gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 453
Total: 453

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JAN. 26  (Read 2364 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« on: January 25, 2010, 11:04:22 PM »

Every day with Clay...here's news...and 're-news' (recycled Clay articles worthy of another read...) for today's reading pleasure:

Here's an incredible list of 'Clay Firsts' compiled by posters over at Chexxxy's...wow!...just wow!

Clay Aiken was the FIRST AI to:

o  have a Christmas Special.
o  have a best selling book.
o  be on the cover of Rolling Stone.
o  first (and only) to break 600,000 on a debut CD .
o  first to create his own foundation.
o  first to be a UNICEF ambassador.
o  first to never be an opening act for anyone else.
o  first to have a Sardi's caricature.
o  first to be on Saturday Night Live.
o  first to have a solo TV Guide cover.
o  first to have an off Broadway play written about him.
o  first to complete his 5 album contract with 19R and leave on his own terms.
first to have a PBS special!!!

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »

Here's an article about David Leach with Decca:

Read the entire piece here:

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=442045

Rebirth Of A Legend:
Up Close With Decca Label Group SVP Promotion David Leach

David Leach began his record career in the late ’70s in the retail division of Polygram Records, eventually moving into promotion and rising to Polygram’s GM chair by the end of his 23-year stint with the label. Little did Leach know, during his storied years at Polygram’s helm, that he would return to the Universal Music Group in 2006 to lead the promotion department for the re-launch of the Decca Label Group, one of Polygram’s most respected brands before it was retired in the U.S. predating Leach’s start in the music business.
     Decca was originally formed in the U.K. in 1929, founded by Sir Edward Lewis, who stayed at the helm until his death in 1980. The label, while rooted in Classical music, was known for its diverse roster, including names like Mantovani, Bing Crosby and Duke Ellington. The company grew with the industry and changed with the public’s taste, eventually becoming home to Luciano Pavarotti, along with Pop artists like Engelbert Humperdink, Tom Jones, Marianne Faithfull and Lulu, along with Rock icons The Rolling Stones and Moody Blues. Although the latter acts saw their work released in the U.S. on the newly created London label, as the American Decca had been sold to MCA in the ’40s.
     By the beginning of the new century, Decca, Polygram and MCA had all become part of UMG, setting the stage for the U.S. re-emergence of one of the industry’s legendary brands. The 2007 version of Decca is certainly tied to its Classical past, but with a strong commitment to all forms of Adult music.
     In this exclusive e-QB interview, Decca’s SVP Promotion David Leach talks about the exciting challenge ahead, as well as what drew him to the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity of quarterbacking all radio promotion for such a unique entity.   

Talk about the challenges that led you to accept the task of heading promotion for this re-launched, re-imaged label.
The first thing that was appealing to me was the people that were running it, Chris Roberts and Paul Foley, both of whom I’ve known for 20-plus years. They are great record men and both are good people and have assembled a tremendous team of experienced and talented people in every department from A&R right down to finance.  So right off the bat, it was appealing because of the quality of the leadership and the people in charge. Number Two, I find the musical mix here very eclectic, very challenging, but also very, very strong in its fabric. We have the number one Classical label in the world.  We have a Jazz label that is really starting to ramp up, a Broadway division that is unparalleled, and then we have the Decca Label Group which is starting to sign more and more quality adult music. 

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 07:51:35 AM »

For up to the date, Clay news...a visit to CANN will always bring you the latest!  Here's the link, and some of today's content:

http://claynewsnetwork.com/

It’s been a heck of a day for Clay Aiken and his fans. There have been so many emotions, good and bad.

Maybe I am a “Pollyanna”, but I am going with the positive side of what is happening.

It has been so wonderful to see the excitement in Clay’s most recent blogs. He has shown a joy that is contagious. Clay is giving us something special. It is easy to look forward to it.

To know that soon Clay will be sharing his music with the world is exciting. His wonderful spirit and talent, along with his gorgeous voice will inspire, entertain and delight.

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:26:03 AM »

NEW CAROLINA BLOG: Clay Aiken Makes Global Difference

From the start, making a difference and using the celebrity influence of American Idol have been at the heart of Clay Aiken's career. Fans have adopted his charities and support the singer's humanitarian endeavors year round.

Clickable by cindilu2

Thank you for your visits and comments. Have a wonderful week!   Wink

Caro

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

Carolina Clay
Claymation

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »

Hello, CM!   wave

The Carolina blog is celebrating the anniversary of "Take," Jan. 28, 2003, the night we first heard Clay sing. His Atlanta audition was telecast on AI2 seven years ago tonight.

Graphics by Fountaindawg and Cotton and two montages by Aspiegirl are among the party favors. Drop by and join the fun.  Wink

Happy Anniversary, Clay Nation! 

Caro 

CAROLINA ON MY MIND

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx