gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:23:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 303
Total: 303

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 26  (Read 4450 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 26, 2004, 08:31:07 AM »

"We don’t like their sound, and guitar music is on the way out."
- Decca Recording Company, rejecting the Beatles, in 1962

What foresight, eh?  Well, it just goes to show...the 'experts' don't always know what they are talking about.  The fans on the other hand, we always know what we're talking about!   Laughing:

It's a snowy Monday here in NC and I don't have to go to work.
So, BEWARE!  I'll be here all day!

Here now, the news....

RISE AND SHINE, IT'S CLAY AIKEN TIME!<<--  I love that!

CLAY AIKEN CONCERT QUICKLY SELLS OUT
Tickets to see Clay Aiken in concert here in the Triangle sold out Saturday in less than an hour.  

1/25/2004 10:03 AM
By: Heather Moore & Web Staff        

Rise and shine – it’s Clay Aiken time!  And some fans had to rise early to get in line for tickets.“We got here at 5, they got here at 6,” said fan Katie Francis.  Both the young and the young at heart all came out with a great attitude and one goal in mind – to get Clay Aiken tickets. “I can't wait for March 1st!” said Ruth Carty.“I didn't get tickets for the last concert and I wanted to make sure I got one,” said Betty Moore.  But it didn’t matter where you are in line outside the RBC Center. The most important thing was where you are in line inside.  Once inside, fans got lottery tickets to determine what place they'd hold in the ticket line and that's when people started getting really excited.

Fans were excited just to stand in line to purchase tickets, so you can imagine what these fans were like when tickets finally went on sale at 10 a.m.“We got front row!”So, with cheers, tears, and hugs - fans found out where they'll be spending March 1st. But, it wasn't long before these tickets were "invisible.”By 10:30, whether online or in line, only a few single seats were left out of the 10,000 being sold. And before 11, the Raleigh concert was a sellout.“I'm gonna be crying at the show, overjoyed with excitement!” exclaimed Kate Allan. “I'm gonna be...I can't explain it!  ”Whether it’s the front row or the far back corner, these fans are just happy to have their tickets.

The Clay Aiken and Kelly Clarkson “Independent” tour also has a February 24th stop in Charlotte and a March 13th concert in Winston-Salem.

NEWS 14 CAROLINA
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2004, 08:33:08 AM »

IF YOU CAN, BE PART OF THE ULTIMATE VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT TO OUR SUPERSTAR!!

Between February 2nd and February 6th, purchase a copy of Clay's hit CD Measure of a Man and help bring it back to #1 on Valentine's Day!!

What better way to show Clay our love and respect?

#1 IN OUR HEARTS, #1 ON THE CHARTS!!

Let's do it guys ! #1 in our hearts #1 on the charts !!!
The response and committment to this is huge !

Faye has said of this project "You guys are awesome!"

Let's show her and Clay just HOW awesome !

Orders off of Amazon.com will count if paid for during this time. If you can't use another CD - use thier option to donate it to the troops overseas. Overstock.com also has this option. You might also want to consider these ideas

-Donate it to the local library
-Drop it off at a women's shelter
-Send it to BAF for PR purposes or to become a signed auction.
-Or if you're brave - give it to your boss to explain your internet addiction !!!!!!!!!!

From ca.com.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2004, 08:51:58 AM »

CLAY INTERVIEW ON DENVER RADIO

Clay is being interviewed today by 95.7 KISS-FM in Denver, CO.  The interview will be aired later in the week.  The station does stream live audio, but you'll need to sign up first.  I'll post the air date as soon as I know it.

Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 09:12:46 AM »

Clay and Invisible are #1 on the 97.5 WPST Top 9 at 9!

They also have a poll, and Clay needs some love.

GO VOTE!
LJB
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 09:24:48 AM »

20 Questions With Clay Aiken!!!

Q: Who is your favorite singer?

A: Jody McBrayer

I never heard of her.....have you?
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 09:39:03 AM »

Quote from: LJB
20 Questions With Clay Aiken!!!

Q: Who is your favorite singer?

A: Jody McBrayer

I never heard of her.....have you?

Jody McBrayer is a male, a christian music singer.  Clay mentioned in an interview many moons ago that some people thought he sounded like Jody McBrayer.  He also wears stripey shirts and has Clay hair...

JODY

Newsflash - watch for sales to rise on Jody McBryayer's latest album!  Laughing:

Thanks LJB!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2004, 09:43:17 AM »

This article is not about Clay specifically.  But the thoughts and opinions expressed within do relate to Clay and his music in general.  I thought it was interesting.

'SEXING IT UP' DOESN'T NECESSARILY SELL ALBUMS
In lean times, buyers more interested in message than T&A

Christina vamps like a burlesque stripper. Britney’s gone from schoolgirl to slut. Pink is punk.

Many of music’s reigning divas are partying like it’s 1999, even though the world has become a darker, more uncertain and more anxious place since September 11, 2001.

With the economy in a funk and record sales down for three years running, even established artists are sexing it up -- no doubt encouraged by edgy industry executives.

The problem is, the public just doesn’t seem to be in the mood for it, and the recent mediocre album sales by Spears, Pink and similar artists may reflect a classic case of mismarketing.

MSNBC LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2004, 09:53:47 AM »

COUNTRY FANS NEED A PICK ME UP AFTER A DISAPPOINTING 2003

Clay Aiken also is showing the world the philanthropic and generous nature of many country folks with the first annual Clay Aiken ABLE to SERVE Awards. This program offers 33 awards of as much as $2,000 each to people between the ages of 5 and 22 with developmental disabilities. They use the money to create and participate in community service projects for National and Global Youth Service Day, April 16 through 18, and beyond.

PITTSBURGH LIVE LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2004, 10:02:25 AM »

Clay's TRL Stats
Current TRL Status: #1
Days on TRL: 48
Highest Position on TRL: #1

2 more days!  Can we do it?  I think we can!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 10:33:59 AM »

Clay Aiken On
Written by: Lynda Dale MacLean

The second season of American Idol is when I started watching it consistently. I only caught the last few shows during the first season because I just wasn't quite sure what the show was about, and with so many reality-based shows popping up, it was just too much to consume.

So, of course, I got into the second season with the blinders off, and my ear to the screen, hoping to discover, among the millions of viewers already under American Idol fever, the next big star.

I liked Clay Aiken from the start and he proved himself so many times during each show. I was dumbfounded when he didn't make that critical cut, but then clouds cleared a spot for him to be able to pour his heart out once again. Clay performed an amazing and brilliant version of Don't Let The Sun [Go] Down on Me and it sure didn't!   He won a spot back on the show with the audience voting him back in (thank goodness for that!)

No need for me to tell you the rest of his success story, but Clay was, and still is, my favorite American Idol and I think he's done a fantastic job of making music so far.

In fact, I bought Clay's Bridge Over Troubled Water and This Is The Night two-song CD, and I don't buy two-song CD's, but for Clay, you bet I did! Even more impressive is his Measure Of A Man CD. This guy is talented, no doubts about that!

My Clayitis has not stopped, and when I read that he was going to appear on an episode of ED, I was on top of it!

This was Clay's first official acting gig on television, and he did all right by me. I only wish he would have had more camera time while he was singing, but regardless, his voice is what captivates and captures me, and the fact that he seems so down to earth and works with kids, makes him even more of a "idol" in more ways than one.

Clay performed at the Stucky Bowl and sung This Magic Moment and The Way off his Measure of a Man CD.

I've got a crush, just like the millions of fans Clay already has.

CELEBRITY CAFE LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2004, 10:51:05 AM »

HDD Sales Update:

Clay is currently at #35

I hope the Leno and Ed appearances helped sales this week!

::crosses fingers::
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2004, 11:48:53 AM »

Thanks to elfe350 at RHT for this recap of a radio interview with Kelly this morning!

Kelly was interviewed on KISS 106.1 this morning in Seattle. She talked about the tour and Clay. She was funny, down to earth, and very gracious. I was impressed. Her first few questions were all about Clay and she never once showed any frustration with this or tried to turn the talk to herself. I know many Clay fans just hate it when Clay is always asked about Ruben. Well, Kelly showed no desire to have the spotlight only on her. Very gracious—did I already say that?

She was asked who she thought was the bigger draw on the tour—her or Clay. She said well, she wasn’t sure, but Clay was so hot right now, so popular, that maybe Clay. And what about Clay’s fans? The DJs said they are so fanatical, the Claymates, sleeping outside the KISS studio, chasing us in their cars to get backstage passes, etc. Kelly said they didn’t have to tell her about Clay’s fans. She knew all about them. Clay’s fans think he is Jesus! And the way she said this was really not insulting--I know it might sound a little bad—but she said it in the sense that Clay’s fans just worship him, not in a sacrilegious way. But they are really cool, said Kelly. She has met a lot of his fans and they are cool people. They are not like my fans. Why not? Clay’s fans are crazy about him, they will sleep outside of Leno to see him perform. My fans don’t sleep outside of Leno to see me! Why is Clay, this tall, skinny guy with red hair and freckles, the heartthrob of so many young women? Kelly laughed. Well, you just described Conan O’Brien, and I think he is hot. But Clay is funny, smart, has a great sense of humor, and has a great voice. (A few reasons fans might love Clay.)

Where were you on New Years Eve? Why weren’t you performing anywhere? Kelly says she was at World Idol and then the talk turned to the World Idol competition. She said she really liked Kurt, that he had a fantastic voice like Bono, and there was something cool about the fact that he, coming from Norway, the very smallest country in the competition, had won. She also liked the Belgian rocker guy and the Arabian Idol. She was asked if it was hard to have the American Idol title following her around and if she wished she just couldn’t be an artist on her own merit instead of always having AI mentioned with her name. She said no, not really. American Idol had helped her. And she had had so much success since the contest, with her CD, on the radio, etc. Also, she was having really good success overseas, where people were not familiar with her from AI, so she knew she was appreciated for herself and not just as the AI winner.

She was asked if there was any chance for a romance with Clay during the tour. She said, no, she didn’t think so, but that Clay was a very cool guy. She was then asked what sort of guy she was attracted to. And she said Steve Tyler. Then the interview was over.

Kelly hung up and DJs then talked about how big this Clay/Kelly show was going to be in Seattle’s Key Arena. They are taking bets at their station about which show will sell more tickets, the Clay/Kelly show on April 8 or the Britney/Kelis concert on March 12, both at the same venue. The first to lay down her bet was Sammi, the KISS weather girl, who said her bet is on Clay and Kelly. Their show is going to be huge!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2004, 11:52:32 AM »

Tuesday 1.27
Clay Aiken's 'Invisible' goes invisible & retires today. Start thinking about what vid you want to replace it on the Top Ten.

Thursday 1.29
Now that Clay retired, check to see which video grabbed his coveted position on the countdown. :!:

Check out last weeks Top 5 videos:

1.  Clay Aiken
"Invisible"
(RCA)
Bands A-Z: Clay Aiken

2.  Britney Spears
"Toxic"
(BMG/Jive)
Bands A-Z: Britney Spears
3.  Hilary Duff
"Come Clean"
(Buena Vista/Hollywood Records)
Bands A-Z: Hilary Duff
4.  Good Charlotte
"Hold On"
(Daylight/Epic Records)
Bands A-Z: Good Charlotte
5.  Twista
"Slow Jamz"
(Atlantic Recording Corp.)
Bands A-Z: Twista

MTV TRL

Wink: Are you voting today?Wink:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2004, 01:40:34 PM »

Rolling Stone has included Clay and Kelly on a poll for upcoming covers.
This would be FANTASTIC promotion for the tour, which even though might be sold out all over the place, still would benefit from positive press and media attention.

RS COVER POLL

You have to be registered, then click the link on the left.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2004, 06:05:27 PM »

CLAY'S NEW BACKUP SINGERS

The female backup singer for Clay's Tonight Show performance was Quiana Parler, a 23 year old singer from Charleston, SC.  She was the singer that was chosen at the original AI2 audition in Charlotte (when Clay first auditioned) to advance to Atlanta.  Evidently, Clay has kept in touch with her, and chose her to be one of his backup singers on his tour.

She was one of the last contestants cut in  AI2 before the show narrowed its field to the final 32 contestants.

The male backup singer is Jacob Luttrell, from Fresno, CA.  He auditioned  for AI last year but wasn't chosen.

They will be the backup singers for Clay and Kelly on the tour.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2004, 06:21:50 PM »

Clay was interviewed today on Orlando radio station XL106.7 FM.  Here is a recap.  Thanks to SandiNapa at RHT for the write up!

Kid Cruz congratulated him for being on time - said that most celebrity interviews were at least 20 minutes late. Clay said that they liked to keep things on schedule.

Kid received an email from a Clay fan. She wasn't asking for anything, just wanted to say that she was an older fan and Clay had her watching MTV and listening to radio stations that she had never listed to for a long time. Clay said that he thought that was cool and that was part of what made his job so much fun.

He was asked who's idea the joint tour was. Kid said that he thought it was a great idea. Clay said that originally they were both going to do solo tours, but someone proposed that they do a joint tour and do larger venues. The only hesitation for both of them was that they didn't want it to be seen as another AI tour. The Independent name was symbolic that they were both on their own now. Really likes the name.

Alternating on headling the shows - Clay headlines in Tampa, Kelly headlines in Miami. All NC dates, Clay headlines, all TX dates, Kelly headlines.

Kid a big fan of SNL. Congratulated Clay on appearing as a musical guest. Clay said he is really excited, SNL is an institution and it hadn't quite sunk in yet that he was actually going to be on it. Kid asked about a skit and Clay said that he was told to be prepared for a skit but doesn't know what it's going to be. He said that he thinks he can handle it. Kid said of course he could.

Kid brought up the Wheel of Fortune puzzle. Clay said that it was funny, he had gotten an email that said "Congratulations, you've been selected as a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune." Kid asked what the subject of the puzzle would be and Clay said he didn't know, opposites, buddies, celebrities. Clay said he thought they could be classified as celebrities. Kid said he would say so. Kid said they should be a big money puzzle and Clay agreed.

Asked if he was working on another CD. Clay said that they were still promoting MOAM. Said a new single out next week. Said a fan asked him about 2 CD's this year and asked if one would be a XMAS CD. Clay said slow down, he didn't even know about one album yet. He said that his concentration now is on the tour right now and slowly will start thinking about another CD.

Said he had a plane to catch and was off!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2004, 06:45:30 PM »

Clay was also interviewed (by phone) on G105 in Raleigh today.  I think I missed most of it, but here's what I got.

He said he was cleaning house.   Laughing:

The DJ asked him about Raleigh selling out for the concert.  Clay said he heard it was almost sold out; so the DJ said, no, it is sold out!
Clay said YESSSS!
His next comment was interesting, he said he understands that they are using a black curtain to make the seating capacity smaller, and that he understands there will be more seats available if it is needed.

So for all Raleigh people who didn't get tickets - stay tuned for more Raleigh tickets to come available!  I would suggest calling the RBC to express a need for more seats to be made available.  How will they know otherwise?    Wink:

He also said he had to buy his mother's ticket.  Evidently no one got
any free tickets.  He was only able to reserve a certain number of tickets before the presale.  

The DJ told him he should have demanded free tickets, and Clay said he should have but that he wasn't at that point yet.

I'll bet he is too.  :roll:
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

ANN
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 06:51:55 PM »

PAMELA--

DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANY WAY WE CAN FINE OUT WHO IS HEADLINING THE OTHER CITIES?

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 07:18:26 PM »

Quote from: GWENN
PAMELA--

DO YOU THINK THERE IS ANY WAY WE CAN FINE OUT WHO IS HEADLINING THE OTHER CITIES?

GWENN

I don't know Gwenn; I'll ask Suzanne at the Fan Club if she knows.
I'll mark the headlining concerts in the concert thread.
cjrmax
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

Pamela,

I have a question - just what is meant by "headlining"?  Does it mean the non-headliner sings less songs?  Does it mean the non-headliner opens for the headliner but the headliner sings most of the show?  I keep thinking if in one show Clay is the non-headliner and opens and then he's done and his fans leave, Kelly will sing to a half empty (or more than half empty) house! And vice versa in some places.  It just seems to me that unless "headlining" means who sings first or something like that, that unless they split the show pretty evenly, there will be a lot of disappointed fans. I like Kelly ok, but I didn't pay the money to see mostly her and will be very disappointed if that's the case here in Philly.

Someone in the know needs to define "headlining"!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx