gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262770 times)
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #640 on: March 09, 2007, 04:22:14 PM »

LINDA, Samantha is just beautiful and she looks so loveable!!!

MEESA, ROY looks like he loves to pose for the camera.  He is so pretty!!!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #641 on: March 15, 2007, 04:52:48 AM »

Good Morning!

Today our Shelties, Shadow and Sandy, are three years old!  

(3 months old)

(3 years old)

I am enjoyinig all of the pet photos!

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #642 on: March 15, 2007, 05:54:06 AM »

SHADOW AND SANDY, HERE IS YOUR OWN SPECIAL BIRTHDAY CAKE

HAVE FUN EATING IT!!!!!!!!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #643 on: March 15, 2007, 06:41:18 AM »

Pepe,

Shadow and Sandy say, "Thank You,"  and they can't wait to eat that cake!  Eating is one of their most favorite things to do!!

Hugs,
Prissy

Jan
UltimateFan

« Reply #644 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:07 AM »

Hi Dear Pet Lovers

This morning as I was reading the paper I came across this article. We had a dear dog named Rags. She passed away about ten years ago at the age of 14. She was really my husbands dog, and since this article reminded me of her , I read it aloud to hubby.
 I cried near the end and he teared up. So if you do not want to shed a tear, do not read this.
 If you do, then have some Kleenex handy.

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I might lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach  me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know gy the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet. for I am a domesticated animal, no longe accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privelge of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me
 clean food that I might stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect your with my life, should your l9fe be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun.

Please see that my trusting life is taken genltly. I shall leave this Earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

by Beth Norman Harris

Now I have shed more tears.

Love your pets!!!!

JAN

Because of you, I am confident enough to say that there is a better day on the way, even when I cannot see it.
claydevotee
« Reply #645 on: March 16, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I might lick your hand between blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach  me the things you would have me learn.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know gy the fierce wagging of my tail when the sound of your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

Please take me inside when it is cold and wet. for I am a domesticated animal, no longe accustomed to bitter elements. I ask no greater glory than the privelge of sitting at your feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.

Feed me
 clean food that I might stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side and stand ready, willing and able to protect your with my life, should your l9fe be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and I no longer enjoy good health, hearing and sight, do not make heroic efforts to keep me going. I am not having any fun.

Please see that my trusting life is taken genltly. I shall leave this Earth knowing with the last breath I draw that my fate was always safest in your hands.

by Beth Norman Harris

Thanks so much for posting that, JAN.   Huggles  I hadn't seen quote that for a long while.  And it reminds me of how blessed we are to have our little canine and feline friends (as well as birds, fish, lizards, turtles, etc) to love and care for.  Our pets  give so much more back to us than we can ever give to them.

P.S.  Happy Birthday to Shadow and Sandy!

dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #646 on: March 16, 2007, 06:02:48 PM »

CASPER

TWO YEARS OLD TODAY....
WHO WOULDA THOUGHT ....
IT HAS FLOWN BY YOU LITTLE RASCAL YOU......
lorilovesgolf
UltimateFan

« Reply #647 on: March 16, 2007, 07:20:19 PM »

Dudley!!  Casper is adorable!!   Looks like the Queen Bee laying there !!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASPER!!

"Some men walk and find their place in the world...
Some men show the world their walk."
Author Unknown.
Official Charter Member of OCD
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #648 on: March 17, 2007, 05:58:47 AM »

MR. CASPER, YOU SWEET LITTLE MAMA'S BABY, YEP I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU LOVE YOUR MAMA.  HERE IS YOUR  MAKE SURE YOU SHARE WITH MERCEDES!   Happy Birthday.  PEPE SAYS HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOO!

Ilovetowrite
UltimateFan

« Reply #649 on: March 18, 2007, 07:54:38 AM »

Mass recall of dog and cat food after pets die
POSTED: 8:00 p.m. EDT, March 17, 2007
Story Highlights• Recall of wet pet food made by Menu Foods for Wal-Mart, Kroger, PetsMart, others
• Undisclosed number of cats and dogs suffered vomiting, kidney failure; 10 died
• Recall affects specific sizes of Iams and Eukanuba brands of dog, cat food
• See lists of recalled brands at bottom of story

Adjust font size:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Pet owners were worried Saturday that the pet food in their cupboards could be deadly after millions of containers of dog and cat food sold at major retailers across North America were recalled.

Menu Foods -- a major manufacturer of dog and cat food sold under Wal-Mart, Safeway, Kroger and other store brands -- recalled 60 million containers of wet pet food Friday after reports of kidney failure and deaths.

An unknown number of cats and dogs suffered kidney failure and about 10 died after eating the affected pet food, the company said in announcing the North American recall.

Product testing has not revealed a link explaining the reported cases of illness and death, the company said.

"At this juncture, we're not 100 percent sure what's happened," said Paul Henderson, the company's president and chief executive officer.

However, the recalled products were made using wheat gluten purchased from a new supplier, since dropped for another source, spokeswoman Sarah Tuite said. Wheat gluten is a source of protein.

'Cuts and gravy' food sold in cans, pouches recalled
The recall covers the company's "cuts and gravy" style food, which consists of chunks of meat in gravy, sold in cans and small foil pouches between December 3 and March 6 throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.

The pet food was sold by stores operated by the Kroger Co., Safeway Inc., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and PetSmart Inc., among others, Henderson said.

Menu Foods said it makes pet foods for 17 of the top 20 North American retailers. It is also a contract manufacturer for the top branded pet food companies, including Procter & Gamble Co.

Proctor & Gamble announced Friday the recall of specific 3 oz., 5.5 oz., 6 oz. and 13.2 oz. canned and 3 oz. and 5.3 oz. foil pouch cat and dog wet food products made by Menu Foods but sold under the Iams and Eukanuba brands. The recalled products bear the code dates of 6339 through 7073 followed by the plant code 4197, P&G said.

Menu Foods' three U.S. and one Canadian factory produce more than 1 billion containers of wet pet food a year. The recall covers pet food made at company plants in Emporia, Kansas, and Pennsauken, New Jersey, Henderson said.

Henderson said the company received an undisclosed number of owner complaints of vomiting and kidney failure in dogs and cats after they had been fed its products. It has tested its products but not found a cause for the sickness.

"To date, the tests have not indicated any problems with the product," Henderson said.

FDA also working to target brands
The company alerted the Food and Drug Administration, which already has inspectors in one of the two plants, Henderson said. The FDA was working to nail down brand names covered by the recall, agency spokesman Mike Herndon said.

Menu Foods is majority-owned by the Menu Foods Income Fund, based in Ontario, Canada.

Henderson said the recall would cost the company the Canadian equivalent of $26 million to $34 million.

Below are lists of specific brands recalled by Menu Foods, in addition to Proctor & Gamble's recall of certain Iams and Eukanuba products. Menu Brands lists the brands on its Web site, www.menufoods.com, and advises consumers to call 1-866-895-2708 for more information.

Recalled cat foods
Americas Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Best Choice; Companion; Compliments; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat, Shep Dog; Food Lion; Foodtown; Giant Companion; Good n Meaty; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Li'l Red; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Nutriplan; Nutro Max Gourmet Classics; Nutro Natural Choice; Paws; Presidents Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Sophistacat; Special Kitty; Springfield Pride; Sprout; Total Pet; My True Friend; Wegmans; Western Family; White Rose; and Winn Dixie.

Recalled dog foods
America's Choice; Preferred Pets; Authority; Award; Best Choice; Big Bet; Big Red; Bloom; Bruiser; Cadillac; Companion; Demoulas Market Basket; Fine Feline Cat; Shep Dog; Food Lion; Giant Companion; Great Choice; Hannaford; Hill Country Fare; Hy-Vee; Key Food; Laura Lynn; Loving Meals; Main Choice; Mixables; Nutriplan; Nutro Max; Nutro Natural Choice; Nutro; Ol'Roy; Paws; Pet Essentials; Pet Pride; President's Choice; Price Chopper; Priority; Publix; Roche Bros; Save-A-Lot; Schnucks; Springsfield Pride; Sprout; Stater Bros; Total Pet; My True Friend; Western Family; White Rose; Winn Dixie and Your Pet.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Keeper of Clays straight hair and Flip flops.

CLAY'S BUS BABE.
Clays Traveling Gypsy.
claydevotee
« Reply #650 on: March 19, 2007, 06:25:13 PM »

for bringing this valuable information over to our Pet Thread, SHANNON!!!     Fortunately, my goldendoodle Mimi has a diet of Hills Science Diet Adult Maintenance Dry food, so we're OK.   I hope and pray that all of our pets will be safe.
KSChristian4Clay
Gallery Admin
Enthusiastic

With all my heart!

« Reply #651 on: March 19, 2007, 06:31:55 PM »

Roy and Pepsi only eat Friskies Feline Favorites dry food, so it's all good here! I'd be very upset if something happened to them.

The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch with, never saying a word, and walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you've had.
Queen of Clack
Miss you Kris!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #652 on: March 20, 2007, 05:34:01 AM »

SHANNON thanks for bringing this important information over to the Pet Thread.  You are such a sweetheart.

I feed Pepe homemade boiled chicken, with rice, green beans, carrots and I add vitamins to this.  I cook this every three days and just heat his dinner in the microwave. 

LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »

Shannon for bringing this information here!  I was coming to bring an article here about the recall, but yours is much more detailed  and informative.  I hope you don't mind.  I'm going to copy it down to the main FS Forum and give it its own thread so as many people see it as possible.

I buy my dog food at Walmart.  It's even Ol'Roy brand.  Thank GOD it's the DRY food.  I would FREAK if something happened to my doggies.  It's bad enough that they've both had Kennel Cough (which they gave to me, thank you very much  Roll eyes ) but since we had to give away the weiner puppy and we got so lucky in adopting Shadow for my son - she has turned out to be the perfect dog and companion for a 9 year old boy - it would be so traumatic for him to lose her now.

My heart just breaks for those people who lost their pets.   sad  Makes me hug mine that might tighter, I suppose!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

dudley5
Enthusiastic

CLAYS RAY OF SUNSHINE And OFFICIAL BODYGUARD

« Reply #654 on: March 23, 2007, 08:40:13 AM »

Rat Poison Cited In Pet Food Recall
Wheat From China Contaminated, Lab Says

POSTED: 9:52 am CDT March 23, 2007

A spokeswoman for the New York state Department of Agriculture and Markets said Friday that rodent poison was found in tainted pet food that killed several animals and sparked a nationwide recall.

It is believed that the chemical aminopterin was on wheat imported from China, ABC News reported.

Various online medical sources indicate that aminopterin is also used in trials to treat leukemia
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #655 on: March 23, 2007, 08:40:35 AM »

They just announced on the news that they determined the contimanent in the recalled pet food that killed 10 animals and caused many others to suffer kidney failure and vomiting was RAT POISON!

Good Grief!  How does that happen?  Oops, think I stirred in Rat-Be-Gone instead of salt. 

What is WRONG with people?!?!

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #656 on: March 23, 2007, 10:18:39 AM »

What is WRONG with people?!?!

Ignorance, hate, intolerance, .... oh was that a rhetorical question?  Smile

I'm just glad they figured it out. Thanks for the info dudley, and Kris.

Current pics!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #657 on: March 23, 2007, 03:49:49 PM »

DUDLEY, thanks yep I was just watching that on World News tonight and they did mention that hopefully it didn't get in to human food.  Oh my gosh can you believe now you will wonder what you are eating!  The world has gone crazy

PAMELA,. what a bunch of cuties, they are darling!!!!

tiggergirl19
« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2007, 03:04:44 AM »

I have a cat that was a stray that was found and cared for at a local cat hospital near my house, and for my birthday probably 2 or 3 years ago I picked her out because her nose is so cute ecause it kind of will either be a light pink or red color and it will almost always have this black outline around it.  Her mouth is the same with the black mark.  She has paisley markings on her, and all of my family wanted me to name her Paisley, but I named her Chloe. :kermit Cheer! smoochies smoochies smoochies I love chocolate claymaniacs rocks Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty Kitty
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #659 on: March 28, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »

Hello!

That was indeed shocking news about the pet food.  We buy our dog food from CostCo and it is dry food; does not seem to be a problem.

I am enjoying seeing the pet pictures posted here!!  bigsmile

Here are some more photos of Shadow and Sandy who turned 3 years old, March 15.  I guess I shouldn't call them puppies anymore!

Hugs,
Prissy

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx