gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:24:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 240
Total: 240

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Claymaniacs - Introduce Your Pets!  (Read 262424 times)
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1580 on: January 24, 2010, 10:29:05 AM »

JO, so good to see you posting more.  I hope we offer a little bit of comfort for you at this time.  We do love our family members that are no longer with us but will always be a part of our wonderful memories.  I still think of my puppies I had 30 years ago I loved them all and they were all different but all devoted buddies!!

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1581 on: January 24, 2010, 02:25:21 PM »

THanks Pepe, everyone here has helped.....   everyone here understands they have gone through the same thing. and our pets are family to us.

Sasha

Liz, JJ and Julie our CLaymaniancs Angels
Supporting Clay 100%
Offical member of the RBT- I miss my rbt buddy
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1582 on: January 24, 2010, 02:36:06 PM »

Here is a picture of my Sasha had to scan we didnt  have a digital camera back then

Supporting Clay 100%
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1583 on: January 24, 2010, 02:37:19 PM »

Here is a picture of may Kayla when we brought her home  she was so little.   , had to scan this one no digital camera.

Supporting Clay 100%
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1584 on: January 24, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »

JO, was Sasha a Siamese?  Her coloring is different than Chloe .  She is so beautiful in this picture and you are right little Kayla sure is a tiny little girl.  What a cutie.  Thanks for showing the pictures to us.  Gee look at all this tecnology we hae now with our digital cameras.  It is almost a waste to buy electronics as in a month it is already out of date. 

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1585 on: February 01, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »

wave  Thought I'd come over here to share a video of my goldendoodle Mimi.  It is currently being showed this month on a Chicago TV channel.  Be sure to have your sound on!  Laughing

VOTE FOR MIMI THE GOLDENDOODLE!

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1586 on: February 02, 2010, 10:05:37 AM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Thea! I enjoyed seeing Mimi and her Mom and Dad, too! I will register and will vote for her. She is a beautiful little girl.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1587 on: February 02, 2010, 10:14:49 AM »

Clapping Clapping Clapping Thea! I enjoyed seeing Mimi and her Mom and Dad, too! I will register and will vote for her. She is a beautiful little girl.

Thanks, FRANKIE!!!    As you can see from her little video, Mimi is not the best-trained dog in this particular line-up of dogs but to Phil and myself she is definitely the most loveable!!!  Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1588 on: February 02, 2010, 10:20:51 AM »

Purple Banana Purple Banana  Thanks to FRANKIE and LYNDSEY, I've figured out how to rename a link!

VOTE FOR MIMI THE GOLDENDOODLE!

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1589 on: February 02, 2010, 11:39:57 AM »

Very good, Thea!  Clapping I voted and added the link to My Favorites so I can vote every day.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1590 on: February 02, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »

Thank you, o great teacher Frankie!  Not Worthy Huggles

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1591 on: February 22, 2010, 07:42:41 AM »

Sasha,

Beautiful pictures of Sasha and Kayla.

We had quite a snowfall just before Valentine's Day, from 6 to 10 inches in many places.  Here are some pictures of Shadow and Sandy, the "Snow Dogs!" 
dog  dog

(Clickable)

Christmas, we also had a snow, so here are more snow dog pictures from that snowfall.

JoAnn and Jennie lost their electricity during the "Valentine" snowfall, and stayed with us a couple of nights.  Of course, Sammy came, too.  Here are some pictures of Sammy with Skip and with Shadow and Sandy.
dog  dog  dog

"Waking up"  Skip and Sammy! Laughing

The Texas Sheltie Trio!

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1592 on: February 27, 2010, 10:30:59 AM »

Thanks Prissy.   Love seeing the pictures of the snow dogs.    My  sisters Max loves the snow, he likes to catch snowball.S  Im so ready for spring.

SaSHA

Supporting Clay 100%
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1593 on: February 27, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »

wave SASHA, what's the latest on the new kitty you will be adopting???

Sasha
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1594 on: February 27, 2010, 10:38:40 AM »

hI   Thea.. wave   still waiting  if I dont get one from the litter she has now ,she a another litter due tomorrow and one the begining of March.  SO i should know soon..
 THis is the breeder Im getting a kitten from, Im hoping ot get one of these... If the other people she has waiting dont want one of these

http://www.lottarags.com/litter6.php

Supporting Clay 100%
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1595 on: February 27, 2010, 11:29:47 AM »

SASHA, how precious!  I would have a difficult time picking one out of this litter, for sure!   Laughing  Phil and I so wish we could get a cat but since I am allergic to cats  and also we don't want our 7 foot grand piano being used as a scratching post and a nesting place when the lid is up, we've decided against it!!

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1596 on: March 11, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »

Dog lovers will love this local story about a pug named Boca and a plastic surgeon!!  dog

BOCA THE PUG

I'M PRINTING OUT THE STORY IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE ACCESSING THE LINK ABOVE THE PICTURES!

LOCAL NEWS

Fort Worth team joined forces to put Boca the pug back together again
Posted Saturday, Mar. 06,

FORT WORTH -- Debra Drzich knew it was a shot in the dark.

The worst that could happen, she figured, is Dr. Yadro Ducic would turn her down.

"He is probably going to think I'm nuts, but most everybody thinks I'm nuts anyway, so that is OK," Drzich reasoned.

Drzich, a certified surgical technologist on the heart team at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth, approached the plastic surgeon in the hospital hallway and asked to speak with him privately.

Would he be willing to reconstruct the shattered jaw of an abused dog, a pug named Boca, and would he consider doing the surgery for free?

The doctor didn't laugh, a good sign.

"He said he had never worked on a dog but that he would be willing to give it a try," Drzich recalled. "He was up for the challenge."

That impromptu hallway conversation sparked a series of events that, two months later, brought a group of strangers together for an unprecedented surgery and a remarkable act of kindness.

"I don't think it matters whether it is a dog or a human or a cat," Ducic said. "You are going to feel empathetic because her jaw was so devastatingly broken in so many pieces. She couldn't close her mouth and she was drooling and she couldn't eat properly, couldn't bark, couldn't do much of anything. ... It's one of those things -- you don't do it for any reason other than you feel like you are supposed to."

Overcoming adversity

It was August, and the little pug was in bad shape.

A good Samaritan had found her and called the hot line for Dallas Fort Worth Pug Rescue, a nonprofit organization that takes in abused, neglected and abandoned pugs. A volunteer went to get the pug and, upon seeing her, named her Boca, which means mouth in Spanish.

The volunteer drove Boca to the Westcreek Animal Clinic, where veterinarian Larry Gumfory treats the organization's rescued animals for about half the normal fee.

"She was with us for probably two months," Gumfory said. "She came in with her jaw hanging down, and she had been that way for a long time. There is no way of knowing for sure, but she probably got kicked in the mouth."

Despite her hardship, the staff at the clinic was struck by Boca's sweetness -- and her ability to overcome adversity.

Because she could not chew, she swallowed food whole, literally sucking it down.

"She was a champ at it," Gumfory said, chuckling. "There isn't a staff member here that doesn't just love her to death because she is such a sweet dog."

On two occasions, Gumfory operated on Boca's jaw, putting in pins in an attempt to close it. Both times, Boca broke the pins loose.

"It was pretty disheartening," Gumfory said. "I have done several broken mandibles in the past, and they have always healed. Probably part of the problem was that it was fractured on both sides of the mandible and not just one. It was real frustrating."

Eventually, Boca went to live with a foster mom, a volunteer with the pug rescue organization who would care for her until she could be adopted.

And then, in December, Drzich, also a volunteer with pug rescue, came into Boca's life.
"Her original foster mom was going out of town, so she asked me to watch her because she was going to be gone for two weeks," Drzich said.

Finding help

Shortly after Boca arrived at her home, Drzich was smitten.

"I had three dogs at the time, and everybody eats kibble out of a bowl," Drzich said. "She went over to the kibble bowl and just buried her face. It was a mess. There was kibble all over the floor."

Later that month, Drzich attended a Christmas party for the pug rescue organization. She said they were sitting around talking about how to help Boca when she thought of Ducic, whom she had assisted on two surgeries.

"No one was coming up with any solutions, and his name just kind of flashed across my brain. I thought to myself, 'I will talk to him. I will ask him,'" Drzich said. "It was one of those things. 'I wonder if he will take a chance? I wonder if he will do it?'"

Drzich said she came to admire Ducic several years ago when she saw him speak at a conference.

"He reconstructs people's faces, either after some kind of surgery or some kind of cancer of the face or neck, and he also reconstructs faces and necks of women who have been battered," she said. "To see his before-and-after pictures and to see the kind of work he does thoroughly impressed me."

Two weeks before Christmas, she saw Ducic in the hallway at Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth.

"She came up to me and said something to the effect of, 'You do a lot of reconstructive surgeries, and we have this really sweet little pug, and she was abused and she has all sorts of issues with her jaw. Do you think you might be able to look at her and fix it?'" Ducic recalled. "My first thoughts were, 'Gosh, I mean, operating on a dog? I wouldn't know the first thing about it, but I will try and help if I can.'"

Ducic gave Drzich all his contact information, and shortly afterward, Gumfory contacted him and sent over Boca's X-rays.

"Somebody took that cute little dog and kicked it in the head and broke its jaw," said Ducic, who doesn't have a dog. "The amount of pain that poor little thing has gone through is just incredible."

About a month later, Drzich asked Ducic about the screws and plates he would need to for Boca's surgery, which was going to take place at Westcreek Animal Clinic.

"He said he had already taken care of all that -- he had gotten it donated," Drzich said.

Ducic had contacted Kevin Jackson at Stryker, a medical equipment company.

"Donating time is one thing, but physically, you need instruments and plates and screws, and those things are crazy expensive," Ducic said. "We work a lot with a couple of plating companies, and the first one I called said, 'Of course, they would be happy to donate some instrumentation for this little dog.'"

'I was a little bit nervous'

Boca's surgery was scheduled for Feb. 13.

That morning, all the players arrived at Westcreek Medical Clinic, many meeting for the first time.

Ducic brought along a fellow doctor, Jared Inman; and two residents in training. Kevin Jackson with Stryker was also there also, along with Gumfory and his head technician, Dori Davis, who would be administering Boca's anesthesia. Drzich, meanwhile, was prepared to assist in the operating room while her husband, John, captured it all on camera.
"I have to be honest. I don't get nervous for surgery, really ever, but I was a little bit nervous about this because I didn't know what to expect," Ducic said. "I didn't know what a pug's jawbone was going to feel like or how the screws were going to fit in there or what size screws we were going to need, things like that."

As it turned out, there was no need to worry. The 90-minute surgery went perfectly.

Ducic carefully and methodically reconstructed Boca's jaw -- a surgery that would have cost a human between $25,000 and $40,000.

"Somebody was looking out for this poor little thing and just kind of helped us along," Ducic said modestly. "We ended up doing the right thing. I think we all had a smile on our face. It felt good."

After the surgery Drzich took Boca home and nursed her back to health.

About a week ago, Gumfory took out her stitches, and, a few days later, Boca dropped by Ducic's Fort Worth office.

The doctor hadn't seen her since the surgery and was all smiles as he watched the little dog, fat and happy, waddle around his waiting room.

Boca can drink and eat normally now, Drzich told him.

And she barks again.

Drzich gave Ducic a hug.

"Thank you," she said, "for stepping outside the box."

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #1597 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:53 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SHADOW & SANDY!  SIX YEARS OLD TODAY!!
dog  dog

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #1598 on: March 15, 2010, 11:57:51 AM »

Happy Birthday to very photogenic Shadow and Sandy!!!  Happy Birthday  slicecake bdayballoon

Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #1599 on: March 15, 2010, 04:21:41 PM »

FIFTH BIRTHDAY CASPER!!!!!

Happy Birthday  I am sure Dudley your mother fixed you an extra special dinner. 

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx