gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:41:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 430
Total: 430

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK FEB. 2  (Read 4167 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« on: February 01, 2010, 10:56:46 PM »

Late News...A Special Message To Clay Aiken Fans...go to the last comment...wow, just wow!

Every day with Clay...here's news...and 're-news' (recycled Clay articles worthy of another read...) for today's reading pleasure:

The Palm Beach article home page now has a pic of Reed and Clay...scroll down and click on the text: Clay Aiken at Mirasol

Here's the link:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 10:59:02 PM »

Here's a list of the songs Clay sang tonight at Golfing for Inclusion:

Per the CH: He did a lot of songs tonight, even though some weren't full versions.

What Kind of Fool Am I
Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
They Can't Take That Away From Me
Lover All Alone
I Will Be Here
Sacrificial Love
It's Impossible
Moon River

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:00:26 PM »

As an FYI...the lyrics to It's Impossible:

It's impossible, tell the sun to leave the sky, it's just impossible
It's impossible, ask a baby not to cry, it's just impossible
Can I hold you closer to me and not feel you goin' through me?
Split the second that I never think of you? Oh, how impossible

Can the ocean keep from rushin' to the shore? It's just impossible
If I had you, could I ever want for more? It's just impossible
And tomorrow, shouldya ask me for the world, somehow I'd get it
I would sell my very soul and not regret it
For to live without your love--It's just impossible

Can the ocean keep from rushin' to the shore? It's just impossible
If I had you, could I ever want for more? It's just impossible
And tomorrow, shouldya ask me for the world, somehow I'd get it
I would sell my very soul and not regret it
For to live without your love--It's just impossible

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 11:07:21 PM »

Here's an audio version of Clay's singing at GFI:

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Special_Appearances/100201_Golfing_for_Inclusion_Florida/deborah760/020110_GFI_Audio_deborah760.mp3

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:13:17 PM »

CANN has some photos up from GFI...here's the link:

http://www.claynewsnetwork.com/2010/02/01/clay-aiken-national-inclusion-project-roundtable/

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »

This blog contains some interesting commentary about the Grammys and AMA...

Here's the link:

http://conclayve.blogspot.com/

Sunday, January 31, 2010

15 Minutes...times a few million

I've been watching a lot of the live music shows this year; including the AMAs, Hope for Haiti concert and tonight, the Grammy Awards. My brother reminded me today that we always used to watch them as a family and my dad would growl "They're all on drugs". Not anymore, Dad. Now, they're all on ProTools.

A couple of things have struck me as I watched these shows. First, a startling number of today's biggest names in music simply cannot sing live. They've relied on so much technology or the camouflage of the spectacle to disguise that basic fact. Gaga is one of the few that combines the flash with the vocals. (Black Eyed Peas, I'm looking at you. You couldn't even sing in step with your own music tonight.)

The second thing that I noticed is that the same names are chosen to perform again and again at these events. Shakira performed at the AMA and Haiti benefit and she was just plain bad both times. Does the industry associate name recognition with talent? If that's the case, Spongebob SquarePants should open next year's Grammys.

Is Beyonce really that good that her ass gets kissed everywhere she goes? I will give her the credit of knowing her audience and feeding them exactly what they want. But when I saw the scene with her and Jamie Foxx in Dreamgirls where he tells her character something like "your voice is just ordinary", I immediately thought to myself that he just described Beyonce. But she's treated like royalty by the industry regardless of whether she has a hit or a miss. I mean tonight she was introduced as one of the most "exquisite and compelling artists of our time". Oookay. The screeching my ears heard after that introduction begs to differ.

Some hit it every time. Mary J. Blige always looks and sounds great. Taylor Swift deserves everything she has earned. Girl can't really sing that well live but she's so bright and fresh and her songs are important ones for her target audience. Her parents have earned my admiration.

When it comes to the Grammys, I always think about Clay Aiken. One of the best voices in the industry and one that actually sounds even better live than recorded. My hope is his new album due this summer will be nominated for Best Traditional Vocal Album. I hope Decca works their magic.    ...

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 04:38:08 AM »

Hello, ANN!   wave

Soggy weather at Monday's Golfing for Inclusion inspired ad libbing all around for co-hosts Clay Aiken and Wayne Player. After nine holes in the rain, the National Inclusion fundraiser became "Poker for Inclusion."

With reports from the evening's auction, dinner, and concert -- all indoor activities! -- came mp3 downloads of Clay's songs. Sendspaces are included in the Carolina blog. The Streeter interview is also included.

Have a great day, CM!   

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »

Woke up early this morning...of course I'm relistening to the clack! lol...and there are lots of great new pics of Clay over at the Clayboard...here's the link:

http://theclayboard.yuku.com/topic/31347?page=12

fhmmany2
ANN News Team
Enthusiastic

Clay's Magazine Maniac

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 11:41:39 AM »

Here are the GFI Videos that are on You Tube:

GFI 2010

Memories of Julie, jj, Liz, Carol, Janet, and Debi Make Me Smile - I Was Lucky To Have Known Them!
I Met Clay In Atlanta On 8/2/05 - Life Is Good!
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 09:43:51 PM »

A supportive blog for you all to enjoy...

http://nothreeputts.blogspot.com/2010/02/clay-aikens-national-inclusion-project.html

No Damn Three Putts: A golf blog with balls.

The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.

February 02, 2010

Clay Aiken's National Inclusion Project Golf Tournament

I'll tell ya this - I never, ever thought I'd be writing about Clay Aiken here on my golf blog.

But yesterday, at Mirasol Golf Club (which is about 3 miles from my house) was the third annual golf event to benefit the National Inclusion Project.

Golf pro Wayne Player (whose son played on my sons flag football team this year, and I'll brag for a second - they went undefeated) has been helping Clay Aiken with his golf game for 3 years and at the pre-tourney clinics... as Aiken mentioned - he has no game.

Here it is in his own words, “I still don’t know anything... We do the clinic and I still don’t know what (Player) is talking about. I just stand there and make a few jokes.”

So why am I writing about Aiken here?

Because I really believe in his cause. It's called The National Inclusion Project and he has created a curriculum that can be used by already-existing camps to make their facilities accessible and fun for would-be campers with disabilities.

In short, the Project puts it like this: What would you do if it were your child who couldn't participate?

Frankly, I don't know what I would do. But I do know this: Although I've never been much of a fan of Clay Aiken, I now respect him as a person and admire the work he's doing for children.

For the 3rd year, N.I.P. has donated $15,000 to a Florida camp – this year the money went to the Florida Lion’s Camp in Lake Wales.

It's nice to see a celebrity put his name and valuable time to good use. Nice work Clay Aiken.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:56 PM »

Clay and his famous AI makeup artist...remember her and that photo  Naughty  blush...lol:

http://www.hollywoodlife.com/2010/02/02/american-idol-makeovers-mezhgan-carrie-underwood-jennifer-hudson-clay-aiken-adam-lambert-fantasia/

EXCLUSIVE! ‘American Idol’ Makeup Artist Mezhgan Hussainy Reveals Her Top 5 Favorite Idol Makeovers!

Clay Aiken
He didn’t like his freckles

* “Clay didn’t have any bad habits – he just didn’t have any habits! He didn’t do anything. I love him to death. He didn’t like his freckles. We balanced them out by warming up his skin tone. We shaped up his eyebrows a little bit, I didn’t want to over pluck. With men, you want to make sure that its done in such a way that it doesn’t look like anything was done. His were just really thick.
      We tinted his lashes and eyebrows because they’re super, super light. He just looked amazing and handsome. Sometimes he would sleep in his makeup. I would tell him he cant do that and he would say “but I love the way I look.” He went from geek to chic!” she says.

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »

This is fantastic ...have a read!

http://nothreeputts.blogspot.com/2010/02/special-message-to-clay-aiken-fans.html

No Damn Three Putts: A golf blog with balls.

The #1 golf blog for gossip, breaking news and irreverent banter.
February 03, 2010
A Special Message To Clay Aiken Fans

I've got to tell ya, all of you Clay Aiken fans shocked me.

You see, last night, after putting my kids to bed I decided to write a brief article about Clay Aiken and the National Inclusion Project golf tournament.

Why?

Because this is a golf blog, the tournament is held down the road from my house, I've played the Mirasol golf course several times and this charity seems like a really good cause.

To me, it was no big deal, I was just making an observation about a celebrity - who until today I only knew as the guy who came in second place to Ruben Studdard (not sure where he is now).

But you people, you Clay Aiken fans - you blew me away.

Here's why...

This morning when I got up and checked this little golf blogs logs - I was astonished at what I saw.

What did I see? Glad you asked... I saw a staggering amount of visitors from websites I never knew existed. For instance:

* theclayboard.yuku.com
    * theclackhouse.com
    * clayaikentheidealidol.com
    * chexxxysplace.com
    * clayversity.net
    * forums.clayonline.com

So, I visited these sites and wanted to see what the heck was going on. And you know what I found. I found heartfelt comments like these:

"Nice work, Larry. We need more people like you, who actually look at facts and judge someone by their actions."

"What a very nice mention for The Project by a non-fan."

"THAT was a nice surprise!!!"

"It is nice to see someone get what we have know all along! Great blog!!"

"Just fun reading this blog.....wonder if Clay has ever attempted to golf after seeing all having fun!? Great that this golfer "gets it"!"

"I liked that a lot. I posted it to fb so my family could read it."

"Thanks for posting this. These are the people we need to reach-the fans know what Clay is doing-this is wonderful and reaches out to a whole new audience."

To be honest, I had no idea Clay had so many fans and that so many people really believe in him, and his cause - the National Inclusion Project.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that all of your comments and the over 2,000 visitors (and counting) who came to this golf blog simply because I mentioned Clay Aiken - really struck a chord with me.

So, here's what I decided to do...

First, over on the right side of my blog you'll see I've added a National Inclusion Project banner ad. That way my readers will become aware of this cause, check it out and hopefully make a donation.

Next, I'm going to download a couple of Clay's songs from iTunes to check his music out. I'm willing to listen with an open ear. Please add comments to this post with suggestions.

And finally, if someone could email me (my email address is on the top right of your screen) next year, one month before the Inclusion tournament - I'm going to post a brief write-up on the tournament and encourage my readers to attend... Plus, I'll contact my fellow golf bloggers and ask them to do the same.

Again, thank you all for your kind words.
Larry

P.S. On one of the forums someone wrote "A Nice Blog From A NJU About Clay Who Was At GFI." My questions is: What does 'NJU' stand for?

P.P.S. It's obvious Clay's fans are not really big golfers, with all of the extra site visitors today I expected my Google Ads to have more clicks than usual. But that was not the case. Yes, that's a not so subtle hint.  :)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx