gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The future of Claymaniacs.com  (Read 136320 times)
ClayObsessed
Claycrazy

« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2010, 07:57:32 PM »

I have started on saving the Clay In Magazines thread.
10 down and 54 to go.  Wish I could have started sooner. 

I didn't see anyone else doing it, so...hope I am not stepping on anyone else's
toes

shirl

Update :  SAVED all of Clay In Magazines thread

Took about an hour and a half to save all 64 pages of the thread.   
Much longer than necessary.  But reading some of those old posts
brought back such great memories of his days in the sun of the
magazines.  It just wasn't possible to resist. 

I'm not sure what to do next.  So if anyone wants some help, please let know.

shirl

HEAVEN has arrived at the Joyful Noise 2005 Tour Nov 8th
I kissed Clay's cheek
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »

Shirl -  Huggles and  Purple Banana

ANN Update - Saved Through September 30, 2007 - on Page 28.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2010, 07:52:18 AM »

SHIRL!!!!   Huggles  It's so good to see you posting.  Hopefully that means you're feeling better and looking forward to maybe attending a concert or two this summer!

I'm recopying the Pet Thread pages because I couldn't find the files when I went to look for them yesterday.      This time I will be saving them in my Documents folder.  I'm sure they're somewhere on my hard drive, but after frantically looking for them with no success I decided "better safe than sorry". 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2010, 10:03:23 AM »

Thea - Shirl is feeling good, and is going to see Clay in Reno!  Purple Banana I am saving things to folders in My Documents - saving each year separately, in the case of the ANN.

Michelle or Michael - I've been talking to Shirl about the ANN - she suggests putting the year ahead of the date  - she thinks this will keep everything in order. l discovered several dates way out of order, because someone posted weeks after the thread was created (discovered one July date in the middle of November of the same year.) Changing the year to the front of the date  will be  a little extra work, but will be worth it if it keeps everything in the right order. What do you think? I think I will go over to the new site later to add a few dates to the ANN just to see how it will work, but I will wait for an answer to this before doing that.

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

ANN - October 1 - December 31, 2007 Copied

Update - 3:00 p.m. - January 1, 2008 - March 31, 2008 Copied

Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2010, 12:13:45 PM »

Have anyone saved the cellcerts from past concerts? I sometimes would go back and enjoy reading them again.

Thanks again for everyone's hard work. Glad it would be easy to save for the new board and looks like you have enough time to save everything. Love the new board so far. Clapping

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2010, 12:37:11 PM »

Ann Threads.

March 1st to March 21st, 2010 saved.

Frankie, I figured if I do the current 2009-2010 and meet you somewhere in the middle. I think it's the first 20 pages.

The Orginal BLPT thread.. saved

Proud owner of 2 scoops of the "Vanilla Revolution"
A Founding member of the "Claygirls"
FOR JULIE, JJ, AND LIZ, CAROL, KRIS,OUR CLAYMANIAC ANGELS.
PRAYERS FOR  ALLI Huggles
COME TO THE DARKSIDE, WE GOT COOKIES..Wink
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2010, 12:51:48 PM »

Ann Threads

February 1st to 28th 2010 saved.

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2010, 01:00:41 PM »

Thanks, Philly - I'm working today, but am about to take a little break - Just finished March 2008! I am on page 22. Hope to at least finish 2008 this afternoon.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »

Ann Threads

January 1st to 31st 2010 saved.

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2010, 01:13:46 PM »

Yes, Tiffany, the cellcert threads are being saved by Marilyn.

To make sure saves aren't being duplicated please check here:

List of Saved Threads

before doing anything.

As Philly is doing with Frankie, if you want to help by partnering up and starting at an "opposite end" of a thread timeline and meet someone in the middle this is a great way to get things saved.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »

Ann  Threads

December 1st to 31st, 2010

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2010, 02:00:30 PM »

Also when uploading to the new forum don't forget to include POSTER'S NAME and the ORIGINAL DATE OF THE POST.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »

Ann  Threads

um...this hasn't happened yet  Paranoid

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »

Ann  Threads

um...this hasn't happened yet  Paranoid

Meant to type 2009.. blush

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2010, 02:31:00 PM »

ANN - April 2008 and May 2008 Copied. I'm on Page 20

Michelle - did you see my question above about dating the Anns? I just found An October 2007 post right in the middle of May 2008  Also, since most of the ANN dates are being saved in "HTML only", how are they to be saved? Will we copy and paste, or will they transfer over by a right click (I guess I need to go see what happens when I try to post something.) I assume we will be typing in the Title and date of each??? Where will we put original Poster's name? (Maybe I will see that when I move a post over). If Philly moves a thread from 2010 and I put one from 2003 in later, what will happen - will the 2003 go to the back as it should???

I'm going to go frost a cake that just came out of the oven - if all of you want to come on down, we can eat cake and discuss this in person - I'm warning you, though - it is snowing here again!!! (Third time this winter!!!)  Jaw drop!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2010, 03:08:48 PM »

ANN - April 2008 and May 2008 Copied. I'm on Page 20

Michelle - did you see my question above about dating the Anns? I just found An October 2007 post right in the middle of May 2008  Also, since most of the ANN dates are being saved in "HTML only", how are they to be saved? Will we copy and paste, or will they transfer over by a right click (I guess I need to go see what happens when I try to post something.) I assume we will be typing in the Title and date of each??? Where will we put original Poster's name? (Maybe I will see that when I move a post over). If Philly moves a thread from 2010 and I put one from 2003 in later, what will happen - will the 2003 go to the back as it should???

You will be recreating the thread but the post time will determine the order. If you create a thread for a date in 2007 and someone else goes in after you and creates a thread for 2005 it will be above the 2007 date because of when it was posted.

Your idea for the year being listed first is a good one.

When you recreate a thread you will have to do it one post at a time. Copy/pasting each individual post. You will need to include the poster's username and original post date as part of the body of your post.

For example:

Claymaniac username posted this on April 17, 2004

copy/pasted post

Does that make sense?

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »

It does , but with the ANN each News Team member (or anyone who helped her that day) will be shown as the person who made the post anyway - at least I think this informaion will show up?) I guess there is no way to avoid the present poster's name from showing up on the outside of the Thread.  Shirl thinks that if we put the year first - as in 2010 AIKEN NEWS NETWORK January 1 - the date will line up correctly, no matter when it was posted. I hope she is right about this. She said it works with her personal files on her computer - maybe Michael does not have things set up like this, though. In the past, ANN threads have moved out of place as soon as someone posts in them - even months afterward. I will try the dates both ways to see what happens.

I think entire pages will be able to be highlighted, copied, and pasted at one time. (At least I hope so!)

I hope we will be able to delete on the "test site". I will make errors at first, I know, and I would like to get it right.

Just copied June and July 2008 - I'm on Page 18.

EDIT - August and September 2008 Copied - I'm on Page 16, but am about to take a break.

PHILLYLUVSCLAY
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

THE "PREZ"

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2010, 04:47:44 PM »

Ann Threads

August 2009 to December 2009 saved.

Just taking a small break...

Fountaindawg
Claynewbie

« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2010, 04:58:03 PM »

Photo Gallery Update:

Finished Galleries:
Touched by a Fan > Both galleries FINISHED (Wallpapers & Blends, Drawing Clay)
Making a Difference > All 3 galleries FINISHED ( BAF, UNICEF, Other)
Concerts >  SEVEN Galleries are done = Others, AI2 Tour, Independent Tour, Solo Tour/NAT, Joyful Noise 2004, JNaT 06, CITH 2007,
Media Group > All 4 categories FINISHED ... Photoshoots, Online Media, Print Media, Video screen caps
Favorites:  ALL THREE GALLERIES FINISHED (B&W,  Random, Awards/Special Events}

Next up: Clay on Broadway. (I'm stalling on the TV forum 1266 files!!! OMG!)
Suereu was working through the Christmas 2005 Tour aka "The Work" with over 1100 files. She may need a St Bernard to go in there and find her. LOL)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx