I would have to agree with that.

It's tomorrow ... she'll be put down tomorrow, and as if they know it - there are crows on my fence in the backyard cawing. 

I hate crows.

Learn from my mistake and Nala's ultimate sacrifice.  Lock your dogs up safe and snug when you have other people's children in your home.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone, and I would give anything to turn back time and take precautions, anything so I could have my sweet dog back.  She's a part of me, and I am at a loss without her.  And Tyler has to live with the scars, physically and emotionally, for the rest of his life.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #853 on: December 18, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »

It's done.  Nala is gone.  She went to sleep just before 3pm Utah time.

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #854 on: December 18, 2007, 02:32:38 PM »

Kris,

Big Hug! Big Hug!

My prayers are with you.   

I still don't understand why such tragic things happen to such nice people.

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #855 on: December 18, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »

Kris  Huggles Huggles Huggles I am so sorry. Your post will remind everyone about what can happen. I have already thought about the holidays - we have 2 new dogs. The grandchildren have only gotten to see them a couple of times before. Plus, our granddaughter will be bringing her new puppy. We will definitely take all of that into account - Dogs new to the family and excited children running around could be a problem. We have already made plans to give the pets "time out" in quiet places. You can never be too careful.

We have lost two dogs this year - it really hurts. I hope you and your family are O.K.

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

« Reply #856 on: December 19, 2007, 12:33:26 PM »

Thank you, both of you, so much!   Huggles  I am so grateful for your love and support.

My family got me this sweet little hairball to help me.  She's adorable and very loving, and already box trained.  She's about 4 months old and walks around with a certain sense of entitlement like some kind of royalty, so I named her Cleopatra, or Cleo for short.

Isn't she cute? 

Kitty

Aunt Em,
~Dorothy

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
« Reply #857 on: December 19, 2007, 12:39:14 PM »

She's adorable!  I may become a cat parent too! bigsmile
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #858 on: December 19, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

OMG Kris I just read this today.. Cry!  My heart breaks for you and the whole situation.. It's hard enough to see a close friend of your son and family hurt but also to lose your dog as well.  I will be praying for you.  Big Hug!

Cleo is adorable.  I'm sure she will shower you with love..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Cleopatra
« Reply #859 on: December 19, 2007, 03:29:23 PM »

OMG, this story shocked me.
I feel sorry for your dog. I dont know how could I take it, if I should let my own dog put down. Nirri is a small puppy and she doesn’t know how to attack someone but Percy always chases the cyclers and some neighbours complain about her... They think that she’sour dog but she’s not so we can’t do nothing with her. I’m afraid that some people can’t tolerate her attack against the bikes and motorcycles no more...

I hope there’s a heaven over there for our little ones too...

Your cat is soooo sweet! She's got the same name as me:)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx