gfx*HomeForumHelpCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:34:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Hot Links!

Content
   Forum
   Gallery
   Calendar
   Biography
   Chat
   Frappr
   MySpace
   Arcade
   PayPal Support
Recent Posts
[July 31, 2014, 09:19:55 PM]

[August 05, 2010, 09:35:10 PM]

[March 22, 2010, 10:02:16 AM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:36:44 PM]

by Pepe
[March 21, 2010, 04:29:29 PM]

[March 21, 2010, 04:20:43 PM]

Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 153
Total: 153

gfx gfx
The forums here are now LOCKED.  You will still be able read ALL posts,  just not reply or start new threads.  Please start moving your discussions to our new forums located at http://www.claymaniacs.com/clayforums

gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AIKEN NEWS NETWORK JAN. 12  (Read 1773 times)
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« on: January 11, 2010, 10:26:59 PM »

Every day with Clay...here's news...and 're-news' (recycled Clay articles worthy of another read...) for today's reading pleasure:

A very interesting mention of Clay is this gentleman's book...if the link doesn't take you to the correct page, it begins on page 27.

http://books.google.com/books?id=kPW5S_UdA0MC&pg=PA27&dq=%22clay+aiken%22&lr=&cd=18#v=onepage&q=%22clay%20aiken%22&f=true

Shine by Larry Thompson

I can think of no greater example than Clay Aiken, one of the most unlikely “Stars” born on the popular television show American Idol.  This show is the most recent incarnation of talent contests that date back to the very earliest years of television.  It is also a great laboratory for observing peoples, while following and using the principles, advice, and tips I offer you in this book.  If you didn’t see Clay Aiken until the last rounds of his American Idol competition, you missed an amazing transformation. ...

Clay's jois de vivre gladdens my heart;
his spiritual consciousness and musical gifts bring  harmony to my soul.

What is beautiful is a joy for all seasons...

Life is a Song ~ Love is the Music
clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:29:39 PM »

Latest industry news:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118013416.html?categoryId=16&cs=1&nid=2248

Overall music purchases up
Physical sales continue to drop, but digital soars
By CHRISTOPHER MORRIS

The music biz may be undergoing drastic shifts, but music still sells. Though sales of physical albums continued to wither in 2009, the number of overall music purchases rose 2.1% last year, according to year-end figures from Nielsen SoundScan.

Between Jan. 5, 2009, and Jan. 3, 2010, total album sales (encompassing CDs, cassettes, LPs and digital albums) plummeted 12.7%, with almost 374 million units sold (down from 428.4 million in 2008). Overall album sales (including all albums and "track equivalent" digital albums) fell 8.5%, with nearly 490 million units sold vs. 535.4 million the previous year. Internet sales of physical albums plunged 8% during the same period. ..

clayharmony
ANN News Team
SuperFan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »

Remembering Ashes...from the IdealIdol site:

http://clayaikentheidealidol.com/A-Rose_by-any-other-name.html

~A Rose by Any Other Name~

Words by YMarie
Photo blends by Ashes

~~~

“I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden.
Along with the sunshine, there’s got to be a little rain sometimes.”

I ran across these words the other day, and with the recent reminder that we will soon be embarking on our 8th year with Clay, I started thinking about how Clay has been, and still is, my rose garden.

When I first saw Clay, he appeared like a rose bud - sweet, innocent, fresh - having yet to reach his full potential. Week after week, he began to blossom and grow as each petal unfolded, until that final week when he burst forth in all his glory.

The next few months, and then years, added more rose buds to the bush: CDs, tours, TV roles, author, Broadway star. And just as before, each experience bloomed into a rose more beautiful than the last.

As anyone who has grown roses knows, however, they are not without their downside, and so it was with Clay. There were thorns that pricked me, as they wounded him. There were harmful insects that tried their level best to destroy the flower of his career. But he covered the wounds with the bandage of “Here’s to not caring”. He shook off the pests, and took his revenge, not by trying to repay in kind, but by succeeding in spite of their efforts. I have raised roses in the heat of a Nevada summer, or the cold of a Montana winter. Every year the rose survives some of the harshest climates, and comes back strong, just as Clay does through every adversity. By his example I am learning to do the same.

Every garden needs a little rain, too. So it was with my Clay-rose garden. The constant drip-drip-drip that annoys me, also strengthens my awareness and resolve to not let “them” win. He has earned my loyalty, my respect, and my trust.

Eventually, to remain healthy and strong, the rose bush must be pruned, the deadwood cut away. By getting rid of the entities that were holding him back, Clay is now free to continue to blossom and grow. And so it is my hope, as we start this new decade together, that with a new label, new possibilities to explore, and the love and support of me, and others like me, the world will finally see the beautiful bouquet that is Clay Aiken. ...

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx