gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 456
Total: 456

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: PBS Special Filming Reports 3-12-10  (Read 16506 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« on: March 12, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

I split this thread from another around 1:00 this morning so I didn't have a chance to properly place this disclaimer ahead of time, for that I apologize. ~ Moonshot / Claymaniacs Admin

Disclaimer:

As Clay clearly stated "No Cameras or recording devices"; it was also posted everywhere at the venue. I know there are always people who think those statements do not apply to them but "No" means "No". There will be photos, if there are photos I'm sure there is video. Claymaniacs is simply asking that members please do not post photos, videos or links to either on the board.

This was not just a "concert" it was a filming for a television production and therefore has copyrights in place.

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »

Thanks, JOHANNA, for posting those picture links.  Unfortunately I was only able to view the first 2 pictures before my pop-up blocker prevented me from downloading the others.  Hopefully I can open them a bit later.

And yes,  wow, yes  wow  are appropriate reactions to the way Clay looked as well as the stage setting.  PBS and Decca outdid themselves!!!!  Clapping

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 07:54:26 PM »

Some more info:

Mack the Knife (Mr Cool Extraordinaire!)
You're Too Good to Be True
Impossible
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
(spelling?) Es So Beso (Ooh That Kiss) Whoa!
Who's Sorry Now
I'll Take Romance
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - Clay started and Ruben took over! Great!

Crazy Medley with Clay,Quiana, Ruben - took songs of today (Baby got Back, as an example) and did them with a Swing Sound! Great and hysterical!

Misty
What Kind Of Fool Am I

Duet with . . .
LINDA EDER!! CRYING!! (Holy Crap!)

Suspicious Minds! Clay and Quiana (Killed it!!)

Butter-freakin-Cup!!!

Dedicated this one to all his teachers - had the ones in the audience stand!! 15 of more teachers! . . . Not sure of the title - For All My Life ? In My Life? Cello was amazing on this one.

It's Only Make Believe
There's a Kind of a Hush (?title?)
A New Version of Unchained Melody!

Encore
Moon River - complete with smoke/fog!

Hair styled like stars of the 40's/50's, much like HRC.
Black "Sharkskin" Suit, white shirt, dark gray(?) tie

Gorgeous!
He sounded fabulous!
He looks HAPPY!

claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

JOHANNA, again thanks for bringing us the updates.  Indeed, this IS "Just too Good to be True"!!!  It's about time, too, wouldn't ya'll say??? I absolutely can't wait to see the PBS special in June!   fruit

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »

And more:

Velvety suit.
Incredible hair

Mack the Knife
You're Just Too Good to be True

Chatted - Wake County School Board, Menopause the Musical following night.

Candleabra came down
It's Impossible

You Don't have to Say you Love Me

Es Un Beso (Samba) with dancers

Came to back of orchestra and found our friend who took the 36 hour bus trip from Nebraska and talked to her and then brought her down to the dress circle.

Who's Sorry Now (Everybody that didn't take a bus)

I'll Take Romance

Talked Ruben and Neil Sedaka
Started singing Breaking Up is Hard to Do
and then Ruben took over.

He and Ruben and Quiana started a medley of songs like I Like Big Butts, Poker Face, You Think my Tractor's Sexy

Misty (on a stool)

What Kind of Fool am I

Chatted about being on this stage when he was a senior in HS
Duet with Linda Eder
Crying (beautiful)

Suspicious Minds (off the chain)

Build me up Buttercup (He said afterward that Ben made it the highest he's ever sung)

Chat about being a loser in 6th grade. Introduced his 6th grade teacher and then had all his teachers stand up.
sang In my Life

Make Believe

There's a Kind of Hush

Unchained Melody.

curtain dropped

then Moon River

all done except do-overs

re-did

Mack the Knife (many times better than the first time)

Who's Sorry Now

Misty

Suspicious Minds (Quiana wanted her vocals louder)

Absolutely an incredible evening.
Thank you PBS.

Looked like a million damn dollars.

wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 08:01:30 PM »

JOHANNA . . .  THANKS FOR THE INFO!!  Purple Banana Purple Banana Clapping Clapping

Love the pics  . . . . and the descriptions of the songs . .  HE'S BACK!  wow

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »

Unbelieveable!  I so wish I could have seen him do "Mack the Knife", in particular.   But that's what the PBS Special is for, right ladies????  Laughing

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »

Oh my dear Clay buddies...indeed 'the best is yet to come'...is a reality...and ahem...it's about damn time!

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:19:55 PM »

more...

Just got a call from a friend who was there. She called me and was screaming and crying and raving about what she just saw and heard. She said she felt (as did everyone in her group) that this was the best show Clay has ever done in his career. Her favorite tour was the JBT but she said this just blew it out of the water. She couldn't even think of enough adjectives to describe how fantastic he was. She said every song was fantastic in it's own way. She was there and said that she can't wait for the dvd to see it again.

From five goldens:

First, I have to say  amaaaaaaaaaazzzing!!!

I was two rows back from him when he came into the audience and talked to the woman from Nebraska who had ridden on four different buses for 36 hours to get to Raleigh. He asked her why and she said "I love you".

Close up he looked wonderful. The suit was a throwback to the shiny sharkskin suits. His hair was combed over and seems like it was probably close to his natural color, strawberry blond. He looked perfect for the songs and the type of show.

I didn't hear mistakes in the songs he had to do over, but he said he messed up Mack the Knife and sang the verses out of order. I have no idea what was wrong with the other songs. I think it was a joke when Clay said Quiana wanted for vocals louder, although the producers may have wanted them louder.

It was neat to see the production with one camera on a boom slowly moving back and forth on the right. Someone was driving a camera back and forth behind the front row. There was another huge camera at the back of the aisle on the left orchestra as well as one way back up and to the left, third section back on the side.

There was so much to observe and he was at his peak vocally. I don't know how he could have sounded any better. There may have been one voice crack but I don't remember if it was one of the re-done songs, I don't remember which one, barely noticeable. Great show, I wish everyone could have been there. Make sure you watch it on hi-def tV if at all possible. Of course there will be a DVD of the show, too.

It was sad to see so many empty seats in the balcony and upper sides. They did move a few people down in the front to make sure it was full. I'm not sure how many seats were empty.

I loved all the upbeat numbers and I hope the Quiana, Ruben, and Clay song medley does not get cut for any reason. Rubem sang Poker Face. It all sounded so strange with the big band sound, but very cool.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:35:25 PM »

Yet some more:

Sounded so good Never heard him in better voice

Good pacing of the show

Faster songs, slower songs

UM best arrangement ever

Favorite thing...duet with Linda Eder

Clay was very funny and chatted alot!!

His manager Simon was there behind the stage!

I met Reed and talked with him. He is so sweet!

Talked with Jamie she did not do Clays hair tonight.

Reed had the best looks on his face watching Clay and reacting to him as did Reeds mom. They both looked so proud!! It was very sweet. Jerome, Diane B and Jamie all giving Reed and his Mom big hugs!

Faye and her Mom and Brett sitting a few rows in front of me center.

Clays friend Cameron and his girl friend were there.

Clay had all his teachers stand up in the audience and told a stroy about his 6th grade teacher.

He sounded so incredible OMG, his voice!

He looked gorgeous,

Ben rocked !!

Clay had to bring his own stool from his basement he said to sit on

just a few tidbits everyone

Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 08:05:13 AM »

Johanna,

Thanks for the pictures and all the information!  Oh, my!  He is singing some of my favorite songs. Music  I just hope my PBS station will carry this when it airs! Fingers Crossed

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »

MICHELLE, thanks for creating a new PBS Special Thread.  Huggles This is going to be my first stop on Claymaniacs every day!!!

Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 08:17:31 AM »

Disclaimer:

As Clay clearly stated "No Cameras or recording devices" and it was posted everywhere at the venue. I know there are always people who think those statements do not apply to them but "No" means "No". There will be photos, if there are photos I'm sure there is video. Claymaniacs is simply asking that members please do not post photos, videos or links to either.

This was not just a "concert" it was a filming for a television production and therefore has copyrights in place.

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
Tiffany
Enthusiastic

Clay's Dove

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:34:26 AM »

Hi everyone. bigsmile In a Clay fog but I'll do the best I can to say what I thought about the show. Great reports I"ve seen so far. Agreed with every word. Clapping What an incredable concert. Clay was AMAZING!!!! His voice sounded so perfect on every song and he was freaking gorgeous. Thud! He looked so, mature, cool and handsome in that suit. Gahhhh I had a good seat in the center where I could look right at him. The show was very professional and classy. The band did very well with him. All the songs he sang were beautifully done. His voice just send you chills and puts you under a spell. He still has IT!!! I got so excited when he sang Mack The Knife, UM, Suspicious Minds and Build Me Up Buttercup. The last 2 aren't on the CD though. Darn! He did pretty much on the songs that will though. After it was over he redid 4 songs. Didn't mind one bit. Wink UM was incredable. He changed it up. He OWNS that song now. He sang some spanish song I didn't know that sounded pretty good and these dancers came out and did the samba. If only he could perform this on DWTS. Ruben and Quiana were there. Quiana sang backup on a few songs. She looked great. Her, Clay and Ruben did like this new classic medley and it was brilliant and so funny. Ruben looked great too. He losted 100 pounds. He sounded really good singing Breaking Up Is Hard to Do. It was nice to see him and Clay on stage together again after 7 years. He also did a duet with Linda Eder. Crying It was beautiful. It's on the album. Clay also came out in the audience once and it was so close to me. OMG! He talked to a fan that came a long way by bus from NE. He was sweet to give her a closer seat after hearing how long it took to get there. 36 hours. Wow! It looked like that will be on camera. I think pretty much all we saw will be on TV. He also brought a stool from home from his basement. He did a nice tribute about his teachers and sang a song to them. It was very sweet. A few were there. Looking forward to see it on TV now. This show will blow you away. You all will love it. I'm so happy I went. Fingers Crossed it will air in June. Clay just said sometime in the summer and him and Ruben will indeed tour this summer too. Eeeeeeeeeeeee I love him so much. Very happy for him and proud. Clapping He looked really happy too.  Now Bring on Tried and True!!!

It was so nice to see everyone. We had a nice dinner at The Pit and I enjoyed talking to you guys like old friends. Huggles Thanks to Marlene for getting this together. Off for home tomorrow.

Rest in peace our Angels Janet, Carol, Liz, Julie, Kris, Debi and JJ. Angel We miss you and you are in our hearts always I will love and support Clay always and forever. Proud to be a Claymaniac. 
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:25 AM »

TIFFANY, what a delightful recap!  Clapping  I can just feel your excitement and "fangirlyness" in your post.  'So glad you had a chance to attend this concert!   Huggles

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:28 AM »

Thanks for sharing that wonderful recap Tiffany...I love all the excitement here...and thanks to Prissy for your kind post...I love what everyone contributes to this board...it means a great deal to me, this cyber home.

I am surely looking forward to reading each of our Claymaniacs' PBS taping experience.

wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

I got so excited when he sang Mack The Knife, UM, Suspicious Minds and Build Me Up Buttercup. The last 2 aren't on the CD though.
Bummer! I got really excited when I read the set list and thought of hearing those two on the CD. At least I'll have a DVD. Smile

Thanks for the recap, Tiff! It sure sounds like it was amazing.  bigsmile

I think wendywink at CV sums it up nicely:

My biggest, selfish wish was that I'd wake up today and know I'd missed something special and feel some regret for it.

I have. And I'm glad.

I've just wanted the spark back. Both on his side and mine.

Looking forward now to CD and the special!

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
mrs. c.
Enthusiastic

Clay's Buttercup

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 09:27:51 AM »

Tiffany, sounds like you had an amazing evening Clapping Clapping Can't wait especially to hear Crying as a duet and UM, by all accounts he was in superb voice Yes! Thank you for letting us share the night with you!!

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!
Baby you can drive my car
Magnificently eye frelled in Clio
wisconsinmaniac
Enthusiastic

Filling Every Empty Space With Clay

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

TIFFANY!  Loved your recap.  So glad that you were there "in person"!  Clapping Clapping

How lucky we are to understand and appreciate the true beauty of Clay Aiken and to follow him on his journey as he "makes a difference"!
Prissy
Enthusiastic

Clay's Fiddlin' Poet

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

Tiffany,

Thanks for that great recap!  It sounds like you had the perfect seat.  I still hope we get to meet in person some day.  I know you enjoyed being with the NC gals!  They are a very hospitable group of Clay fans!  Hug

Hug  *Prissy*   Music violin2 
Special memories of Julie, Joyce, Liz, Carol, Janet, Kris, and Debi
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx