gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:11:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 532
Total: 532

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262777 times)
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #740 on: October 22, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »

Pepe - Gumbo has a roost in his enclosure - somebody who lives in our office's neighborhood told Lewis that Gumbo always roosted up high at night - so that is what Lewis built. We do live in the country, so there is always danger. Gumbo can't fly into the water as the ducks can, so he will have to watch out Paranoid I don't think dogs or coyotes could get into his enclosure, but possums and raccoons might. He seems very capable of taking care of himself, though! He walks around with Jack, but if Jack gets to close, Gumbo lets jack know to back off!  ROFLMAO they are fun to watch!

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #741 on: October 22, 2007, 02:08:20 PM »

frankie i love that gumbo and jack are becoming friends. lmao lmao

I HAD A PET RACOON WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER, MY DAD WAS COMING HOME FROM WORK SAW THIS BABY BY THE ROAD HIS MOM HAD BEEN KILLED DID NOT EVEN HAVE HIS EYES OPEN,SO MY DAD PUT HIM IN HIS LUNCH BOX MY MOM OPENED IT AND THIS LITTLE RACOON PEEKED OUT, SHE SCREAMED I THOUGHT THE ROOF HAD FALLEN IN, SO WE NAMED HIM WILLIE I BOTTLE FED HIM FOR A LONG TIME.AND CUDDLED HIM HE WAS SO SWEET THEN HE GOT BIG AND MEAN SO WE HAD TO GIVE HIM TO A PERSON WHO COULD HANDLE HIM. SAD.

TAMMY I AM PRAYING FOR PING, HOPE YOU FIND SOMETHING POSITVE TODAY. Huggles Huggles

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
« Reply #742 on: October 22, 2007, 08:01:47 PM »

FRANKIE, I am just tickled that Gumbo and Jack are getting to be such good friends.  I think they're the official "Odd Couple" of the Pet Thread!!!  Laughing

I HAD A PET RACOON WHEN I WAS A TEENAGER, MY DAD WAS COMING HOME FROM WORK SAW THIS BABY BY THE ROAD HIS MOM HAD BEEN KILLED DID NOT EVEN HAVE HIS EYES OPEN,SO MY DAD PUT HIM IN HIS LUNCH BOX MY MOM OPENED IT AND THIS LITTLE RACOON PEEKED OUT, SHE SCREAMED I THOUGHT THE ROOF HAD FALLEN IN, SO WE NAMED HIM WILLIE I BOTTLE FED HIM FOR A LONG TIME.AND CUDDLED HIM HE WAS SO SWEET THEN HE GOT BIG AND MEAN SO WE HAD TO GIVE HIM TO A PERSON WHO COULD HANDLE HIM. SAD.

Very interesting story, GLORY!  I'm sure that was a bittersweet lesson for you growing up. 

TAMMY, please keep us posted on Ping's progress.  We are praying for your little girl.   

Welcome ANNIEBELL and other pet-lovers.  I can honestly tell you that I would be lost without my beloved little "Doodle" Mimi.  She is like a little granddaughter to me.  I know all of you pet-lovers here understand!   

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #743 on: October 22, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »

I promise I am going to stop talking about this chicken, but I am going to have to get my camera out and take a video  Laughing When I call Jack, the rooster comes running, too!  ROFLMAO It's the funniest thing I've ever seen  lmao - but I've already told Lewis - I don't care how much Gumbo thinks he is a dog - NO CHICKENS IN THE HOUSE!  Naughty

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
lolita
UltimateFan

A Clay fan forever

« Reply #744 on: October 25, 2007, 04:24:35 PM »

Frankie I love the picture of Gumbo and Jack together, I agree, Gumbo is a big bird. I grew-up with chickens in the house, my mom builds nest for them inside the house to lay eggs. BTW, Jack is simply adorable and I can tell that he is spoiled. Laughing

A true friend is someone who
                                  says nice things behind
                                        your back.

Janet, rest in peace in your new home
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #745 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:03 AM »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from me and Count Jackula!

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #746 on: October 31, 2007, 08:12:41 AM »

FRANKIE THAT IS SO CUTE. HE LOOKS LIKE SUCH A GENTLMAN lmao lmao SO GOMBO THINKS HIS NAME IS JACK.JUST SO JACK DOES NOT THINK HIS NAME IS GUMBO. Laughing Laughing

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #747 on: October 31, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »

Glory - we laugh so much watching Jack play with that rooster! The other day Jack picked up a sand box toy that belongs to the grandchildren - Gumbo saw him and, apparently,  thought that if Jack picked it up, it must be something good. Gumbo ran after Jack, pecked him, and made him drop the toy - then Gumbo stood over the toy and guarded it. Jack snapped at Gumbo, jumped over him, grabbed the toy, and took off - Lewis says that we need to get the video camera out - nobody would believe what goes on around here  lmao

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #748 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »

Frankie,

Jack is so cute as Count Jackula!!!  He has the sweetest face.   Can you make a movie with your digital and post it of Gumbo and Jack?  That would be hilarious to watch.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #749 on: November 01, 2007, 07:30:08 PM »

Frankie, that picture of Jack is so cute.  I am amazed he let you put the cape on him.   I love the stories of him and the rooster.   I would have never dreamed that the rooster would be so smart as to protect the toy from Jack.  That is so funny!  That dog is adorable.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #750 on: November 02, 2007, 12:24:57 PM »

Glory - this is for you! Jack and Gumbo have been fighting over the sand box toy again all morning - Jack has the toy in his mouth, is running for all he is worth, and Gumbo is in hot pursuit  Laughing

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #751 on: November 02, 2007, 01:41:27 PM »

FRANKIE, what adorable pictures.  What fun!!!  I would have never thought in a million years that a dog with Jack Russel Terrier in him would get along with a rooster.  These pictures are just so precious.  I was thinking as I looked at the picture, you and Lewis rescused and gave Jack a home and Lewis rescued the rooster, and none of this was planned!  ROFLMAO  Does the rooster fly into his house and get up on the roost at night.?

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #752 on: November 02, 2007, 02:00:54 PM »

THAT IS PRICELESS FRANKIE THANK YOU I NEEDED THAT.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #753 on: November 02, 2007, 09:17:52 PM »

Pepe - Gumbo (Lewis calls him Roo Roo most of the time now) does go to his house in the evening and flys up on the roost - which is taller than I am tall. Then Lewis comes along and closes the door. Lewis at first only built a half-wall out of wood, but now has added chicken wire to the opening at the top  of the wall to keep predators out at night.

Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #754 on: November 04, 2007, 06:11:59 PM »

HAPPY HALLOWEEN from me and Count Jackula!

Frankie
You know I am partial to pugs but I have to say Jack is a mighty fine looking dog..  I love all his photos.  He could be on tv commercials..

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #755 on: November 04, 2007, 07:23:08 PM »

Huggles  Tammy - I think about Ping every time I look at Jack - I hope she is feeling better every day! It is really getting to be a zoo around here  Paranoid There are 4 wood ducks that are now sleeping on the pond every night with our 10 mallards - the wood ducks fly away every morning when we go outside, though. And we have ripe persimmons on the persimmon tree now - they are about 20 feet up in the air. Every night we go out to see who is up the tree eating (you can see eyes shining in the dark) - tonight it was a racoon - most nights it is a possum!

Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #756 on: November 08, 2007, 06:38:58 PM »

Huggles  Tammy - I think about Ping every time I look at Jack - I hope she is feeling better every day! It is really getting to be a zoo around here  Paranoid There are 4 wood ducks that are now sleeping on the pond every night with our 10 mallards - the wood ducks fly away every morning when we go outside, though. And we have ripe persimmons on the persimmon tree now - they are about 20 feet up in the air. Every night we go out to see who is up the tree eating (you can see eyes shining in the dark) - tonight it was a racoon - most nights it is a possum!

Frankie
You are so sweet! Huggles  Sometimes craziness is good.. It keeps you from  thinking about your problems..  Ping is holding her own right now.. I'm ticked off because the vet cut a hole in her mouth leading up to her nasal area for drainage and we are supposed to stick a q tip up it every day to keep the hole open so it doesn't heal and can drain.  Today Joe tried to stick it up there and it looks like it closed over..   She seems to be doing fine though..  We will call the vet tomorrow and see if she thinks she should aspirate it again just in case she has some episodes over the weekend..  Right now she is snoring away on the bed.. It makes me feel so good when she is breathing good..  I wake up all night when I hear any little noise and worry if she is struggling for air..  It's just like when my kids used to pop in to bed with us when they were sick..  Laughing  So for right now, this moment she is doing okay..   I will definately keep you and the others posted on her condition through pm's. 

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #757 on: November 08, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »

Huggles Tammy - you and Joe just hang in there - I think Ping will be fine with your care. Having a sick dog is just like having a baby in the house - you listen for every little noise!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #758 on: November 10, 2007, 05:20:06 AM »

O. K.- Here is the sad story of my life............ Laughing when we got home last night (after dark) Gumbo had not gone to roost. I had left a lamp on in the house (we had taken Jack with us to put up some signs), and Gumbo was sitting in the window looking in the house for us (this is the second time this has happened). I grabbed my camera and took a picture of our Stalker from inside the house (sorry about the lamp and flash reflection in the window)

Click to make pictures bigger:

Of course Jack had to get on the back of a chair to talk to gumbo:

Dad had to finally go pick up Gumbo (silly chicken) and take him out to the chicken house to roost - I was not going to watch TV all evening with that chicken sitting there wanting in the house!  Laughing

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #759 on: November 10, 2007, 05:59:04 AM »

FRANKIE, I am so touched!!!!  Most people would laugh when they saw these pictures you just posted but not me the pictures made me cry.  The story of these two little animals is so touching to me.  It is a testament to what wonderful and loving people you and Lewis are and the wonderful home you have given these little guys.  Heck just the thought of Lewis being able to pick Gumbo up is amazing to me.  I know most roosters aren't friendly.   I am amazed at the friendship of Gumbo and Jack.  I really can't see you ever moving from there as you have to many attachments there and your animals and ducks need that acreage you have.  God bless you and Lewis for your kindness and caring for animals.

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx