gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:30:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 277
Total: 277

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 19  (Read 3778 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 19, 2004, 06:58:54 AM »

Good Monday morning to you all!  

Today's words of wisdom:

"To know is nothing at all; to imagine is everything."
-Anatole France Thibault

Let's imagine it's going to be a great week...  Wink:

Here's some news:

SOME GOOD NEWS!

Clay's fan club website, located HERE should be up and running before the concert tour starts!  

The ANOROC AGENCY has been contracted to complete the design and implementation of the website.  They are the same firm that designed and created the beautiful site for the BAF.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 07:06:28 AM »

IDOL ISN'T IDLE

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Billboard) - The "American Idol" franchise continues, with an upcoming co-headlining tour by 2002 winner Kelly Clarkson (news) and 2003 runner-up Clay Aiken.

The Clarkson/Aiken tour will play cut-down arenas, beginning Feb. 24 at the Charlotte (N.C.) Coliseum and running through April 16. Venue capacity will be reduced, typically through curtaining systems, with the ability to expand if ticket sales warrant.

The entire route of about 30 shows is expected to be announced Monday (Jan. 19), the same day a third edition of the popular "American Idol" TV series begins on Fox.

Meanwhile, 2003 "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard will embark on his own headlining tour in March or April.

The first American Idols tour in 2002, featuring the 10 finalists, grossed $8.1 million and drew 258,526 to 30 shows, according to Billboard Boxscore.

The 2003 tour nearly doubled that take, at slightly less than $16 million and attendance of 411,005 from 41 shows.

The promoter for the Clarkson/Aiken tour, which goes on sale Jan. 24, is AEG Live. A third American Idols tour is planned for this summer, likely to start in July.

Reuters/Billboard

YAHOO LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 07:09:20 AM »

Red Hot Topic recently held a chat with AI Musical Director Michael Orland.

The transcript of the chat is located HERE.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 07:14:32 AM »

AMERICAN IDOL JUDGE DELIVERS THE UGLY TRUTH

By BILL BRIOUX, Sun Media

HOLLYWOOD -- Don't just sing pretty, look pretty. That's the word from Simon Cowell, the bitchy Brit judge and American Idol's greatest headline grabber.

(snip)

Last time out, beefy teddy bear Ruben Studdard edged Alfred E. Newman-clone Clay Aiken. The two may have turned American Idol into Average Joe Idol.

"Clay Aiken has changed this show forever," said Cowell, who imitated for critics how last year's runner-up would grab other contestants' hands and swoon before every vote.

Judge Randy Jackson, who looks like he's lost weight, said Aiken should be given credit for spiffing up his image since the series ended. After all, he's currently outselling Studdard in the record stores.

"Clay has had the Ryan Seacrest makeover," cracked Jackson, taking a shot at Idol's over-styled host.

OTTAWA SUN

Are they saying the only reason Clay has done so well is because of he 'spiffed up' his image?  That's just so amazingly misinformed I don't even know what to say about it.  So I won't say anything.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 07:20:35 AM »

Several people have asked about the availability of Clay t-shirts to wear to the concerts:

CLAYMANIACS T SHIRTS

CLAY T SHIRTS

BAF T SHIRTS

Tell them Claymaniacs sent you!

Also, the Claygirls are in the process of gathering information for their own shirt.   Wink:  See the Got Clay forum for a link.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 09:20:43 AM »

'IDOL' CHATTER - THE MEAN JUDGE DISPLAYS TALENT OF HIS OWN

By ALAN PERGAMENT
News TV Critic
1/19/2004  

HOLLYWOOD - Simon Cowell can do a pretty mean imitation of last year's "American Idol" runner-up, Clay Aiken. Of course, just about everything that Cowell does is pretty mean.

During a press session for the third "American Idol" (8 tonight, Tuesday and Wednesday, WUTV), the British judge sat on a couch pretending that he was Aiken waiting to hear if he was going to be voted off the singing competition.

Cowell playfully clutched the hands of his two fellow judges, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson, and pretended that he wasn't sure he would make the next round as host Ryan Seacrest read the results. Then he slumped back in relief as if the results were announced.

"He knew he would get through," said Cowell. "I loved it all that because I think it's hilarious."

Cowell's imitation was part of his celebration of Aiken's behavior on "Idol."

"I think Clay has changed this competition forever," said Cowell. "It's becoming incredibly personality-led now, inevitably."

Cowell believes Aiken and the first winner, Kelly Clarkson, had much in common.

"They are both incredibly media savvy and they both understood their post-interview and the expressions and the clutching (was important)," said Cowell.

Not that that there was anything wrong with that.

"I admire him for what he did," Cowell said after the press conference. "If you asked me the No. 1 criteria for being a pop star today, it is ambition and determination. And I used Beyonce as an example. If you look at Beyonce's eyes, you will see a cold, steely determination. And I think you have to have that. So it is a compliment."

It turned out Aiken won even when he lost last season. He released his album before the actual winner, Ruben Studdard, and it paid off with handsome sales. And it isn't often the words handsome and Aiken are used in the same sentence. The winner of the recent "World Idol" competition wasn't exactly Justin Timberlake or Nick Lachey, either.

"He was ugly wasn't he?" said Cowell. "It just so happens that the people with the talent and the personality are ugly at the moment."

Of course, that's counter to pop history. Jackson and Cowell rattled off several current stars who look good, including Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez.

"And Madonna used to be good-looking," added the cruel Cowell.

"Simon was saying, "we've got to pick some really good-looking kids this time to get back to what people look up to as a pop star," said Abdul. "But there were women who faint for Clay Aiken."

"He had the Ryan Seacrest makeover," added Jackson.

The show - Fox's biggest hit last season - doesn't need much of a makeover. It still begins by showing how badly most of the 70,000 who auditioned can sing. Producer Ken Warwick said enlivening the middle portion of the series when the final 32 are paired to 12 is one goal.

"We're still only going to find two good people," said Cowell. "That is the horrible statistic."

It isn't easy sitting through 120 singers daily mangle "It's a Whole New World" in the auditions, but Cowell understands the attraction to viewers.

"I wouldn't watch the show unless there were loads of bad people," said Cowell. "When you hold a public audition, 95 percent who turn up are useless."

After a year in which two men battled to be the "Idol" at the end, the judges expect things to different this time around. "To me," said Jackson, "the girls are better than the boys."

That's not to suggest there are a lot of Britneys, Beyonces or J-Lo's out there.

"Everybody wants to be something they are not and they think they are way better than they are," said Jackson.

It is a whole new world this season for Fox, which has had a very tough year and desperately needs "Idol" to be as successful as it has been the first two times around.

On Wednesday, the third day, it competes opposite Donald Trump's new reality hit, "The Apprentice," in which 16 ambitious people try to win a $250,000 job with the billionaire developer. Cowell isn't pretending to be as worried as Aiken was about how America will vote.

"It is more fun watching people on our show trying to sing badly rather than watching those people," said Cowell.

BUFFALO NEWS LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 09:41:34 AM »

FROM THE TRL STREET TEAM EMAIL

20 Questions With Clay Aiken!!!

Q: What is your favorite TV show?

A: The West Wing

Ah. Good choice!  The West Wing has the best writing of any other network drama, IMHO.
cjrmax
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 11:45:33 AM »

The Clarkson/Aiken tour will play cut-down arenas, beginning Feb. 24 at the Charlotte (N.C.) Coliseum and running through April 16. Venue capacity will be reduced, typically through curtaining systems, with the ability to expand if ticket sales warrant.

Any bets they will be doing a lot of expanding????  Wink:

Meanwhile, 2003 "American Idol" winner Ruben Studdard will embark on his own headlining tour in March or April.

Wonder why they think Ruben will be able to fill an arena on his own but that neither Clay or Kelly can? I'm not saying he can't, just why do they think he can but they don't think Clay or Kelly can?
Misha
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2004, 11:57:24 AM »

Any bets they will be doing a lot of expanding????

I believe you're right.  Those tickets are gonna go like hotcakes.  *chuckling*
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2004, 12:12:24 PM »

REMINDER*REMINDER*REMINDER*REMINDER

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Invisible was #1 on last weeks Top 10 chart for the WEEK!

We must continue to vote with all our heart to keep Invisible high on the chart until it's retirement!

Can we do it?  I think we can!

7 more days

Remember there is a new sticky thread in the GOT CLAY forum for all TRL discussion now!

ThanX!

You can vote on the Net or by phone (AI flashback!)
It's more effective to call in your votes if at all possible, because 1 phone call=50 online votes. Your phoned in votes count for the next day's show, and no calls are accepted on the weekends.  

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.  TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

You can vote online all day, but you can only call in 3 times a day per phone line.  

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688)
Call 30 minutes prior to the show starting!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

Go to ABSOLUTE TRL for daily recaps!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2004, 01:04:06 PM »

Nerd's The Word
The Pocket-Protector Crowd Need Hide No More: Geeks Are Hot And Here To Stay

January 19, 2004
By ROGER CATLIN, COURANT TV CRITIC

Once as stinging as a dodgeball on a bare leg flung by a guffawing jock, the words "nerd" and "geek" are now being worn with some measure of pride.

They may not be the hottest guys on the beach, but respect for ordinary schmos have risen, thanks, in part to TV, from stereotypes in "High School Reunion" to mass conventions on two seasons of "Average Joe" that will soon beget a third.

One of the most popular characters on the hot teen drama "The O.C." is the fast-talking nerd Seth Cohen, played by Adam Brody.

Clay Aiken may have won slightly fewer votes than Ruben Studdard in the final "American Idol" tally last spring, but with 2.1 million in sales, the runner-up is the better-selling recording artist of the top two. A search for a new "American Idol" begins tonight on Fox. It follows the crowning Jan. 1 of a "World Idol": Kurt Nilsen of Norway, who was told by Australian judge Ian Dickson, "You have the voice of an angel and the face of a hobbit."

CT NOW LINK (registration required)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2004, 01:11:52 PM »

M'Aiken A Difference

On behalf of KUDL radio, Hallmark Kaleidoscope, and our Kansas City event planning team, we would like to announce upcoming events in support of the Bubel / Aiken Foundation.

There will be a gala fundraising dinner for the Bubel/Aiken Foundation on April 14th, 2004, the evening prior to the Kansas City concert. Clay will be in attendance and is planning to perform. Reservations will be available soon and contributions are tax deductible.

A pre-event online auction will begin in late March or early April. Some of the items purchased in the auction will include event reservations and can be signed by Clay at the benefit dinner.

On April 15th, Clay will be joining local Kansas City children in a private session at Hallmark’s Kaleidoscope. This event will pair children with disabilities with typical peers and together they will create art projects for submission to the Foundation’s Call For Art initiative.

You can learn more about the upcoming events by visiting our website:

http://www.kcloveskids.org

More information will be posted on the website as it becomes available.

Kansas City Event Team
Leveland
SuperFan

RALEIGH'S TRAINER

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2004, 01:18:11 PM »

This so cool.  Just another reason we love The Man.  Sure would like to be a fly on the wall there.  Love Terry

A  Founding Member of Claygirls
A blessed Clay Fan
Life is one bumpy road, But all of my Claygirls make it a lot easier ride.
In memory of  CH Leveland Jedi Jewel (Dallas) the best Dog in the world.  9-19-1994 to 12-24-2007
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 01:18:15 PM »

CLAY TO BE FEATURED IN BEAUTIFUL GIRL MAGAZINE

Clay Aiken! Clay Aiken! Clay Aiken!
After all the emails we've gotten from you requesting Clay, we finally
stole him away from his busy schedule to chat with us. Check him out in the Spring 2004 issue with Nate Cole, Jimmy Wayne, the boys of Jump 5, Orlando Brown and more in "20 Hot Guys... On Fire For God!"

BEAUTIFUL GIRL

Click link to hear a message from Clay!  Quicktime player required.
Jeannette
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2004, 05:00:56 PM »

Simon will never admit he was wrong about Clay.  He has a million phony reasons for Clay's success, like clutching the other contestants waiting for a verdict.  They all did that!  And if you have seen other videos of Clay, you can see that he is a touching person -- he does it all the time!

I believe that the Clay was the real reason for the success of AI2.  It wouldn't be surprising if AI3 went back to the level of success of AI1.  There will never be another Clay!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 07:04:04 PM »

Quote from: Jeannette
Simon will never admit he was wrong about Clay.  

I voted for Clay because he was the best singer.  That's all really.  
Not because of his hair, the hand holding, his ambition, his looks, his song choices, his attitude, the fact that he was a home boy, his love for kids, his nervousness, because he was the 'underdog', or any other reason.

He sang the best, he deserved to win.

All that other stuff is just blah blah bullcrap to me.   :mrgreen:
mcraig2
SuperFan

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 07:31:41 PM »

Just curious, Pamela....is it STILL just his voice?  roflmao!!!!!

<--------check out that red leather jacket and swear on your Thud mug that it's JUST his voice....hahahaha

"Keeper of those mesmerizing green eyes."  (as long as there's no guyliner)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 08:39:16 PM »

Quote from: mcraig2
Just curious, Pamela....is it STILL just his voice?  roflmao!!!!!

<--------check out that red leather jacket and swear on your Thud mug that it's JUST his voice....hahahaha

OK Marilyn....you stop!  You stop tempting me!  
It's late and I'm weak!   Laughing:
shaikeninseattle
Enthusiastic

On My Way Here, I THUDDED!

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2004, 12:11:51 PM »

Exactly what I would have said.  Most people close their eyes when they pray after all, and he made a derogatory remark about that too. He's such a dweeb. Oh well. We know what the truth is, don't we? Simon needs to remember the childhood saying, "sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me!"

Retired, but not tired!
Clayed 16 times!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx