gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 373
Total: 373

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 17  (Read 2609 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 16, 2004, 11:21:19 PM »

Happy Saturday everyone!  Remember to do something fun this weekend. Outside!   Wink:

Today's words of wisdom:

"We are all wanderers on this earth. Our hearts are full of wonder,
And our souls are deep with dreams."   -Gypsy saying

The news, so far.

The tour is called the 'INDEPENDENT TOUR.'  A touch of irony, no?

KELLY CLARKSON AND CLAY AIKEN - DOUBLE PLATINUM STARS TO
CO-HEADLINE 30 DATES NATIONWIDE

Friday January 16, 5:13 pm ET NEW YORK, Jan. 16 /PRNewswire/

Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken, two of 2003's best selling new artists, are joining forces for their first major nationwide headlining tour set to kick off in Charlotte, NC. Called the "Independent" tour, the two RCA Music Group stars will perform in 30 cities. In keeping with their status as two of America's most talented young entertainers, Clarkson and Aiken will be alternating as headliners on the tour for which tickets go on sale January 24.Says Clarkson, who is nominated for a "Best Female Pop Vocal" Grammy this year, "I'm really pumped about touring with Clay and can't wait to get out and see all the fans." Adds Aiken, "Kelly and I are thrilled about sharing a stage for this momentous next step in both of our careers."

Both artists enjoyed phenomenal success in 2003. Spurred on by sales "A Moment Like This/Before Your Love" which earned her a Billboard Music Award for Best Selling single of 2002 and the runaway smash "Miss Independent," Kelly's RCA/19 Entertainment debut album "Thankful" entered The Billboard Top 200 album chart at number 1 last April. Clay's RCA/19 Entertainment debut "Measure Of A Man," spurred on by the success of 2003's biggest selling single "This Is The Night," achieved the same milestone by entering the Billboard Top 200 album chart at number 1 upon it's release in late October.

Raleigh, NC native Aiken, who won the Fan Choice Award at this year's American Music Awards and a Billboard Music Award for Best Selling Single of 2003, was named one of People Magazine's "Sexiest Men" and "Top Entertainers Of The Year." He has earned cover stories in Rolling Stone (who named him one of the magazine's People Of The Year), Entertainment Weekly (who picked Clay as one of the twenty-five "Entertainers Of The Year") and TV Guide (whose readers voted him Favorite Reality Star of 2003). Clay has also been featured in Time Magazine, Elle Magazine, Teen People, and Newsweek.

Burleson, TX born Clarkson has graced the cover of such magazines as Marie Claire, TV Guide, Entertainment Weekly, US Weekly, YM, and Seventeen. Cosmopolitan Magazine named her one of their "Fun, Fearless Females of 2003" while People magazine named her one of their "25 Most Intriguing People." Clarkson, whose current single is "The Trouble With Love Is" (featured in the hit movie "Love Actually") had her first DVD "Miss Independent" released by RCA/19 Entertainment in November of 2003. The intimate behind the scenes DVD includes never before seen live tour and TV performances and the complete collection of her videos ("A Moment Like This," "Before Your Love," "Miss Independent," and "Low").

Both Aiken and Clarkson have had several major US television appearances including "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with David Letterman," "Oprah Winfrey," "Good Morning America," "Live with Regis and Kelly," and "The View." Both "Measure of A Man" and "Thankful" have sold over two million copies each in the US alone, and each album has garnered major critical acclaim and rave reviews throughout the world. Due to their massive, loyal fan bases, the joint nationwide "Independent" tour promises to be one of 2004's most anticipated musical events.

YAHOO LINK
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 11:24:54 PM »

LISTEN TO RECORD EXECUTIVE SIMON COWELL

Cowell is one of the judges on the talent show American Idol, a spin-off of the show he co-created in Britain, Pop Idol. The show has made him famous for his brutally frank criticism. Cowell has spent 25 years in the music industry, and is currently with BMG. His new book is Simon Cowell: I Don't Mean to Be Rude, But...

FRESH AIR LINK

Here is what Simon said about the contracts Clay and Ruben signed:  
The contracts are similar in duration - between 3-7 years or up to 5 albums, depending on the companies' interest in exercising options.
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 11:26:18 PM »

TRL TOP 10 WEEK ENDING JANUARY 16

1.  INVISIBLE

Sleep through last week?  Check out who ruled the countdown:

MTV TRL TOP 10

CONGRATULATIONS CLAY!   WAY TO GO CLAYMANIACS!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 11:29:10 PM »

Adult Contemporary
Clay Aiken    Invisible

Invisible is the number one song right now at RATE THE MUSIC
Claymate16
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 07:53:02 AM »

I heard Clay might be in a Coke commercial, and he will be on SNL Feburary 7! YAY!!
Misha
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 11:04:11 AM »

I heard that the SNL was just a rumor so far.  Haven't been able to confirm that one.  *L*  But if you know where its confirmed, let me know!!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 12:20:46 PM »

Quote from: Claymate16
I heard Clay might be in a Coke commercial, and he will be on SNL Feburary 7! YAY!!

I heard Pepsi and February 7 or February 14.   :roll:  

I also heard about an appearance on Sesame Street and a new cover story in a magazine for people with disabilities.  People with time - there is a message board for SNL attached to the NBC website.  Predictions are there.  Also the magazine is called 'Ability.'  There is a website.  I'm on a computer in a library right now as I wait to meet a friend to see a movie.
If anyone is up for some sleuthing, go for it!

The Grapevine!  You gotta love it.   8)
houstonclayfan
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:00:07 PM »

I went to Sam Goody this morning and there is a wall dedicated to the "Essential Albums To Have".  MOAM was #2  :P   out of 20.  There was a big poster of each artist on the wall, with their CDs underneath them.  No, I didnt steal the poster (I so wish I had the mentality of a  criminal)  Wink:
patti
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 09:05:32 PM »

I am watching SNL - they just announced that Clay will be the musical guest on Feb 7
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 11:41:26 PM »

Quote from: patti
I am watching SNL - they just announced that Clay will be the musical guest on Feb 7

Thanks for the confirmation patti!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx