gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:39:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 395
Total: 395

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CM Clay Discussion 33:: Our Main Clay Discussion Thread (All Members Welcome)  (Read 195222 times)
Moonshot
Administrator
Enthusiastic

Yes. I AM a sexy beast.

« on: February 19, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »

Welcome to CM Discussion Number 32.  This is the official Clay discussion thread at Claymaniacs.com. 

To that end, please include Clay content in your posts. News, articles, links to pictures, thoughts, opinions or anything that encourages conversation is welcome.  Personal conversation should take place in our community threads. 

Antagonistic or adversarial comments are not allowed. State your opinion then move on. Please also note that you are free to scroll through posts which do not interest you.

An opinion that differs from your own is not a personal attack on you.  A negative opinion is not a personal attack on Clay.

This is a linear style thread, in that several topics may be discussed in this single thread, sometimes all at once.  All rules and guidelines referenced in the Forum Info section apply here.  This is an all ages thread, so please insure content is appropriate.

In order to keep the tone conversational, links to pictures are encouraged but clickable thumbnails may also be posted in moderation.  No post-hoing of pics!!  No full-sized photos will be permitted.

All previous threads will be archived in the "Archives - Critical Mass" forum.

Thanks and have fun!

“We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over. So in a series of kindnesses there is, at last, one which makes the heart run over.” James Boswell
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »

Thank you Michelle.  You really are a treasure!!!

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:40 PM »

Thea,
                     If Chris wants your room I wonder if she needs a roomate?

The lady I am travelling with may be interested, she has got an
                    hotel room further out because the Marriott was full, but I think she
                    would like to be closer.

Marilyn and I are sharing.

Tell your Mother about Shirl. she fought going into assisted living

but is as happy as a sand boy now.Wishes she had done it before.

Glad you are feeling better.

Betty
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Irene is coming on the train, & her husband is coming with her. They booked a room at The Sheraton

Forgive your enemies....it messes with their head
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 01:38:27 PM »

Irene is coming on the train, & her husband is coming with her. They booked a room at The Sheraton

Hi MARLENE!

I just got a PM from Irene and responded to it.   If Irene doesn't want the room, I'll be cancelling my reservation.  Hopefully this will work out for her and her hubby.  Although I've never met Irene, I know she is a sweet and loyal Clay fan and I know she would enjoy hanging out with ya'll.  I hope to meet her myself someday!   

I'm very sad about not being able to go, but I have to be realistic with my energy levels and family situation at this point.   I finally went out for about an hour and a half to run a couple of errands, and now I'm totally exhausted.  I need to work on building up my immunity and stamina again. 

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
"Life is just one damn thing after another!" ~ Uncle Julian
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »

BETTY, actually I have mentioned Shirl to my mother several times and she has listened.  I think my mother now knows that things have to change.  Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.  I hope you know how much I admire and respect you as a friend and confidante.  Huggles

"To thine ownself be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man."  ~ William Shakespeare
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2010, 01:52:53 PM »

BACK FROM THE HOME INSPECTION AND THE KIDS HAD TO WALK AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.  ALL THE RENOVATIONS WERE DONE INCORRECTLY AND SHODDILY.  NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION.  ER IS UPSET.  GABE MORE REALISTIC.  ONWARD AND UPWARD.

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »

BACK FROM THE HOME INSPECTION AND THE KIDS HAD TO WALK AWAY FROM THE HOUSE.  ALL THE RENOVATIONS WERE DONE INCORRECTLY AND SHODDILY.  NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION.  ER IS UPSET.  GABE MORE REALISTIC.  ONWARD AND UPWARD.

GWENN

GWENN,  although I'm sure "the kids" are disappointed, they should thank their lucky stars that the inspector was so honest and forthcoming with the problems.  Nobody needs to buy a money pit.   Paranoid 

IChris1
SuperFan

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 02:33:57 PM »

Hi MARLENE!

I just got a PM from Irene and responded to it.   If Irene doesn't want the room, I'll be cancelling my reservation.  Hopefully this will work out for her and her hubby.  Although I've never met Irene, I know she is a sweet and loyal Clay fan and I know she would enjoy hanging out with ya'll.  I hope to meet her myself someday!   

I'm very sad about not being able to go, but I have to be realistic with my energy levels and family situation at this point.   I finally went out for about an hour and a half to run a couple of errands, and now I'm totally exhausted.  I need to work on building up my immunity and stamina again. 

Thea, please check your PM's as I need more info.

Now my heart is dancing through each day, my soul is running free, look what love has done to me.
Proud member of the East Coast Posse
Clay's English Princess
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 03:20:24 PM »

Hi MARLENE!

Thea, please check your PM's as I need more info.

Just woke up from a nap, Irene.  Responded to your PM!!!  Smile

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

THE QUEEN OF SNARK Raleigh

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »

GWENN
Oh, how disappointing for them. At least they found out now, rather than later. Something better awaits.

"To look at me, you may be wrong. I've been through this--it made me strong."
"'Lifted me up when I couldn't reach; you gave me faith 'cuz you believed."
"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 03:24:13 PM »

Happy as a who? scratch

"I believed that I would find an open door or a Light to lead me to the other side."
claydevotee
Enthusiastic

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »

Happy as a who? scratch

Ask any question here and ye shall receive, MS SUNNY!   bigsmile

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/as-happy-as-a-sandboy.html

Sundancer
Enthusiastic

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »

Thank ya, Ms. Thea! I stand, enlightened. Clapping Laughing

mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 03:51:12 PM »

Gwenn, Its better that they found out now because they could have been stuck with a lemon.

It was good they had the inspection..Before Roger retired he did a lot of home inspections,an he said you would be surprised that some people would try to pull off in order to sell their house.

I know that you are all disappointed, but the right one is out there ,just waiting to be found.

corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 04:26:10 PM »

Thea,

Thank you for the explaining the expression of "Happy as a Sand Boy"

to Sunny.

It"s an expression we use a lot in England.
You can take the girl out of the country but you can"t take the
              country out of the girl!!!

Betty
corbet
UltimateFan

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 04:31:03 PM »

Gwenn,
                    It"s a good thing your "kids" found out about the house. We bought this

house without knowing about everything. We had quite a lot of things

to take care of. There will be more houses for them ,though I know the

disappointment is hard.
                                                                                    Betty
GWENN
Enthusiastic

HE'S KILLING ME!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »

THANKS, GUYS.  WHAT IS SO AMAZING IS THAT ALL WE HEAR ABOUT IS HOW BAD THE HOUSING MARKET IS.  WELL, NOT WHERE I LIVE.  NOT IN ANY OF THE SURROUNDING TOWNSHIPS.  YOU CAN'T FIND MUCH UNDER $300,000.  IN SOME PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY, IT WOULD BUY A MANSION.  HERE---A SMALL OLDER HOME OR A TOWNHOME.  MY FRIEND'S DAUGHTER HAS BEEN LOOKING FOR OVER 6 MONTHS AND WANTS TO SPEND $350,000.  CAN'T FIND ANYTHING THAT HAS 2 1/2 BATHS AND MORE THAN 1800 SQ. FT.  IT IS REALLY SOMETHING.

BUT I AM GLAD THEY GOT THE HOUSE INSPECTED.  I AM GLAD I PUT THEM IN TOUCH WITH A REPUTABLE REALTOR.  THEY WILL FIND THE RIGHT PLACE.  THEY JUST NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE PATIENT.  BUT, HEY, I AM NOT ONE TO TALK.  PATIENCE IS NOT MY VIRTUE EITHER. bigsmile doh

GWENN

HIS VOICE WRAPS AROUND MY HEART.
KEEPER OF CLAY'S CHARM
ALWAYS AND FOREVER
wvclayfan
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Always and forever

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 05:09:43 PM »

Sorry to hear they had to walk away from the house, Gwenn. Huggles Glad they had a good inspector though!  Fingers Crossed They find something they like equally as much in their price range. I also understand what you mean about the market not being down in your area. Morgantown has avoided it as well. It's a thriving community (for the most part) with a 30,000 student university. Randy and I will likely move to the neighboring county when we buy our first home. The same price will get you twice as nice/much of a house (with some land) there.

~ Lindsay ~

"I will now rise from the ashes. Don't call me pretentious. I'm sitting here making my own rules."
mimi
SuperFan

NCMimi4OMC

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »

Did anyone here try TM today?

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx