gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:21:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 411
Total: 411

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262728 times)
dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #660 on: March 31, 2007, 06:42:50 AM »

WASHINGTON - Federal testing of recalled pet foods turned up a chemical used to make plastics but failed to confirm the presence of a cancer drug also used as rat poison. The recall expanded Friday to include the first dry pet food.
The Food and Drug Administration said Friday it found melamine in samples of the Menu Foods pet food involved in the original recall and in imported wheat gluten used as an ingredient in the company's wet-style products. Cornell University scientists also found melamine in the urine of sick cats, as well as in the kidney of one cat that died after eating some of the recalled food.

Meanwhile, Hill's Pet Nutrition recalled its Prescription Diet m/d Feline dry cat food. The food included wheat gluten from the same supplier that Menu Foods used. The recall didn't involve any other Prescription Diet or Science Diet products, said the company, a division of Colgate-Palmolive Co.
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #661 on: April 02, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »

Last night I saw that some treats are also being recalled - just saw it on my local news, so I do not have a link. The dog treats are sold under the name "Jerky Treats". I lost a dog 2 months ago, and now I am convinced that it had something to do with her food. This makes me sick. We get our remaining dog's  dry food from our Vet, because she is diabetic, but I worry every time I give her something. We are supplementing her dry food with water-packed tuna, salmon, boiled chicken, and eggs. Until all of this is over, I'm not going to risk giving her any products with wheat gluten.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claydevotee
« Reply #662 on: April 03, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »

Last night I saw that some treats are also being recalled - just saw it on my local news, so I do not have a link. The dog treats are sold under the name "Jerky Treats". I lost a dog 2 months ago, and now I am convinced that it had something to do with her food. This makes me sick. We get our remaining dog's  dry food from our Vet, because she is diabetic, but I worry every time I give her something. We are supplementing her dry food with water-packed tuna, salmon, boiled chicken, and eggs. Until all of this is over, I'm not going to risk giving her any products with wheat gluten.

Frankie, thanks so much for that new information.  I've been concerned as I see Mimi's current 40-lb bag of Hills Science Diet Adult Maintenance dwindle, necessitating the purchase of more food.  I think I will start supplementing her diet with the tuna, chicken, eggs, etc. to further stretch her remaining supply.   Thanks!  Huggles

P.S.  My heart continues to ache for you on the loss of your little Peanut.   
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #663 on: April 04, 2007, 01:38:13 PM »

Tnank you, Thea -  Huggles The list continues to grow - there was another company added last night - also with some dry food and some treats involved, as well as wet food - I think everybody just has to be very careful to read labels - looks like almost all dog food companies got wheat gluten form the same place. It makes me sick to think that so many pets have been lost when owners were trying to do the very best for them.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #664 on: April 09, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »

Okay, my baby girl is going to be ONE on Friday!!!
She is a whole 9 pounds! LOL YAY HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY SHADOW JJ WARD! Clapping

SPORTIN THE COLTS!

HELPING MAMA PACK UP

TRYING TO FIND HER TREATS ON CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!

SHE THINKS SHE CAN HIDE BACK THERE

WITH HUBBY INSIDE MY SWEATSHIRT SLEEVE

Will post pictures from her party that Hubby has planned for her
(and he says he doesn't like her Laughing )

PS- Speaking of the dog and cat food and treats that are being taken off of the shelves,
here is a whole list. If you click on each animal and then brand name it will tell you what
exact items from that company to avoid. And again it contnues to grow...

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #665 on: April 12, 2007, 12:28:50 PM »

So far it seems that Purina is just about the only brand that SEEMS safe.
I learned awhile ago that my 4 cats ALL do not like any food with big chunks of meat. So that rules out wheat gluten as the meat abounds with gravy. They like mushy food.

What a tragedy.
The world is so messed up, now we have to worry about our beloved pets.

JAN

photo of my two feral cats in / on their cage in the patio. They are sisters and I could not stand to have them put back in the wild after being neutered. Have had them for 6 months and they still will not allow me to touch them, however they are getting friendlier by the day. I have lots of patience.
My other 2 are domesticated and at home. The feral cats live in my studio; Tiger Lily and Wendy.

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #666 on: April 12, 2007, 12:30:11 PM »

Almost forgot, a senior moment, they keep getting longer and longer. lol

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
aikenismyidol
Enthusiastic

LML! <3

« Reply #667 on: April 12, 2007, 12:48:59 PM »

RisenAshes7@gmail.com
DONT FORGET ME

Miss you Debi, JJ, and Julie
geraldine
UltimateFan

« Reply #668 on: April 15, 2007, 06:56:49 AM »

Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know if the Recall has been lifted on the name brand cat food that was causing illness in cats.  I haven't seen anymore information on it.

My cat is still sick, but I am thinking it may be that she is getting very old.
I'll come back to see if anyone knows about the recall.  Thank you, and much appreciated. Huggles

Clay's my Wings of Love!
Proud to be a Claymaniac!
geraldine
brokenwings
« Reply #669 on: May 29, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »

Hello all i would like to introduce my cat Tiger.... shes two years old Huggles and very loveable. shes a calico.
she already had a litter and shes a good pal..I had a dog gizzy but hes gone..but i wanted to share tiger with you
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #670 on: June 06, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »

5 Tips for New Cat Owners
Posted Fri, May 18, 2007, 10:00 am PDT
1. Do your homework. The decision to get a cat may have been unplanned and emotional, but the care of that cat can’t be impulsive. Talk to your veterinarian, read books by qualified experts, and learn about this new family member. Start off by being properly informed about what cats need, and you’ll see your relationship blossom as your kitty grows into a well-socialized, well-behaved feline.

2. Start out with the right equipment. There are so many litter boxes, litters, scratching posts, toys, and beds -- and the list goes on. How do you know what your cat needs? Resist the urge to buy a product based on its human appeal. Think Like a Cat and look at a product from your cat’s point of view. For example, a covered litter box is designed to hide the sight and odor of its contents from us. Unfortunately, the cover also traps the odor in the box, making it unpleasant for the cat. An uncovered box that’s the right size for your cat would be in line with what Fluffy would choose if she had control of your wallet. Use that same Think Like a Cat eye-view when deciding on other products. Is that scratching post appealing to you because it’s small and easily hidden in a corner? If so, that decision may cost you some damage to your furniture, because Fluffy would prefer something tall and sturdy.

3. Make your home cat-safe. This is crucial when a cat comes into the home. Dangling electrical cords are enticing to a playful cat, so you should firmly secure all wires. Plants pose another danger, and almost all houseplants are toxic to cats. Remove plants that are harmful, or use a bitter anti-chew spray made especially for plants (found in pet supply stores.) A dangling window-blind cord is another potential hazard. Cats also love to crawl into tight hiding places, and that could mean trouble if you close a closet door or dresser drawer and kitty is stuck in there. You’ll find lots of helpful products in the baby safety section of your local home improvement store. Many of these products will help the new cat owner as well. Cats can get into things you’d never suspect they were capable of, so safety is of the utmost importance.

4. Make your home cat-friendly. It may be hard for a cat to resist scaling the curtains or prancing across the top of the bookcase. Cats love to climb, leap, pounce, and balance. This is normal cat behavior, so don’t reprimand your cat for doing what comes naturally. Instead, provide acceptable outlets for that behavior by having cat trees, perches, and scratching posts in order to make your environment cat-friendly. Provide areas for safe exploration, cozy naps, climbing, jumping, playing, and just plain fun!

5. Remember -- your cat is not a dog. I know it may seem obvious, but you’d be surprised how many times I see cats eating dog food or being bathed in dog shampoo. Use food and other products that are specifically designed for cats. Many products that are safe for dogs are not safe for a cat’s sensitive skin. When it comes to food, cats require more fat and protein, so if Fluffy eats Fido’s food, she won’t be getting enough of the nutrients she needs.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
Tammy
Enthusiastic

I LOVE MY PUGS

« Reply #671 on: June 07, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »

Here are some new pictures of my girls..

PING AND ZOE

PING

ZOE

I LOVE MY PUGS! :heartburst 

Baby Dust JEWELS, LIZSIS AND JJ~OUR SPARKLING GEMS FROM HEAVEN Baby Dust
Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #672 on: June 10, 2007, 08:59:50 PM »

Tammy those babies of yours are too cute for words. I have to take the husky for his shots Thursday.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #673 on: August 26, 2007, 08:43:33 AM »

Tammy....love the pictures of Ping and Zoe....they are way to cute...I have trouble getting pictures of my furry friend, Kato, seems he is kinda camera shy...well the other day he actually let me take a few pictures...not that he cooperated but at least he didn't run away!!!!

MR KATO

claydevotee
« Reply #674 on: August 28, 2007, 02:25:14 PM »

TAMMY, Ping and Zoe are so photogenic and oh so glamorous looking.  They really seem to know how to work the camera!!!  Laughing

DEBI, Mr. Kato is quite the good-looking gentleman, isn't he!  'Glad he finally allowed you take his picture!!!  Clapping  Good job!!!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #675 on: August 29, 2007, 05:16:55 PM »

wave

As some of you know, we lost our two "girls" this spring - one on February 5, one on May 5. I wasn't ready for another dog, but husband Lewis got a call from our shelter that they had a dog they thought he would love.

Here is Jack just as we got him from the shelter - 5 months old and had never had a bath:

Here is Jack after a bath and a new hairdo!:

Now if he would only stop chewing on everything in the house! 

EDIT - I forgot to say that Jack is half Jack Russel Terrier, half Schnauzer

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #676 on: August 30, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »

Hello!

I haven't been here in a while.  I always enjoy seeing all the pets.

Frankie,
Jack certainly is a handsome dude!  Just look what a bath and a new hairdo can do!

Tammy,
I always love seeing Zoe and Ping.  Whenever I see pugs, I think of your girls.

Debi,
Mr. Kato is certainly a striking looking dog.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #677 on: August 31, 2007, 01:14:17 PM »

TAMMY
WHAT ADORABLE DOGGIES. I LOVE PUGS. WOULD HAVE ONE IF A CERTAIN SOMEONE WOULD SAY, OK!!!!

HOWEVER

FRANKIE
JACK LOOKS (BEFORE THE HAIRCUT) JUST LIKE OUR RAGS DID. HE WAS MR.J'S DOG AND WHEN RAGS WENT TO DOGGIE HEAVEN, HE WAS SOOOOO SAD AND SAID HE WOULD NEVER HAVE ANOTHER DOG. NOW WE HAVE 4 CATS.

DEBI
MR. KATO LOOKS JUST LIKE HIS NAME. VERY MASCULINE AND OH THAT BLUE TONGUE!!!

NOW I AM GOING TO BORE YOU WITH THE HISTORY OF MY 4 CATS.
SCROLL DOWN IF YOU WANT TO.

1. MY TESSIE
SHE IS THE ONE IN MY AVIE. A 13 YEAR OLD MANX. HER FACE IS SO PRETTY. WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG IT WAS AS IF SHE HAD TWO DIFFERENT FACES , LIKE A PICASSO. ONE SIDE HAD LIGHT FUR AND THE OTHER DARK. SHE HAS THE BLUEST EYES AND IS MY BABY.
I WANTED A MANX AND SAW AN AD IN THE PAPER. THEY WANTED $50.OO FOR THEIR 6 MO. OLD MANX.
I HURRIED OVER TO THE ADDRESS AND SAW A BEAT UP OLD TRAILER. IN FRONT WERE 3 RUSTED OUT OLD TRUCKS AND CATS ALL OVER THE PLACE (KITTENS)
WHEN I KNOCKED ON THE DOOR A LITTLE BOY ANSWERED AND HAD THIS PITIFUL CAT DANGLING FROM HIS ARM. THE OWNER SAID THAT SHE HAD A LITTER OF KITTENS, BUT WOULD NOT HEAL. SO THE OWNER (WHO WAS NICE( TOOK HER TO THE VET WHO SEWED HER UP AND GAVE HER SOME ANTIBIOTICS. THE OWNER SAID THAT IF SHE DID NOT GET RID OF THE MANX, THAT HER HUSBAND WAS GOING TO KILL THE CAT. ALL OF HER KITTENS WERE BLACK, FROM THE FATHER CAT. I ASKED HER WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE KITTENS. SHE HAD 3 OF THEM PROMISED AND WOULD I PLEASE TAKE THE MAMA FOR FREE.
I TOOK HER TO MY VET, WHO SAID SHE WAS DYING. HE SAVED HER AFTER SHE WAS IN THE VETS FOR A WEEK.
POOR BABY, SHE IS FINE NOW AND FAT A SASSY. ALTHOUGH SHE HAS ARTHRITIS.
NOW WILL POST A PICTURE OF HER.
NAMED HER TESSIE FROM ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS "TESS OF THE D'UBERVILLES"

A VERY UNLADY LIKE POSITION, BUT I LOVE IT.

JAN
TO BE CONT.

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #678 on: August 31, 2007, 01:25:41 PM »

IN MY LAST POST YOU CAN SEE THAT TESSIE IS A STUMPY. VERY VALUABLE MANX CATS HAVE NO TAIL, THEN THERE ARE STUMPIES AND RUMPIES.

NOW
MY PRINCESS

WHEN I HAD MY OTHER STUDIO, THAT BURNT DOWN, IN 2001, IT HAD A CONCRETE BLOCK FOUNDATION. CRITTERS COULD GET UNDERNEATH. IT WAS A CUTE, VERY OLD COTTAGE.
ONE DAY AS I WAS GOING FROM THE BACK DOOR TO THE GARAGE ON THE WOODEN PORCH, I HEARD A FAINT NOISE. I LISTENED, COULD NOT HEAR IT AGAIN, SO WENT ABOUT MY BUSINESS IN THE GARAGE, WHICH WAS MY PRINT SHOP.
THE NEXT DAY AS I WAS DOING THE SAME THING, GOING FROM THE BACK DOOR TO THE PRINT SHOP, I HEARD THE SAME NOISE ONLY LOUDER. LOOKED OVER AT THE FOUNDATION AND THERE WAS THIS CUTE LITTLE KITTEN, MUST HAVE BEEN NO OLDER THAN 3 WEEKS. I PICKED IT UP IN THE PALM OF MY HAND. OH, MY, IT MEOWED PITIFULY AND PURRED AT THE SAME TIME.
WENT INTO THE STUDIO AND FOUND A CAN OF TUNA AND PUT IT DOWN WITH SOME WATER. THE POOR KITTY WAS SOOOO HUNGRY AND THIRSTY. I WENT TO THE STORE AND BOUGHT ALL THE KITTY STUFF.
I NAMED HER PRINCESS.
ONE WEEK BEFORE THE FIRE DESTROYED THE STUDIO, I DECIDED TO TAKE HER HOME WITH ME AND LET HER GET ACQUAINTED WITH TESSIE.
IT WAS A STAND OFF FOR AWHILE.

THANK GOD I TOOK HER HOME!!!

HERE SHE IS; NOW SHE IS 7 YEARS OLD.

SHE IS SO  BEAUTIFUL. BIG GREEN EYES AND SHE IS FULL OF THE DICKENS. WAKES ME UP EVERY MORNING.

CONT.

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #679 on: August 31, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »

NOW, MY FERALS

ABOUT 3 BLOCKS FROM OUR HOUSE IS/WAS AN OLD TRAILER PARK, ABOUT 300 OF THEM.
THERE WAS A NOTICE THAT THE TRAILER PARK WAS TO BE SOLD TO A DEVELOPER
SO THE PEOPLE WERE GIVEN NOTICE.
MR. J  AND I USE TO BIKE OVER THERE EVERY SUNDAY. GOT ACQUAINTED WITH A LOVELY OLD GENTLEMAN WHO WAS FEEDING THE CATS AS WHEN THE TENENTS LEFT, SO MANY OF THEM LEFT THEIR PETS 
WHEN THE TIME CAME NEARER FOR HIM TO GET OUT, HE ASKED ME TO PLEASE FEED HIS CATS, THEY WERE FERAL, ONLY CAME OUT TO EAT AND DRINK WATER.

SO THE PARK WAS EMPTY AND I WENT OVER THERE EVERY MORNING BEFORE GOING TO WORK AND FED THEM AND WHEN I CAME HOME I FED AND WATERED THEM AGAIN.

I WAS CONCERNED AS THEY WERE GOING TO DEMOLISH THE TRAILER PARK, AND WHERE WERE ALL THE CATS TO GO.
I CONTACTED ABOUT EVERY ANIMAL PLACE HERE, THEY WOULD EUTHANIZE THEM IF I WOULD BRING THEM IN (HAH)
FINALLY FOUND THIS GROUP CALLED "IN DEFENSE OF ANIMALS" THEY TRAP THEM NEUTER THEM AND THEN PLACE THEM BACK IN THE AREA THEY WERE FOUND. THAT IS GOOD IF IT IS A PARK OR A SAFE , HUGE LOT. BUT THIS WAS GOING TO BE RAZED. SOOO I VOLUNTEERED TO TRAP THE CATS. IT TOOK ME ABOUT 2 MONTHS. A NICE VET, OFFERED HIS SERVICES SO I WOULD SET THE TRAPS, USUALLY 2 AND THEN GO TO WORK., AND HOPE A CAT WOULD COME IN THE TRAP. SOUNDS EASY, NOT!!!!

WHEN I DID TRAP ONE, I HAD TO THROW A LARGE TOWEL OVER IT, PUT IT IN MY HUBBIES TRUCK AS OF COURSE YOU CAN IMAGINE WHAT A WILD CAT WOULD DO IN A CAR!!!!! THANKFULLY HE HAS A TRUCK AND HELPED GET EVERY CAGE TO THE VET FOR ME.

THE LAST TWO WERE THE TWO THAT I HAVE. I CHOSE THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE ALWAYS TOGETHER AND LOOKED LIKE SISTERS. MY SON BUILT A LARGE CAGE FOR THEM IN THE PATIO.
NOW THEY HAVE THE RUN OF THE PATIO AND HE PUT IN A CAT DOOR THAT GOES TO MY PRINT ROOM. THEY SLEEP THERE, OUT OF THE HEAT.
TIGER IS COMING AROUND AND LETS ME PET HER, WENDY IS SHY AND ONLY SHOWS THAT SHE IS IMPROVING AS WHEN SHE HEARS MY VOICE, SHE COMES OUT OF HIDING, BUT STILL CANNOT PET HER.

SOOO THATS MY STORY AND YOUR ARE STUCK WITH IT AND HERE ARE THEIR PICTURES, DO NOT KNOW HOW TO POST MORE THAN ONE AT A TIME SO HERE GOES ONE.

HERE THEY ARE SNUGGLING IN THEIR FAVORITE BASKET ON THE PATIO. A GOOD PLACE TO WATCH THE BIRDS AND CRITTERS.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx