gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:01:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AWARDS & GRANTS TO HONOR THE BUBEL/AIKEN FOUNDATION  (Read 5688 times)
Pamela
Assistant Webmaster
Enthusiastic

« on: December 16, 2003, 09:04:59 PM »

Press Conference to Be Held December 20, 2003, Immediately Following Clay Aiken's Graduation From UNC Charlotte With a Degree in Special Education
Tuesday December 16, 4:49 pm ET  
The Conference Will Spotlight Awards and Grants to Augment and Honor Aiken's Achievements With The Bubel/Aiken Foundation

RALEIGH, N.C., Dec. 16 /PRNewswire/ -- The double platinum RCA recording sensation, Clay Aiken, will be breaking new ground on Saturday, December 20, when announcements from a prestigious array of public officials and executives from the private sector will highlight Aiken's achievements with his recently formed Bubel/Aiken Foundation.
The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, created by Aiken this past July to foster inclusion of children with special needs, will be forming strategic partnerships and implementing new initiatives at national and international levels.

Among the surprise announcements will be one from Senator Tom Harkin, author and sponsor of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Senator's announcement will include collaboration from Steve Culbertson, the CEO of Youth Service America.

President George Bush's Council on Service and Civic Participation, has created a new volunteer recognition program for the Foundation. A special award and exciting announcement will be part of the message delivered for President Bush by Barbara Taylor, Director of Public Affairs and the Executive Director of the President's Council on Service and Civic Participation.

Sam Fowler with Krispy Kreme will disclose details about the collaboration of the NC business sensation with Aiken's Foundation for the launch of a worldwide initiative. MBNA, an international company that believes in the power of a diverse workforce and equal opportunities for all, will be announcing their own platinum partnership with TBAF to help underwrite the Foundation's mission for full integration of special needs children with their typical peers.

YAHOO LINK
caramel131
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 06:14:31 AM »

Clay has the midas touch.  Everything he touches turns to gold.  OMC is taking the world by storm.   I am so proud of him.  No public figure has ever held my admiration before Clay.  He is truly amazing and a Godsend.
clay4me03
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 11:11:05 AM »

Clay should be very proud of himself for all of his accomplishments.  What started out as a school project turned into a dream come tru for him.  I know how important helping disabled children is to him and this must be so wonderful for him.  I am proud to be a fan of such a great person.  If he ever needs volunteers in Missouri, I will be here to help.  Clay, congratulations!  May ALL your dreams come true!

Jacki S.
ANGELA
Enthusiastic

A FAN FROM MASSACHUSETTS SUPPORTING CLAY 110%

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 02:17:49 PM »

I GOT GOOSE BUMPS WHEN I READ THAT.  I AM SO PROUD OF HIM.  I HOPE GOD CONTINUES TO BLESS HIM WITH SUCSESS & HAPPINESS TO CONTINUE HIS  GOOD WORK.

"BE HAPPY,TRY YOUR BEST & LET GOD TAKE CARE OF THE REST"
"LIZ, JULIE, JJ & CAROL OUR 4 SHINING ANGELS" "SUPPORTING CLAY 110% SINCE DAY ONE"    "
Gwyneth
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 04:45:24 PM »

Count me in.  I'm busting with pride, but I'm not surprised.  I just expected this a bit later, that's all.  Now is just great!  

It's 40 yrs tomorrow since 2 paralytic diseases at the same time left me on wheels at the age of 16. Somehow, with the best of help from my mother, full use of my arms, and a loving hubby, it hasn't really affected me that much.  I've managed to live fully and freely enough.

I've met, interviewed and written about many, however, who've known little but hardship, including youngsters of 23 and 24 living in a filthy nursing home that was hard to go into, the smell was so horrible, and others who had no movement at all.  I think I'll be thinking of them tomorrow.

And God bless Clay for caring so deeply for those whose lives have not and will not have much chance for the happiness I've been so fortunate to find.
clayadmirer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 07:16:40 PM »

I am so proud of him! What an honor and accomplishment. Wow!! I'm so thankful that he's being publicly recognized - no one deserves it more!

Way to go, Clay! :D  :D
allforclay
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2003, 12:28:38 AM »

WOW, what incredible news, so quickly into the setup of this foundation, and Clay's career. Everything is coming together quickly for him.
It's so awesome. I can feel God smiling at him and what he's been able to do.
What a DREAMBUILDER he has become.
THANK YOU GOD for the privilege to watch this happen from the sidelines. It's so incredible!
And this journey is just beginning!!!!! There is much more to come.
We LOVE YOU CLAY AND ALL THAT YOU STAND FOR, your MAGNIFICENT VOICE IS BEING HEARD IN MANY WAYS!!!!!!
GOD BLESS AND KEEP YOU!  Have a HAPPY GRADUATION DAY!!!!!!!
 :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
Claymate16
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 06:16:38 AM »

Wow, me and my aunt sent a letter to the Bubel/Aiken Foundation, asking them if they wanted to partner up with our foundation... This is so exciteing!!
1bulldog530 clay
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 10:21:01 AM »

CONGRATS CLAY......................... You have made us so proud to be a true claymaniac. Your labor of love blesses the hearts of children everywhere. Determination and hard work makes you who you are today.............. Thank-You for giving us a very special gift, YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sjmcdona
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 10:43:15 AM »

This is truly an amazing accomplishment from an amazing man. When I think of Clay's formative years and all the trauma and heartache he must have endured, to see the man he is today is truly a blessing. Clay has one of the purest, compassionate, loving hearts I have ever seen, and like others have said, God and the angels are smiling on him today! :D
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx