gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:16:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 402
Total: 402

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 29  (Read 3338 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 28, 2004, 10:33:11 PM »

IIFY?  (Is it Friday yet?)  

Hey, check this out!

SALES TRACKING: (all numbers are approximate)

#1 W/O 10/21     612,859
#1 W/O 10/28     224,854
#3 W/O 11/04     140,957
#8 W/O 11/11     113,375
#13 W/O 01/11     93,688
#15 W/O 11/25   107,246
#14 W/O 12/02   144,369 (est)
#11 W/O 12/09   123,414 (est)
#11 W/O 12/16   156,827 (est)
#11 W/O 12/23   212,000 (est)
#15 W/O 12/30   175,000 (est)
#22 W/O 01/07     50,524 (est)
#32 W/O 01/14     28,146 (est)
#35 W/O 01/21     26,000 (est)
#?? W/O 01/28      26,752 (est)

TOTAL 2,236,011

shock:  

That's a bunch of CDs!   8)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 10:35:09 PM »

Clay is scheduled to be interviewed by KISS 98.5 FM in Buffalo NY this Thursday morning.

If you are in that area, you can hear the interview, but the station doesn't stream live audio.  I'll post a recap when I find it for you.

Here is the link in case they put the audio on their site.

KISS 98.5 FM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 10:37:42 PM »

RECAP SAN DIEGO HOT 93.3 FM INTERVIEW
Thanks to cladicted at the Clackhouse.

Nothing revolutionary in the interview. The DJ and Clay argued a bit over whether or not Clay was on American Dreams (DJ insisted he saw him on the show). They talked about AI3 and Clay gave some advice for the contestants "Just be yourself, go in there with personality." The DJ then said "Maybe they should go in and announce they are the next American Idol like you did." Clay responded that he was just pretending, he had no confidence in himself so he just decided to act confident and it worked. Clay said he thought Military Girl should have made it through, made a comment about the well running dry.

The DJ told Clay that he gets 10 emails every morning requesting Clay's music. (This is twice they have had Clay on and I have never once heard them play his music). Clay acted dismayed that there were only ten emails a day and directed the people of San Diego to send at least 50 emails a day to the DJ.  

They spent quite a bit of time talking about Clay's personal email account. He checks his email every day, has one account for work, one for family and friends.  

DJ then started talking about how many of today's popstars (used BSB as an example) rely on their dancing and asked Clay if he was happy that he did not have to do that. Clay said he was very relieved that it was not about his dancing or else he would not have any fans. Clay went on to say "Look at Britney and Janet-they are amazing dancers and have built their careers on it. I'm just lucky I don't have to dance."

Some concert talk, DJ asked Clay if he was excited to come to San Diego, Clay said he has never been here before and was looking forward to it. Clay then said "People, go buy more tickets, buy them for presents, buy, buy, buy."
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2004, 10:40:39 PM »

'03'S 'IDOL' RICH:  RUBEN, CLAY RACK UP SINGLES

By Jim Cheng, USA TODAY

American Idol's dominance over TV extended to singles sales, as Idol singles made up three of 2003's top four, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Clay Aiken's This Is the Night/Bridge Over Troubled Water sold 948,155 units, while Ruben Studdard's Flying Without Wings/Superstar took second with 728,243. Neither was a big radio-airplay hit, illustrating a disconnect between mostly young single buyers and radio stations targeting broader audiences.

The figures also demonstrate singles' lagging sales compared with albums. The year's top-selling album, 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin', sold 6.5 million copies.

The Idol finalists' version of God Bless the USA, a single that received virtually no radio airplay, was the fourth-best-selling single with 309,655. (Kid Rock's Picture was third with 392,489 and Hilary Duff (news)'s So Yesterday rounded out the top five with 141,360. Both were radio hits.)

The rest of the top 10: Korn, Did My Time (132,967); The Eagles, Hole in the World (121,376); Mariah Carey (news), Through the Rain (116,785); Aaliyah, Miss You (98,358); Jewel, Intuition (96,142). Only the last two achieved widespread radio success.
AdoringClay
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2004, 06:32:09 AM »

By Jim Cheng, USA TODAY (Talking about TITN/BOTW and FWOW/S singles)

...Neither was a big radio-airplay hit, illustrating a disconnect between mostly young single buyers and radio stations targeting broader audiences...

Huh????  "Mostly young, single buyers" (of Clay's TITN/BOTW single), so that is why radio stations did not play it?

Boy, are "they" out of touch with reality...Just who are these "experts"?  Sue g.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2004, 09:18:06 AM »

THE WAY GOING FOR ADDS!

CHR/Pop Going For Adds
 Artist  Title (Label)  
Clay Aiken   The Way (RCA)  
  Darkness   I Believe In A Thing Called Love (Must...Destroy/Atlantic)  
  Enrique Iglesias f/Kelis   Not In Love (Interscope)  
  Five For Fighting   100 Years (Aware/Columbia)  
  QED   Love Bites (Siren)  
  Usher f/Ludacris & Lil' Jon   Yeah (Arista)

RADIO & RECORDS
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2004, 09:21:50 AM »

If you want to purchase one of the copies of the Ability magazine,
you need to mail a check to the following address. Their credit
card site is down. The cost of the magazine and shipping is $6.95.

ABILITY Magazine
1001 W. 17th Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Ask for the Clay Aiken issue.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 09:55:11 AM »

Measure of a Man #33 on the Billboard Hot 200 Album Chart!

This week #33
Last week #35
Peak position #1
15 weeks on the chart
15 weeks in the Top 50

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!  

BILLBOARD HOT ALBUM CHART
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2004, 10:01:36 AM »

INVISIBLE #11 ON THE HOT AC SINGLES CHART

This week #11
Last week #11
Peak postition #8
Weeks on chart 16

BILLBOARD AC SINGLES CHART

But, drops to #77 from #63 on the Hot 200 Singles Chart after twelve weeks.   Time for The Way!

BILLBOARD HOT 200 SINGLES CHART
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2004, 10:17:17 AM »

Heads up all you Claynadians!
Thanks to Patches51 at ca.com for the recap of the Buffalo interview this morning.

Great interview - lasted about 20 minutes

Many same questions, but -
-said he was shooting the video for the Way this week -
doing one skit on SNL only as he is the musical guest - -Favourite colour - hesitated and said " orange, I guess-
-what kind of pajamas does he sleep in - old tee-shirt and polka- dotted pajama bottoms -
-in grade eight had a secret crush on Camen - but his grade nine girl friend was Katy and she didn't break his heart
-after this tour Kelly going into the studio to start her second album, he may go solo to a few places after that
- they are trying to work out a date during this tour to come to TORONTO - YES !!!!!!
- said he has gotten over going to the ATM to print out his bank balance and has stopped giggling at it now
- On vacation in Raleigh today, then going to Houston and a couple other places
- trying to work out a duet with Kelly
- Doesn't get to chuch any more but talks and prays to God daily as he is with him every day and thru everything that has happened the last year - wants to try to go to church on Sunday in the city they're in during the tour
- Who does he trust - his Mom - his right hand person who is with him every day on the tour and elsewhere - His foundation head and staff- in general most people that surround him
- Wants to sing some songs on the tour that may be on his second album

Both DJ's were very respectful, and courteous of him - Gotta go cookies in the oven -...
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2004, 10:18:19 AM »

This week #33
Last week #35
Peak position #1
15 weeks on the chart
15 weeks in the Top 50

This is amazing..

Congrats to Clay and all the Fans out there.  

Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 10:32:28 AM »

Another brief recap of the Buffalo interview, thanks to WNYClayfan at TTC.

WOW!! Awesome interview - about 25 minutes long....highlights!....

They are going to TRY to fit a Toronto date into the tour schedule.....after the tour ends in April, Kelly is gong into the recording studio, so if there are additional dates in the summer it will probably just be Clay!!!

He's on the east coast, so we didn't get him up in the middle of the night....just got out of bed...wearing a t-shirt and polka-dot PJ bottoms!!!

He will be doing a skit on SNL

He didn't know that Invisible retired #1 at TRL (that was my question!!!)

The tour is named Independent because it is literally 2 independent tours combined into one, and because they want (altho VERY grateful to AI for being where they are now) to move away from the AI stigma. (his exact words)

Here's some more....

He said he just woke up...he's on vacation!!! Well sort of, he's in (won't disclose the location, even though he did....don't want the mods to feel they have to edit it)...but on the road again tomorrow.

They asked if he had any juicy AI tour scandals that he could reveal to them....Clay said he wouldn't do that....but also that there isn't anything that "the smoking gun" hasn't already reported.

Janet said....are you aware you lost AI? (she elaborated to say "because you have become so successful"...it was very lighthearted!!). Clay said...."Thanks for reminding me" and laughed.

The DJs asked if he is happy to see that AI is still so successful this year....Clay laughed and said that he hoped they fail (jokingly) because he didn't want the extra competition!!

DJs - What's the best perk of fame....Clay mentioned the DMV story.

DJs - What kind of tea do you drink....Clay doesn't drink tea, nothing with caffeine - he's not allergic to it, but just doesn't drink it - usually drinks Sprite.

DJs - Best moment so far in 2004....Clay said it was when he was asked to do SNL. He will be on Feb 7th - they start prepping for it the Wednesday before. He is the musical guest and WILL DO A SKIT.

DJs - How do you stay fit? Clay....by eating Mac & Cheese and KKs - actually, he got good genes from his Mom.

Then they started asking questions sent in by the fans.....mine was first!!!!

DJs - Were you aware of the organized online marathon voting to get Invisible to retire from TRL at #1 this past Monday & Tuesday? Clay said he wasn't sure he understood the question (Janet asked it very fast)....they were about to move on to another question and Clay stopped them so he could talk about it. He said he didn't know Invisible had retired, let alone at #1. He thanked the fans and sounded happy to hear it!! He said he will be filming the video for The Way this coming week!! And then I think he said something like...so let's do it again for The Way!!

DJs - What's your favorite color? Clay hesitated and then said something like let's go for something different like orange...(so I don't think that his favorite color is really orange....probably doesn't have one)

DJs - Did you have a girfriend in 8th grade? Clay....didn't think so, had a crush on a girl named Katie....but in 9th grade his girlfriend's name was Carmen. DJs - Did she break your heart? Clay....No.

DJs - Will the Independent tour be coming to Buffalo? Clay....doesn't actually know where they are going....needed to find his schedule....he knew they would be in NY somewhere. They then talked a little about talk of a 2nd leg of the tour. This is where Clay talked about Kelly going into the studio in April and that they (my comment....he always refers to himself and his "team" as they) are considering continuing on to other venues into the summer. Clay mentioned that he is getting together with Kelly this Monday to see if they can work on a duet for the tour. He also said they are trying to fit in a Toronto date on the current tour schedule.

DJs - What's the hardest part of the transition to fame so far? Clay - not being able to go out in public anymore. He can't even take Raleigh out for a walk anywhere except his backyard.....Nick wanted to know if he needed a professional dog-walker!!!! Clay said ....no.

Janet - She said she hasn't seen as much compulsion with an artist since the N'Sync craze.....how does he feel about this? Clay...."I just don't get it!!!!" He never felt like that about any artists, so he just doesn't understand it. [there was a lot more to this portion of the conversation....I'll have to see what is on the tape]

Then they talked about the tour name....stuff that I included in the previous post.

OH MAN....I almost forgot.....He's going to try out some stuff on tour that he's thinking about using for the next album!!!!! You won't hear anything like what they sang on AI.

DJs - How are you doing with all that money you are making now? Clay....it's just sitting in the bank now - hasn't done anything with it yet. Nick - asked something about how crazy it is to see his bank account has that much money in it. Clay said he used to go to the ATM and print out his balance just so he could giggle at it...he doesn't do that anymore. (this was a really funny part of the interview).

DJs - Who do you trust? Clay...his Mom, the person who travels with him all the time, the woman who runs the foundation and his attorney. He went on to say that either everyone else is wrong about the people in the industry or he is very naive.....he is being treated very well by everyone....except the reporters!!

They then got into a very interesting discussion about God and how Clay is following His guidance. I wouldn't even try to paraphrase this section....I'll listen to my tape tonight and post later. It was very personal - just loved it. He did say that he talks to God everyday....Janet said that Nick had a tear in his eye during this section. That was the end of the interview.
tessie
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 01:02:44 PM »

Thanks Pamela...That was good reading!
grammaof6
SuperFan

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 05:08:03 PM »

Re: OMAHA Interview Today--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Posted by SOOOCLAYZY4CLAY on the ClayBoard.....

(DJ'S Pat & JT..Pat guy, JT girl)
Pat: Clay welcome...wish I could say congrats on being the American Idol...but you might as well be the american idol...I forget you aren't & that Ruben is, you may as well be.
Clay: Thanks for rubbing it in. I don't forget... people remind me all the time!(laughing)
JT: The Claynation is hot & heavy in Omaha area. It's unbelievable around here!
Clay...good for them
JT...they want to know everything, they tell us everything!
Clay...I know, I find out things from them
JT...just...saw you on Ed...
Clay ... my acting debut...whole 2 lines of it (laughs)
Pat...only 2 shows left
Clay...ya, at least I didn't close the show down
Pat...do your friends consider themselves claymates?
Clay: No, my good friends are the ones who don't really talk about me when we're together.
Pat: Have some of your friends changed?
Clay: I think so...but those are the ones we really don't talk to much anymore
Pat: You live in LA now, are you going to be at the Grammy's?
Clay: No, I'm doing SNL the night before on Febr. 7th, so not able to go.
Pat: Do the Claymates know that yet?
Clay: I'm afraid they do, my publicist told me and seconds later the phone rang and it was Suzanne and she said there are rumors going around you're going to be on SNL, is it true, so I had just found out two seconds before!
Clay: I think they're tapping my phone lines!
Pat: I saw your official website Clayonline.com it's really cool
Clay: ya, it got really behind schedule due to the webdesigners we were using didn't know what they were doing, but we got that all worked out and it should be up and going in the next week or two.
Pat: Since becoming a big star, is there anything you've changed, like your behavior at what you buy in the grocery store. What do you NOT buy at the grocery store now that you did before?
Clay:Nothing at all!!!
JT: Do you still buy the Tostinos pizzas?
Clay: laughs...ya, I have no problem with my frozen food addiction. Well, maybe one change, I used to buy 7 of the Stouffers macaroni & chees, and now I only buy 3, don't want to look like a pig!
Pat: Have you had any big appearances in the tabloids?
Clay: During the AI show we all did a bit, but the others kind of overshadowed me (with some of their criminal activities), about all they said about me was that I was a Mama's boy, which is not a secret
JT: Are you excited about the tour with Kelly?
Clay: ya, I really am, we were both going to do solo tours, then somebody suggested a joint tour. I think it will be fun, someone to share the load with and hang with on the bus
Pat: You're going to be in Omaha March 24th, tickets are selling like crazy
Clay: Are they selling like CRAZY??? Are you sure? (worried voice) You got to get MANY people there!
JT: People were writing in that they were going to camp out
Pat: People were still in line in the afternoon after tickets went on sale
Questions from fans who called in:
Linda: I heard you're doing 2 albums this year, would one of them be a Christmas album?
Clay: No plans for another album this year..would not rule out releasing something else this year
just recorded duet with Kim L, finished my part yesterday
no plans for solo stuff this year, but I would love to get another album out before the end of the year, whether or not that will happen at the end of this year or first of next year I don't know.
Erin: Clay, How does it feel to know you inspired SO may people and changed so many lives?
Clay: How could it not feel good, that's one of the best perks of being a celebrity. Being successful at that is the biggest compliment.
(Back to DJ's)
JT: Have you been watching AI this year? Route 66 girl?
Clay: yes, they're really bad. I was really upset with Randy & Simon for being SO mean to her, I was with Randy at rehersals and watched it with him, and got mad at him for being so mean to her.
Said he thinks Paula is the best judge this year because she is no more honest and not quite so nice. Feels Randy has gotten more like Simon and too mean this year.("going to the dark side")
Pat: If you could go back to your life one year ago and be normal for one day, what would you do?
Clay: I would go back to Raleigh and hang with friends and go to all of the most crowded places I could think of...mall, movie, dinner and stuff and not have anyone recognize me, that would be pretty cool!
JT: One more question...are you taking your dog Raleigh with you on tour?
Clay: yes I am, she's going on tour with me. She just got a haircut the other day. She kind of looks like a rat
Pat: (joking) They already just told us that
Clay: (scared) no they didn't, please tell me you're kidding
Pat: They already told us they didn't like the color of ribbon (on Raleigh).
Clay: Theres no way, please tell me you're kidding. this is a little freaky, she did have one on...please tell me you're kidding, this is freaking me out, that means they were looking in my house!
Pat & JT We're just joshing you
Clay: Whew...that was freaking me out!!!
Pat & JT:well try & keep them under control
Clay: Make them to buy more tickets
Pat: Clay you should have been the American Idol and thanks for coming on our show!
Clay: Well thank you very much
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 05:26:26 PM »

CASTING CALL FOR CLAY'S NEXT VIDEO!

CHECK IT OUT!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx