gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:23:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 345
Total: 345

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEBRUARY 3  (Read 2884 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: February 02, 2004, 10:29:10 PM »

Happy Tuesday everyone!    

Today's words of wisdom:

"Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things."     -Frank A. Clark

I hope your day is full of special little things.

Today is the Day We show DJs The Way!   Wink:

The new single officially goes for 'adds' today.  This means the record company has designated this particular day and week to try to get the song on the playlists at radio stations across the country. The major push on a specified day is done so that the song will impact the Billboard charts in the most effective manner. The singles chart is based on airplay as well as sales - if there is a commercial single released for purchase by the public. If there is no single released commercially, it's based on airplay alone. This is the time when it's critical that we request and vote on countdowns, etc.

Calling your local DJ to request the song may not always be the most effective way to get The Way on their playlist. It's usually the program director that decides what gets played. If you visit the website of your local station, look for a link to anything called 'rate the music' or 'vote for your favorite song' or something similar. This is where the program director may get marketing information that tells them what their listeners want to hear.

Insuring success on national countdown shows such as Ryan's American Top 40, Carson Daly's Most Requested, Rick Dees, and streaming stations such as JoJo at KIIS is also good for increasing local airplay and Billboard charting.

Be sure and check The Polling Place thread for information on how to support The Way on national countdowns as well as locally.  

Thank You All!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 10:35:37 PM »

Bad news:  The Solitaire/The Way single is still not listed at amazon.com.   :(

Good news:  However, MoaM is listed on their Valentine's Day Gift page.   :D  
(Andrea Bocelli too!)

MUSIC TO LOVE BY

By the way, MEASURE OF A MAN is ranked #26 a amazon.com at the time I wrote this post.    :D

TITN/BOTW is ranked #70, even though it appears to be sold out.   shock:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 10:39:07 PM »

CLAY TV AND RADIO FOR FEB 3

Clay scheduled on Valentine in the Morning KISS 96.5 FM Cleveland.  Show airs from 6:00-10:00 am

On Inside Edition:  American Idols: Where are They Now?
(Clay was shown in a promo for the show)
FIND YOUR LOCAL CHANNEL

07:30 pm EST VH1 All Access: Spotlight Clay Aiken – VH-1
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 10:51:18 PM »

CLAY AND LUANN
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 11:24:50 PM »

American Idol saves the best auditions for last

2004-02-02 21:43:39        

In typical American Idol fashion, they saved the best auditions until the end. Showing the best of the best led to a rather repetitive show, as everyone was rather good. I'll just give you a few of my thoughts on some of the singers.

Briana Garcia, who Simon referred to as a "very confused young lady" had a light and airy voice.

Micah Read, the "rocker" of the group, should stick to rock and roll songs

Charly, the proud Native American who sang "Proud Mary", had a great voice and lots of energy.

Eric Yoder, who sang "Somewhere Out There," did indeed sound remarkably like Clay Aiken.

LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 11:28:12 PM »

Clive Davis Named Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BMG North America; Davis to Lead Creative Centers of BMG in U.S.

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 2, 2004--Clive Davis, Chairman and CEO, RCA Music Group, has been named Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BMG North America by Rolf Schmidt-Holtz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BMG, effective immediately. Davis will report directly to Schmidt-Holtz.
(snip)
BMG's longstanding and successful relationship with Davis dates back to 1979 when BMG parent company Bertelsmann bought Arista Records, which he founded in 1975. Davis built Arista into an industry leader, in the process discovering Barry Manilow, Patti Smith, Whitney Houston, Sarah McLachlan and Dido, rediscovering Carlos Santana, and then inspiring and working with Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox. Davis led Arista until 2000, when he launched the instant major J Records. In late 2002 he was named to lead the RCA Music Group, a merger of J Records and RCA Records, which has produced an array of No. 1 records from a diversity of artists such as Alicia Keys, Rod Stewart, Clay Aiken, Luther Vandross, Monica and Ruben Studdard.

BUSINESS WIRE LINK
claydevotee
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 06:25:20 AM »

In late 2002 he was named to lead the RCA Music Group, a merger of J Records and RCA Records, which has produced an array of No. 1 records from a diversity of artists such as Alicia Keys, Rod Stewart, Clay Aiken , Luther Vandross, Monica and Ruben Studdard.

Yesss, it's now official.! Our Clay is now playing with the Big Boys in the Big Leagues!
claydevotee
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 06:26:46 AM »

Pamela, somehow the quote wasn't highlighted properly in my reply above.  What did I do wrong???
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 06:29:31 AM »

Gratuitous Clay mention of the day.    :roll:

"IDOL" TRIO ARE NOT ALWAYS IN TUNE

The field of approximately 80,000 Clay Aiken wannabes has been reduced to 117. To quote host Ryan Seacrest, “The misery, suffering, disbelief and agony of the first round of auditions is done.”

VIRGINIAN PILOT
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 10:56:44 AM »

Quote from: claydevotee
Pamela, somehow the quote wasn't highlighted properly in my reply above.  What did I do wrong???

I don't know, but I fixed it!   Wink:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 10:59:03 AM »

His dimples are no less deep. His eyes, no less soulful. But Enrique Iglesias' latest album, "7," has suffered an ugly fate since its release nine weeks ago.

(snip)

As to why radio and fans shunned Iglesias this time, some people feel his sound had gotten too '80s-bubblegummy for current radio tastes.

Also, the space that might have gone to him was taken up by Adult Contemporary radio's new crush: Clay Aiken.

NY DAILY NEWS LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2004, 11:10:21 AM »

Clay is tentatively scheduled to appear on LIVE with Regis and Kelly on Monday February 9.  Check your local listings for time and channel.  I'll confirm this as soon as I can.

Also, Clay may be appearing on ELLEN sometime this month!
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2004, 11:35:19 AM »

Pamela we will be holding our breath waiting for more Clay Fixes.. (Is that even a word?)

Love, Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
cjrmax
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2004, 12:22:18 PM »

Clay Fixes.. (Is that even a word?)

It is around these parts, Terry!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx