gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:29:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 271
Total: 271

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JANUARY 16  (Read 2422 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: January 16, 2004, 06:46:58 AM »

TGIF!

We blasted (or stumbled) our way through another one.  I honestly am going to stop rushing the weeks though; they surely pass quickly enough on their own.  Which brings me to today's deep thought:

"Remember the sweet childish days, that were as long as twenty days are now."  - Wordsworth

Clay's quote by Jonathan Swift to 'live each day of your life' is another good one to keep us from rushing through our days.  The only problem is that we don't always have time to live, what with all our work schedules, kid's schedules, church and civic commitments, family obligations and that pesky need to sleep.  So let's all promise ourselves we'll do at least one FUN thing this weekend.  Or more!

OK, how about some news?  Here's a compliment, I think...at least of the backhanded variety.  

ALBUM REPORT CARD; SOME HITS, A FEW MISSES

Clay Aiken, Measure of a Man (Oct. 14). Opened at No. 1 with 613,000 copies; currently No. 22; sales of 2.1 million in 12 weeks. The dweeby American Idol runner-up failed to seduce radio but didn't need to: After months of breathless Internet chatter, legions of swooning disciples stampeded record stores.
Edna Gundersen, USA TODAY

USA TODAY LINK

Funny, I don't feel like a swooning disciple.   Laughing:
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 06:58:37 AM »

CLAY AIKEN AND KELLY CLARKSON WILL TOUR TOGETHER

Kelly Clarkson may have only finished second in the recent ''World Idol'' contest, but her popularity here at home shows no sign of slowing down. She and fellow ''American Idol'' star Clay Aiken are about to launch a joint headlining tour, reps for both singers announced Tuesday. Dates and venues for the tour, which will hit about 30 cities starting in late February, will be announced later this week. ''We are thrilled about sharing the stage for this momentous next step in both of our careers,'' Aiken said in a statement.

Like Clarkson, Aiken is plenty busy; he's currently in the process of picking a director for the video of ''The Way,'' his next single, MTV News reports. Don't expect him to emulate Clarkson's disastrous foray into movie acting, however. ''I'm not much of an actor. I don't know, we'll see,'' the North Carolina native told MTV. (As a kid, he did star in a stage production of ''The Sound of Music'' with fellow Tarheel Frankie Muniz.) ''Maybe I need to take a class or two first.'' He also says he's not planning to return to reality television, like some celebs -- unless there's a celebrity edition of ''The Amazing Race.'' ''Sign me up,'' he says of that show, the reality contest he almost entered until a friend talked him into auditioning for ''Idol'' instead. Other than ''Race'' and ''Idol,'' he tells MTV, ''I'm not a real big reality show fan. Now, I guess I'm kind of a product of a reality show, so I shouldn't be saying that.''
-Gary Susman, Entertainment Weekly

AOL LINK (must be AOL subscriber)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 07:05:20 AM »

REMINDER  

Clay will be featured tonight on the Noggin (N) Channel's program Real Access.  

About: (#003)
Features Jessica Biel, Raven and Clay Aiken.

About Real Access

The first and only interactive entertainment news magazine for teens. Created by the producers of Access Hollywood, "Real Access" gives teens an insider's look at their favorite celebrities and grants viewers "real access" to ask their most burning questions via The N's "Real Access" fan site. The new half-hour series will be hosted by actress / singer / songwriter Lauren Mayhew.

About NOG/N: NOGGIN / The N

NOGGIN / "The N," owned by Nickelodeon, currently reaches 34 million households via cable, digital cable and satellite. With two distinct program blocks, NOGGIN for preschoolers and "The N" for teens -- the network helps kids to figure out their lives with educational media on-air and online (www.noggin.com and www.the-n.com).

CLAY TV
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 07:09:12 AM »

So let's all promise ourselves we'll do at least one FUN thing this weekend. Or more!

But coming here IS what I do for fun!  :D

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 11:27:00 AM »

Since it's a slow news day, just a reminder that all the upcoming tour dates are posted HERE in the Clay in Concert forum.

Please use the concert forum to plan your meet and greets; but remember to not post any personal information such as home addresses or phone numbers.  Use email or PM for that.  You can post information about hotels, restaurants etc when planning your concert experiences.

Don't forget - tickets go on sale January 24th!
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 11:30:39 AM »

REMINDER*REMINDER*REMINDER*REMINDER

VOTE FOR INVISIBLE ON TRL!

Invisible was #1 on Friday!  Invisible was #1 on Monday! Invisible was #1 on Tuesday!  Invisible was #2 on Wednesday. (Still good!) Invisible was #1 on Thursday!  Again!  Incredible!

Britney's new video for Toxxic debuted this week.  shock:  Her fans are formidable and organized, so we must continue to vote with all our heart to keep Invisible high on the chart until it's retirement!

8 more days

Remember there is a new sticky thread in the GOT CLAY forum for all TRL discussion now!

ThanX!

You can vote on the Net or by phone (AI flashback!)
It's more effective to call in your votes if at all possible, because 1 phone call=50 online votes. Your phoned in votes count for the next day's show, and no calls are accepted on the weekends.  

You can only call in thirty minutes prior to the show.  TRL starts at 5pm EST, so that means you can call from 4:30pm-5pm EST, and then adjust for your time zone.

You can vote online all day, but you can only call in 3 times a day per phone line.  

The phone number is 1-800-DIAL-MTV (1-800-342-5688)
Call 30 minutes prior to the show starting!

To vote online, go to TRL VOTE.
Vote online all day!

Go to ABSOLUTE TRL for daily recaps!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx