gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:09:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 361
Total: 361

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 28  (Read 3589 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 27, 2004, 11:07:58 PM »

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Hmmmm.   shock:

RISE AND SHINE, IT'S CLAY AIKEN TIME!  <---I love that! You might see it again, but I'll try not to wear it out.   Wink:

Here now the news!

Thanks to ClayNation for insuring the success of Invisible on MTV’s TRL!

Invisible was retired yesterday after fifty days on the countdown.  It premiered on October 31, 2003 at #8 on the chart.  The next day, it was #7. And every day after that, with the exception of that one dark day in the vault, it was never lower than #5.

It spent 43 days in the Top 3 and 14 of the 50 days at #1.  It’s one of only three videos to retire at #1.

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!

Greetings from Raleigh!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:09:54 PM »

BOBBLEHEADS ARE HERE!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 11:11:45 PM »

Are radio programmers out of touch with what listeners want to hear? Of the 10 top-selling singles of 2003, only a couple were radio hits. Here's the list, according to recently released data:

Clay Aiken's "This Is the Night"/"Bridge Over Troubled Water" at #1 with 948,155 copies, followed by Ruben Studdard's "Flying Without Wings"/"Superstar" (728,243), Kid Rock's "Picture" (392,489), "American Idol" finalists' "God Bless the USA" (309,655), Hilary Duff's "So Yesterday" (141,360), Korn's "Did My Time" (132,967), the Eagles' "Hole in the World" (121,376), Mariah Carey's "Through the Rain" (116,785), Aaliyah's "Miss You" (98,358) and Jewel's "Intuition" (96,142).

MTV.COM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

MORE LENO (IF YOU CAN'T GET ENOUGH)

In some areas, The Tonight Show repeats a week later in the early morning hours. So, the January 21 appearance may be repeated a week later on NBC at 2:05am. So Thursday January 29 at 2:00 am you can watch again, or tape it if you missed the first time.

Check your local listings for details!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 11:15:37 PM »

MEDIABASE AIRPLAY

CHART: POP/CHR
SONG: INVISIBLE
WEEK_ENDING: 1/23/2004
This_week: 29
Last_week: 20

CHART: HOT AC
This_week: 23
Last_week: 24

CHART: AC
This_week: 12
Last_week: 13

STATS: CHR/POP
DATE: TUESDAY, 1/27/04
SONG: THE WAY
Chart_Rank_TW: 114
Chart_Rank_LW: 253
Chart_Spins_TW: 65
Chart_Spins_LW: 3

STATS: CHR/POP
DATE: TUESDAY, 01/27/04
SONG: THE WAY
Chart_Rank_TW: 113
Chart_Rank_LW: 253
Chart_Spins_TW: 64
Chart_Spins_LW: 3
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 05:45:17 AM »

It’s one of only three videos to retire at #1.

Pamela, do you know which other two retired at #1?  I'm guessing Brittany or M&M.  Just curious.  Trying to get a comparison of how big a number one retirement is.

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 07:00:05 AM »

Quote from: quynn
It’s one of only three videos to retire at #1.

Pamela, do you know which other two retired at #1?  I'm guessing Brittany or M&M.  Just curious.  Trying to get a comparison of how big a number one retirement is.

I should have clarified that statement...Clay is one of four artists to retire at #1 with a video that debuted in 2003.  There were three others.

The others were Eminen, Good Charlotte and Justin Timberlake.

Facts?  Shmacts!   Laughing:   I need a fact checker too!  
Sorry about that...I do usually triple check things before I post them.   ::spanks self::
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 07:27:11 AM »

Here is a cute poll.  I know you know what to do!

NC OR MASS?
songbird457
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 07:58:15 AM »

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

What a cool quote from the man who I share my last name with!  :D I think we might just be related.  Wink:
houstonclayfan
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 09:20:08 AM »

Quote from: Pamela
Here is a cute poll.  I know you know what to do!

NC OR MASS?

This was TOUGH because I was born and raised in Mass, but the worlds best singer/ education advocate is from N.C.  Whats a girl to do ????  

Yeah, I voted for Clay.  But I still voted for Cheers !  Wink:
houstonclayfan
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 09:21:49 AM »

Just wanted to let y'all know that I went to amazon to look into Jody McBrayer (Clays favorite singer) and the CD is SOLD OUT !!!!

Hmmm...  I wonder why that is.  Fess up, how many of you have ordered it ???
Misha
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 10:07:35 AM »

I just got this email from the TRL Team...  thought it was interesting.

January 28, 2004
Hey everyone!

We did it! Congratulations to Clay for having his first video retired from MTV's TRL! This is a big accomplishment for him and it couldn't have happened without your help. Give yourself a big hand for all of the time and energy you spent voting for "Invisible" and keeping it on the countdown for 50 days, including 13 days at #1!!!

The team is going to take a break, but not for long. Clay's next video for his song "The Way" is coming in February. Keep an eye out for the next team email as we get ready to take Clay and his new video to the top of TRL!

Hopefully Clay will see everyone on the road as his tour starts February 23rd. In the meantime, stay in touch with all the latest news and happenings with the official Clay Aiken Newsring!

Thank you again for all of your help!

Sam
Clay Aiken's TRL Team

songbird457
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 10:15:40 AM »

I got that too Misha. We are awesome fans! Clay is very proud and happy with everything I am sure.

Houston,
I did check out stuff on Jody McBrayer, but no surprisingly it was not me who bought a cd. I am interested though.  Wink:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 11:09:38 AM »

Quote from: Misha
I just got this email from the TRL Team...  thought it was interesting.

Is anyone else going to miss seeing email from Clay in your mailbox?  

Heh heh heh.   8)

Thanks for sharing the news Misha!
songbird457
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 11:33:26 AM »

Is anyone else going to miss seeing email from Clay in your mailbox?

Heh heh heh

I was thinking the same, Pamela. The first time I got mail from "Clay AIken" I almost flipped out  hee hee.  :oops:

Just gotta wait for "The Way"!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 11:53:46 AM »

Clay interviewed this morning with 107.9 FM in Sacramento.  Thanks to CAClayvert at ca.com for this recap:

Considering the history of these DJs, they were actually fairly nice to Clay. I still wish it was DJ Doug (night DJ) who did the interview, but oh well.

Gotta say first of all that it was hard to follow the interview cause Clay talks so ding-dang fast  and there were plenty of times that they were talking over each other. Clay just has so much to say all the time. I love that guy!

Greeted him and said that he must be tired of doing all these interviews cause he's done so much of them. Clay said yes, he's been doing a lot of them.

Told him it was so funny when Ruben and Clay were watching AI3 together (the AH clip) and laughing. Asked him who was the worst and Clay said it was the twin girls. He said they sounded okay singing individually, but that when they sang together, they were singing the same song in different keys "just enough to make you cringe... it was horrible". Sidenote by me: Clay, is so cute when he talks about music keys like that... he's such a pro now... heck all I'd say is they sound out of tune together.

Told him (more like lied) that last time they talked to him they didn't have much time to ask him questions, but that this time they more time so they wanted to ask him good questions. Sidenote by me: Yeah right (sarcastic tone from me here)... and that's why their next question was...

Asked him what kind of car he drives.  Clay didn't wanna tell them cause he said then they'd know where to find him. They kept on insisting and said that they're in CA, so they won't be able to find him. Duh! So Clay told them, well I'm in CA too. And so after awhile Clay gave in a li'l and told them that he drives a white SUV. Thank goodness they didn't insist on asking for what the make was. They told him he probably had 20 deep-dish rims (car lingo here... basically hinting that his SUV is probably all tricked up)... he said that no, that doesn't sound like something he would drive. Sidenote by me: Geesh, these DJs are so irritating... but anyways.

Asked him about his personal life and if he's seeing anybody. He said he has his dog and that they hang out together all the time... said that that was about the only time he has right now. Asked him what the dog's name was and Clay told them Raleigh.

Then they talked about his graduation and how people were buying tickets to it. And Clay talked about some really nice fans who bought them from eBay and then gave it to his mom so that his family can use it. He was very complimentary about these fans and I just wanna add my own thanks to those thoughtful fans... Clay really appreciated you guys. He said that his fans are "very adamant, very enthusiastic, but they're very supportive and loyal and extremely caring". Sidenote by me: Clay was very sweet as he was describing his fans... and I was so happy that he knows that we're not just crazy, but that we care about him as well.

The fan discussion led to them telling him how they know that his fans are just crazy about him and asked him how he's handling the girls being absolutely nuts over him. Then without letting him answer, asked him what's the weirdest or most uncomfortable experience he's had with a fan. Of course, we all know Clay's standard answer to this by now... he talked about the lady who told him about "doing it" with her hubby to videotapes of him on the show. These sleazy DJs got a rise out of that... it seemed to make them so much more enthusiastic... go figure! Clay said he was getting weirded out right now just by talking about it... said that she was a very nice lady, but that he doesn't need to know these stuff. The DJs were laughing and said he should be flattered and he was like, "I don't know, it freaks me out right now:... he was laughing. Sidenote by me: Clay sounded cheery talking and sounded like he was joking around quite a bit, so don't anyone start getting sensitive over this.

Asked him about World Idol and if he thought Kurt was better than Kelly. Clay said that he thought Kelly was the best one on there. And he told them why: because Kurt sounded exactly the same as Bono and we already have a Bono... said that Kurt is a "ggrrrreat" and wonderful singer, no doubt... but that if he wanted to hear the song exactly the same way, then he would buy a U2 album. Sidenote by me: Yes, very good point Clay! He didn't make it his own, in other words... something Clay is the master of.

Moved on to talk about Independent tour. Clay said that they were gonna both have individual tours, but then someone had the idea of putting both shows together... so they're just gonna take their own shows and put them together and flip the order back and forth. Asked him if they were gonna do songs together and Clay said that they've been considering how they can do that, but they don't know how it will work yet and don't know if they'll end up doing that, "but it's a possibility for sure".

Moved on to Ruben talk again asked him if Ruben has called him to ask why he (Ruben) is not on this Independent tour. Clay, smart and sweet guy that he is, told them that no Ruben's not asking him that cause he's doing his own tour. Asked him if he talks to Ruben much and he said they talk at least once a week and that he just saw him on AH last Wednesday.

Asked him about Justin Guarini and he said he doesn't have much contact with him. The jerk DJ asked him if JG cuts his lawns for him. Asked him what his biggest dream about being a singer was when he was a kid that has come true and that he's done. Clay said he never really dreamed of being a singer, that he did this as a hobby before and didn't really think he could make a career out of it. But he did say that the best gigs for him so far are: World Series, Miss America Pageant, Saturday Night Live! He said that he thinks they're gonna give him a shot at doing some funny stuff and that "we'll see how funny" he is. They said that they should have Raleigh with him on the show and Clay said that she's probably funnier than him. Sidenote by me: I'm getting excited about this SNL gig!

Told him they were looking forward to the show. Then just to irritate the heck out of us, they mentioned his makeover and how too bad @#%$ Eye for the Straight Guy wasn't around for his makeover. Clay, quick and witty guy that he is, told them, "I didn't need them!"... in a joking voice, of course.

Told him that "Idol is out of your future, Sacramento is in your future" and they're looking forward to seeing him and Kelly. They told him the fans have been emailing about the show and that he has a really BIG fanbase here in Sacramento... fans can't wait to see him. Semi-sarcastic remark by jerk DJ: "We love us some Invisible!" Other DJs thank him and tell him they look forward to his visit to Sactown. Clay thanks them graciously and before he can hang up jerk DJ told him to "tell Roy Williams I said hi"... Clay laughs and said, "I will". Other DJs told him to take care and Clay said "bye!" And he was gone like the wind. Sidenote by me: Can someone please tell me why they told him to say hi to Roy Williams? Is he from NC or something?

So there yah go... sorry, I couldn't transcribe it word for word. Clay talks so dang fast that it was hard even just to do this on my own words. But I gotta say that despite the fact that these DJs are not my favorites, they actually treated him fairly nice... except for the li'l tidbits from that one really jerk DJ... I think the other 2 DJs were actually very open to him and treated him nicely. Thank goodness!

So about Heather Locklear... they have this BIG name BIG game contest here... people are supposed to have their friends who are BIG celebrities call in for them and if they're the biggest celebrity to call in, the friend wins a Superbowl party.

Anyway, before Heather goes on the air, they were talking about how they just talked to Clay. So when she goes on the air she said that she was about to hang up when she heard that Clay Aiken just called in cause she knew she wasn't the BIGGEST celebrity in the game anymore. She said Clay Aiken is so BIG right now. But they explained to her that Clay wasn't in the game and that he called in to talk about his tour. So, Heather was like, oh good, cause there's no way that I would have topped Clay Aiken.

I always knew there was something about that girl that I liked.  

Please do us a favor and ask these DJ's NICELY if they could post the clip on their site. I recorded it but I have no way of making an audio clip.

Here's their site: www.endonline.com/endonli...ndex.shtml

Here's their email:
themorningrave@entercom.com

Please ask nicely cause these morning DJs are not historically the most Clay-friendly (although the rest of this station's DJs are great), but they seemed nice to him today. We want to keep them on our side cause they're the ones plugging the tour.
tessie
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 01:41:55 PM »

So done and in a polite and complimentary manner.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2004, 05:41:56 PM »

Another radio interview this morning...this one is WKRZ in Wilkes Barre, the home of 'tattoo girl'!

Recap from ca.com.

Clay remembered the last time he was interviewed on KRZ.. he remembered the 'tattoo girl'. He remembered meeting her, and mentioned that she even made it onto the 'AI Life on the Road' TV show!' Then he said in March when he's here, that "someone will have to get tattooed on their forehead or he's not meeting them!" Sue told Clay that he can tell us what he wants them to do next time. He didn't have a response.

Then they talked about the 'sold-out' arenas...Clay said that "Raleigh is sold-out" and seemed thrilled that W-B is sold-out too, and "there are 1 or 2 more that are real close to that." Sue told him that you got to love us like your home town.

Sue carried on about all the calls and emails they received since they announced the interview. Mentioned the many Claymates in this area, and that we are 'coming out of the woodwork' Clay giggled and chuckled and said "good for them!" and said that was good.

Then Rocky mentioned the 72 year old German grandma that was driving them crazy and begging them for tickets and how she is driving her husband crazy listening to Clay's music. Clay said "Does she have a tattoo?" and giggled again.Sue said no, but she has a great German accent.

Rocky asked Clay about Ed show. Clay said it was "really nice, a relaxed atmosphere, different than doing a concert, and was easy to do and everyone was real nice, and got real excited when I saw my name flash across the screen and since I have TIVO I paused it and watched it about 3 times".

Then Rocky asked him about SNL and asked if he can see himself doing any skits. Clay said "they might have the guts to let me try something else". Rocky asked him where he's going to draw the line as far as skit comedy goes? Clay said "I don't know, on SNL is there such a thing as a line?" And "I'll see when it comes up, if I think it is appropriate or not".

Then they talked about the new season of AI. Clay's answers were the same you've heard before, that they have been showing more bad singers than last year. He said that last year, all of them in the top ten were showed on these early shows. And that he did miss the 'scooter girl'. But he "talked to the people on AI who do the make-overs and they hope that the scooter girl makes it into the top ten because they so want to make her over."

Rocky told Clay to "hold on because they have many email questions from local Claymates", but when they came back from the commercial, he never mentioned them!

Rocky said they heard from the arena and that they may free up some seats. (Goodie!)

Rocky talked about Clay's success in 2003 (didn't mention anything specific), and asked Clay if he can top his success he has in 2003. Clay said that he's "not looking to top it, but would be happy to sustain it and remain viable in 2004", and if he can do that, he'll be thrilled.

Clay said that rehearsals for the tour begin next week, and that he is shooting the video for The Way this week. They talked about the 'co-headline-ing', and Clay mentioned how they would be alternating, but didn't seem to know for sure in W-B which it would be.(Well, we can tell him that here he will be headlining!)

DJ's asked if he thinks they (Clay/Kelly) compliment each other. Clay said they they do and they are "just different enough that it will give variety to the show." He talked about how there will be "just Clay fans, and just Kelly fans, and that hopefully by the end of the show, there may be some who will like him who came for Kelly" and vice versa.

DJ's asked him if he can 'believe his life right now'. Clay mentioned how he's "slowly, starting to come to terms with it". He realizes that he "may not be anonymous any more".. giggle by all. He said that "it's a little hard to believe since he wasn't even on TV this time last year". He knows he has to "put my hoody on when I go to the airport, and don't go to the mall or grocery store."

Clay said that he would be watching the SuperBowl from "here in LA" and "was sure that Carolina would win" and "if they don't win, that North Carolina would just be the home of the second place .....(muffled)!. (WOW! When does he sleep? It was 4:30 am for him for this interview!)

DJ's said to say good by to Wilkes-Barre, your second home. Clay giggled and said "My second home.. thank you W-B for buying so many tickets.. ROCK ON GUYS! "
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx