gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 383
Total: 383

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136326 times)
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« on: March 15, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »

Please use this thread to discuss the recent news about the hacking of our website and the move we will have to make to new software.

Thanks,

Michael

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:59:04 PM »

Michael, wasn't aware that we were hacked into, where was this posted please. I have obviously missed something.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
quynn
UltimateFan

Nobody Special

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »

It's posted on our Home Page, Sharon. 

"You're a mystery. You have your own look. There is something very magical about your look and your voice is so pure." --Gladys Knight--
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:06:55 PM »

It's posted on our Home Page, Sharon. 

Thanks Jill

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Pepe
Enthusiastic

PEPPY CHEF

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »

This is unbelievably sad.  I can't stand the thought of losing all the information we have in Claymaniacs.  The births and deaths of loved ones and all the memories written in word over almost seven years .   How horrible. 

Beautiful Memories of Beautiful Lives!  Remembering:
Liz, Julie, JJ, Carol, YDebi, Janet, Kris
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:29:41 PM »

Wow. How terribly sad.

I know next to nothing about web site management, but is there a way to save the threads/posts/etc. to a computer? Burn to a CD or something? That way they wouldn't be lost forever - they just wouldn't be a part of ClayManiacs' online presence.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:16:54 PM »

This is a shame, but unfortunately things like this have become a common occurence in our society.  We will simply have to salvage what memories we can and move on.  Such is life.  I am sad, but I know we will be fine come what may.

Michael, thanks for explaining this to us so clearly.  Speaking for myself, when it comes to computer issues, I need to have things explained to me in the plainest and simplest of terms.  Laughing

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
cl4clay
Enthusiastic

CLAY'S FAVORITE COOKIE CHEF

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 05:18:40 PM »

Michael - will we have a new name. will you let us know the exact date we will be moving and where we will be moving to. can you send e-mails to all of us.

CLAY'S PASTRY CHEF
Julie,JJ and Liz - Our OCD guardian angels
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 05:22:42 PM »

I PAID A DONATION WITH MY PAY PAL ACOUPLE WEEKS AGO IT CAME THROUGH TODAY, COULD THE HACKER GET INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT. ITS SCARY I THINK I WILL MAYBE CANCEL MY PAY PAL.

GLORY, you bring up a very good point about PayPal accounts possibly being hacked into.  Yikes!  I'm glad I used a check to  make a donation this time.    Paranoid

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »

P.S.  I am going to keep a very close watch on my credit card, checking and PayPal accounts in light of this new security problem.  It only takes about 10 minutes a day to check every day.

WilsonClaymate
UltimateFan

The way you make me feel

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

Michael - I don't even pretend to understand things that go on behind the scene of a website and it is a shame to lose so much information, but I trust that you will do what is necessary to protect us and make sure we have a new home.

Clay is at a new beginning in his career and it looks like we will have a new home to take us along for the ride.

"For me he's not a hobby, he's not an obsession, he's a joy, something that makes me happy..."      ~cc777

I couldn't have said it better myself
Barbara
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 05:40:48 PM »

This is such a shame - I will keep a watch on my PayPal account, also, because that is how I made my donation. I know you can print favorite threads (I printed both threads when I won my meet and greet - before and after my M &G). You can also copy and paste things that mean a lot to you to your own computer.  Glad we have a little time to copy birthdays, email addresses, etc. We will lose a lot, but at least we have the memories..................

EDIT - I just thought about the ANNs - I thought they would always be there in case anyone wanted to look back on Clay's career - it is sad that all of that hard work will be lost.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 05:43:56 PM »

I think many of us used paypal to send a donation in to the site, right around Feb 13th, that  concerns me as I did also. Michael, any thoughts??

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »

Sharon - I have paid for some things thru PayPal since my Claymaniacs donation, and, so far, no problems with my account - maybe we all need to contact PayPal about out concerns??? I will wiat to see what Michael thinks.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 06:12:23 PM »

I do not use paypal, but always send a check,  For those of you that do, I hope you have no problems.

I have been busy all evening copying some things I want to save.  I just copied all of the birthday poems  (144) I wrote in 2004-2005.  Also, my vacation threads and some of my reviews and pictures of Clay concerts.  It's hard to save everything, but I am going to try to save things I want to remember.

Hopefully, it will all be for naught and everything will go on as usual!  Fingers Crossed

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
Michael
Administrator
Claycrazy

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

Paypal is very safe and I still use it to this day.  My only suggestion would be to change your paypal password and keep an eye on your CC info.

Michael

America has problems,  America is NOT the problem.
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 06:22:13 PM »

Paypal is very safe and I still use it to this day.  My only suggestion would be to change your paypal password and keep an eye on your CC info.

Michael

Good advice, MICHAEL.  I have already checked my accounts (hubby does that, as well, every morning.)  That's the best defense, IMO.  Also I may call our major credit card companies to inform them of potential problems.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 06:49:54 PM »

Our paypal account is a private account and not attached to the site I don't believe. The email account used is not a claymaniacs.com email. Things should be fine. I use Paypal all the time and haven't had any problems. But with anything you do on the internet you should always pay attention to what is going on and report any discrepancies. I check mine all the time.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 07:07:45 PM »

Thank you Michael and Michelle  Huggles Huggles I hate that this has happened - you both work so hard, and it is very much appreciated.

Glory
Enthusiastic

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »

I CONTACTED PAYPAL THEY WOULD NOT CLOSE MY ACCOUNT SAID I HAD A OUTSTANDING ORDER, TURNS OUT I GOT A REFUND AND I DID NOT PUT IT BACK IN MY ACCOUNT. SHE ASSURED ME IT WAS VERY SAFE.BUT I AM STILL KINDA SHAKY ABOUT IT. I LIKE USING IT ITS SO CONVEINENT BUT I DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING ANYMORE. I CHECKED MY BANK ACCOUNT I COULD NOT GET INTO IT SCARED ME TO DEATH. 5 MINUTES LATER I TRIED AGAIN IT WAS OK. TALK ABOUT COINCIDENCES,

I CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR A COUPLE DAYS NEXT TIME I WILLL WRITE A CHECK JUST TO BE SAFE. AND ALSO CLOSE MY PAYPAL.PERHAPS

MICHEAL THANK YOU FOR TRYING TO GET THIS MESS STRAIGHTENED OUT I JUST HOPE WE DO NOT LOSE THE PAST 7 YEARS THAT WOULD BE A SHAME. THANK YOU MICHEL

A LITTLE LAUGHTER, A LITTLE SNARK, A LOT OF COMPASSION MAKES UP MY CLAYS HEART.
THINKING OF JULIE,JJ,LIZ, CAORL OUR OCD ANGELS
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx