gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:31:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262774 times)
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #360 on: October 10, 2005, 06:37:32 AM »

Pepe,

Sandy and Shadow are still mischievous.  Hubby takes them in the front yard and when they hear neighbor dogs barking, they're off down the street.  I told him he really needs to take them on a leash in the front yard.  He is convinced that they are "trained" well enough to obey him.

Well, he's getting too old to run down the street after them!! Paranoid I'm afraid he's going to have a heart attack!

So far, we've been very lucky that they have not been hit by a car.

They are good about posing for pictures; that's true.

Hugs,
Prissy

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2005, 08:55:42 PM »

Ok...I've been trying to get a decent picture of my dog, my best friend, and a loyal one at that, my somone who will listen and not judge...yep he is my best buddy....anyways....wh is so dang dark that it's hard....and he doesn't like the camera....LOL

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #362 on: October 14, 2005, 08:20:23 AM »

DEBI, thanks so much for introducing us to your best friend.  I love animals maybe more so than people.  Like you said they are so devoted and understanding.  Is your dog a Chow?

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #363 on: October 14, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »

Pepe....yes he is a chow chow....I have him shaved in the summer so right now he does not have his full coat....I got him from a rescue...he was a stray, not history but I fell in love with him the min. Isaw him....he couldn't even look you in your eyes when we got him so I believe he was neglected if not abused....I've had him for about 7 yrs and he has come a long way....I have o say he is the best darn dog i've ever had....
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #364 on: October 14, 2005, 08:40:14 PM »

Debi,

I love seeing your chow. That's wonderful that you rescued him and have given him love and care.  I hate to think of dogs abused or neglected.  He is posing nicely for the camera!  What is his name?

Prissy

!x!ClayxGirl!x!
« Reply #365 on: October 15, 2005, 01:43:03 PM »

Hey Everyone Long time no talk eh? ahah i love that word...eh...hehe
Ok well Ive been talking about my cat and how much i love him(zorro) and now i finally have a pic...its kinda wierd cuz when i took the pic he was meowing lol

Zorro

And here is a picture of me and my friend Jasy.....Im the one with tha shiny tounge lmfao :P
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #366 on: October 23, 2005, 08:29:14 PM »

IT'S A WEEK FROM HALLOWEEN SO IT'S TIME FOR THE HALLOWEEN SHELTIES TO MAKE THEIR APPEARANCE AGAIN.  MY SHELTIES ARE NOT IN THIS PICTURE.  IT WAS SENT TO ME LAST YEAR BY HUBBY'S DAUGHTER.

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #367 on: October 23, 2005, 08:49:21 PM »

Debi,

I love seeing your chow. That's wonderful that you rescued him and have given him love and care.  I hate to think of dogs abused or neglected.  He is posing nicely for the camera!  What is his name?

Prissy

Prissy his name is Kato.....Prissy I love that picture of the shelties...I even have it saved to my compurter from last year...My dog doesn't really like being dressed up...LOL

chelsea....beautiful cat...I;m allergic to cats aaaachoooo...but I love them anyways.....
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2005, 08:20:02 AM »

PRISSY, I will never understand how they got these Shelties to all line up and sit so still for this picture.  It is amazing!  I love this picture, it should be put in a magazine.  If for no other reason to show how you are in control of your dogs!  I don't think I could get Pepe to do that just by himself!   

:trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick :trick

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2005, 10:45:46 AM »

Debi and Pepe,

I love this Halloween Sheltie picture, too.  I do know that Shadow and Sandy would not let me put costumes on them.   We have trouble getting their collars on and putting on a leash, at times.

Here is another Halloween dog picture I found.

Hugs,
Prissy

PS:  I think the pictures are cute, but I sort of have mixed feelings and feel a little sorry for the dogs.  I hope that the costumes were taken off as soon as the pictures were taken.
:trick

ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »

Prissy....so cute those dogs....I really don't think the costumes are a problem for the dogs......some dogs like being dressed up and will do anything to look cute....thanks for sharing

Pepe.... wave
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #371 on: October 25, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

ANGELA sent the following Halloween pet pictures to me in an email.

[

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2005, 05:44:16 PM »

PRISSY, Angela sent the email to me to and I thought they were the most precious pictures.  I am glad  you brought them over here as I am computer stupid and didn't know how to do it.  Love it just love these pictures!

songbird457
« Reply #373 on: October 26, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »

I love all of those costume pictures. My favorite is the one w/ the cheerleader outfits. But Prissy is right to some extent, some of the dogs don't look as happy. But some do - and it is pretty funny.

Speaking of dogs........... I am considering getting a dog this spring. I don't think I want a puppy because I've never had a dog to train, etc. Since I am by myself I think it'd be good to get a companion so I won't be as lonely in my house... but... I don't want to have to train a dog in the winter, so I think spring will be good. We'll see what happens.
I am thinking of going to the Humane Society and adpoting a dog. I wish I could adopt a cat - I'd get one right away but I am allergic. I will have a cat again, if Justin and I get back together and I love his cat - he's so sweet.

But... if I get a dog - what kind of dog should I get? Any suggestions? I've always loved terriers (most terriers) but I'm also thinking either golden retriever or a lab, etc......
ydebi
Enthusiastic

Clay's Lurker

« Reply #374 on: October 27, 2005, 09:36:32 PM »

Renee...I adopted my chow...and let me tell you he has been the best pet I have every had...he just so wanted to be loved.....he has gotten me through some rough times....he is my buddy....

would I recommend a Chow..no they are very much a one person dog and renee i know you will not be alone for ever....

would i recommend adopting an adult dog....for sure....I will never ever get a puppy again....having a dog that was pretty much trained  made life kinda easy...but one thing that I would want you to understand....adopted adult dogs do come with habits, problems, quirks....but they can be the most lovable pets around.....
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2005, 06:29:14 AM »

Debi, you gave Renee wonderful advice.  The main thing is to make sure you love animals.  I feel so bad for the animals that are taken on a whim and given a home and than the people decide they really don't want to take the time to take care of them.  I think Lab's and Golden Retrievers are wonderful dogs and so devoted and usually always have a stable temperment.  They would love everyone.

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #376 on: November 09, 2005, 08:46:38 AM »

Hello!

For the last several days, my hubby, Skip, has been teaching the dogs to jump through a hoop.  At first, they were both scared of it and did not want to come near it, but gradually, they became less afraid and began walking through the hoop.  Shadow walked through first and then jumped through the hoop.  Sandy only just now is starting to walk through the hoop.  (She did notice all the treats Shadow was getting when he went through the hoop, so she decided she wanted in on that.)

SANDY

SHADOW

TIME FOR A BREAK

CT loves Clay
Enthusiastic

Clay can sing to me anytime, anywhere!!

« Reply #377 on: November 09, 2005, 09:20:58 AM »

This is a great thread.  I have a 10 yr. old female black lab.  She is our love, well, except for the kids, but they have moved out. 

Prissy, I think my dog would jump through hoops for a biscuit.  Her only downfall is that she could eat 24/7, so at any meal time you can expect her to become visible even if she has been lying down for a few hours.  All we have to do is open a cupboard, open a drawer, whatever, she appears.

Her name is Samantha.  She has never once gotten on a piece of furniture and never had an accident in the house.  I know!  Of course she isn't perfect, but she has been such a wonderful dog to take care of and love.  At 10, she still drags my husbands slipper out in the morning to play with her and gets one of his old sneakers out whenever he comes home from work.  It's a ritual.  So cute though.

Clay friends are like fresh air
JJ, Julie and Liz: angels while on earth and now God's angels in heaven.
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #378 on: November 09, 2005, 09:38:38 AM »

Linda,

Welcome to the pet thread.  I hope that  when you have some time, you can skim the whole thread!  I would love to see pictures of your lab.  She sounds like a wonderful dog!

Shadow and Sandy are shelties and are 20 months old.  We've had them since they were 3 months old.  Skip has taught them to sit and then sit on just their hind legs; they can lie and roll over and then roll back;  and one will sit and stay while the other comes on command.

We are still trying to figure out how to teach them to fetch.

Hugs,
Prissy

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #379 on: November 09, 2005, 04:08:54 PM »

PRISSY, I am really impressed with Sandy and Shadow!!!  Tell Skip he did a great job with them!  And Miss Prissy you did a great job taking the pictures !   

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx