gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:22:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 283
Total: 283

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE SOAP BOX - GET YOUR RANT ON!  (Read 138885 times)
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #2140 on: April 27, 2005, 01:20:44 PM »

MEETINGS ARE STUPID.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
« Reply #2141 on: April 27, 2005, 01:37:54 PM »

Quote from: GWENN
MEETINGS ARE STUPID.

GWENN

Colonoscopies are gross.
claydevotee
« Reply #2142 on: April 27, 2005, 01:40:10 PM »

HER and PHILLY:

I'm beginning to think these "fan club presales" are worthless except for the very few lucky ones who are able to get through.  Sorry you had problems today...
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #2143 on: April 27, 2005, 02:07:34 PM »

It seems to me, this was the hardest pre-sale yet. Looks like almost everyone didn't get past that dreaded red writing.  There was an error message right before it said "sold out."  I have a feeling there were few  seats available through this pre-sale.  Hopefully, everyone will have a better chance of getting tickets Saturday.
cjrmax
« Reply #2144 on: April 27, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »

Lorrie, I was lurking at the Clayboard and it seems quite a few of them did pretty well with AC and Cary!  Nowhere else does that seem to be the case.  This was EXACTLY like Wolf Trap for me.  Absolutely NOTHING during the presale, but I did pretty well at the general sale.  Of course, that wasn't Ticketbastard..........  

Its all a matter of luck - and I rarely have ANY of that!
Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #2145 on: April 27, 2005, 02:56:31 PM »

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT IF THIS TICKET CRAP KEEPS UP  IT WILL DISCOURAGE FANSAND SOME MAY STOP TRYING, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING WITH ANY OTHER ARTIST I AM SURE IT HAS BUT DO NOT REMEMBER WHEN MAYBE ELVIS. LOL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
claydevotee
« Reply #2146 on: April 27, 2005, 03:13:36 PM »

Hopefully, everyone will have a better chance of getting tickets Saturday.

LORRIE, not to be the proverbial voice of doom, but don't count on that.  I'm basing this on my experiences with both the Indy State Fair and Merrillville general sales.   Hope you have better luck than I have had...I now officially throw myself and my Midwest buddies at the mercy of eBay and the    ticket brokers.......
Her
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S #1 FRECKLE LOVER

« Reply #2147 on: April 27, 2005, 03:35:25 PM »

Thanks Clandy...I've emailed them....I'll let you know what they say

Just got the reply
Hello,

Thank you for choosing Musictoday ticketing.  We have sold our entire allotment of tickets to this show and do not expect to be selling any more in the future. However this does not mean the whole show is sold out and you should check with Ticketmaster or the venue for ticket availability.
If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to contact us.
DUUUHHHH :duh

Official Charter Member of the OCD

He is the beloved singing teddy bear placed near a young girl's flouncy canopied bed.

clayMaine-iac
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Clay's Maine Squeeze

« Reply #2148 on: April 27, 2005, 05:59:29 PM »

I feel bad for any Clay fan that has trouble getting tickets.

I don't think I will be able to attend any concerts this summer at the rate things are shaping up.

I am trying to decide which is worse:

Not having a concert near enough to attend (and not being able to get enough time off from work to travel far away) or trying to get tickets to a concert.

Neither option is great!! argh!  argh!  argh!

Clay "is" the "News"
When Words Fail--Let Music Speak
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #2149 on: April 27, 2005, 10:54:21 PM »

cjrmax wrote:
Lorrie, I was lurking at the Clayboard and it seems quite a few of them did pretty well with AC and Cary!

:hmm Wonder how that happened?

Claydevotee wrote:
LORRIE, not to be the proverbial voice of doom, but don't count on that. I'm basing this on my experiences with both the Indy State Fair and Merrillville general sales. Hope you have better luck than I have had...I now officially throw myself and my Midwest buddies at the mercy of eBay and the  ticket brokers.....

Well, I guess we'll have to see.  My concern is that with so many people trying for tickets for everyone, we will end up with none, or way too many!!! I know, everyone's thinking... way too many is better than none!!  But, with tickets at $95.00 a pop plus fees, that could be a lot of money.
Marilyn
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE EPITOME OF DECORUM

« Reply #2150 on: April 28, 2005, 06:41:22 AM »

Quote from: LuvMyClay

Well, I guess we'll have to see.  My concern is that with so many people trying for tickets for everyone, we will end up with none, or way too many!!! I know, everyone's thinking... way too many is better than none!!  But, with tickets at $95.00 a pop plus fees, that could be a lot of money.

WELL, THE GOOD THING ABOUT HAVING TOO MANY IS THAT YOU WILL HAVE A PLETHORA OF REQUESTS TO PURCHASE YOUR EXTRA TICKETS. I DONT THINK ANYONE WILL BE LEFT HOLDING SPARE TICKETS BECAUSE THE TOUR IS SO SHORT (AT LEAST, AT THIS TIME IT IS!!- WHO KNOWS WHATS COMING UP THE PIKE)

MY RANT IS THAT AMERICAN IDOL IS TURNING INTO A JOKE- ALL THE MORE TALENTED PEOPLE ARE BEING VOTED OFF- NADIA, NOW CONSTANTINE--AND YOU HAVE TO WONDER IF ITS THAT WEBSITE "VOTE FOR THE WORST" OR IF THE LESSER TALENTED PEOPLE (AND THIS IS MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION) TRULY DO HAVE ALL OF THOSE FANS VOTING.
MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINED THEY COULDNT GET THROUGH FOR CONSTANTINE- SO YOU WOULD THINK HE HAD A LOT OF VOTES.
ALL I KNOW IS I AM DISCOURAGED

ALWAYS AND FOREVER-UNCONDITIONALLY!!!
claydevotee
« Reply #2151 on: April 28, 2005, 07:31:29 AM »

Quote from: Marilyn

MY RANT IS THAT AMERICAN IDOL IS TURNING INTO A JOKE- ALL THE MORE TALENTED PEOPLE ARE BEING VOTED OFF- NADIA, NOW CONSTANTINE--AND YOU HAVE TO WONDER IF ITS THAT WEBSITE "VOTE FOR THE WORST" OR IF THE LESSER TALENTED PEOPLE (AND THIS IS MY OWN HUMBLE OPINION) TRULY DO HAVE ALL OF THOSE FANS VOTING.
MANY PEOPLE COMPLAINED THEY COULDNT GET THROUGH FOR CONSTANTINE- SO YOU WOULD THINK HE HAD A LOT OF VOTES.
ALL I KNOW IS I AM DISCOURAGED[/b]

MARILYN, I expressed that feeling more than once last night (in a much more... uh....vocal and verbal manner, though!)  But hubby seems to believe that Scott actually does have a legitimate fan base.  Remember the other night when he talked about there being "1,000 other guys just like him in Cleveland"???  Well, that may have truly struck a chord with a lot of people who like to consider themselves to be the hard-working "average joes" who don't get any respect or attention in this world.  And I think they may be voting for him just to make sure the "average joe" gets the respect he deserves.  Certainly not a rational basis for voting on vocal talent and star quality, but unfortunately that seems to be what could be happening.

Maddening, isn't it????
stargazer
Claymaniac

« Reply #2152 on: April 28, 2005, 07:57:26 AM »

Sorry about all the ticket problems.Still, you have hope. It's looking preety bleak for the west coast. Can't travel back east, i'm caregiver to my 83 year old mother, so....

NOW, ABOUT AI LAST NIGHT, WHAT A DISASTER.    
I DO NOT THINK SCOTT IS A REGULAR JOE.
HIS AFFECT IS FLAT.
HIS REACTIONS VERY CONTAINED.
I CAN'T IMAGINE A FAN BASE FOR HIM BUT I GUESS IT IS THERE. shocking  shocking
I INTEND TO VOTE HEAVILY NEXT WEEK FOR FONZEL.

OUT SCOTT OUT. :rant

LIKE FINE WINE CLAY IMPROVES WITH AGE
BEAUTIFUL INSIDE AND OUT
claydevotee
« Reply #2153 on: April 28, 2005, 08:23:38 AM »

I INTEND TO VOTE HEAVILY NEXT WEEK FOR FONZEL.

You do mean VONZELL, right Stargazer???? Wink

And I must disagree with you about Scott not being considered to be a "regular joe".  Have you visited the urban neighborhoods of the large Midwest cities lately???  There are definitely lots of "Scotts" walking around.  Having grown up near the industrial part of Northwest Indiana, I can attest to that....
LuvMyClay
Enthusiastic

He Makes My Day

« Reply #2154 on: April 28, 2005, 08:35:52 AM »

Ya know, I feel like a broken record here.... but..... there are people who actually like Scott.  My husband is one of them.  As I mentioned the other day, I've talked with other people who think Scott's voice is amazing.  It's all a matter of taste.
cjrmax
« Reply #2155 on: April 28, 2005, 09:21:33 AM »

I am disappointed about Constantine. He was the last one left who was at least fun to watch. I am bored with everyone else. But what boggles my mind is that he was never even in the bottom 3 and then in one week he's suddenly out of there? He had a really strong fan base and while his last performance was not great, he had given many really good ones. How could so many just jump off his bandwagon - and apparently on to Scott's! He was BAD on Tuesday - probably one of his worst performances of the entire competition -  and he wasn't even in the bottom 3???? For the first time in 4 seasons I am doubting the integrity of the voting system. How does someone who always had such a strong fan base - strong enough to have never had him in the bottom 3 before, even when he wasn't that great - suddenly get voted off, not just on be in the bottom 3 (which frankly I was expecting), but voted off while someone like Scott - who no one seems to like if you read the boards and who has continually been in the bottom 3 is not even in the bottom 3 after one of his worst performances??? Its just awfully weird. I mean, even Anthony has been the bottom 3 a lot and he did A LOT better than Scott did on Tuesday and he was in the bottom 2 while Scott sailed through??? I guess that Vote For the Worst website was working over time on Tuesday!

Perplexing. I am not willing to shout conspiracy theories from the rafters, but it is odd. If it had been a bottom two of Scott and Constantine and Constantine had been voted off I would still have been perplexed as to where his fan base went so suddenly, but it would have made more sense than his being voted off with Scott safely sitting with the top 3!

I am not all that upset about Constantine being voted off, just disappointed. But I have to say, for weeks my interest in AI has been waning and now I don't think I have the stomach to watch it. The others all bore me. I started out liking Bo because he was fresh and different, but after weeks of performances that all sound and look the same I am bored with him too. I do like Vonzell and would love to see her come out of nowhere and win this thing but that won't happen.  The only 2 I ever enjoyed watching were Nikko and Constantine - not because they had the best voices, because they didn't - but at least they were entertaining. The remaining 5 just bore me to tears so I doubt I will even watch anymore -unless Clay is singing, of course!
LadyC
Adults
Enthusiastic

I heart the tabloid media.

« Reply #2156 on: April 28, 2005, 09:49:25 AM »

Quote from: cjrmax
I am disappointed about Constantine. He was the last one left who was at least fun to watch. I am bored with everyone else. But what boggles my mind is that he was never even in the bottom 3 and then in one week he's suddenly out of there? He had a really strong fan base and while his last performance was not great, he had given many really good ones. How could so many just jump off his bandwagon - and apparently on to Scott's! He was BAD on Tuesday - probably one of his worst performances of the entire competition -  and he wasn't even in the bottom 3????

I had the very same question.  It just doesn't make sense.  It's hard not to be suspicious.  There's no logic here whatsoever.  It's just bizarre.

Aunt Em,
Hate you.  Hate Kansas.  Taking the dog.
~Dorothy

Franny
Claylicious

« Reply #2157 on: April 28, 2005, 11:24:24 AM »

Constantine was not my favorite but he has a lot of fans who love the energy and sex appeal that he puts into his performances. And he was dynamic on AI 4. The reactions in the audience ranged from booing to disbelief as how this could of happened, his being booted off? I think that it's a valid reaction to an unexpected outcome

Yet, it appears that Scott has touched the hearts of middle-class America, the working man who doesn't usually get a chance to get ahead and is constantly being reminded of this if he watches any television at all. To many, Scott is the average Joe, the one who won't get the promotion or the raise and for once they would like to see the average Joe win. I have no illfeeling towards Scott, but wouldn't it be something if an underdog actually did win.

I'm just afraid that it will all boomerang in their faces and Scott could be hurt. Constantine, will survive and he will pick up the pieces and come out of this a winner, but there are so many unanswered questions when it comes to Scott's survivability.

If your or my idea of the next idea of American Idol is not Scott  then we have to make every effort to vote for our favorite, I was complacent last week, luckily my choice survived but it doesn't usually happen by chance.
Complacently cannot be an option.

"The Keeper of Clay's Magic"
Just a little of "Clay to start my day" brings the sunshine, even along with the rain... It makes all the difference in the world.
I call it Clay's magic.

Prayers for JJ
cjrmax
« Reply #2158 on: April 28, 2005, 12:00:21 PM »

Yet, it appears that Scott has touched the hearts of middle-class America, the working man who doesn't usually get a chance to get ahead and is constantly being reminded of this if he watches any television at all. To many, Scott is the average Joe, the one who won't get the promotion or the raise and for once they would like to see the average Joe win.

If the various message boards are any indication, this is not what the majority seem to think.  I seldom see anyone say they really like Scott.  Most seem to hate him! Now message boards are hardly a scientific poll, but still.............

I have a feeling that the Vote for the Worst campaign is getting more and more popular and powerful.  That kind of thing can become almost cult-like in popularity.  It could even find itself becoming popular with those who don't watch AI - just as a diss to a show they think is stupid and beneath them.  I can see a "movement" such as this being very, very big on college campuses where many would love to do something like this to a show that is so very uncool in their minds.  I can see it now - thousands and thousands of college kids across America laughing their heads off as the call and text in their votes for that "fat, scary guy"!  Think about it!  Its just the type of thing to really take on a life of its own.

And they just may be successful in doing what most of us believe is the impossible - having Scott Savol become the next American Idol!  eek!
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #2159 on: April 28, 2005, 12:07:34 PM »

I don't believe that Scott suddenly touched millions of viewers, or that a majority of fans of one contestant all of a sudden decided to jump ship and support someone else. Nor am I "shouting conspiracy theories." I just don't think that the order of elimination from The Final Twelve down to The American Idol is determined solely by audience members calling in their opinions.

I think there's probably too much money, politics, and ego involved in all that AI has become for The Powers That Be to allow their baby's course to be dictated by the viewing public.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx