gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:04:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 372
Total: 372

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 27  (Read 2828 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 27, 2004, 02:09:24 PM »

Straight news today Claymaniacs; due to the board going all bazonkers and wonky last night I'm just going to slam it all up here.  OK?  

Go!

VH-1 ALL ACCESS PREVIEW

A little more than a year ago, Clay Aiken was an unknown. Today, he’s an international superstar with a hit album and millions of adoring fans. But despite being in the spotlight, there’s a lot we don’t know about the this overnight sensation. Now VH1 All Access Spotlight takes you inside the home, head and heart of Clay Aiken.

This half hour special will consist of short, fast paced segments, each one giving us new insight into the real Clay Aiken as we spend up close and personal time with the 25-year-old phenomenon. Among the segments:
Clay on fame – From a wild homecoming parade with thousands of screaming fans, to endless autograph sessions, to the constant demands of life in the spotlight, Clay is still just getting used to it all. We’re in the limos, at the parade and by his side with the fans as we take it all in with him and hear the ups and downs of being hugely famous.

-Clay on family – Though he’s a genuine superstar, Clay is also a good old country boy who puts family first. While spending time with him at his childhood home, the singer reflects on his roots and what’s made him the young man he is. While at home he hangs out with his old music teacher who remembers what a trouble maker he used to be, plays with his new dog Raleigh and goes for a swing with Mom who keeps her oldest boy in line.

-Clay on fate – If not for a simple twist of fate, Clay Aiken would have continued his first chosen profession of working with autistic youth. Without any formal training or experience and primarily on a whim, he attended an audition for American Idol. He didn’t make it. But his determination eventually won over the judges at a second audition and the rest is history. We’ll hear from Clay on his unlikely ride to the top and about his regrets about leaving his first profession behind.

-Clay on fun – Between rushing around the country and in and out of performances, Clay does enjoy a few of his favorite things. He’s just a big kid after all. We hit Rockefeller skating rink in New York City and see his best moves, join him as he takes in the bright lights of Las Vegas and horses around on camera with some local news personalities from his home town.

-Clay on fans – Whether he’s back home being mobbed by well wishers, on stage soaking in the screams of thousands of fans, or opening the thousands of pieces of fan mail and gifts he gets every week from all over the world, Clay fans, known as “Clay-niacs” and “Clayboys” number in the millions. Clay shares his feelings about being overwhelmed and sometimes frightened by all the attention.

-Clay on the future – Clay is all too aware that riding American Idol to fame does not guarantee anything beyond the moment. While appreciating everything he’s achieved, he does not want to be a one hit wonder. Clay opens up about his fears, his desires and his hopes for the future.

By the end VH1 All Access Spotlight: Clay Aiken, viewers will know this amazingly talented young man in a new, intimate and spontaneous way.

VH-1 ALL ACCESS LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 02:16:54 PM »

Clay was interviewed on Star 94.7 FM in Atlanta this morning!

Go HERE for the link to download the interview!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 02:17:32 PM »

Clay is scheduled to be interviewed by KISS 98.5 FM in Buffalo NY this Thursday.

If you are in that area, you can submit questions they may use in their interview.

Email your questions to:  morningshow@kiss985.com

KISS 98.5 FM
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 03:20:03 PM »

Clay and MoaM end up at #36 on the HDD sales chart this week!

Remember last week we didn't show up in the Top 50 but after Soundscan factored in we were back on the chart!

We'll find out tomorrow or Thursday where the final numbers put us on the Billboard chart this week.

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 03:29:43 PM »

INVISIBLE RETIRES AT #1 ON TRL!

Way to go ClayNation!  Once again we all joined forces in a show of unity in voting Invisible to #1 on retirement day!

TRL showed the plaque that Clay will receive then played a nice mini- retrospective of Clay's appearances, the day he ate the play-doh (eeww!), singing LIVE in the green stripey, the fans outside the studio cheering for him, parts of the video itself interspersed with the announcers comments (they called him 'the man of the people! and a songbird!) and Tom Cruise saying that Clay was 'very talented!'

Then they played almost the entire video and to wrap things up Damien announced that in honor of Clay he was wearing the same outfit Clay wore in the video and demonstrated a little Claymove when he strutted across the studio then flashed his jacket back!

Cute.  But not like Clay.   Wink:

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!
songbird457
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 03:47:15 PM »

yeah and they said "Songbird" too.  :D

I was like "Me? Oh you shouldn't have."  8)
mackncsu
Enthusiastic

I love it!

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 06:48:04 PM »

haha I heard them say songbird also! I was like...go girl!

Tacet Twin #2 (the brains)
Dont hate me because Clay knows I dont play
Player of Clays favorite instrument!
Claymate16
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 06:52:36 PM »

lol that caught my attention! what was that all about?
songbird457
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 08:43:52 PM »

Pamela,
I downloaded the star 94.7 interview but now I can't open it to listen to it. is it no longer available? does anyone know?  Cry!:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2004, 09:19:36 PM »

Quote from: songbird457
Pamela,
I downloaded the star 94.7 interview but now I can't open it to listen to it. is it no longer available? does anyone know?  Cry!:

I put a new link in the Member's Corner, I think it works much better.
This link took forever to download!
songbird457
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 09:28:22 PM »

Yes Pamela, Thank you!
I replied in Member Corner too. I just watched them and have fallen in love once again. That southern charm gets me everytime!!!  :oops:
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx