gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:44:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 378
Total: 378

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 31  (Read 3855 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 30, 2004, 10:05:01 PM »

It's Saturday!  The shortest day of the week.  I hope you do something fun today!

Today's words of wisdom:

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused!" - Anonymous

So that's why I'm always so amused.   Wink:

VALENTINE’S DAY VIDEO DEDICATIONS

Dedicate Invisible to someone for Valentine’s Day!  Who knows, you might get lucky!

MTV's got your heart in our crosshairs this February 14 with our special Valentine's Day dedication. If you get all poetical on us, your dedication just might make it to air during a special video block on V-Day weekend.

MTV LOVE LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004, 10:05:43 PM »

TODAY’S CLAY TV

01/31/04
-A repeat of the January 25 YTV Hit List in Canada with a brief interview - YTV
12:30 pm EST VH1 All Access: Spotlight Clay Aiken - VH-1
03:00 pm EST VH1 All Access: Spotlight Clay Aiken - VH-1
06:30 pm EST Real Access - NOG
07:00 pm EST VH1 All Access: Spotlight Clay Aiken – VH-1
11:00 pm EST VH1 All Access: Spotlight Clay Aiken – VH-1
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004, 10:07:39 PM »

AIKEN INDUCTED INTO JCC MUSIC SHOWCASE HALL OF FAME
WNCN-TV
Updated: 1:44 p.m. ET Jan. 16

Clay Aiken is receiving another honor from his home state. Johnston Community College is inducting him into its Music Showcase Hall of Fame. Aiken was once a regular on the program. The JCC Country Music Showcase celebrates its 11th anniversary on Feb. 6-7 and Aiken's award will be presented during the festivities. Aiken won't be able to make it home for the event but his mother, Faye Parker, will accept the award on his behalf. The show will be in Smithfield in the JCC auditorium on Feb. 6 at 7 p.m. and Feb. 7 and 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $10 for evening performances and $8 for the Sunday afternoon show. For information regarding tickets or shows, call (919) 209-2099.

MSNBC LINK
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 06:54:04 AM »

MTV's got your heart in our crosshairs this February 14 with our special Valentine's Day dedication. If you get all poetical on us, your dedication just might make it to air during a special video block on V-Day weekend.

I really think a couple of our Claygirls need to submit something on this.  Outhere, Misha, Sundancer, and some of you other talented gals.. you really need to do this.  

Love, Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
houstonclayfan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 07:09:23 AM »

Quote from: Leveland

I was thinking that Renee needs to send in one of her songs for Raleigh and dedicate "Invisible" to the pup. Or maybe Pamela could submit "Inedible".  Seriously.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 08:52:29 AM »

SUPER FAVORS
VIPs seek favors from locals with special connections

As a planner of one of the most exclusive parties during Super Bowl week, Fontaine Swope is suddenly a very popular woman.

She's been offered all sorts of favors, including an all-expense paid week in Hawaii, if she will provide invitations to certain people who are dying to get into her event.

"I have more friends than I ever knew," said Swope, who has resisted such enticements.

She's not the only person in town who suddenly is feeling more powerful. Anyone remotely perceived to have access to tickets to the game, an exclusive party, reservations to a hot restaurant, or the best tee times at area golf clubs is being besieged with requests.

In most cases, no amount of money will gain entree to such exclusive events.

It's all about the art of the favor.
<snip>

To conjure up the right kind of magic, the best way to work a favor is:

·Be somebody.

The star-studded party benefiting Best Buddies at the Memorial-area home of John and Becca Cason Thrash tonight is sold out, but Becca is still fielding calls from celebrities who want to come.

"Of course you accommodate all these people that give an event such wonderful exposure for Best Buddies," she said. "It's not going to be the fund-raiser that's the most money, but it will have the most visibility."

Representatives from Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood will be at the party to interview such expected guests as The Rock, Sex and the City's Kim Cattrell, Clay Aiken of American Idol and Queen Latifah.

HOUSTON CHRONICLE

MORE ABOUT BEST BUDDIES

People with intellectual disabilities are often excluded from society because of their differences. Best Buddies is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of people with intellectual disabilities by providing opportunities for one-to-one friendships and integrated employment.

The organization is determined to end social isolation for people with intellectual disabilities by establishing meaningful, lasting one-to-one friendships with their non-disabled peers. These friendships help to increase self-esteem, confidence and the abilities of all involved.

Proceeds from the gala help support the 50,000 participants in the Best Buddies programs. Since Anthony K. Shriver founded Best Buddies in the late 80’s at Georgetown University, the organization has expanded to more than 900 middle school, high school and college campuses across the country and internationally.

BEST BUDDIES FUND RAISER
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »

Top-Dawg: Randy Jackson (the American Idol dude, not the brother of Wacko Jacko) is putting together the band for Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken's upcoming tour. He says he thinks the singers will duet on a couple songs during the show.

GREG VALENTINE BUZZ
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 11:17:55 AM »

PAMELA

Just wanted you to know I LOVE the daily AIKEN NEWS NETWORK posts you make every day. It's the first thing I head for. Thanks for all your hard work.
Claymate16
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 12:23:26 PM »

Quote from: grammaof6
PAMELA

Just wanted you to know I LOVE the daily AIKEN NEWS NETWORK posts you make every day. It's the first thing I head for. Thanks for all your hard work.

I second that! This is where I check before updating my site with the latest info, its very rare that I see any other site with this info before this site.
clayfannj
UltimateFan

Remember, CHEESE is a comfort food.

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2004, 01:55:19 PM »

Pamela, let me add a third set of Kudos.. I think for all your hard work you deserve to be stroked..  It has become the first thing I check each AM. I so appreciate its being there.. Thank you.

It's NEVER ENOUGH!!!

Honorary Southern Belle

OBSESSIVE BIRD WATCHER

Tracking the Red -Crested Warbler
"I may be old, but I'm strong and lusty!"..Wm. Shakespeare
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2004, 03:04:11 PM »

And who doesn't appreciate a good stroking every now and then?   :D
Thanks you guys.  

Honestly, all the boards have the same kind of information; some of them even more of it.  I just try to make it easy to find in one place.  And by the way, I appreciate any news or information you all want to post as well.  Post it here because all the ANNs will be archived and not deleted.

An informed fan is a more effective fan.  It's easier to support an artist if we know what he's about.  It's pretty clear that Clay is all about 'making a difference,' and documenting this is very rewarding.

And, the silly stuff is fun.   Wink:
crazy4clay03
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2004, 03:42:37 PM »

Pamela-
I also want to THANK YOU! :D
I used to search lycos, but this has the most comprehensive and concise info!! :D
If I have time- I browse, lurk, etc.  But this thread is a must!
You do such an awesome job and I am so grateful!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2004, 05:23:13 PM »

GRATUITOUS CLAY MENTION OF THE DAY

Boxing out like Clay Aiken security guards hasn't come easy for the Bengals, who give up inches to almost every opponent. They've done well to lead the Big Sky in rebounding margin (+5.4), but they haven't done it with authority, or to their coach's liking.

POCATELLO IDAHO STATE JOURNAL

Yes, you read it right.  It's an article about a basketball team's defensive prowess.  8)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2004, 05:56:25 PM »

PARTY FIRST GAME SECOND

By RALPH BLUMENTHAL
Published: February 1, 2004

HOUSTON, Jan. 31 — Roger and Debbie Clemens dropped by. So did the Hilton sisters, Nicky and Paris, the American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken and the wrestler The Rock. And at midnight everyone pulled up chairs over the covered-up swimming pool and listened to Willie Nelson sing.

NY TIMES (registration required)
cjrmax
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2004, 08:15:04 PM »

Roger and Debbie Clemens dropped by. So did the Hilton sisters, Nicky and Paris, the American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken and the wrestler The Rock.

What a strange combination of people!!!
songbird457
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2004, 09:29:51 PM »

I was thinking that Renee needs to send in one of her songs for Raleigh and dedicate "Invisible" to the pup. Or maybe Pamela could submit "Inedible". Seriously.

Good idea, colleen!  :D ANy preferences?  Wink:
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx